PDA

View Full Version : Texas lawmakers rip budget, but seek millions

boutons_
03-02-2009, 12:50 AM
WASHINGTON — Rep. Ron Paul vehemently denounced the $410 billion catch-all spending bill approved last week by the House of Representatives.

But although the libertarian-leaning Republican from Lake Jackson cast a vote against the massive spending measure, his fingerprints were on some of the earmarks that helped inflate its cost.

Paul played a role in obtaining 22 earmarks worth $96.1 million, which led the Houston congressional delegation, according to a Houston Chronicle analysis of more than 8,500 congressionally mandated projects inserted into the bill.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/6286883.html

Ron Paul, the hypocrite? I'm shocked.

Winehole23
03-02-2009, 01:12 AM
Ron Paul, the hypocrite? I'm shocked.Eh, I'm not.

Galileo
03-02-2009, 11:44 AM
WASHINGTON — Rep. Ron Paul vehemently denounced the $410 billion catch-all spending bill approved last week by the House of Representatives.

But although the libertarian-leaning Republican from Lake Jackson cast a vote against the massive spending measure, his fingerprints were on some of the earmarks that helped inflate its cost.

Paul played a role in obtaining 22 earmarks worth $96.1 million, which led the Houston congressional delegation, according to a Houston Chronicle analysis of more than 8,500 congressionally mandated projects inserted into the bill.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/6286883.html

Ron Paul, the hypocrite? I'm shocked.

Ron Paul never sought any millions. He voted against the bill. The people who voted for the bill sought millions.

Ron Paul has never voted for an earmark in his life. He always votes against earmarks.

Ron Paul only votes for bills authorized by the US Constitution.

The rest of the congress breaks the law on a regular basis.

Winehole23
03-02-2009, 11:57 AM
Ah. That was truly incantatory, Galileo.

Do you really expect to convince anyone else, or are you just waving another banner?

RP fan, mounted on a white steed, swoops in to protect his man from petty harassers.

Is the whole world your back bumper, Galileo? :lol

DarrinS
03-02-2009, 01:05 PM
Ron Paul is a nutjob. It's no wonder that Galileo likes him.

Bartleby
03-02-2009, 01:13 PM
Ron Paul is the kindest, bravest, warmest, most wonderful human being I've ever known in my life.

LockBeard
03-02-2009, 01:18 PM
Focus on the misdoing of one good man (if true), and ignore the astronomical organized crime that saturates this country's leadership. It's great to stay on top of everyone, as we all should be obligated to, but this is comical boutons.

Those cherries must be sweet eh boutons.

Bartleby
03-02-2009, 01:22 PM
Ron Paul is the kindest, bravest, warmest, most wonderful human being I've ever known in my life.