PDA

View Full Version : Do you buy from Schwan's?

JudynTX
03-02-2009, 12:06 PM
:D My in-laws do and we always are given stuff to take home. :lol

I think I'm going to try it, wish me luck.

http://www.schwans.com/home.jsp

Summers
03-02-2009, 12:08 PM
In all seriousness, let me know how you like it.

PM5K
03-02-2009, 12:21 PM
Good but pricey.

SpursStalker
03-02-2009, 12:23 PM
Never heard of them ... let me know how ya do

LOL

JudynTX
03-02-2009, 12:27 PM
Good but pricey.

Yea, I'm noticing that. It looks like bulk stuff. I'm not feeding an Army, just for two. :lol

z0sa
03-02-2009, 02:40 PM
I work as bookkeeper for a small business right here in SA who delivers meat products similar to shwann's, but at a much better price. No ice cream or anything, just steak/chicken/seafood in volume.

If anyone wants a much better deal when buying in volume (ie a case of 60+ steaks/boneless chicken breast portions) pm me, I will email you a brochure. Schwanns absolutely rips you off is the only reason I post this, I get $0 from any sale.

mrsmaalox
03-02-2009, 02:48 PM
I was a dedicated Schwan's buyer back in Georgia a few years ago. I bought a lot of different types of their food and was happy with all of it. A route was just started here in my SA neighborhood so I signed up and have gotten a few things. I have noticed it's gotten pricier. I'm going to try a few more things before I decide to keep them or not; but so far I've gotten the idea that with all of HEB's convenience foods, Schwan's will have to taste much better or be much cheaper to have any success around here.

pkbpkb81
03-02-2009, 02:59 PM
off of 1604 and blouvarde there is a Schwanns driver that parks his truck and sells the stuff at a chepier price, but he is only there every once in a while

Wild Cobra
03-02-2009, 09:00 PM
Schwan's is a great food resource. Here, they have such lean bacon it's ridiculous. I cannot find good bacon anywhere else.

Wild Cobra
03-02-2009, 09:03 PM
off of 1604 and blouvarde there is a Schwanns driver that parks his truck and sells the stuff at a chepier price, but he is only there every once in a while
It's probably product that's about to expire. That's not a normal routine that I've heard of.

balli
03-02-2009, 09:17 PM
I cannot find good bacon anywhere else.
Slice some off your own belly.

Plus you'll be avoiding those Stalinist sales taxes.

Sapphire
03-02-2009, 09:50 PM
It's probably product that's about to expire. That's not a normal routine that I've heard of.

There is one parked on Eckhert Road all the time, too. Near Marshall High School. I think it's a new tactic since sales are probably down. And look at the savings in gas. My neighbor sells the stuff, but it's just too expensive and eating all of the processed food is not good for me. It does taste good, though.

Wild Cobra
03-02-2009, 10:07 PM
There is one parked on Eckhert Road all the time, too. Near Marshall High School. I think it's a new tactic since sales are probably down. And look at the savings in gas. My neighbor sells the stuff, but it's just too expensive and eating all of the processed food is not good for me. It does taste good, though.
I'm not in that area. My response was in regard to selling at a cheaper price. Not that he was parked. Schwan's is already reasonably priced. At least in my area. Everything they have is top quality, and only slightly higher than the poorer quality stuff you buy in the supermarkets.

Frenzy
03-03-2009, 02:14 AM
i see the the trucks rolling deep in my hood