PDA

View Full Version : LOLfail @ Espn headline:

Cry Havoc
03-03-2009, 02:38 AM
"LeBron beats Wade"

Gee, ESPN, don't let a thing like a team sport of 5 on 5 basketball get in the way of your balls-deep glory obsession over superstars.

It's funny, and at the same time it makes me sick. Not surprised, mind you. Just incredibly annoyed.

m33p0
03-03-2009, 02:45 AM
shows you everything that is wrong with nba today.

KidCongo
03-03-2009, 02:45 AM
I'm sure there has been a headline before saying Duncan beats so and so, or Parker, Manu etc.

Why not show off the stars, I don't come watch games to see Wally wave a towel.

Mugen
03-03-2009, 02:47 AM
I'm sure there has been a headline before saying Duncan beats so and so, or Parker, Manu etc.

not really. The only ESPN headline i can remember that had anything to do with the spurs was:

"Lebron gets swept"

Cry Havoc
03-03-2009, 02:48 AM

Huge difference between:

Duncan leads Spurs in rout over Cavs.

OR

Parker's 26 points lead Spurs to rout of Clippers.

OR

Player of week West leads Hornets past Sixers.

and

LeBron beats Wade. Wow, I didn't know All-stars played 1 on 1 pickup games on national television during the season! :pctoss

Also, if we're just going to show off the stars, would you mind giving us Mo Williams and Big Z? I mean, since LeBron scored all 107 of his team's points tonight, got all the rebounds, and just in general didn't need his squad to do a damn thing on the floor, you guys don't need those players, right? So don't give them any credit and just ship the ones you don't want to San Antonio, all 14 of them. We'll make their contracts work and you can watch 1 on 5 basketball for the rest of the season, since clearly all you care about is "star power".

der Kaiser
03-03-2009, 02:51 AM

Because its about the front of the jersey and not the back.

Xylus
03-03-2009, 02:51 AM
Good call, Cry Havoc. ESPN's never been focused on the team aspect of basketball...it's always been about individual performance and accolades.

KidCongo
03-03-2009, 03:00 AM
It's not in big letters, in the video highlights box small box where you can't fit much more than 3 words. On the side in my headlines it has: LeBron has 42, Wade 41 as Cavs rally in the 4th.

KidCongo
not really. The only espn headline i can remember that had anything to do with the spurs was:

"lebron gets swept"

4 ring f@#$^$

m33p0
not really. The only ESPN headline i can remember that had anything to do with the spurs was:

"Lebron gets swept"
:lmao:lmao:lmao

Behrooz24
03-03-2009, 03:09 AM
What's the big deal? Two of the biggest names in the NBA both played great. You're getting your panties in a bunch over that?!

Cry Havoc
03-03-2009, 03:10 AM
It's not in big letters, in the video highlights box small box where you can't fit much more than 3 words. On the side in my headlines it has: LeBron has 42, Wade 41 as Cavs rally in the 4th.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v116/whisperingstorm/lebron.jpg

Wow, you're right. They're being incredibly subtle about it. I withdraw my claim about ESPN being about stars instead of teams. :rolleyes

How about this for three words? "Cavs beat Heat." How cool, it even rhymes!

MambaJuice2408
03-03-2009, 03:25 AM

"Lebron gets swept"

HAHA very true.

Or if somebody else gets MVP:

"Lebron doesn't win MVP"

Cry Havoc
03-03-2009, 03:29 AM
HAHA very true.

Or if somebody else gets MVP:

"Lebron doesn't win MVP"

More than likely, you'd see something along the lines of:

WADE WINS MVP AWARD!

Heat swept in 4 by Celtics.

MacGyver
03-03-2009, 05:32 AM
Even nba.com's Top 5 plays it's all about LeBron and Wade! Where are the top plays from other games? :madrun

dirk4mvp
03-03-2009, 11:03 AM
Huge difference between:

OR

OR

and

LeBron beats Wade. Wow, I didn't know All-stars played 1 on 1 pickup games on national television during the season! :pctoss

Also, if we're just going to show off the stars, would you mind giving us Mo Williams and Big Z? I mean, since LeBron scored all 107 of his team's points tonight, got all the rebounds, and just in general didn't need his squad to do a damn thing on the floor, you guys don't need those players, right? So don't give them any credit and just ship the ones you don't want to San Antonio, all 14 of them. We'll make their contracts work and you can watch 1 on 5 basketball for the rest of the season, since clearly all you care about is "star power".

Well in probably what was the longest highlight I've ever seen after they showed almost every bucket each one scored, they finally showed Mo hitting a 3 towards the end :toast

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-03-2009, 11:20 AM
Huge difference between:

OR

OR

and

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

Gotta love the idiots that think the NBA is better when the headlines are about players rather than about teams.