PDA

View Full Version : Mavs suck major dustbowl a$$

Darthkiller
03-02-2009, 09:39 PM
that is all i can say. i hope the thunder doesnt choke though.

Ghazi
03-02-2009, 09:41 PM
Frustrating game to watch.

I thought this was gonna be a L but now Green/Durant aren't playing and we're STILL down 19!?

Simply put... jumpers aren't falling, Thunder are getting open looks all day and hitting them.

Pelicans78
03-02-2009, 09:42 PM
Still early. Mavs have firepower to come back. Plus Thunder blew a double-digit lead at Dallas two nights ago.

Darthkiller
down 20+ to the thunder team without Jeff Green or Kevin Durant

dirk4mvp
On the bright side, at least we aren't the Pistons :toast

Darthkiller
03-02-2009, 09:44 PM
On the bright side, at least we aren't the Pistons :toast

you arent, you didn't beat boston or orlando on the road.

Shank
03-02-2009, 09:45 PM
Ahahahaha...fucking losers. Enough of the fairy tale bullshit. Take the lottery pick, assholes. This team is shit.

Lars
lol @ mavs

dirk4mvp
Our beloved faux Mexican will lead the Mavs to a resurgent victory.

Shank

They beat Orlando in Orlando.

dirk4mvp
03-02-2009, 09:46 PM

Do you want me to shit my pants? Cancer will be back soon enough for the pistons.

ManuTP9
03-02-2009, 09:46 PM
:wow

tomtom
03-02-2009, 09:47 PM
man this is crazy, no durant no green and they're winning by 21!

SpursDynasty
03-02-2009, 09:49 PM
I'm surprised Dallas didn't make a move before the trade deadline...this isn't 2005-2007 and this team's time to achieve greatness with Dirk, Howard, and Terry has passed. Imagine what they could have gotten by moving any or all of those three.

Oh well.

Ghazi
03-02-2009, 09:49 PM
Dirk's defense has been atrocious this game and he's been too quiet on offense.

J-Ho left game w/ sore ankle.

Terry having a good game.

MWILL
03-02-2009, 09:53 PM
What happened to Green?

Ghazi
03-02-2009, 09:56 PM
I really don't think it's disinterest that's caused the Mavs to get blown out multiple times this year.

I really think it's just bad execution.

When you don't get points in paint, or at the line, and your primary source of offense (jump shots) isn't falling, and when you're an average defensive team anyway, gaps will widen rather quickly. The ball and body movement of the Thunder is indeed much superior tonight, even with their two young stars injured.

Anywho, this game isn't over "yet" :-P, but it'll take a big time Thunder collapse.

sook
03-02-2009, 09:57 PM
Green and Durant are the only players worth mentioning on that team, the rest are D-Leaguers

Ghazi
03-02-2009, 10:03 PM
Wow, can we do it agian?

14-2 to start 2nd. 81-73 under 8 lfet.

TheProfessor
03-02-2009, 10:03 PM
Green and Durant are the only players worth mentioning on that team, the rest are D-Leaguers
Westbrook?

Brazil
03-02-2009, 10:05 PM
OKC in choking mode

Pelicans78
03-02-2009, 10:07 PM
Westbrook is not a PG. He should be moved to SG while the Thunder acquire a real PG.

Brazil
03-02-2009, 10:08 PM
16-2 in the 4th for the mavs

Pelicans78
03-02-2009, 10:08 PM
Not only are Durant and Green out, but for some reason Chandler isn't playing either.

Ghazi
03-02-2009, 10:12 PM
Ugh some dagger 3's by Weaver.

Who the FUCK is Weaver anyway?

mavs>spurs2
03-02-2009, 10:17 PM
lololololololololol fml fml fml fml fml

TheProfessor
03-02-2009, 10:17 PM
Ugh some dagger 3's by Weaver.

Who the FUCK is Weaver anyway?
He was an interesting prospect last year, I was hoping the Spurs would give him a look in the second round. Had the tools to be a great defender...

Brazil
03-02-2009, 10:20 PM
game over

Brazil
03-02-2009, 10:21 PM
wow kidd with more rebounds than Dirk

Ghazi
03-02-2009, 10:22 PM
Yup. Pretty horrible loss for the Mavs, especially since our boys are fighting for seeding position... fighting to make the PLAYOFFS for that matter.

Showed some decent stuff in the 4th. Especially Dirk who took over, but alas the deficit was too large.

*sigh*, gotta bounce back against the Spurs I guess.

lurker
I'm at the point where it doesn't hurt anymore when they lose games like this. Mavs have made me numb to their suckiness. Congrats.

ElNono
Player Min FG 3Pt FT +/- Off Reb Ast TO Stl BS BA PF Pts
D. George 12:06 0-2 0-0 0-0 -16 1 2 0 1 0 0 0 1 0

:lmao

tomtom
kristic... damn what a stud haha

monosylab1k
03-02-2009, 10:23 PM
I hope the Mavs miss the playoffs because they're the only team among the top 9 in the West who wouldn't be competitive in the 1st round. Every other WC matchup will easily go 6 games, but anybody vs. The Mavs is a sweep or 5 games at the most.

Shank
03-02-2009, 10:24 PM
I'm a better NBA player than Devean George.

Westbrook is a badass.

BlackSwordsMan
03-02-2009, 10:24 PM
suns vs lakers if mavs don't make the playoffs
DO IT CUBAN

tomtom
03-02-2009, 10:25 PM

yeah westbrook the d leaguer that gets triple doubles :lol

ElNono
Yup. Pretty horrible loss for the Mavs, especially since our boys are fighting for seeding position... fighting to make the PLAYOFFS for that matter.

Showed some decent stuff in the 4th. Especially Dirk who took over, but alas the deficit was too large.

He was number two in suckitude after Dick Breath with -14...

monosylab1k
suns vs lakers if mavs don't make the playoffs
DO IT CUBAN

Seriously, the Suns in the playoffs is far better for the NBA than the Mavs. Considering the economic climate the world is in, we need a Mavs-less playoffs.

lurker
03-02-2009, 10:28 PM
Yeah, if it comes down to Dallas and Phoenix fighting over the 8th seed, I'd rather it go to Phoenix.

Roxsfan
03-02-2009, 10:29 PM
mavericks suck

Ghazi
He was number two in suckitude after Dick Breath with -14...

Did you watch the 4th?

ElNono
Did you watch the 4th?

Not really, but it's a 48 minute game...

Ghazi
03-02-2009, 10:30 PM
Yeah, if it comes down to Dallas and Phoenix fighting over the 8th seed, I'd rather it go to Phoenix.

it makes no sense to say this if you're a Mavs fan. No sense.

It would mean from here on out, you'd cheer for the Mavs to LOSE and the Suns to WIN for that wish to come true. That would essentially make you a Suns fan.

Jeeez.... I know the beloved season is lost, but watching the Mavs lose in the playoffs > not watching the beloved Mavs in the playoffs.

Brickhouse
03-02-2009, 10:33 PM
Mavs barely beat the mighty Thunder the other two games, Dirk needed to score 40+, but he decided to take the first 3 quarters off.

And then somehow Gerald fuckin Green decided to give himself the greenlight to jack up 3s.

The Mavs are a gutless, pitiful team. Congrats Cuban and Donnie, the bar is set so high now that making the playoffs would probably be an achievement for them.

Pelicans78
03-02-2009, 10:34 PM

It would mean from here on out, you'd cheer for the Mavs to LOSE and the Suns to WIN for that wish to come true. That would essentially make you a Suns fan.

Jeeez.... I know the beloved season is lost, but watching the Mavs lose in the playoffs > not watching the beloved Mavs in the playoffs.

Agreed. Anything is possible once the playoff starts.

Ghazi
03-02-2009, 10:36 PM
No, anything is not possible :)

This isn't football where a team can get hot in the playoffs. You're either a contender or you're not, and the Mavs aren't.

But I'd still prefer them in the playoffs than not...

Thompson
03-02-2009, 10:39 PM
Are the Mavs trying to tank since they need help and won't get next year's pick (and have no shot this year anyway)? I know they suck, but do they really suck bad enough to lose to one of the worst teams in the league... when that team is missing it's two best players? Dang.

Brickhouse
why? For a quick 4 game sweep. The Suns even without Amare would put up more fight. They have the Big Shaqtus!

We have Dirk and..and..

lurker

Not making the playoffs will cause the "Josh Howard is an All-Star, Jason Kidd is the second best player in the league" bubble Mark Cuban is living in to burst. That combined with the better chance of seeing the Lakers get beaten or have their confidence damaged for their next opponent makes the Mavs missing the playoffs not such a horrible thought.

Shank

At least the Suns aren't trying to be something they're not. AND they can beat the Lakers.

Pelicans78
03-02-2009, 10:41 PM
No, anything is not possible :)

This isn't football where a team can get hot in the playoffs. You're either a contender or you're not, and the Mavs aren't.

But I'd still prefer them in the playoffs than not...

You never know. Dallas has good enough firepower to win some games. I just think they're going through a mental block. They seem to accept their current status instead of going after what they achieved in the past. Howard, Dirk, Terry, and Kidd are capable of big things. But they don't seem to believe it.

Ghazi
03-02-2009, 10:41 PM
Not making the playoffs will cause the "Josh Howard is an All-Star, Jason Kidd is the second best player in the league" bubble Mark Cuban is living in to burst. That combined with the better chance of seeing the Lakers get beaten or have their confidence damaged for their next opponent makes the Mavs missing the playoffs not such a horrible thought.

Oh please. If Mavs limp into playoffs as 7th/8th seed and lose swiftly I'm pretty sure it would wake the FO up.

That is, if the FO wants to win . Maybe they just want to cut costs at this point, which would suck.

Brickhouse
03-02-2009, 10:42 PM
You never know. Dallas has good enough firepower to win some games. I just think they're going through a mental block. They seem to accept their current status instead of going after what they achieved in the past. Howard, Dirk, Terry, and Kidd are capable of big things. But they don't seem to believe it.

Ok Donnie. We believe you.

ElNono
03-02-2009, 10:42 PM
Oh please. If Mavs limp into playoffs as 7th/8th seed and lose swiftly I'm pretty sure it would wake the FO up.

That is, if the FO wants to win . Maybe they just want to cut costs at this point, which would suck.

Didn't we hear that the last 2 years?

Ghazi
03-02-2009, 10:44 PM
Mavs weren't a 7th seed 2 years ago.

The passivity last season perhaps was due to cutting costs.

I'm just saying, if this FO's eyes wouldn't open with a 1 and done 7th/8th seed playoff performance, then it probably would be the same if the team finished 9th.

lurker
03-02-2009, 10:44 PM

Losing in 5 games in the first round last season didn't do anything. Does it have to be a full sweep for it to count?

Brickhouse
03-02-2009, 10:46 PM
Losing in 5 games in the first round last season didn't do anything. Does it have to be a full sweep for it to count?

Ghazi will reply about how it was a "fluke" series for the Hornets.

Shank
03-02-2009, 10:47 PM
Nothing matters so long as Donnie is part of the judgment and acquisition of talent.

They can get into the lottery, get the #1 pick and he'd still manage a way to fuck it up.

Brickhouse
But HEY at least 2010 isn't far away... I hear Donnie and Mark have some big moves under their sleeves

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

BUMP
Didn't we hear that the last 2 years?

um yeah the year we won 67 games?:shootme

and call me crazy but im actually siding with our beloved Ghazi.

tanking wont get us anything special we've won too many games. and why would you root for another team to make the playoffs over you especially if it makes you only the 9th seed. good grief. id rather watch the Mavs in the playoffs than fail to even make it. isnt that why we are fans?

sribb43
03-02-2009, 10:49 PM
This team is done....who wants an 8th seed only to get swept in the 1st round....i you think we can pull a Golden State then you are a fuckin' idiot. We wont even make the playoffs, did you see our upcoming schedule. I predict the Mavs will go 3-11 in the next 14 games to close out March. They will be 39-35 heading into April. That equals lottery bound

SAS - Loss
@NO - B2B - Blowout Loss
WAS - Win
@PHX - Blowout Loss
@POR - B2B - Blowout Loss
@GS - Blowout Loss
@LAL - Blowout Loss
DET - Loss
@ATL - Loss
@IND - B2B - Loss
GS - Win
DEN - Loss
@CLE - Loss
@MIN - Win

Brickhouse
03-02-2009, 10:49 PM
yeah that 67 win season really got the Mavs somewhere. Heard that excuse from the FO that offseason too.

"But we won 67 games!! In the regular season!! We dominated...in the regular season!!"

GuerillaBlack
03-02-2009, 10:50 PM

This really is a far cry of the Mavs that I remember from the 2006 playoffs and 06-07 season. Mavs were pretty much tops in the NBA. This was actually when I started watching the NBA on a more consistent basis. Shit happens.

monosylab1k
03-02-2009, 10:51 PM
and why would you root for another team to make the playoffs over you especially if it makes you only the 9th seed.

1. Better draft position is better draft position.
2. If you truly hate the Lakers and the bullshit collusion that put them where they are now, then you want them to have the most difficult fight in every playoff series. Right now, the Suns as the 8 seed probably takes the Lakers 6 games, maybe 7. A Mavs/Lakers series is probably the easiest sweep in the history of playoff basketball. Even the 2006 Grizzlies would put up a better fight than these Mavs.

Pelicans78
03-02-2009, 10:51 PM
This really is a far cry of the Mavs that I remember from the 2006 playoffs and 06-07 season. Mavs were pretty much tops in the NBA. This was actually when I started watching the NBA on a more consistent basis. Shit happens.

They seemed to have more depth back then. Especially Stackhouse, Diop, etc.

Ghazi
03-02-2009, 10:52 PM
This team is done....who wants an 8th seed only to get swept in the 1st round....i you think we can pull a Golden State then you are a fuckin' idiot. We wont even make the playoffs, did you see our upcoming schedule. I predict the Mavs will go 3-11 in the next 14 games to close out March. They will be 39-35 heading into April. That equals lottery bound

SAS - Loss
@NO - B2B - Blowout Loss
WAS - Win
@PHX - Blowout Loss
@GS - Blowout Loss
@LAL - Blowout Loss
DET - Loss
@ATL - Loss
@IND - B2B - Loss
GS - Win
DEN - Loss
@CLE - Loss
@MIN - Win

That's just dumb.

GuerillaBlack
03-02-2009, 10:53 PM
They seemed to have more depth back then. Especially Stackhouse, Diop, etc.

Don't they pretty much have the same players? Aside from the PG spot, nothing too much has drastically changed. I think it's mostly mental. I enjoy it though.

Ghazi
03-02-2009, 10:54 PM

It just happens. Teams don't stay elite forever. The Suns, Pistons, and Mavs were elite 3 years ago and none of them are now. The only team that's really stayed consistently elite the past 5 years is the Spurs, but even this year it's debatable.

It still is annoying though.

Brickhouse
03-02-2009, 10:54 PM
That's just dumb.

Mavs are something like 4-13 against playoff bound teams in the West and have a losing record on back to backs..how is that dumb?

Sounds about right.

Or did barely beating a depleted Thunder a few nights ago and then getting blown out by an even more depleted Thunder tonight inspire some kind of confidence that the Mavs will get wins against the likes of LAL, CLE, DEN, SAS, NO, DET...

Brickhouse
03-02-2009, 10:56 PM
Don't they pretty much have the same players? Aside from the PG spot, nothing too much has drastically changed. I think it's mostly mental. I enjoy it though.

Or maybe the rest of the West got significantly better and the Mavs roster got older and shittier?

The team is shit. Their mentality is shit too, but bottom line, the roster is shit.

Ghazi
03-02-2009, 10:59 PM
Mavs are something like 4-13 against playoff bound teams in the West and have a losing record on back to backs..how is that dumb?

Sounds about right.

Or did barely beating a depleted Thunder a few nights ago and then getting blown out by an even more depleted Thunder tonight inspire some kind of confidence that the Mavs will get wins against the likes of LAL, CLE, DEN, SAS, NO, DET...

How is it dumb? The Mavs are going to lose EVERY single game to a playoff opponent? The Mavs are gonna lose EVERY game against a decent team liek Detroit, Atlanta, and Indiana?

And why the FUCK did you throw in NOLA and Detroit in there? :lol.
No it really doesn't "sound about right".

sribb43
03-02-2009, 11:00 PM
That's just dumb.

Take your Nellie glasses off and step into reality...

Brickhouse
03-02-2009, 11:02 PM
How is it dumb? The Mavs are going to lose EVERY single game to a playoff opponent? The Mavs are gonna lose EVERY game against a decent team liek Detroit, Atlanta, and Indiana?

And why the FUCK did you throw in NOLA and Detroit in there? :lol.
No it really doesn't "sound about right".

It's not out of the realm.

And yes they will lose against the Hornets, who has dominated them since last season. Detroit is playing well of late.

:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:c heer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer

Ghazi
03-02-2009, 11:02 PM
Take your Nellie glasses off and step into reality...

The Mavs going 3-11 over the next 14 is REALITY?

Look, if it happens I'll tip my hat. but I sincerely doubt it. you're embellishing.

Ghazi
03-02-2009, 11:03 PM
It's not out of the realm.

And yes they will lose against the Hornets, who has dominated them since last season. Detroit is playing well of late.

:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:c heer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer

So if the O/U on Mavs wins in the next 14 was 4, you'd put $ on the under?

Get the fuck out.

GuerillaBlack
03-02-2009, 11:04 PM
Or maybe the rest of the West got significantly better and the Mavs roster got older and shittier?

The team is shit. Their mentality is shit too, but bottom line, the roster is shit.

Now I'm starting to lean towards this. Correct sir.

lurker
03-02-2009, 11:08 PM

SAS - Loss
@NO - B2B - Blowout Loss
WAS - Win
@PHX - Blowout Loss
@GS - Blowout Loss
@LAL - Blowout Loss
DET - Loss
@ATL - Loss
@IND - B2B - Loss
GS - Win
DEN - Loss
@CLE - Loss
@MIN - Win
Suns have a pretty tough schedule this month too. March might not be kind to either.

Shank
Now I'm starting to lean towards this. Correct sir.

Exactly...and who is to blame for keeping these same assholes on this roster for season after season? George, Stackhouse and others would barely make the rosters of 90% of the teams in the league.

Brickhouse
So if the O/U on Mavs wins in the next 14 was 4, you'd put $ on the under?

Get the fuck out.

why are you acting like that is impossible? Fuck are you watching the same team I am? They will put up some good fights against the top teams but fold like usual. Then factor in games like tonight against scrub teams.

And why the fuck do you feel the need to piss on our pity party. The Mavs are the joke of the league, at least the bottom feeders have some young talent, yet all you can do is start shitty threads about other teams being flukes or post about how Mavfans should be content b/c "it is expected" "there are no good deals out there" blahblahblah.

Shank
03-02-2009, 11:15 PM
http://coralmorphologic.com/b/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/pic07tin-man.jpg

Ghazi
03-02-2009, 11:19 PM
why are you acting like that is impossible? Fuck are you watching the same team I am? They will put up some good fights against the top teams but fold like usual. Then factor in games like tonight against scrub teams.

And why the fuck do you feel the need to piss on our pity party. The Mavs are the joke of the league, at least the bottom feeders have some young talent, yet all you can do is start shitty threads about other teams being flukes or post about how Mavfans should be content b/c "it is expected" "there are no good deals out there" blahblahblah.

Yes I am watching the same team :). A .600 basketball team that isn't that good, that only wins 30% of its games against good teams teams. 3-11 over the next 14 would be a .200 basketball team that wins 0% of its games against good teams. Not saying it's impossible, but it's not expected.

And how the fuck are the Mavs the "joke of the league"? That's an exaggeration.

Of course all the bad teams have young talent. Cause they're bad teams, and thus got high draft picks. Doesn't mean all of those bad teams are gonna pan out. Yeah teams like the Thunder and Grizzlies have brighter futures than the Mavs.... but that's just the cyclical nature of the NBA.

Shank
03-02-2009, 11:20 PM
Ah yes...young talent. I sigh every time I think of it.

GuerillaBlack
03-02-2009, 11:22 PM
Yes I am watching the same team :). A .600 basketball team that isn't that good, that only wins 30% of its games against good teams teams. 3-11 over the next 14 would be a .200 basketball team that wins 0% of its games against good teams. Not saying it's impossible, but it's not expected.

And how the fuck are the Mavs the "joke of the league"? That's an exaggeration.

Of course all the bad teams have young talent. Cause they're bad teams, and thus got high draft picks. Doesn't mean all of those bad teams are gonna pan out. Yeah teams like the Thunder and Grizzlies have brighter futures than the Mavs.... but that's just the cyclical nature of the NBA.

Well, with good management, young talent can go to any team, or the pickup of good role players. Mavs haven't done that in years.

djohn2oo8
03-02-2009, 11:26 PM
Well, with good management, young talent can go to any team, or the pickup of good role players. Mavs haven't done that in years.

Amen brudda...Haha, mavs lose to shitty ass thunder and Ghazi still thinks they are the greatest team in the world while other mavs fans realize what kind of a team they have

Ghazi
03-02-2009, 11:27 PM

Young core talent is usually acquired through getting a high draft position.

The Mavs actually have some decent young role players... no youth on the core though since they've consistently won 50+ games.

And I really do think the core is the problem more than the bench. Howard, Terry, Nowitzki, and Kidd and Dampier is alright... but don't make an imprint on the game to the point that this team can be elite.

Wright/Bass/Singleton/Barea/Green aren't a bad group of young role players. Guys like Mayo, Roy, Aldridge, Durant, James require a team to really suck in the first place.

Spursfan092120
03-02-2009, 11:32 PM
Re: Mavs suck major dustbowl a$$mm hmm...yup..we knew that already.

Yorae
03-02-2009, 11:46 PM
http://d.yimg.com/a/p/rids/20090303/i/r437733466.jpg
Krstic can't help but smirk at the mavs' impending doom....

Spursmania
03-02-2009, 11:47 PM
mm hmm...yup..we knew that already.
:tu

Brickhouse
03-02-2009, 11:49 PM
Young core talent is usually acquired through getting a high draft position.

The Mavs actually have some decent young role players... no youth on the core though since they've consistently won 50+ games.

And I really do think the core is the problem more than the bench. Howard, Terry, Nowitzki, and Kidd and Dampier is alright... but don't make an imprint on the game to the point that this team can be elite.

Wright/Bass/Singleton/Barea/Green aren't a bad group of young role players. Guys like Mayo, Roy, Aldridge, Durant, James require a team to really suck in the first place.

Green belongs in the D-league. Barea is a midget bonehead who can't play a lick of defense. Bass and Singleton are undersized PFs logging major minutes at C b/c Erika DampVagina can't stay on the floor. Wright is not that young and belongs on the bench.

Ghazi
03-03-2009, 12:00 AM
Barea Bass Singleton and Wright are giving decent role player production, they've all exceeded by expectations this year. Although indeed Wright as a starting SG is inadequate, and Bass/Singleton's minutes are due to Damp's incompetence.

But yeah... it's the core really. We need Kidd to be what he was 2-3 years ago, but he isn't.

We need Dirk to play at an MVP level, he isn't

We need 06-07 J-Ho, he's gone.

A scoring big man indeed would be appreciated, Damp isn't that though. And against any opponent where his marginal mobility creates a defensive mismatch, he gets little minutes due to his lack of offensive threat.

And this team's 3-PT shooting sucks. The explosive offense of 2-3 years ago was due to great perimeter shooting.

So yeah... gotta change the core... but it's hard to acquire young talent into the core when you're winning 50+ games.

Meh, I dunno. This season of course for our beloved Mavs is lost.

But really we shouldn't criticize the guts or heart of our beloved Mavs. It's not that, it's just a lack of pieces. I see the game tonight... I see poor rotations and lateral quickness leading to open jump shots for the Thunder. I see a jump shooting offense that stagnates when the jumpers don't fall due to a lack of scoring in the paint, slashing, or FTA's. Really this indeed has little to do with heart guts toughness, or whatever intangible people say a team is lacking when it loses in blowout fashion or to a lesser team, it's just... a lack of pieces, a mediocre roster, a jump shooting team not hitting its jumpers with marginal defense causing a gap to widen quickly. I feel saddened by the state of the beloved Mavs, especially on the heels of Wadegate in 2006 and the GS series in 2007, but people are too malicious in their criticisms of our boys in blue.

Kidd gives great effort. He has heart. It just doesn't appear that way sometimes due to his lateral quickness declining and his inability to slash.

Dirk. Appears disinterested sometimes I suppose, beloved Dirk's heart has been broken a many time :(

Barea/Singleton- Barea's body isn't fit for basketball but he can be a solid backup PG in the future. A nice spark from time to time and gives good effort for our boys, despite his bball IQ and size deficiencies. Singleton is the consummate role player.

Terry is having a fine year at age 31. I don't question the heart or guts of our beloved Terry either.

Really the only player who such criticisms are warranted for is J-Ho.

Just gotta hope the FO can exploit the recession in the off season with the appealing contracts of Stack and J-Ho, and either resign Kidd or acquire something from him in a sign and trade.

Just searching for a beam of light :(

sribb43
03-03-2009, 12:03 AM
Suns have a pretty tough schedule this month too. March might not be kind to either.

true but atleast the Suns have an identity as a team...we are in March and we still dont know what kind of team the Mavs are other than a shitty team...Either way its either 8 or 9th seed so in the end who cares

NIH
03-03-2009, 12:03 AM
It's lining up to be a beat down on Thursday for Dallas...

Sold out New Orleans Arena, two days of rest, and a hot Hornets team that are prime to kick that ass.

BUMP
03-03-2009, 12:07 AM

Sold out New Orleans Arena, two days of rest, and a hot Hornets team that are prime to kick that ass.

and....your point....?

GuerillaBlack
03-03-2009, 12:11 AM
Barea Bass Singleton and Wright are giving decent role player production, they've all exceeded by expectations this year. Although indeed Wright as a starting SG is inadequate, and Bass/Singleton's minutes are due to Damp's incompetence.

But yeah... it's the core really. We need Kidd to be what he was 2-3 years ago, but he isn't.

We need Dirk to play at an MVP level, he isn't

We need 06-07 J-Ho, he's gone.

A scoring big man indeed would be appreciated, Damp isn't that though. And against any opponent where his marginal mobility creates a defensive mismatch, he gets little minutes due to his lack of offensive threat.

And this team's 3-PT shooting sucks. The explosive offense of 2-3 years ago was due to great perimeter shooting.

So yeah... gotta change the core... but it's hard to acquire young talent into the core when you're winning 50+ games.

Meh, I dunno. This season of course for our beloved Mavs is lost.

But really we shouldn't criticize the guts or heart of our beloved Mavs. It's not that, it's just a lack of pieces. I see the game tonight... I see poor rotations and lateral quickness leading to open jump shots for the Thunder. I see a jump shooting offense that stagnates when the jumpers don't fall due to a lack of scoring in the paint, slashing, or FTA's. Really this indeed has little to do with heart guts toughness, or whatever intangible people say a team is lacking when it loses in blowout fashion or to a lesser team, it's just... a lack of pieces, a mediocre roster, a jump shooting team not hitting its jumpers with marginal defense causing a gap to widen quickly. I feel saddened by the state of the beloved Mavs, especially on the heels of Wadegate in 2006 and the GS series in 2007, but people are too malicious in their criticisms of our boys in blue.

Kidd gives great effort. He has heart. It just doesn't appear that way sometimes due to his lateral quickness declining and his inability to slash.

Dirk. Appears disinterested sometimes I suppose, beloved Dirk's heart has been broken a many time :(

Barea/Singleton- Barea's body isn't fit for basketball but he can be a solid backup PG in the future. A nice spark from time to time and gives good effort for our boys, despite his bball IQ and size deficiencies. Singleton is the consummate role player.

Terry is having a fine year at age 31. I don't question the heart or guts of our beloved Terry either.

Just gotta hope the FO can exploit the recession in the off season with the appealing contracts of Stack and J-Ho, and either resign Kidd or acquire something from him in a sign and trade.

Do you masturbate to pictures of Mavs players? All this beloved talk. They don't know, nor care about you homie.

sribb43
03-03-2009, 12:12 AM

Congrats on beating a shitty ass mavs team, its says nothin about hte Hornets if they blast us. They will do exactly what teams like the bucks, grizz, bulls, thunder, and nets did to us

sribb43
03-03-2009, 12:13 AM
how the hell do u go on a 19-2 run against the Thunder w/o Durant and Green and still find yourself down 6 points?

BUMP
03-03-2009, 12:16 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=manxPVTLth8

Ghazi
03-03-2009, 12:17 AM
how the hell do u go on a 19-2 run against the Thunder w/o Durant and Green and still find yourself down 6 points?

Cause you were down 23 to begin with.:king

As for how the hell you do that, :bang

Pelicans78
03-03-2009, 12:22 AM

Dammit don't jinx us :p:

sribb43
03-03-2009, 12:23 AM
Cause you were down 23 to begin with.:king

As for how the hell you do that, :bang

my point exactly...it just shows the sad state of Mavs basketball

Rogue
03-03-2009, 07:11 AM
Amen brudda...Haha, mavs lose to shitty ass thunder and Ghazi still thinks they are the greatest team in the world while other mavs fans realize what kind of a team they have
neither God nor the Buddha will bless a motherfucker. keep shitting our team while you can, as you'll have no chance to do that again after you go back to hell where you were born. at least we can pretend you're not any longer existing in this world after you go back where you belong.

21_Blessings
03-03-2009, 07:55 AM
Demote the Mavericks to the NBDL and bring up the Austin Toros. Dallas is clearly headed back to their 90's level of sucktitude. Might as well nip that prospect in the bud before it happens.

djohn2oo8
03-03-2009, 08:31 AM
neither God nor the Buddha will bless a motherfucker. keep shitting our team while you can, as you'll have no chance to do that again after you go back to hell where you were born. at least we can pretend you're not any longer existing in this world after you go back where you belong.

lmao, are you really that stupid???? Brudda is slang for brother dumbass. Anyway, if I don't exist, then don't respond dipshit:nope

Rogue
03-03-2009, 08:32 AM
thunders are our brother team even though they suck even worse than the rockets this season. a win is more meaningful to thunders who need it to help their young guys gain confidence, and there isn't anything that can give them more confidence than beating a great team like mavs.

we don't care too much about a lose in the regular season, at least we're still among the playoff range.

Rogue
03-03-2009, 08:35 AM
lmao, are you really that stupid???? Brudda is slang for brother dumbass. Anyway, if I don't exist, then don't respond dipshit:nope
I wasn't saying "neither God nor the Buddha will bless you.", but you just admitted that voluntarily. :lol

I'm extremely delighted to see you coming back.

I felt pretty lonely during the time when you were gone. :lol

hater
03-03-2009, 08:45 AM
I don't understand how coaches still play Devean George. MOtherfucker is the laziest player in the NBA. not only that, he has no shame. He comes in every game and makes at least 3 bonehead plays. And he laughs it off everytime :lol

Rogue
03-03-2009, 08:50 AM
I don't understand how coaches still play Devean George. MOtherfucker is the laziest player in the NBA. not only that, he has no shame. He comes in every game and makes at least 3 bonehead plays. And he laughs it off everytime :lol
Devean George :bang :bang :bang :bang :bang :bang :bang :bang :bang :bang :bang

ElNono
03-03-2009, 09:20 AM
:cheer :cheer :cheer

Really? wow...

Indazone
03-03-2009, 09:34 AM

Ghazi
03-03-2009, 10:23 AM
Really? wow...

Yeah... you know, the guy who QUIT on the team in the playoffs last year and somehow still managed to stay on the team? (now that I think about it, how many front offices would put up with that shit last year?!)

Nobody else has done that, it's just a bad chemistry, ill fitting pieces, lack of talent.

de Soto
03-03-2009, 12:12 PM
Dallas semen guzzler mavericks...

...BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GuerillaBlack
03-03-2009, 12:16 PM
thunders are our brother team even though they suck even worse than the rockets this season. a win is more meaningful to thunders who need it to help their young guys gain confidence, and there isn't anything that can give them more confidence than beating a great team like mavs.

we don't care too much about a lose in the regular season, at least we're still among the playoff range.

Yeah, yeah, just one game in the regular season, but it's crunch time now. These losses hurt and especially for the Mavs being at the bottom of the playoff picture and Phoenix gaining steam.

Indazone
03-03-2009, 12:46 PM
I know we've all seen this but it just never gets old lol. Still cracks me up everytime I watch this.

Ub14_iNzt9w

LakeShow
03-03-2009, 12:55 PM
I know we've all seen this but it just never gets old lol. Still cracks me up everytime I watch this.

Ub14_iNzt9w

Ghazi
03-03-2009, 02:03 PM
Yeah, yeah, just one game in the regular season, but it's crunch time now. These losses hurt and especially for the Mavs being at the bottom of the playoff picture and Phoenix gaining steam.

If I hear one more person saying Phoenix is gaining steam I'm gonna snap lol.

They're 6-2 since the ASB, Mavs are 5-3.

6 home games, 5 games v easy teams for the Suns.

We'll see how much steam they gain on this 4 game road trip. If they go 2-2 or 3-1 then I'll buy that they're gaining steam, if they go 1-3 or 0-4 (and it's not out of teh realm of possibility, all 4 opponents are good) then so much for the "gaining steam".

monosylab1k
03-03-2009, 02:05 PM
6 home games, 5 games v easy teams for the Suns.

And a quality win against the Lakers. The Mavs have nothing close to a quality win, and they've had far worse losses.

Xylus
03-03-2009, 02:14 PM
Suns are going 3-1 on this road trip.

Orlando
Miami
Houston
San Antonio

Those are all winnable games right now.

Ghazi
03-03-2009, 02:15 PM
And a quality win against the Lakers. The Mavs have nothing close to a quality win, and they've had far worse losses.

Losing by 26 to the Lakers and 20 to the Celtics are "bad losses" if you ask me.

So as for Phoenix gaining steam, let's reserve judgement for after the 4 game road trip ;).

There's always a "flavor of the week" to miss the playoffs and its appropriate that the Mavs are that flavor now, but it could very well be the Suns again after this week.

And then back to the Mavs after that 4 game road trip perhaps.

It'll probably come down to the wire for 7-8-9 between Jazz/Mavs/Suns (Jazz 13 of final 22 on the road).

Xylus
03-03-2009, 02:17 PM
The Celtics loss was bad, no doubt. But the Lakers loss wasn't unexpected, since the Suns thought they were going to have Nash at gametime, and it turned it out he couldn't play. They've since gained confidence to play without Nash, so his addition will only improve the team.

ElNono
03-03-2009, 02:22 PM
Yeah... you know, the guy who QUIT on the team in the playoffs last year and somehow still managed to stay on the team? (now that I think about it, how many front offices would put up with that shit last year?!)

Are you talking about JHo, Kidd, Dampier, Dick Breath, or somebody else?

Nobody else has done that, it's just a bad chemistry, ill fitting pieces, lack of talent.

It all boils down to poor decision making. Devean George should have been shipped when he called up his bird rights last year. Instead, he gets resigned and gets bird rights again. JHo should have been shown the door, instead he stays. The Kidd vs Harris trade was bad, even if you only consider the value of the picks you handed out for him. Diop for the entire MLE, just to trade him for garbage 4 months later.

And it goes on and on and on...

Ghazi
03-03-2009, 02:26 PM
J-Ho.

And yes, nobodys denying the FO has made countless mistakes in the past year.

But I'm not mad at our boys in blue like some give off the impression of being, I'm just sad. Really the effort isn't lacking for the "most part". It's just the talent.

Being mediocre and having mediocre execution sometimes gives off the vibe that a team isn't trying. What if that team just isn't good? Lacking the quickness to defend well, can't make outside shots like they used to, no great slashers, too many tweeners. Indeed the roster is constructed in a terribly mediocre fashion.

And really I'm more sad at the bullshit shots of the Warriors and the horseshit officiating of the Finals more than anything else. The gentle decline into mediocrity wouldn't be as miserable if our beloved Mavs weren't tortured by phantom fouls and halfcourt jumpers.

Trainwreck2100
03-03-2009, 02:39 PM
Suns are going 3-1 on this road trip.

Orlando
Miami
Houston
San Antonio

Those are all winnable games right now.

3-1 who do you see that they lose to there?

Xylus
03-03-2009, 02:42 PM
3-1 who do you see that they lose to there?

Probably San Antonio, though the Miami game could be a landmine (2nd on a back-to-back).

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-03-2009, 02:53 PM
Probably San Antonio, though the Miami game could be a landmine (2nd on a back-to-back).

Given J-Rich's recent desire to not play defense the Miami game could be a disaster cause of Wade.

There is no reason why J-Rich can't be a top ten defender, he pisses me off on D almost as much as Amare.

Shank
03-03-2009, 02:56 PM
Unlike the Mavericks, the Suns aren't going out there pretending to be something they're not. They said 'fuck it, we're going balls-out' and doing just that. Dallas, in the meantime, seems to think they're still championship-caliber and that these bullshit lineups are going to get them anywhere.

ElNono
03-03-2009, 05:50 PM
Given J-Rich's recent desire to not play defense the Miami game could be a disaster cause of Wade.

There is no reason why J-Rich can't be a top ten defender, he pisses me off on D almost as much as Amare.

He played for Nellie. That right there should tell you all you need to know.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-03-2009, 05:53 PM
He played for Nellie. That right there should tell you all you need to know.

OK, he played for Nellie, big fuckin deal. I can't stand hearing a previous coach being used as an excuse. Nash Amare and J-Rich don't play defense, and it's not cause of D'antoni or Nellie, it's cause they're lazy fucks more concerned with putting up numbers than winning.

ElNono
03-03-2009, 06:03 PM
OK, he played for Nellie, big fuckin deal. I can't stand hearing a previous coach being used as an excuse. Nash Amare and J-Rich don't play defense, and it's not cause of D'antoni or Nellie, it's cause they're lazy fucks more concerned with putting up numbers than winning.

Nellie brainwashes them into thinking you can win by just playing offense. Funny you mention Nash, another Nellie pupil. Amare I think it's a different case. I think he's just not smart enough to understand rotations, pick and roll defense, etc.

Ghazi
03-03-2009, 06:05 PM
The Mavs swagger was ripped out of their hearts after the horseshit officiating of the '06 Finals and bullshit shots of the 2007 series.

Champions usually have a swagger about them, unmeasurable but it just feels like its there. the Spurs have it, the Pistons had it, the Celtics have it... the Cheat of course didn't have swagger, which is why they went 44-42 the following season confirming their title was a fluke that was undeserved, but I digress.

"Swagger"... just a confidence about them. They may lose games here and there, but they never lose their cool or control. the Mavs have a many times this year had stretches where they absolutley look lost on offense and can't put the ball in the basket at all, and can't get one stop either. Hence why large leads have been blown and why our boys in blue can fall behind by 23 to the Thunder, 20 to the Grizz, get outscored by 25 in a 10 minute stretch against the Kings, etc. Confusion, disarray, no swagger for the boys.

I wonder what would've been if the whistles didn't doom us in 2006. Would this team have acquired the swagger of champions? Would many leads have been preserved instead of blown? Would the defense and rebounding still be top notch? Would Dirk still be performing at an MVP level? Would J-Ho have become just a TAD better in the bball IQ department? Would shots simply start going in that aren't otherwise, due to the "swagger" and confidence? Oh how I weep at these "what ifs" created by the bullshit whistles. Inarguably the talent level has declined but the team of 05-06 and 06-07 had a jovial spirit that this team seems to lack on the court, due to the heartbreaks.

Agloco
03-03-2009, 06:39 PM
that is all i can say. i hope the thunder doesnt choke though.

:wow:wow