PDA

View Full Version : Seahawk Fans REJOICE!!!

NewJerSpur
03-02-2009, 11:04 PM
We got HOUSH!!!

:downspin::downspin::downspin:
:danceclub

jack sommerset
03-02-2009, 11:28 PM
He should have went with the Vikings

NewJerSpur
03-02-2009, 11:40 PM
He's back home on the westcoast where he belongs. The Vikings don't even have a legit QB, only a running game.

Horry For 3!
03-03-2009, 12:42 AM
TJ Who's Your Mamma

NewJerSpur
03-03-2009, 12:49 AM
Yep, that's the one.

:lol

mytespurs
03-03-2009, 01:08 AM
He should have went with the Vikings

I heard on the news that TJ wanted to go to a team that was a winner or had upside. My first thought was...and that is the Seahawks??? :king

PuttPutt
03-03-2009, 02:45 AM
He's back home on the westcoast where he belongs. The Vikings don't even have a legit QB, only a running game.

I'm glad he's w/ the Hawks. Matt Hasselback isn't the greatest QB in the world, but he's legit. As long as he stays healthy. Now the Hawks need a runningback & some O line help

stretch
03-03-2009, 09:09 AM
Seahawks blow. Dumb desicion by TJ.

leemajors
03-03-2009, 09:11 AM

well, the seahawks have neither of those. nice choice!

NewJerSpur
03-03-2009, 03:11 PM
I heard on the news that TJ wanted to go to a team that was a winner or had upside. My first thought was...and that is the Seahawks??? :king

Well, we've owned our division and have had a consistency with regard to reaching the postseason only rivaled by the Pats and Colts the last few years so I guess he was right on. :king

NewJerSpur
03-03-2009, 03:13 PM
well, the seahawks have neither of those. nice choice!

Our running game has been questionable, I'll give you that, but we have a pro-bowl QB when healthy.....as a matter of fact he led us to the divisional round of the playoffs a year ago when we REALLY had no running game to speak of. THANKS MATT!!

NewJerSpur
03-03-2009, 03:15 PM
I'm glad he's w/ the Hawks. Matt Hasselback isn't the greatest QB in the world, but he's legit. As long as he stays healthy. Now the Hawks need a runningback & some O line help

Totally agree on all points. I'm not sold on "Fool-Me-Once" Jones, who I would gladly give back to the Cowboys to further their losing cause, lol.

PuttPutt
03-04-2009, 08:15 PM
Totally agree on all points. I'm not sold on "Fool-Me-Once" Jones, who I would gladly give back to the Cowboys to further their losing cause, lol.

Well, I know I don't want him back cause I'm truly a Cowboys fan. I have become a Hawks fan, just in the last year or so. I live 2 1/2 hours from Seattle. I got to go to my 1st game last year at Qwest Field (awesome & loud stadium). Just so happened to be against the Bengals. It'll be interesting to see what they do this coming season.

tlongII
03-04-2009, 08:55 PM
The Seahawks have a chance to be good. Good signing.

Purple & Gold
04-08-2009, 01:43 PM
So do the Seahawks still go after Crabtree. I say pick up a QB if Sanchez is still there. My dream would be to trade down and somehow get both Sanchez and Moreno, but I know that ain't happening. At least we in position to take BPA

NewJerSpur
04-08-2009, 10:57 PM
I'm not big on the Crabtree pick myself, especially given he's just come off of surgery and the main problem with our receiving corps last year was health. I would LOVE to trade down at this point and accumulate more picks; at which point, I'd definitely try to snag Moreno and hope Robiskie is available at #37 (unless the trade gives us the ability to acquire him earlier).

Purple & Gold
04-09-2009, 04:20 AM
In definitely in big favor of trading down and getting Moreno. I think that would be the best move if they didn't wanna pick up a QB with that pick. That would make our running game great and if Hasselback can stay healthy with TJ I like our chances. We can always address WR in the second round. Either way we need to pick up a RB and WR early no matter what we do.

NewJerSpur
04-09-2009, 09:34 PM
I'm with you P&G (Wow, how many times do Spur and Laker fans come into agreement, LOL). It's been awhile since we've had a dynamic running game and I know a lot of it has to do with the line, but we haven't consitently seen an awe-inspiring performance from a back since, I guess, 2006-07? I know some of us don't want to give up on Julius Jones, but I was never big on his signing. As you mentioned, having Hass back healthy along with hopefully Branch and Burleson, signing TJ, bringing in a solid WR in the 2nd or 3rd combined with a strong back should get us back on track....heck, it might even allow us to crawl up to the level of decent on the road, lol.

IronMexican
04-09-2009, 10:40 PM
Seahawks should draft Monroe. He is the best pass-blocker in the draft.

NewJerSpur
04-09-2009, 11:24 PM
But I've been hearing that's all he's really good for. We need a good pass blocker and a guy that likes to plow over the D-Line (and hopefully guys at the second level as well) on runs....I'm hearing that's J. Smith. I would still love to trade down, get Moreno, and some additional picks as Smith isn't projected to be around by the time we draft in the 1st.

IronMexican
04-10-2009, 12:05 AM
Apart from both tye Smith's, there are no plowers

IronMexican
04-10-2009, 12:07 AM
Andrew MUTHAFUCKING BYNUM!

IronMexican
04-10-2009, 12:07 AM
Wrong thread

monosylab1k
04-10-2009, 12:16 AM
with Deion Branch & Whosyamama, the Seahawks have now overpaid royally for two of the most overrated receivers in the NFL.

NewJerSpur
04-10-2009, 12:23 AM
It's true Branch's injury-riddled tenure with us had decreased the value of the initial trade for him (he might even be cut after this season) but he can still put up good numbers this season and get us back on track atop the NFC West. T.J. gives the team stability we haven't had at the position in a long time. His value to us is higher than it would be a team with more depth at that position.

NewJerSpur
04-10-2009, 12:24 AM
Andrew MUTHAFUCKING BYNUM!

Come'on man, we're trying to be civil in here....let's take this outside. :king

Purple & Gold
04-14-2009, 12:36 PM
I'm with you P&G (Wow, how many times do Spur and Laker fans come into agreement, LOL). It's been awhile since we've had a dynamic running game and I know a lot of it has to do with the line, but we haven't consitently seen an awe-inspiring performance from a back since, I guess, 2006-07? I know some of us don't want to give up on Julius Jones, but I was never big on his signing. As you mentioned, having Hass back healthy along with hopefully Branch and Burleson, signing TJ, bringing in a solid WR in the 2nd or 3rd combined with a strong back should get us back on track....heck, it might even allow us to crawl up to the level of decent on the road, lol.

Haha only when we're talking about another sport :lol

But yeah we definitely need to upgrade that running game. I'm also not a huge Julius Jones fan but he is more than serviceable. The Seahawks have always had a solid running game going back to Warner, John L, Fenner, Warren, Watters, and Alexander (before he started sucking). You gotta run the ball and be able to stop the run if you wanna do anything in the playoffs. With some luck on the health side, the addition of Hous, and a rookie or 2 being able to produce I don't see why we can't make some noise again this year.

NewJerSpur
04-14-2009, 10:04 PM
Haha only when we're talking about another sport :lol

But yeah we definitely need to upgrade that running game. I'm also not a huge Julius Jones fan but he is more than serviceable. The Seahawks have always had a solid running game going back to Warner, John L, Fenner, Warren, Watters, and Alexander (before he started sucking). You gotta run the ball and be able to stop the run if you wanna do anything in the playoffs. With some luck on the health side, the addition of Hous, and a rookie or 2 being able to produce I don't see why we can't make some noise again this year.

And to win on the road where we've been average at best....hopefully the Jim Mora regime changes all of that. Julius Jones will get his chance in this new offense of Knapp's from what I hear, but I'm not holding my breath on his production even with more carries. Like you said, with some good fortune health-wise, we can knock the Cardinals back into obscurity....alright, that's probably not realistic at this point with most of their weapons returning, but we can battle to reclaim what's ours.

Purple & Gold
04-18-2009, 06:45 PM
ESPN says the Seahawks are gonna draft Sanchez. I'm happy with that pick. We are in a good position heading into the draft. I'm looking forward to a good year.

NewJerSpur
04-18-2009, 07:03 PM
espn says the seahawks are gonna draft sanchez. I'm happy with that pick. We are in a good position heading into the draft. I'm looking forward to a good year.

When?! When?!

Purple & Gold
04-18-2009, 07:22 PM
It was on sportscenter yesterday morning. It could be smokescreen to up the value of the pick to trade down, but I think they are gonna draft him if they don't get the trade package they want. It makes sense Hass can't play forever he's getting older, the Seahawks don't have any huge holes that can be fixed with that pick, Sanchez is very good at those short touch passes that we like to run, and the knock on him about only starting 1 year is not a big deal since he'll be on the bench for 1 or 2 years before he starts. Makes alot of sense but so does trading down for Moreno. Either way I'm happy.

IronMexican
04-18-2009, 08:10 PM
If the Seahawks draft Sanchez, they'd be my second fav team.

Purple & Gold
04-18-2009, 08:23 PM
If the Seahawks draft Sanchez, they'd be my second fav team.

Since we're out of the AFC West now it's not as much a conflict of interests :lol

But I hope we get him. He's a good player and I think he has a great chance to be a top QB in this League for many many years.

IronMexican
04-18-2009, 08:45 PM
I'd always root for the Seahawks over KC or Denver. I remember the last year the Seahawks were in the AFC, 99, the Raiders eliminated KC for Seattle to get in.

Purple & Gold
04-18-2009, 09:26 PM
Yeah I remember that I was a Raider fan that day. I've always hated KC and Denver the most of all. Seahawks and Raiders would always split every year. It was always a tough matchup.

NewJerSpur
04-18-2009, 11:24 PM
It was on sportscenter yesterday morning. It could be smokescreen to up the value of the pick to trade down, but I think they are gonna draft him if they don't get the trade package they want. It makes sense Hass can't play forever he's getting older, the Seahawks don't have any huge holes that can be fixed with that pick, Sanchez is very good at those short touch passes that we like to run, and the knock on him about only starting 1 year is not a big deal since he'll be on the bench for 1 or 2 years before he starts. Makes alot of sense but so does trading down for Moreno. Either way I'm happy.

Wow. I'm warming up to the idea myself.

1) He has too much value (even as a bargaining chip in a trade) not to acquire.

2) You're right in that there are no holes that wouldn't be considered a reach at #4.

3) If we keep him he may just be the franchise QB for years to come, and we might even be able to make a trade involving Hass if he's ready to go in 2010 (the final year of Matt's contract I believe).

4) Keeps us from drafting Crabtree. :lol

:toast

Purple & Gold
04-18-2009, 11:38 PM
I agree on all your points especially the Crabtree one. I think he will be a very good NFL player, but that injury has scared me off. We can pick up a WR later in the first day. But yeah it's the smart move and all the teams are big fans of Sanchez. The Redskins are said to be going after him hard and rumor has it they want to trade with us or KC to get him. Next week can't come fast enough so I can see what happens with that pick.

NewJerSpur
04-18-2009, 11:44 PM
I agree on all your points especially the Crabtree one. I think he will be a very good NFL player, but that injury has scared me off. We can pick up a WR later in the first day. But yeah it's the smart move and all the teams are big fans of Sanchez. The Redskins are said to be going after him hard and rumor has it they want to trade with us or KC to get him. Next week can't come fast enough so I can see what happens with that pick.

Same here on all points....I just hope I'm still watching basketball as well at that time so it's a win-win. :lol I'm hoping Ruskell keeps an eye out for Robiskie, even if he has to reach a bit.

Purple & Gold
04-18-2009, 11:47 PM
Robiskie is good I like that move and u know Ruskell has his eye on him. He's not afraid to reach and it's paid off for him than once.

IronMexican
04-18-2009, 11:48 PM
Even if Washington trades up for Sanchez, you guys get Aaron Curry! Him and Tatupu would be fun to watch.

Purple & Gold
04-19-2009, 12:03 AM
Leroy Hill ain't no joke neither. Tatupu, Hill, and Curry damn that's a mean linebacking core.

NewJerSpur
04-19-2009, 12:04 AM
Robiskie is good I like that move and u know Ruskell has his eye on him. He's not afraid to reach and it's paid off for him than once.

:toast That's what I'm thinking P&G. Did you see him on the NFL Network the other day with Housh talking routes. Mere coincidence or a prelude to the future of our WR corps? I'd like to think the latter of the two myself.

NewJerSpur
04-19-2009, 12:06 AM
Even if Washington trades up for Sanchez, you guys get Aaron Curry! Him and Tatupu would be fun to watch.

He might be gone by the time they get to us in Washington's spot. The concern about that that I've been hearing is that it might be a lot of money to reinvest into the LB group. Now if he can also be moved to DE, we might be onto something.

Purple & Gold
04-19-2009, 12:19 AM
:toast That's what I'm thinking P&G. Did you see him on the NFL Network the other day with Housh talking routes. Mere coincidence or a prelude to the future of our WR corps? I'd like to think the latter of the two myself.

No I didn't see it, sounds interesting. But I could definitely see him in a Seahawk uniform. I hope Housh will finally bring some stability to our WR corps. Engram was good but not good enough and Branch hasn't done shit yet. Branch better step it up this year.

NewJerSpur
04-19-2009, 12:22 AM
No I didn't see it, sounds interesting. But I could definitely see him in a Seahawk uniform. I hope Housh will finally bring some stability to our WR corps. Engram was good but not good enough and Branch hasn't done shit yet. Branch better step it up this year.

As long as he doesn't step to hard, he might hurt something else, lol. Engram was solid and hopefully Housh can be that and a little more. Look it up on NFL.com when you get time. Sure was sweet to see them together....would be even sweeter with them both wearing blue & green?

Purple & Gold
04-19-2009, 12:37 AM
Nice I'll check it out and I liked Engram alot but he was already old and was not a deep threat at all. He was money in the middle of the field though. I'm gonna miss those sure hands. Many times he was the only Seahawk WR that could catch the ball. Still lots of question marks for me with the WR corps. Is there any Seahawk boards u post on, or just talk NFL here? I've found some but I just lurk a little don't post on them.

IronMexican
04-19-2009, 12:42 AM
It's a great pick no matter what for Seattle. If the Rams get Curry and Chiefs get Smith, Seattle has Sanchez. If STL gets Smith and the Chiefs trade with the Skins, Curry is there. If the Rams get Curry and KC trades with the Skins, Rams get the best LT in Smith. All 3 are great picks.

NewJerSpur
04-19-2009, 12:56 AM
You wanna know what REALLY is a great pic....GIANNA MICHAELS BABY!!!

Purple & Gold
04-19-2009, 12:57 AM
Is that who that is cause she's fine as hell

Purple & Gold
04-19-2009, 12:58 AM
It's a great pick no matter what for Seattle. If the Rams get Curry and Chiefs get Smith, Seattle has Sanchez. If STL gets Smith and the Chiefs trade with the Skins, Curry is there. If the Rams get Curry and KC trades with the Skins, Rams get the best LT in Smith. All 3 are great picks.

Yup Seahawks looking good going into next week. No huge holes so we can draft BPA

NewJerSpur
04-19-2009, 01:00 AM
Is that who that is cause she's fine as hell

YES SIR (the bottom pic).

The Seahawks actually have leverage in this draft. The 4-12 season wasn't all for naught!!!

Purple & Gold
04-19-2009, 01:01 AM
Ohhhh wait it's this girl damn those are huge

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_CyQdKY8Z8aQ/SSgWiJR5fqI/AAAAAAAACmM/1oLTuaPaMOA/s400/045.jpg

IronMexican
04-19-2009, 01:02 AM
Top: Hitomi Tanaka

Bottom: Gianna

NewJerSpur
04-19-2009, 01:03 AM
I know Gianna's are natural, but what about the other (man, Seahawk threads are the BEST of all football teams, lol).

IronMexican
04-19-2009, 01:04 AM
They're real.

NewJerSpur
04-19-2009, 01:05 AM
Positively?

Purple & Gold
04-19-2009, 01:05 AM
YES SIR (the bottom pic).

I don't see it. Only see one but I googled her and yeah she is fine as hell

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/f3/Gianna_Michaels_4.jpg

Purple & Gold
04-19-2009, 01:07 AM
Top: Hitomi Tanaka

Bottom: Gianna

I only see one pic, but it's such a good view I'm not complaining :lol

NewJerSpur
04-19-2009, 03:08 AM
And can anyone guess where miss Michaels happens to be from......times up. Drumroll please: SEATTLE!!! It makes mention of her in this thread all the more relevant. Man, there are nuggets hidden all over this bad boy.