PDA

View Full Version : ESPN mistake!!

jiggy_55
03-02-2009, 01:30 PM
Twice today, ESPN has let out wrong information on the spurs.. In the recap of yesterdays game:

"The Spurs have lost four games by 18 or more points this season, all coming against opponents from cities starting with the letter 'P' (Portland twice, Phoenix, Philadelphia)."

From Marc Stein's Power rankings:

"The kind of trivia you will get only from ESPN Research: All four of the Spurs' heavy losses this season -- by 18 points or more -- have been inflicted by teams that start with the letter P: Portland (2), Phoenix, Philly."

1) The Spurs have only lost 3 times by 18 or more.
2) The Spurs never lost to Phoenix by more than 18. Their only loss was by 5 points the first game of the season.
3) The Spurs have only lost once to Portland by 18 or more, and that was last nights game. The other 2 were: a 1 point loss, and a 15 point win last week.
4) The 3rd team was a Houston loss by 19.
5) That means it's not only the teams that begin with the letter P that have beat us!

Morons!

Man In Black
03-02-2009, 01:32 PM
Forward that to Stein at the 4-letter network and tell them to pay your for the fact-checking. You are now an information consultant.

MarHill
03-02-2009, 01:32 PM
Twice today, ESPN has let out wrong information on the spurs.. In the recap of yesterdays game:

"The Spurs have lost four games by 18 or more points this season, all coming against opponents from cities starting with the letter 'P' (Portland twice, Phoenix, Philadelphia)."

From Marc Stein's Power rankings:

"The kind of trivia you will get only from ESPN Research: All four of the Spurs' heavy losses this season -- by 18 points or more -- have been inflicted by teams that start with the letter P: Portland (2), Phoenix, Philly."

1) The Spurs have only lost 3 times by 18 or more.
2) The Spurs never lost to Phoenix by more than 18. Their only loss was by 5 points the first game of the season.
3) The Spurs have only lost once to Portland by 18 or more, and that was last nights game. The other 2 were: a 1 point loss, and a 15 point win last week.
4) The 3rd team was a Houston loss by 19.
5) That means it's not only the teams that begin with the letter P that have beat us!

Morons!

Yeah I read that just now and I emailed Marc Stein about his crack ESPN research staff!!!

Yikes!

:bang

SenorSpur
03-02-2009, 01:34 PM
Yeah I read that just now and I emailed Marc Stein about his crack ESPN research staff!!!

Yikes!

:bang

Good for you, my brother.

Hope those morons read your email and correct.

urunobili
03-02-2009, 01:34 PM
It happened the other day after the match we won against them at the ATT&T center... someone has something wrong about the game we lost by a point after finley's miss on the season opener...

jiggy_55
03-02-2009, 01:38 PM
I sent two separate comments on the Power Rankings too. I doubt they even read 10% of that stuff!

MarHill
03-02-2009, 01:42 PM
Good for you, my brother.

Hope those morons read your email and correct.

Thanks, Senor Spur!! :toast

You know that will riled up Spurs Nation!!

Get you facts straight, ESPN!!! :lmao

SenorSpur
03-02-2009, 01:53 PM
Thanks, Senor Spur!! :toast

You know that will riled up Spurs Nation!!

Get you facts straight, ESPN!!! :lmao

Let them bitches know that the Spurfan watchdogs are on their asses! :toast

jack sommerset
03-02-2009, 04:48 PM
The Spews front office should sue ESPN.

jiggy_55
03-02-2009, 06:13 PM
Glad to say they changed it, we made a difference haha!

Now changed to:

"Trivia time: Sunday's early (and stunning) 28-point deficit at Portland in Duncan's less-than-glorious return is the largest first-half deficit San Antonio has ever faced in Timmy's 12 seasons."

Now i'm not gonna through 12 seasons of box scores to check that one out :p, but that was a pretty bad loss last night!