PDA

View Full Version : Rush Limbaugh-- The face of the Republican Partyy

George Gervin's Afro
03-02-2009, 02:44 PM
:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin

I pray the GOP makes Limpy thier public face!!

George Gervin's Afro
03-02-2009, 02:53 PM
During his speech he told the backslappers to stop acting like they are in the minority..

:toast Nice.

doobs
03-02-2009, 02:56 PM
You should really be careful what you wish for. The last time he was the "face of the Republican Party," it was because of a groundswell of conservative dissatisfaction with Congress and President Clinton. The 1994 elections ensued.

jack sommerset
03-02-2009, 02:57 PM
Simple politics. Rush is a radio guy that pisses off the Democrats. Thats it.This stupidity will end as fast as it started.

Rush the face of 1 of the 2 the leading partys in the USA. Thats funny.

CubanMustGo
03-02-2009, 03:14 PM
http://edition.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/03/02/gop.steele.limbaugh/

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Republican Party Chairman Michael Steele is taking issue with the notion that Rush Limbaugh is the de facto leader of the GOP, calling the conservative radio talk show host an entertainer whose comments can be ugly.

Steele, chairman of the Republican National Committee, said in an interview with CNN that he, rather than Limbaugh, is "the de facto leader of the Republican Party."

And Steele described Limbaugh as a performer.

"Rush Limbaugh is an entertainer. Rush Limbaugh's whole thing is entertainment," Steele said. "Yes, it is incendiary. Yes, it is ugly."

Last month, Steele, a former lieutenant governor of Maryland, was elected chairman of the RNC. He is the first African-American to lead the Republican Party. At the time of his election, Steele said that "Rush will say what Rush has to say; we'll do what we have to do."

Steele made his latest comments regarding Limbaugh on CNN's "D.L. Hughley Breaks the News," which aired this weekend. The Steele interview was taped before Limbaugh's appearance before the Conservative Political Action Conference, an annual meeting of conservatives from across the nation.

LockBeard
03-02-2009, 05:03 PM
If the reps had a candidate who could speak like Rush, the GOP would curbstomp the dems. The only problem with Rush is he is too big of a polarizing figure that much of the truth he speaks gets buried.

He pretty much called you losers out on your agenda in a way the common stupid American who doesn't educate themselves on politics could understand. Not you actual losers, but the leaders you losers choose to lead you. Because after all, when you trick enough losers into following you giving you the power to steal trillions, you are pretty much a winner.

I'm also glad Obama is the face of the government-save-us-all dems. Once he fails, no one will ever trust big government again, no matter how well they speak.

sook
03-02-2009, 05:04 PM
http://punditkitchen.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/bornignoranta128490735600312500.jpg

LockBeard
03-02-2009, 05:08 PM
During his speech he told the backslappers to stop acting like they are in the minority..

:toast Nice.

I caught that during the speech also.

He did not have a teleprompter like your homeboy. Rush would wipe the floor with Obama in a teleprompterless debate annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd you know it :rollin

ChumpDumper
03-02-2009, 06:30 PM
:lol Rush

balli
03-02-2009, 07:23 PM
"My intent was not to go after Rush - I have enormous respect for Rush Limbaugh," Steele said. "I was maybe a little bit inarticulate. ... There was no attempt on my part to diminish his voice or his leadership."

:lol

And for the record, (not that Obama would ever lower himself to Rush's sub-human level) but hypothetically, if they were to debate, Obama would gut Rush's hateful ass like he were a fucking trout. Beyond easily.

jack sommerset
03-02-2009, 07:28 PM

And for the record, (not that Obama would ever lower himself to Rush's sub-human level) but hypothetically, if they were to debate, Obama would gut Rush's hateful ass like he were a fucking trout. Beyond easily.

Obama asked a terrorist for money. He would lower himself.

Nbadan
03-02-2009, 07:40 PM
Obama asked a terrorist for money. He would lower himself.

Pffff...McCain took money from a known terrorists too, so what?

jack sommerset
03-02-2009, 07:45 PM
Pffff...McCain took money from a known terrorists too, so what?

I'm pointing out Obama would lower himself, thats what.

balli
03-02-2009, 07:47 PM
Bill Ayers is ten millions times less destructive to America than Rush has been. Give me a fucking break with that terrorist shit.

Nbadan
03-02-2009, 07:51 PM
No doubt....how would Limbaugh's call to see Obama fail have flown just a couple years ago? Traitor....Limbaugh is leading the Republican party, already on life-support, down the path that will make the Jewish exodus from Egypt seem like spring break!

ChumpDumper
03-02-2009, 08:16 PM
Rush hates America.

jack sommerset
03-02-2009, 08:22 PM
Bill Ayers is ten millions times less destructive to America than Rush has been. Give me a fucking break with that terrorist shit.

Now thats funny. A radio commentary is 10 MILLION times destructive. Ayers,a man who set bombs off in the USA is less destructive. Umm thats a terrorist. How bout you give me a break. Quit talking out ur ass!

PixelPusher
03-02-2009, 08:25 PM
:corn:
Is it possible to OD on schadenfreude?

Steele to Rush: I'm sorry (http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0309/19517.html)
By MIKE ALLEN | 3/2/09 5:58 PM EST

Republican National Committee Chairman Michael Steele says he has reached out to Rush Limbaugh to tell him he meant no offense when he referred to the popular conservative radio host as an “entertainer” whose show can be “incendiary.”

“My intent was not to go after Rush – I have enormous respect for Rush Limbaugh,” Steele said in a telephone interview. “I was maybe a little bit inarticulate. … There was no attempt on my part to diminish his voice or his leadership.”

The dust-up comes at a time when top Democrats are trying to make Limbaugh the face of the Republican Party, in part by using ads funded by labor. Americans United for Change sent a fund-raising e-mail Monday that begins: “The Republican Party has turned into the Rush Limbaugh Party.”

Steele told CNN host D.L. Hughley in an interview aired Saturday night: “Rush Limbaugh is an entertainer. Rush Limbaugh — his whole thing is entertainment. He has this incendiary — yes, it's ugly.”

Steele, who won a hard-fought chairman's race on Jan. 30, told Politico he telephoned Limbaugh after his show on Monday afternoon and hoped that they would connect soon.

“I went back at that tape and I realized words that I said weren’t what I was thinking,” Steele said. "It was one of those things where I thinking I was saying one thing, and it came out differently. What I was trying to say was a lot of people … want to make Rush the scapegoat, the bogeyman, and he’s not."

“I’m not going to engage these guys and sit back and provide them the popcorn for a fight between me and Rush Limbaugh,” Steele added. “No such thing is going to happen. … I wasn’t trying to slam him or anything.”

On Monday’s show, Limbaugh reacted both to the comment and to the assertion on CBS’s “Face the Nation” by White House Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel that the radio host is “the voice and the intellectual force and energy behind the Republican Party.”

Limbaugh said: “I'm not in charge of the Republican Party, and I don't want to be. I would be embarrassed to say that I'm in charge of the Republican Party in the sad-sack state that it's in. If I were chairman of the Republican Party, given the state that it's in, I would quit. I might get out the hari-kari knife because I would have presided over a failure that is embarrassing to the Republicans and conservatives who have supported it and invested in it all these years.”

On the RushLimbaugh.com home page, the transcript is labeled: “A Few Words for Michael Steele.”

On Monday night, DNC Chairman Tim Kaine called on Republicans to "stop following divisive figures" like Limbaugh.

"I was briefly encouraged by the courageous comments made my counterpart in the Republican Party over the weekend challenging Rush Limbaugh as the leader of the Republican Party and referring to his show as ‘incendiary’ and ‘ugly,’" Kaine said in a statement. "However, Chairman Steele’s reversal this evening and his apology to Limbaugh proves the unfortunate point that Limbaugh is the leading force behind the Republican Party, its politics and its obstruction of President Obama’s agenda in Washington."

In the interview with Politico, Steele called Limbaugh “a very valuable conservative voice for our party.”

“He brings a very important message to the American people to wake up and pay attention to what the administration is doing," Steele said. "Number two, there are those out there who want to look at what he’s saying as incendiary and divisive and ugly. That’s what I was trying to say. It didn’t come out that way. … He does what he does best, which is provoke: He provokes thought, he provokes the left. And they’re clearly the ones who are most excited about him.”

Asked if he planned to apologize, Steele said: “I wasn’t trying to offend anybody. So, yeah, if he’s offended, I’d say: Look, I’m not in the business of hurting people’s feelings here. … My job is to try to bring us all together.”

sook
03-02-2009, 08:28 PM
Rush being the face is all we have to pray for, if that will be the case, god willing, the republican party will become a minority and Libertarian or some other minority party will take reigns

ChumpDumper
03-02-2009, 08:30 PM
That's hilarious. And to think Republicans were afraid of Obama's having thought police -- turns out it's Rush.

Ignignokt
03-02-2009, 08:42 PM
:lol Chump.

chumps korean ancestry is incompatible with america.

Chumpdumper hates the emancipation proclamation.

see, that was easy.

ClingingMars
03-02-2009, 08:53 PM
You should really be careful what you wish for. The last time he was the "face of the Republican Party," it was because of a groundswell of conservative dissatisfaction with Congress and President Clinton. The 1994 elections ensued.

THIS

i can't wait to bump this thread when history repeats itself :rollin

ClingingMars
03-02-2009, 08:54 PM
http://punditkitchen.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/bornignoranta128490735600312500.jpg

not a cat. ruining that site. :bang

ChumpDumper
03-02-2009, 10:41 PM
:lol Chump.

chumps korean ancestry is incompatible with america.

Chumpdumper hates the emancipation proclamation.

see, that was easy.:lol gtown.

I'm not Korean.

I approve of the Emancipation Proclamation.

Rush misquoted the Declaration of Independence and thought he was quoting the Constitution.

You can't start a thread with your other screen name because you're such a douche.

See, that was easy.

Re-Animator
03-02-2009, 11:57 PM
Why would anyone listen to someone on drugs?

baseline bum
03-03-2009, 12:10 AM

I'd be more inclined to listen to him if he'd take a bong hit and maybe lose some of his butthurt anger. I love how he hates America now that we've all given him and his party the middle finger.

ChumpDumper
03-03-2009, 03:27 AM
As long as Rush is whining about what other Republicans say about him, Obama has free reign.

smeagol
03-03-2009, 07:46 AM

We are constantly reading your numerous posts, most of which were written by you under the influence . . . :lol

And you don't see us bitching about it, do you?

101A
03-03-2009, 10:46 AM
I listen to Rush infrequently; and have for 20 years; "Anger" is not something I would attribute to him.

"Blowhard" "Pompous" "Self-
Righteous" and he is certainly far less intellectual than he thinks he is; his is a knee-jerk conservatism delivered from the hip (as evidenced by his speech on Sat.)

He is VERY good at what he does; filling time in great swaths without a hiccup, and without notes - I've got a Radio producer neighbor who is just awed by that "gift". But again, "angry" is not what I hear when I listen to him; I hear "anger" far more from the left; in speeches at awards shows, etc....

Again, not a huge fan of Rush, but if someone could post quotes of his rampant anger (not isolated cases, please), it might be constructive.

doobs
03-03-2009, 11:01 AM
Obama really needs to stop engaging Rush. It looks petty. Weak. Un-presidential.

If Rush is so pathetic and low, why does the White House even acknowledge his existence?

Winehole23
03-03-2009, 11:23 AM
Obama really needs to stop engaging Rush. It looks petty. Weak. Un-presidential.Was the behavior repeated, or do you count attacks by subordinates?

doobs
03-03-2009, 11:29 AM
Was the behavior repeated, or do you count attacks by subordinates?

I suppose I'm including Gibbs and Emanuel, because they speak for the president.

For his part, Obama has slammed Rush multiple times, in two languages.

Winehole23
03-03-2009, 11:35 AM
.For his part, Obama has slammed Rush multiple times, in two languages.Do you have an exact count?

Winehole23
03-03-2009, 11:37 AM
I hadn't been tracking it. Sounds like you were, doobs. Don't hold out on us, dude.

doobs
03-03-2009, 11:45 AM
I hadn't been tracking it. Sounds like you were, doobs. Don't hold out on us, dude.

No exact count.

I recall Candidate Obama running some Spanish ad slamming Rush. I guess that's fair enough, because it was during a political campaign. But then President Obama told Republicans that they needed to stop listening to Rush. It seems Obama has a thing for Rush.

Then Gibbs and Emanuel--speaking in their official capacities as press secretary and chief of staff--talked trash about Rush.

This all seems calculated. They probably decided to try to make Rush the face of the GOP after reading some statistics that showed a majority of the country dislikes Rush.

They are trying to elevate Rush to make the GOP look pathetic. The problem, however, is that they risk demeaning themselves in the process. They also risk giving Rush a ton of free publicity, and the opportunity to convert those who dislike him maybe a little less than they dislike Obama's policies.

Winehole23
03-03-2009, 11:57 AM
But then President Obama told Republicans that they needed to stop listening to Rush. It seems Obama has a thing for RushIf momentarily, yes. The real count is really just once during Obama's presidency, isn't it doobs? One time.

At any rate the hounds have already been released, so Rush will have a million new puny harrassers parsing him word for word.

The master does not descend into the melee, but watches from a distance.

doobs
03-03-2009, 12:02 PM
If momentarily, yes. The real count is really just once during Obama's presidency, isn't it doobs? One time.

At any rate the hounds have already been released, so Rush will have a million new puny harrassers parsing him word for word.

The master does not descend into the melee, but watches from a distance.

I said "White House," by the way. Gibbs and Emanuel count.

Winehole23
03-03-2009, 12:11 PM
I said "White House," by the way. You started by saying this:

Obama really needs to stop engaging Rush. It looks petty. Weak. Un-presidential.

Winehole23
03-03-2009, 12:12 PM
I said "White House," by the way. Gibbs and Emanuel count.The only appearance of the words "White House" in this thread.

Are you coffeed up, doobs? :lol

Incorrect. WH23 is not coffeed up. doobs did say WH in his first post, but semi retracts his elaboration of this theme. doobs scores the horseshoes differently.

Winehole23
03-03-2009, 12:58 PM
So then, to be completely clear, by "multiple times" doobs means exactly twice, once as a candidate, and once as the President.

IMO the opinion that Obama has condescended to the level of a Rush by addressing him directly has legs even it was only posed satirically, but if the conduct isn't repeated, it won't go very far.

doobs counts the mischief of subordinates on Obama's tally. Fair enough. We'll see how much worse it can get.

NFGIII
03-03-2009, 01:55 PM
I listen to Rush infrequently; and have for 20 years; "Anger" is not something I would attribute to him.

"Blowhard" "Pompous" "Self-
Righteous" and he is certainly far less intellectual than he thinks he is; his is a knee-jerk conservatism delivered from the hip (as evidenced by his speech on Sat.)

He is VERY good at what he does; filling time in great swaths without a hiccup, and without notes - I've got a Radio producer neighbor who is just awed by that "gift". But again, "angry" is not what I hear when I listen to him; I hear "anger" far more from the left; in speeches at awards shows, etc....

Again, not a huge fan of Rush, but if someone could post quotes of his rampant anger (not isolated cases, please), it might be constructive.

good post. I concur with that assessment. He comes on as a know-it-all with little room for open debate unless you totally agree with him. Then it becomes a lovefest.

Back in the 90's - during the Gulf War I - I first got aquainted with Rush and liked what he said. He is a conservative and passionate about what he believes. But I also realiized that all talk show hosts, left, middle or right, are entertainers first because it is a business and advertising $$ are what count. Have a good sthick and build an audience. His sthick is politics.

I begin to drift away when he started his campaign of personal assasination against his detractors. He had for years complained about the Clinton class warfare tactics and how the Demos went after their enemies on a personal level. He always used to say he would shine the light of truth on them and debate the issues. Then he starts to use the same tactics himself. I found that hypocritical at best and he lost a lot of validity with me. Then add in the fact that he gets caught abusing perscription drugs after years of demoguging against those who did. Wow, wonder how he felt to finally walk in their shoes?

Humble pie would probably never make it on his menu.

And if he becomes the face/voice of the RP then that might be something the the Demos might welcome. He has a polarizing effect on people and for the most part you either like him or dislike him. If the RP wants to retake the white house then they need to build a concensus and constuct an agenda that wouuld attract more people and allow them to participate in the shaping of this country.

Winehole23
03-03-2009, 02:11 PM
http://cdn.newsone.blackplanet.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/rush_limbaugh-300x356.jpg

Winehole23
03-03-2009, 02:19 PM
http://sporkinthedrawer.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/2007/09/28/youngrush.jpg

George Gervin's Afro
03-03-2009, 03:08 PM
I don't see any issue with Hush becoming the face of the GOP..

Earth
03-03-2009, 04:13 PM
We are constantly reading your numerous posts, most of which were written by you under the influence . . . :lol

And you don't see us bitching about it, do you?

reading a post and listing to someone on the radio are two different things.

ChumpDumper
03-03-2009, 04:21 PM
Don't you call into radio shows a lot?

Ignignokt
03-03-2009, 04:25 PM
:lol gtown.

I'm not Korean.

I approve of the Emancipation Proclamation.

Rush misquoted the Declaration of Independence and thought he was quoting the Constitution.

You can't start a thread with your other screen name because you're such a douche.

See, that was easy.

You're not korean...okya

you don't approve of the emancipation proclamation, stop you're lying racist!

Rush somehow has drunk your milkshake, quit the obsession.

I can't start a thread, there. I hope it can make you feel better about you're racist viewpoints.

See, didn't break a sweat.:sleep

ChumpDumper
03-03-2009, 04:29 PM
You're not korean...okyaSure.

you don't approve of the emancipation proclamation, stop you're lying racistI do approve.

Rush somehow has drunk your milkshake, quit the obsession.:lol Rush looks like he drinks a lot of milkshakes. His mistake with the Declaration of Independence was just too hilarious to pass up. You, on the other hand, are obsessed with me.

I can't start a thread, there. I hope it can make you feel better about you're racist viewpoints.My viewpoints aren't racist and your inability to start threads coupled with your kissing ass to get that ability back is quite funny.

See, didn't break a sweat.:sleepYou still can't start a thread with that screen name. :lol

doobs
03-03-2009, 04:30 PM
So then, to be completely clear, by "multiple times" doobs means exactly twice, once as a candidate, and once as the President.

IMO the opinion that Obama has condescended to the level of a Rush by addressing him directly has legs even it was only posed satirically, but if the conduct isn't repeated, it won't go very far.

doobs counts the mischief of subordinates on Obama's tally. Fair enough. We'll see how much worse it can get.

Twice, that I know of. But I'm not keeping track. (I'm not exactly a dittohead.)

You have to take what Gibbs and Emanuel say seriously. You have to. They represent Obama, and Obama implicitly signs off on what they say. Perhaps he's since scolded them for bringing up the fat man. I don't know. I guess you're right. We'll see.

Maybe there's a simpler explanation than the administration wanting to make Rush the face of the GOP. (Though Obama is prone to straw-man arguments when confronting Republican opposition, but I digress . . . ) Perhaps this administration just has an extraordinarily thin skin. Gibbs went after Rick Santelli, remember? Now they're supposedly going after Jim Cramer.

Winehole23
03-03-2009, 04:36 PM
Gibbs went after Rick Santelli, remember? Now they're supposedly going after Jim Cramer.Gibbs for sure has a combative streak, but maybe that's why they picked him. To mount an active defense of policies and identify opponents early.

Ignignokt
03-03-2009, 04:36 PM
Sure.

I do approve.

Put down the white sheets and burning cross.

:lol Rush looks like he drinks a lot of milkshakes. His mistake with the Declaration of Independence was just too hilarious to pass up.

and smokes alot of cigars. He doesn't want to bring back slavery like chump.

My viewpoints aren't racist and your inability to start threads coupled with your kissing ass to get that ability back is quite funny.

I thought it was funny too, to bad you want to chain a whole race up to do your work.

You still can't start a thread with that screen name. :lol

You still can't stop burning flags and crosses. Racist!

ChumpDumper
03-03-2009, 04:41 PM
It's clear I drank your milkshake long ago, now all you can do is post about me.

:toast

sook
03-03-2009, 06:04 PM

Ignignokt
03-03-2009, 08:55 PM
It's clear I drank your milkshake long ago, now all you can do is post about me.

:toast

homosexual forum.

ChumpDumper
03-03-2009, 08:57 PM
I have no problem with your lifestyle -- I'm just not that into you.

Nbadan
03-03-2009, 09:02 PM
In true GOP fashion - you fags don't forget to send your apology to Rush (http://www.dccc.org/content/sorry)

Ignignokt
03-03-2009, 09:22 PM
I have no problem with your lifestyle -- I'm just not that into you.

Having trouble understanding your post since you're the one claiming of drinking my bodily fluids, i'm sorry i pointed out your ulterior motive in this thread.

Now don't get mad and resort to 4th grade "i'm rubber you're glue whatever you say goes back and sticks to you", you're full blown gay, and you seem to love responding back to me. It's like you wont stop responding back to my insults, you like the pain little queen.Lmao!

You've been exposed, fag.:lol

ChumpDumper
03-03-2009, 09:23 PM
Keep posting about me.

I'm my favorite subject too. :lol

Ignignokt
03-03-2009, 09:27 PM
:sleep

Having trouble understanding your post since you're the one claiming of drinking my bodily fluids, i'm sorry i pointed out your ulterior motive in this thread.

Now don't get mad and resort to 4th grade "i'm rubber you're glue whatever you say goes back and sticks to you", you're full blown gay, and you seem to love responding back to me. It's like you wont stop responding back to my insults, you like the pain little queen.Lmao!

You've been exposed, fag.:lol

and then right away.

Keep posting about me.

I'm my favorite subject too. :lol

this is too easy.

ChumpDumper
03-03-2009, 09:28 PM
It is too easy. You'll keep posting about me because you can't stop.

Here comes another one!

Ignignokt
03-03-2009, 09:36 PM
It is too easy. You'll keep posting about me because you can't stop.

Here comes another one!

I'm not surprised you would post something like this. it's exactly how i said you'd post.

:sleep

I shouldn't post anymore, it's probably going to give you more to fap to.

big queer.:lol

ChumpDumper
03-03-2009, 09:54 PM
If you don't want to seem obsessed with me, you probably shouldn't post anymore.

But you'll never stop -- because you are obsessed with me. :lol

Winehole23
03-03-2009, 09:55 PM
Vulgar! It already sent my imagination a postcard. :smchode:

Unnecessary, Ignignokt!