PDA

View Full Version : to my fellow Texans

Texas Chili Dog
03-02-2009, 06:01 AM
happy Independence Day!!

173 years ago today, the Republic of Texas declared its independence from Mexico. The rest is history. Today we remember those that helped shape the future of Texas, and those who gave their lives for the cause. http://www.runemasterstudios.com/graemlins/images/notworthy.gif

BlackSwordsMan
03-02-2009, 07:54 AM
looks to me mexico has already claimed back texas and then some

La Migra
03-02-2009, 08:22 AM
looks to me mexico has already claimed back texas and then some

I'm on it.

CosmicCowboy
03-02-2009, 09:34 AM
My great great grandfather signed the Texas declaration of independence...

SpursStalker
03-02-2009, 09:34 AM
Did you bring chili dogs?

Summers
03-02-2009, 11:20 AM
Happy TID!

My paternal grandmother's family was part of the Old 300. Austin has been a family name ever since. :)

JoeChalupa
03-02-2009, 11:24 AM
God Bless Texas!

Fermixalot
03-02-2009, 11:32 AM
I'm on it.

:lmao:lmao:lmao

degenerate_gambler
03-02-2009, 12:18 PM
God Bless Texas!

amen

spurs_fan_in_exile
03-02-2009, 12:23 PM
I say come 2036 for the bi-centenial we should declare independence again, kind of like an old marry couple renewing their vows. That of course assumes that the federal government will still be there in 27 years.

CoolArrow
03-02-2009, 01:32 PM
While we're at it, let's give a shout out to all of the Mexicans, Native Americans and Slaves whose backs we stepped on to become so great!

Extra Stout
03-02-2009, 01:59 PM
Spain, 1600's: We're a colonial power! Wheee! We are exploiting Mexico's wealth! Hey, the French colonists up in Texas just got wiped out -- some of you Mexicans go up there and settle that land so we can control it, so it will really be ours rather than just lines on a map!

Mexicans: No, that land sucks for growing crops, and the Apaches and Comanches will kill us.

Spain, 1700's: Anybody interested in settling Texas? No? OK, we'll send some Canary Islanders. We'll tell them the land is awesome, and won't mention the tribes.

Canary Islanders: Hey, you tricked us! Oh, well, we're stuck, let's build a cathedral.

Spain: Now let's send some Catholic missionaries to convert and control the natives!

Mexico, 1821: Enough of your oppressive colonialist rule, Spain! We are independent! Hmm, what should we do about Texas? It is sparsely populated and we don't really control it, no matter what the lines on the map say. Anybody want to move there?

Mexicans: No. Texas sucks.

Mexico: Hey, if some of you gringos come down here, become Mexicans, learn a little Spanish and pretend to be Catholic, we'll give you land if you fend off the Comanches and Apaches.

Gringos: YEE-HAWWWWW!!!!!!

U.S.A.: Hey, sell us Texas.

Mexico: No.

U.S.A.: How 'bout now?

U.S.A.: Pretty please?

U.S.A.: Dammit.

Mexico: We probably should stop letting gringos in. We think the U.S.A. will try to entice them to declare independence. Hey, who told you you could own slaves? Those are illegal in Mexico!

Gringos: Those aren't slaves! Those are, umm, indentured servants.

Juan Antonio Lopez de Santa Anna: Hey, I think I'll be a complete idiot and try to centralize authoritarian control over far-flung provinces I hardly even control in the first place, like Texas! I'll give them a ready-made excuse to declare independence, playing right into the hands of the U.S.A.!

Gringos: You suck!

Santa Anna: I will crush you!

Gringos: We declare independence!

U.S.A.: Hee hee hee.

Santa Anna: Now I think I will become one of the most incompetent generals in history and lose to a bunch of rag-tag gringo rebels who are hopelessly outgunned!

Gringos: YEE-HAWWWWWW!!!

Comanches and Apaches: Are we chopped liver or something?

CoolArrow
03-02-2009, 02:07 PM
You just summed up half of a semester of Texas history in the span of one paragraph...awesome!:toast

CubanSucks
03-02-2009, 06:01 PM
While we're at it, let's give a shout out to all of the Mexicans, Native Americans and Slaves whose backs we stepped on to become so great!

Yeah since the citizens of Texas and the U.S. were the first people in history to own slaves. :rolleyes Fucking asshole

CoolArrow
03-02-2009, 06:37 PM
Yeah since the citizens of Texas and the U.S. were the first people in history to own slaves. :rolleyes Fucking asshole

I'm well aware that slavery is a concept that has tarnished humanity for practically its entire existence. However, the excuse of "everyone else was doing it" doesn't make it right for anyone. Unless of course, you still condone the practice of slavery and thus the reason for your aggression.

Summers
03-02-2009, 07:06 PM
I know it's naive of me, but can we just save 15 pages of people getting their feelings hurt and agree that nobody here condones slavery?

CoolArrow
03-02-2009, 07:31 PM
I know it's naive of me, but can we just save 15 pages of people getting their feelings hurt and agree that nobody here condones slavery?

I have no problem with that. However, I'm the naive one here on this forum. I was merely trying to figure out why Cuban was so upset. I'm all about peace and love baby.:toast

pkbpkb81
03-02-2009, 07:52 PM

i really could use a few slaves,

maybe to clean out the garge or something it's really bad

baseline bum
03-03-2009, 12:17 AM
LMAO @ ES. :lol

SpursStalker
03-03-2009, 09:28 AM
I have no problem with that. However, I'm the naive one here on this forum. I was merely trying to figure out why Cuban was so upset. I'm all about peace and love baby.:toast

You're a what?

:lol

CubanSucks
03-03-2009, 04:41 PM
I'm well aware that slavery is a concept that has tarnished humanity for practically its entire existence. However, the excuse of "everyone else was doing it" doesn't make it right for anyone. Unless of course, you still condone the practice of slavery and thus the reason for your aggression.

What excuse? I live in the year 2009. What the hell would I need excuses for when I wasn't even alive during slave times. I wasn't making excuses, just stating the irrelevance of your first post.

CoolArrow
03-03-2009, 05:40 PM
What excuse? I live in the year 2009. What the hell would I need excuses for when I wasn't even alive during slave times. I wasn't making excuses, just stating the irrelevance of your first post.

So you don't need a reason to be a dick?

CubanSucks
03-03-2009, 07:03 PM
So you don't need a reason to be a dick?

One "dick" post for another. Except your "dick" post started this.

CoolArrow
03-03-2009, 07:09 PM
One "dick" post for another. Except your "dick" post started this.

Oh, so you want to resort to an "I know you are, but what am I" mentality. I know your kind and I'll leave you alone. You can have the last word. Flame away. :rolleyes

Summers
03-03-2009, 07:37 PM
Spain, 1600's: We're a colonial power! Wheee! We are exploiting Mexico's wealth! Hey, the French colonists up in Texas just got wiped out -- some of you Mexicans go up there and settle that land so we can control it, so it will really be ours rather than just lines on a map!

Mexicans: No, that land sucks for growing crops, and the Apaches and Comanches will kill us.

Spain, 1700's: Anybody interested in settling Texas? No? OK, we'll send some Canary Islanders. We'll tell them the land is awesome, and won't mention the tribes.

Canary Islanders: Hey, you tricked us! Oh, well, we're stuck, let's build a cathedral.

Spain: Now let's send some Catholic missionaries to convert and control the natives!

Mexico, 1821: Enough of your oppressive colonialist rule, Spain! We are independent! Hmm, what should we do about Texas? It is sparsely populated and we don't really control it, no matter what the lines on the map say. Anybody want to move there?

Mexicans: No. Texas sucks.

Mexico: Hey, if some of you gringos come down here, become Mexicans, learn a little Spanish and pretend to be Catholic, we'll give you land if you fend off the Comanches and Apaches.

Gringos: YEE-HAWWWWW!!!!!!

U.S.A.: Hey, sell us Texas.

U.S.A.: How 'bout now?

U.S.A.: Pretty please?

U.S.A.: Dammit.

Mexico: We probably should stop letting gringos in. We think the U.S.A. will try to entice them to declare independence. Hey, who told you you could own slaves? Those are illegal in Mexico!

Gringos: Those aren't slaves! Those are, umm, indentured servants.

Juan Antonio Lopez de Santa Anna: Hey, I think I'll be a complete idiot and try to centralize authoritarian control over far-flung provinces I hardly even control in the first place, like Texas! I'll give them a ready-made excuse to declare independence, playing right into the hands of the U.S.A.!

Gringos: You suck!

Santa Anna: I will crush you!

Gringos: We declare independence!

U.S.A.: Hee hee hee.

Santa Anna: Now I think I will become one of the most incompetent generals in history and lose to a bunch of rag-tag gringo rebels who are hopelessly outgunned!

Gringos: YEE-HAWWWWWW!!!

Comanches and Apaches: Are we chopped liver or something?

Forgot to say.... :lol

And lest it be forgotten, can I just add the following:

Emily Morgan: Well, hello there, soldier.

CubanSucks
03-04-2009, 12:12 AM
Oh, so you want to resort to an "I know you are, but what am I" mentality. I know your kind and I'll leave you alone. You can have the last word. Flame away. :rolleyes
:king
I win

Viva Las Espuelas
03-04-2009, 12:24 AM
My great great grandfather signed the Texas declaration of independence...
what's his name or was he just getting everyone's lunch order?

Nbadan
03-04-2009, 12:57 AM
Don't forget France!