PDA

View Full Version : If it were up to you

mfanatic
03-02-2009, 10:10 PM
Would you rather have the Lakers play Dallas or the Jazz in the first round? Leaving us with the other team as it seems. I'd rather play the Jazz in the first round, having the Lakers play Dallas

EricB
03-02-2009, 10:12 PM
Doesn't matter, they will smoke either team.

tp2021
03-02-2009, 10:15 PM
I'd rather they get SHAQED again :lol

FvckMavs
03-02-2009, 10:18 PM
I want Lakers play Jazz in the first round.

Mugen
03-02-2009, 10:25 PM
LA would smoke Dallas. Utah would challenge them again and probably take it to 6.

however, i think we match up better with utah but still see us getting past dallas.

HarlemHeat37
03-02-2009, 10:30 PM
Utah would definitely challenge the Lakers..if Bynum is out, they'd have a realistic shot at winning the series..if Bynum is playing, they probably lose, but they'd still have some kind of a chance..

they would be my first realistic choice at playing LA..followed by Phoenix..

ElNono
03-02-2009, 10:31 PM
Either Phoenix or Utah... Phoenix because of the Shaq factor, and because they kicked the Lakers out twice before they reloaded... Utah because of the physicality...

jay014
03-02-2009, 10:36 PM
Lakers first round

Mavs<Spurs
03-02-2009, 10:56 PM
Doesn't matter, they will smoke either team.

Agree with EricB, Lakers will smoke either team.

Jazz with Boozer back and Deron on fire is a good team and would be harder for us to beat. Don't tell me about 2007 either. After our last 2 pathetic outings, we are not that team.

So, I would rather have the Lakers play the Jazz, not because the Jazz would have a chance, but because we would have a harder team with the Jazz.

SouthTexasRancher
03-02-2009, 10:58 PM
Would you rather have the Lakers play Dallas or the Jazz in the first round? Leaving us with the other team as it seems. I'd rather play the Jazz in the first round, having the Lakers play Dallas

If we play like we played against the Celtics in Boston on the rodeo road trip it won't matter who we play...we win it all.

If we play like we played last night against the Trailblazers then we wouldn't even beat Sactown.

So give me the lowly Mavs 1st and let the Lakers and Jazz beat one another into pulp fiction. The Jazz could very well win that series. If the Jazz stay healthy from now on they could prove to be tuff for everyone.

Mavs<Spurs
03-02-2009, 11:02 PM
If health the Jazz will give the Lakers a good run, But I would like to see LA take on PHX........Now that Porter is gone Phx has the size and scoring to take LA to 7 if Amere comes back healthy. I think Phx is avgn like 122ppg since they ousted porter, and Shaq will tear Bynum a new one!

Plus you know Shaq wants to get over on Kobe.........this is a matchup I would love to see, Phx is gonna be a dangerous team if healthy come playoff time.

Phx is playing better and when Nash is back, they will be even better.

However, I don't think Amare is coming back this season. Am I wrong about that? Detached retina and won't be back is my understanding.

And Phoenix isn't going to overtake the Jazz who have won 8 straight games (correct me if that stat isn't right). So, Phoenix probably doesn't make the playoffs.

It was clear that LA without Bynum had no answer for Shaq. And I don't think that Bynum can stop Shaq from getting 30 + points either if Shaq stays healthy as he is right now even though Bynum is really strong and is much younger than Shaq. The 7 rebounds for Shaq were not great though (in the game against LA).

Phoenix has to overtake someone in order to make this matchup happen and I just don't know who they are going to overtake.

HarlemHeat37
03-02-2009, 11:04 PM
Utah hasn't won in San Antonio since '99..if this year is any indication, nothing has changed in that regard..

dastrey
03-02-2009, 11:07 PM
Playing the Lakers in the 1st round would be optimal for the Spurs. It's too bad it won't happen.

Mavs<Spurs
03-02-2009, 11:10 PM
Utah hasn't won in San Antonio since '99..if this year is any indication, nothing has changed in that regard..

Jazz are playing better basketball than we have been. They have won 8 straight games, right? And I don't want to discuss our most recent performances.

We are in March now and are not playing well. So, therefore, I am not positive that our home record against them matters.

We need to right the ship before we can consider ourselves favorites in any series. Right now, after our last 2 games, we can't count on our past glories = resting on our laurels.

Mavs<Spurs
03-02-2009, 11:13 PM
Playing the Lakers in the 1st round would be optimal for the Spurs. It's too bad it won't happen.

Why so we can give Manu a lot of rest over the summer?

:lol

We need to improve our game before we can even think about being competitive with the Lakers.

Win the battle before you fight - A Principle from the Art of War.

Agloco
03-02-2009, 11:20 PM

The Jazz are the better team when healthy. They are scary actually.

itzsoweezee
03-02-2009, 11:33 PM
jazz are good, mavs are not.

poop
03-03-2009, 02:06 AM
i am hoping they play Utah first round, Utah will be at strength by then, are coached by Sloan and will give the lakers a solid effort no question. play a real physical series and push them hard.

much more aso than Dallas would do.

smrattler
03-03-2009, 02:07 AM
Bring 'em all on!!!!

(except the Lakers if possible)

Spursmania
03-03-2009, 02:13 AM
I'd rather play Dallas, than Utah. Utah is a much more physical team than Dallas and they are on a roll and have Boozer back. I'd rather have them bruise it up against the Lakers first round.

I think the Spurs would have a less physical series with Dallas thereby conserving energy and not being too banged up for the next round.

rayray2k8
03-03-2009, 02:32 AM

we are about 2 months from the playoffs and from 5-9 the seeds are pretty
tight, so it's too soon to be wondering this...
I think the Blazers might be the odd team out when the playoffs start.

Watch out for Utah.