PDA

View Full Version : Tony Parker is a 3/4 player

SuperManu!!!
03-09-2005, 11:36 PM
Don't get me wrong, i respect a lot TP, but in the last quarter he didn't hit a single shot. And i never saw him rise his game in the 4th quarter but only a few times. Although, at the 3rd quarter he usually haves his prime time. Should Pop start using udrih a little bit more?

stéphane
03-09-2005, 11:38 PM
man he had the team on his shoulder for three whole Qs...
his type of game is really demanding on energy...

Aggie Hoopsfan
03-09-2005, 11:39 PM
Don't get me wrong, but if you want to bitch about Parker, bitch about Pop running two whole plays for him the entire fourth quarter.

The last two minutes of the game we went to Massenberg three times and Barry twice. All Tony got to do on those five possessions was pass them the ball.

WTF is that about?

boutons
03-09-2005, 11:39 PM
no, Tony has no-showed in too many 4th qtrs. It's just a defect he has to correct. He hit 30, great, loose jump shooting like we haven't seen in a while, but we needed 40.

1Parker1
03-09-2005, 11:41 PM
Get real. When you are surrounded by Tony Mass and Brent Barry in the 4th Quarter of a close game against the second best team in the NBA without Tim Duncan and Manu by your side and with refs who need to have their eyes checked, MR. 4TH Quarter is not going to happen.

Spurminator
03-09-2005, 11:41 PM
Tony has been fine in fourth quarters. I don't know where you people are getting this crap. It's as though someone mentioned it while Tony was having a bad fourth one game and a bunch of people started watching for it and echoing the sentiment like sheep.

Maybe he only had 3 good quarters, but it was three more than the guy he was guarding had.

Aggie Hoopsfan
03-09-2005, 11:42 PM
Tony doesn't do much in the fourth quarters because the majority of plays are run for Tim and Manu. Duh.

Usually the first and third are Tony's quarters.

stéphane
03-09-2005, 11:43 PM
Tony doesn't do much in the fourth quarters because the majority of plays are run for Tim and Manu. Duh.

Usually the first and third are Tony's quarters.
rested = fresh leggs = can play a lot on his quickness

Manu20
03-09-2005, 11:45 PM
Tony Parker got tired thats it.

Aggie Hoopsfan
03-09-2005, 11:53 PM
It doesn't have anything to do with being rested, our offensive game plan differs from quarter to quarter stephane.

In quarters 1 and 3, we run a lot of pick and roll ball featuring Tony.

In the second, we usually have motion, pick and roll with the bench guys and Rasho, and then the O is run through Manu while he is in and Duncan's out.

In the fourth, we do a lot more of posting up Tim, as well as running iso sets for Manu.

I'm sorry this is lost on the haters.

stéphane
03-09-2005, 11:56 PM
It doesn't have anything to do with being rested, our offensive game plan differs from quarter to quarter stephane.

In quarters 1 and 3, we run a lot of pick and roll ball featuring Tony.

In the second, we usually have motion, pick and roll with the bench guys and Rasho, and then the O is run through Manu while he is in and Duncan's out.

In the fourth, we do a lot more of posting up Tim, as well as running iso sets for Manu.

I'm sorry this is lost on the haters.
yeah understand but my english is a bit to poor at 6am to give such a class explanation :lol

Kori Ellis
03-10-2005, 01:29 AM
"Me, personally, I ran out of gas in the fourth quarter," Parker said. "I had no legs."

Aggie Hoopsfan
03-10-2005, 01:39 AM
Damn, well I guess I'll go stick my head in the sand for a while now. :lol

milkyway21
03-10-2005, 02:28 AM
Don't get me wrong, i respect a lot TP, but in the last quarter he didn't hit a single shot. And i never saw him rise his game in the 4th quarter but only a few times. Although, at the 3rd quarter he usually haves his prime time. Should Pop start using udrih a little bit more? :rolleyes

i guess it was not lack of effort...

"Me, personally, I ran out of gas in the fourth quarter," Parker said. "I had no legs."

but i agree on Udrih playing more minutes. THen shoot 3s in the end, bec Brent just completely disappeared :cry

T Park
03-10-2005, 02:46 AM
nd Barry twice.

I agree, anytime Brent Barry takes shots away from everyone else, its a minus.

Brent Barry = Tits on a bull

AFE7FATMAN
03-10-2005, 03:07 AM
Mind if I jump on the Anti Berry Bandwagon.

He hasn't lived up to the Hype and IMO Won't
He need to go and he should take Tony Mass with him.

I can't blame TP for this loss I blame POP
I now he wasn't on the floor, but look who he put on the floor and what
plays he ran.

I would think he would get his rotations down by now and IMO
Massenberg and Berry belong on the bench and I'm not real sure they
would be on the playoff roster.
BTW Maybe there was a good reason TM was not on his teams playoff roster last year.

I really expect Denver to come here saturday and have George Karl outcoach POP and
steal a game.

SuperManu!!!
03-10-2005, 09:23 AM
wow, the thread title was right on the money. good job supermanu.

Thanks flash :elephant

Jimcs50
03-10-2005, 09:51 AM
TP got off two shots, and the last one under the basket cost me another $50. I had OVER 208.5 and his basket would have brought the total to 210, but noooooo, the little French pastry had to miss the gimmie....... :cuss

:)

j/k about the pastry...TP is a warrior but playing back to back and having to carry the team the 2nd night is tough, and perhaps only a few players could have maintained stellar play that late in the game under the circumstances.

I'll say one thing, TP is a lot stonger than he was a year ago. Good thing there are no back to backs in playoffs(unless aBC pulls that Sat and Sunday BS again)

ducks
03-10-2005, 10:03 AM
I find it funny the people that started this thread are manu lovers and do not think tp is that great
tp has had successfully 4 quarters. But tony is not used to shooting 31 times in a game. tony can build more minutes but this game was back to back and duncan and manu do not always bring it back to back.
I know manu usally plays better the first night on a back to back because it wears on him

MaNuMaNiAc
03-10-2005, 10:16 AM
I find it funny the people that started this thread are manu lovers and do not think tp is that great
tp has had successfully 4 quarters. But tony is not used to shooting 31 times in a game. tony can build more minutes but this game was back to back and duncan and manu do not always bring it back to back.
I know manu usally plays better the first night on a back to back because it wears on himI'm sorry Ducks but YOU'RE the one making it about TP and Manu!!! Jesus!! the guy has a reasonable point! Parker was tired in the fourth yesterday, so why not give Beno a try!?? Why don't you quit being an ass. Nobody is saying TP is bad, they're just saying maybe Beno could have done a better job in the fourth; it has nothing to do with Manu.

Useruser666
03-10-2005, 10:56 AM
Parker played awsome last night. If you are dissapointed he didn't win the game in the fourth quarter, then you're probably dissapointed that '99 wasn't a sweep.

jcrod
03-10-2005, 11:41 AM
I'm sorry Ducks but YOU'RE the one making it about TP and Manu!!! Jesus!! the guy has a reasonable point! Parker was tired in the fourth yesterday, so why not give Beno a try!?? Why don't you quit being an ass. Nobody is saying TP is bad, they're just saying maybe Beno could have done a better job in the fourth; it has nothing to do with Manu.

No he doesn't have a reasonable point. His thread says he's a 3/4 player, and he starts off saying he's never good in the 4th. So no this thread is bullshit. This was a second game of a b-b and TP was carrying the team.

Freaking Pop was calling the plays and for SOME damn reason wanted to go to Mass. I know he was trying to foul out Amare, but you have to go with what kept you in the game. High pick and roll.

TP was killing them and POP didn't run it once, go figure.

BTW Pop pulled Beno, for making some bone headed moves, and passing into Mass, when he had two guys on him was the last straw. You go with your best players at the end.

And ducks has a small point, it always seems to be the same people. Manu$#)$, Gino$)#*%, in the names that start these types of thread.

SuperManu!!!
03-10-2005, 11:52 AM
No he doesn't have a reasonable point. His thread says he's a 3/4 player, and he starts off saying he's never good in the 4th. So no this thread is bullshit. This was a second game of a b-b and TP was carrying the team.

Freaking Pop was calling the plays and for SOME damn reason wanted to go to Mass. I know he was trying to foul out Amare, but you have to go with what kept you in the game. High pick and roll.

TP was killing them and POP didn't run it once, go figure.

BTW Pop pulled Beno, for making some bone headed moves, and passing into Mass, when he had two guys on him was the last straw. You go with your best players at the end.

And ducks has a small point, it always seems to be the same people. Manu$#)$, Gino$)#*%, in the names that start these types of thread.

God forgive us for saying something wrong about parker!!! :pctoss I never said that Parker was a crappy player, we are lucky to have him; but i just think that beno should play more. Now, if you want to compare it with manu, I remember the spurs lakers of last year...even in 2 OT he still had gas to play.

waly.mg
03-10-2005, 12:15 PM
Tony Parker is Like Randy Johnson, Roger Clemmens, Curt Schilling or Pedro Martinez

He is an Opener not a Saver, he need some guys in the Bullpen, like Eric Gagne or Mariano Rivera to close the games

wildbill2u
03-10-2005, 12:22 PM
Don't get me wrong, i respect a lot TP, but in the last quarter he didn't hit a single shot. And i never saw him rise his game in the 4th quarter but only a few times. Although, at the 3rd quarter he usually haves his prime time. Should Pop start using udrih a little bit more?

I've noticed that Tony runs out of gas in the fourth in a lot of games. He'll have great games in 1-3 quarters but nothing in the last. I think it's a problem of endurance/energy. He's really a small framed guy who uses up a lot of energy with his speed and hustle.

Can they get him an energy bar on the bench?

Frenchise player
03-10-2005, 12:34 PM
Parker played every game this season unlike Tim and Manu. Moreover he said that before Manu and Tim was unavailable for the game, pop and him agreed to let him rest because he is not very well physically.
I can't understand how this thread has gone this far, we know that 4th quarter always is more Ginobili and Duncan than Parker.
If you judge him as a 3/4 player, we have the right to think you are going a bit to far.
I will never say that Barry has to start just because Manu doesn't play well in the first quarter.

jcrod
03-10-2005, 01:22 PM
You freaking people are unbelivable. Pop didn't run any plays for him in the 4th, if he would've ran the high pick and roll, you would've seen better results. Instead we see 4 down for Fing Mass and pick and roll for Barry??????????????????

Either way I bet yall didn't even notice TP also didn't have any turnovers 0. Barry was 2-7 and Brown was 3-14. We had a chance to win this, and it was only because of TP. So STFU and be happy..

TP
PTs Reb Ast Stl Trn
30 4 5 3 0

SNash
11 5 15 0 9