PDA

View Full Version : Wade and James

Flo-Rida
03-02-2009, 07:14 PM
Three respected former NBA coaches -- Jack Ramsay, Mike Fratello and Jeff Van Gundy -- recently offered their thoughts about how they would choose between Wade and James if they still were on the sidelines.

Each was presented with a variety of coaching scenarios and then asked to make a Wade-or-James choice.

Scenario: Your team is down two, inbounding from midcourt, with five seconds to play. Which player would be your preference to get the ball, Wade or James?

Quote:
Ramsay: Wade. "He creates better than LeBron. I would rate LeBron as stronger, but not as inventive as Dwyane."

Fratello: Wade. "He is more likely to be able to thread and weave his way through the defenses, and his ability to finish or find an open teammate."

Van Gundy: Wade. "He has a better pull-up game, and that is what you're going to get at that point."

Scenario: Your team is down three, inbounding from midcourt, with five seconds to play. Which player would be your preference to get the ball, Wade or James?

Quote:
Ramsay: Wade. "He doesn't have more range. LeBron can shoot it from halfcourt, but Dwyane's mechanics are better."

Fratello: James. "His percentage is higher and his size makes it easier for him to get the shot off."

Van Gundy: James. "Because of more size to get one off."

Scenario: You could have Wade or James at the line with no time left and your team down two. Which would be your choice?

Quote:
Ramsay: Wade. "No question. From my observations, I think he makes a higher percentage of clutch, end-of-the-game shots."

Fratello: Wade. "I've seen Dwyane make more in those situations than I have LeBron."

Van Gundy: Even. "I feel the same on both of them."

Scenario: Your team is down two, with no timeouts left, having to go the length of the court with 10 seconds to play after the opposition makes a free throw. Which player would be your preference to get the ball, Wade or James?

Quote:
Ramsay: James. "LeBron is a runaway locomotive. With his size, nobody can stop him."

Fratello: Wade. "Dwyane, with the ball in his hands, can cover more ground more quickly than LeBron."

Van Gundy: Wade. "He's a better pull-up shooter."

Scenario: Your team needs a steal, blocked shot, or a defensive stop with other team in possession in the final seconds. Which player would you prefer to have on the court, James or Wade?

Quote:
Ramsay: Even. "Off the ball, I would take LeBron, as a great shot-blocker who has more elevation. Defending the ball, I think Wade is better."

Fratello: James. "He anticipates passing lanes so well, his size, his shot-blocking ability. He's chased down so many shots this year."

Van Gundy: Even. "I would have a high confidence in both right there. I think James is more consistent defensively. I think Wade has as good a one-possession ability defensively as anybody."

Scenario: Your team is down 14 with six minutes to go. You try to get one last rally from your players. Which player would you choose to insert, Wade or James?

Quote:
Ramsay: Equal. "They're both great. Either of them can do that and has done that."

Fratello: James. "Because it evens it out at 3-3 (laughter). He has Reggie Miller-type runs, like the 16 points he scored in the first three minutes of the third quarter against Milwaukee."

Van Gundy: James. "Right now, I think his ability to get to the rim and his ability to create for his teammates. Of course, he's playing with better teammates right now."

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/b...8.story?page=2

With the same scenarios posed to you, choose between Wade-or-James?

lefty
03-02-2009, 08:52 PM
Wade and Lebron >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Koballhog

BeeGee
03-03-2009, 12:14 AM
:sleep Why are Spurs fans obsessed with Kobe? :sleep

Anyways, Wade is the MVP, man. Dude was close to a quad-double tonight - 7 steals. He's been amazing this year.