PDA

View Full Version : Pop Blew a Chance to Deal Psychological Death Blow Tonight

Aggie Hoopsfan
03-09-2005, 11:25 PM
Last three minutes of the game, Tony got exactly ONE shot attempt, out of the eight the Spurs had.

We ran four down through Massenberg on three of our last eight possessions. Why?

Robert Horry and Beno played exactly ZERO minutes in the fourth.

Why?

ducks
03-09-2005, 11:26 PM
I think tony had to ran out of gas
that is the only logical answer
otherwise not smart coaching

Aggie Hoopsfan
03-09-2005, 11:27 PM
If Tony was out of gas,

1) why was he in there?
2) why no plays for Devin?

Dumb.

Walton Buys Off Me
03-09-2005, 11:28 PM
We wouldn't be having this discussion if we won the game. Massenburg was playing pretty well- save the blown dunk. Parker was tits-on-a-bull-useless in the fourth, wasn't penetrating, driving or creating shots for anyone- that is not Pop's fault, that's just laziness from a guy that hasn't proved to be clutch yet in his career.

ShoogarBear
03-09-2005, 11:31 PM
Laziness?

Guy played 38 minutes, had 31 shots, played decent D on Nash, and had to dodge the bricks coming out of Barry's mitts.

Probably exhausted.

Aggie Hoopsfan
03-09-2005, 11:31 PM
How can Parker drive and penetrate when he's got Tmass camped in the damn lane every play?

Walton Buys Off Me
03-09-2005, 11:32 PM
Exhausted from what? He's 22 years old.

Shawn Marion played 40 minutes tonight (his season average by the way) and he's 26.

Aggie Hoopsfan
03-09-2005, 11:36 PM
Shawn Marion plays 40 every night, he's used to it.

Walton obviously hasn't ever played competetive sports.

ShoogarBear
03-09-2005, 11:36 PM
Marion also didn't play last night.

Kori Ellis
03-10-2005, 01:41 AM
I didn't understand Beno getting so few minutes tonight with Tony/Barry/Devin getting so many and obviously being tired by the 4th. Throwing a few more minutes Beno's way could have saved Parker's legs for the 4th.

san antonio spurs
03-10-2005, 01:52 AM
I didn't understand Beno getting so few minutes tonight with Tony/Barry/Devin getting so many and obviously being tired by the 4th. Throwing a few more minutes Beno's way could have saved Parker's legs for the 4th.
beno got killed when he was in the game,u saw it.
pop even called a time out after that.
________
Hotgirltina (http://www.girlcamfriend.com/cam/hotgirltina/)

Kori Ellis
03-10-2005, 02:07 AM
beno got killed when he was in the game,u saw it.
pop even called a time out after that.

Yeah I realize that. But they could have tried to use Beno just a little more to try to save Tony's legs. Beno couldn't do much worse than Brent Barry.

Aggie Hoopsfan
03-10-2005, 02:08 AM
Killed? Shit. Massenberg and Horry gave up to 44 to Amare, Pop didn't bench them.

Medvedenko
03-10-2005, 10:38 AM
It's a moral victory in that Manu and Tim didn't play...serioulsy folks...this was part of the design...having the suns beat you at home without 2 stars doesn't really instill confidence in themselves. It's all Pop's plan...all great coaches do this, yes I know they're "injured" but losing to the suns with TD and Manu would have been a huge confidence boost to them. So let's sit them out, maybe lose, put up a good fight and get reloaded for playoffs.