PDA

View Full Version : Pops not dressed in Clippers game : he's the man out ?

venitian navigator
03-03-2009, 05:22 AM
Just looked at the box score...
If we sign Gooden, supposedly he will be the man out.
That's kind of sad 'cause I like the dunking guy...and think he could give us something we really need (strong running body, athleticism, rebounding).

ChumpDumper
03-03-2009, 05:26 AM
We could have beaten the Clippers had he played.

Spork KIller
03-03-2009, 05:26 AM
The Suns will pick him up real quick too bad the spurms always go for the geriatric crappy scrub players...

Just let Pops go... you boring mother fuckers don't deserve to have this guy.

ChumpDumper
03-03-2009, 05:27 AM
When did you stop being a rocketfan?

Did you think somehow the Suns would do better if you switched?

Spork KIller
03-03-2009, 05:28 AM
I've never been a rockets fan you asshole!

ChumpDumper
03-03-2009, 05:29 AM
Of course you have.

Is this the way you thought your life was going to turn out?

benefactor
03-03-2009, 05:31 AM
That would make sense. I am guessing they already have some sort of verbal agreement in place with Gooden, so there is no need for Pops to play since he will be waived.

Spork KIller
03-03-2009, 05:31 AM
what a dumbass!

just like timvp's bitch...whott

ChumpDumper
03-03-2009, 05:32 AM
Really, you've obviously gone through great pains in order to to be an internets douchebag.

Are you proud of this?

Spork KIller
03-03-2009, 05:33 AM
whatever dumbass!

ChumpDumper
03-03-2009, 05:34 AM
Not whatever -- why do you spend so much time here?

Bruno
03-03-2009, 06:53 AM
Pops is mainly a player for next year.
The problem is that next year Spurs will likely have Gist and Mahinmi under contract. Pops, Gist and Mahinmi are mobile athletic bigmen but Gist has a jump shot and Mahinmi is almost a 7 footer. To me, Pops looks like the less interesting player of the bunch.

porscha
03-03-2009, 07:08 AM
maybe pop just don't like cocky mouthering guy.
a guy with I,I,I, just won't works for him.

TDMVPDPOY
03-03-2009, 07:24 AM
The problem is that next year Spurs will likely have Gist and Mahinmi under contract. Pops, Gist and Mahinmi are mobile athletic bigmen but Gist has a jump shot and Mahinmi is almost a 7 footer. To me, Pops looks like the less interesting player of the bunch.

havin a frontline of gists/mahinmi/pops too many good young players, dunno how to spread the minutes around....small ball will be fun if these 3 players can work together with ginoboli/GHILL backcourt :D:D:D

Rogue
03-03-2009, 07:34 AM
The Suns will pick him up real quick too bad the spurms always go for the geriatric crappy scrub players...

:lmao

weebo
03-03-2009, 07:37 AM
he plays no defense...that's a killer right there for POP...and at 6'8" you better be able to hit a jump shot consistently

Mr.Bottomtooth
03-03-2009, 07:49 AM

:tu

mystargtr34
03-03-2009, 08:03 AM
Lol @ ChumpDumper continuously owning Sporkiller

exstatic
03-03-2009, 08:46 AM
Lol @ ChumpDumper continuously owning Sporkiller

Sadly, all CD is doing is pointing our how much louis owns himself.

buttsR4rebounding
03-03-2009, 08:53 AM

Yes, he can fill that void left by the departure of Sean Marks...:wow

TheProfessor
03-03-2009, 08:59 AM
Of course you have.

Spurstalk troll is probably a step up for him.

underdawg
03-03-2009, 09:22 AM

Help me out on this. Why is he a player just for next year? I understand he's raw and there's little offense to go with him, but what he does have you can't coach or develop and we need it this year. I'm not saying he's a good defender, but he could be adequate for a stretch. He's quick enough to fill the lane and to rotate to weakside help against some of the quicker players that we face - bigs and guards. I don't see any other options out there for us to fill that need (hopefully I'm wrong,) so why get rid of him so soon?

Bruno
03-03-2009, 09:50 AM
Help me out on this. Why is he a player just for next year?

Without Gooden, Pops could have maybe played short stints against some quick bigs.

With Gooden and even if Spurs waive Vaughn to keep Pops, Pops won't get playing time this year.

underdawg
03-03-2009, 09:56 AM
Without Gooden, Pops could have maybe played short stints against some quick bigs.

With Gooden and even if Spurs waive Vaughn to keep Pops, Pops won't get playing time this year.

That's why I can't see the good of this signing. Gooden doesn't bring enough to the table to offset what he'll ultimately lack - we need defense.

Bruno
03-03-2009, 09:58 AM
That's why I can't see the good of this signing. Gooden doesn't bring enough to the table to offset what he'll ultimately lack - we need defense.

and Pops will improve significantly Spurs' defense this year ?

underdawg
03-03-2009, 10:01 AM
and Pops will improve significantly Spurs' defense this year ?

It's not about improving it significantly - it's about improving it at all. That's our biggest weakness right now and if there's a player that can improve it the slightest bit, we need him in the lineup somehow. You can't throw offense at the Spurs system to overcome defensive woes.

underdawg
03-03-2009, 10:03 AM
Doesn't even have to be Pops - if we can find anyone available that can help our interior defense by all means go get him. Don't settle for a good bargain that doesn't address the issue.

Bruno
03-03-2009, 10:09 AM
Doesn't even have to be Pops - if we can find anyone available that can help our interior defense by all means go get him. Don't settle for a good bargain that doesn't address the issue.

Like Who ?

If you can't find a player that improves your defense, you take a player that improve your offense over a player that won't improve it.

And Spurs are 4th in defensive efficiency and 15th in offensive efficiency. A player that would improve Spurs offense isn't a luxury.

Spursmania
03-03-2009, 10:10 AM

He's a closet Spurs fans living vicariously through us...:hat

Chomag
03-03-2009, 10:32 AM
Pops hasn't played any worse defense then some of our current bigs have played at times. Yes we all know he is not a great player yet but he provides something that we don't have from our current player. A willingness to get in there in traffic and provide energy and beastly ability to finish strong at the rim. Honestly his defense has not been that bad.

Seriously, some of you seem to think every one of our player needs to be elite NBA all-star starter material that has to play 30+ minutes or else they do not belong. This guy can give currently give us a solid 10 or maybe 15 minutes a game for those times in the game when his skill set is needed.

In his VERY LIMITED time he has proven he has the ability to give us some production. His stats in just a quarter of play have been just as good, and if not better then some of our other bigs that play about 25-30 minutes of play on some nights.

underdawg
03-03-2009, 10:34 AM
Like Who ?

If you can't find a player that improves your defense, you take a player that improve your offense over a player that won't improve it.

And Spurs are 4th in defensive efficiency and 15th in offensive efficiency. A player that would improve Spurs offense isn't a luxury.

Where do we rank on points allowed in the paint? With the way we play defense, it would be unlikely for us to be one of the top offensive teams. When have we ever relied on offense from a big other than Duncan (not including DRob?)

m33p0
03-03-2009, 10:35 AM
Pops hasn't played any worse defense then some of our current bigs at times. Yes we all know he is not a great player yet but he provides something that we don't have from our current player. A willingness to get in there in traffic and provide energy and beastly ability to finish strong at the rim. Honestly his defense has not been that bad.

Seriously, some of you seem to think every one of our player needs to be elite NBA all-star starter material that has to play 30+ minutes or else they do not belong. This guy can give currently give us a solid 10 or maybe 15 minutes a game for those times in the game when his skill set is needed.

In his VERY LIMITED time he has proven he has the ability to give us some production. His stats in just a quarter of play have been just as good, and if not better then some of our other bigs that play about 25-30 minutes of play on some nights.
... against scrubs. it's already march. the time to see if a d-leaguer has it in him to be a contributor in the long run is over. now is the time to solidify the rotation and the roles of each player.

nkdlunch
03-03-2009, 10:39 AM
let's get some fact straight:
Pops = good DLeague player
Gooden = decent NBA player

Gooden >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Pops

Bruno
03-03-2009, 10:43 AM
Where do we rank on points allowed in the paint? With the way we play defense, it would be unlikely for us to be one of the top offensive teams. When have we ever relied on offense from a big other than Duncan (not including DRob?)

Spurs are 5th in points in the paint allowed.

Chomag
03-03-2009, 10:51 AM
... against scrubs. it's already march. the time to see if a d-leaguer has it in him to be a contributor in the long run is over. now is the time to solidify the rotation and the roles of each player.

Maybe. I wish he would have gotten a couple of meaningfull minutes duiring his 10 day to see if his play was just a fluke. I don't know why we even get 10 day contracts if that player never is realy even going to get a chance.

Agloco
03-03-2009, 11:01 AM
he plays no defense...that's a killer right there for POP...and at 6'8" you better be able to hit a jump shot consistently

I wouldn't say none. Didn't he send Gibson's shit into the seats? Very unrefined I'd say, and not enough presence for Popvich's liking either way.

I'm excited about his future though, once Pop puts him through some intense defensive training. 2 years from now he could find himself filling a similar role to the one Bruce had with us.

SenorSpur
03-03-2009, 11:09 AM
I wouldn't say none. Didn't he send Gibson's shit into the seats? Very unrefined I'd say, and not enough presence for Popvich's liking either way.

I'm excited about his future though, once Pop puts him through some intense defensive training. 2 years from now he could find himself filling a similar role to the one Bruce had with us.

...unless some other team grabs him when the Spurs waive him to make room for Gooden.

dbestpro
03-03-2009, 12:12 PM
I heard Spork KIller wanted the Suns to sign Luther Head and then waive him again cause he wanted to give Head to the rest of the NBA.

buttsR4rebounding
03-03-2009, 03:33 PM
I heard Spork KIller wanted the Suns to sign Luther Head and then waive him again cause he wanted to give Head to the rest of the NBA.
:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin

PDXSpursFan
03-03-2009, 03:44 PM
let's get some fact straight:
Pops = good dleague player
gooden = decent nba player

gooden >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> pops
+1

Rain318
03-03-2009, 03:48 PM
Yea i checked the box score to
and i didnt see his name
His spurs career is coming to an end
Kinda saw it coming tho
:depressed

angelbelow
03-03-2009, 04:19 PM

i think its because hes actually a spurs fan and hes providing entertainment for his fellow fans.

LockBeard
03-03-2009, 05:34 PM
Of course you have.

:rollin

exstatic
03-03-2009, 07:52 PM
Maybe. I wish he would have gotten a couple of meaningfull minutes duiring his 10 day to see if his play was just a fluke. I don't know why we even get 10 day contracts if that player never is realy even going to get a chance.

Early auditions for next year. If we'd have had tax room a couple of years ago to do this, maybe Kelanna Azabuike would be a Spur.

Austin_Toros
03-03-2009, 09:07 PM

Really? Who knows when Mahinmi will return and actually play before re-injuring himself again. And Pops is quite athletic himself.