PDA

View Full Version : I got robbed

DarkReign
03-03-2009, 12:24 PM
Sooooo, my wife and I went to Arizona this past weekend for some R&R.

We have two dogs we do not like to board, so we usually have someone stay at the house instead. It always the same person, a lifetime friend of my wife, you would basically call him a family member. He stood up in our wedding and just to knee-cap the expected response, he is most certainly gay, so no, he isnt sleeping with my wife.

Anyway, we left him in charge of the household. Hes a bar-fly, so him going out and getting toasty is expected.

What is not expected is for him to bring total strangers into our house.

According to his story (which I am very much in doubt at this point), he was all fucked up at the bar and wanted to take a cab home. Two twnety-something guys talk him into driving him and his car back to our house.

According to his story, he went inside and went to bed. Woke up to find his wallet missing and his cell phone. Moreover, he cant find one of our dogs.

He calls the police. The police respond to a "suicidal call" (his response to the police "i couldnt live with myself if I lost one of their dogs"). They enter the home and find the dog locked in a closet. So our two babies are fine and in good health.

Our friend, beside himself with grief, checks into rehab (wtf? really? coward...). Leaves the house as is and never calls us (nor did the cops). My wife and I are in AZ, calling him all day Sunday with no response. We know something is wrong, she speaks with him everyday, especially when he is in charge of our house.

We finally get his call at 8:00pm on Sunday (10:00 EST). He says some bullshit like I just explained and that "my computer router/modem is missing".

Obviously, we are anxious to get home after that phonecall.

We get home yesterday at 7:30 EST now knowing what to expect once inside. We got fucking robbed.

My "computer router/modem" is sitting right where it should....what is gone though, is my fucking computer. And my wife's.

And her 20 or so Coach purses.

Oh yeah, and my Xbox 360, my PS3, my Wii, my surround sound system and any number of games/accesories (they actually searched the house for the Wii nunchuks and took those too, they werent with the other gaming shit).

Obviously, I call the police to come back out immediately. Nice deputy shows up. Goes through the motions, makes a few phonecalls to our now suddenly sick, depressed and severly medicated "friend".

Our friend says he didnt invite them in, that the must have followed him through the garage and got in. I call bullshit, there are multiple filled ashtrays and 3 seperate kinds of pop cans in the basement.

I think our "friend" got to bragging at a bar that he was house-sitting his friends nice house and caught the ear of interested criminals. They probably pulled some info out of him about how long we were gone, etc etc. They play nice guy and offer a ride home. Our "friend" then invites them inside for a couple drinks (fucking asshole), as he is already shit-faced, he doesnt last long and passes out wherever.

So these guys go about the house checking things out, seeing whats valuable, and start unloading shit. They took everything out our back door (which makes no sense) and walk around the side of the house.

Oddly, the took a dog cage outside and left it out there (this, I dont understand, unless they thought about stealing one of our dogs).

The cops are coming over today (after I get out of work) to take finger prints on some areas of the house. I hope one of those thieves have a drunk driving or some other offense that required finger prints, because theyre everywhere in certain areas.

So, all in all, our losses look like this...

(20+) Coach/Louis Vuitton purses/handbags/wallets = ~$10k+
(1) Bad-ass, liquid cooled, custom painted computer = $7k
(1) One generic Dell computer = ~$2k
Xbox 360, 4 games, 2 controllers and a charge station = ~$700
PS3, 2 controllers and a charge station = ~$600
Wii system, 4 controller, 2 nunchuks, 2 charge stations = ~$500
All my HDMI cables, Component cables = ~$200
JVC surround sound system = $800 (5 years old)
Total: ~$22,000.00

It isnt so much the material shit that pisses me off, its the information on the computers, the personal work unfinished on said computers, all the crap that can be used against us later, down the road. I mean, with my computer alone, I might want to consider my identity being stolen at some point in the future.

To the Motherfuckers who stole my shit and are probably playing my fucking games right now and going through the "Favorites" of Internet Explorer seeing what kind of person I am...

I'll see you soon. Real soon. I really dont want any of my shit back....keep it. But I'd sure like to meet you. Do you want to meet me?

Fucking cowards.

Frenzy
03-03-2009, 12:29 PM
dude that's really messed up. i hope they find them. u have insurance?

Dex
03-03-2009, 12:32 PM
That really sucks. Condolences, man.

There are some really shitty people out there. I can't really blame you for being upset with your friend; regardless of whether or not he meant for this to happen, part of the responsibility of house sitting is to make sure this sort of shit doesn't happen.

Best of luck. Hopefully they are able to track something down on the losers that did it; criminals tend to be too dumb to cover their tracks a lot of the time.

TDMVPDPOY
03-03-2009, 12:36 PM
you got home and contents insurance?

looks like AIG will need another $22k bailout money to compensate ur losses.....

hence buy new stuff, stimulate the economy man....:D

hey those console games, dont they have a serial number on the back where u need to register if you wanna use the online services? maybe you should contact them manufactures or site if anyone tries to re-register that console online with another username? get IP recorded and get cops onto their asses.....

desflood
03-03-2009, 12:37 PM
I wonder , if you murdered your wife's friend right now for being the cause of this, you could get away with it as a "crime of passion". That might be worth considering.

SpursStalker
03-03-2009, 12:39 PM
Oh that is fucked up!!

I hope you seriously kick your "friends" ass!!

Hope you get everything straightened out.

tlongII
03-03-2009, 12:41 PM
That really sucks dude. My work laptop was stolen at a bar I frequent a few months ago, but the idiot came back to the place the following weekend and got busted! :lol So I got my laptop back within 3 weeks of it being stolen. I was lucky.

Your "friend" sounds like an idiot and I would disown him if I were you.

Spurminator
03-03-2009, 12:42 PM
Sorry to hear about this, DR. My house was robbed about two years ago. Glad your dogs are okay, that was our biggest concern as well.

The upside was that with some smart shopping with the insurance money we received for everything that was stolen, we upgraded pretty much everything we lost... So aside from the loss of our sense of security, we're better off now.

tlongII
03-03-2009, 12:47 PM
The worst part is the data on your computers that is likely lost forever.

BlackSwordsMan
03-03-2009, 12:54 PM
what's your xbox name? Check to see if they are online right now

Dex
03-03-2009, 12:59 PM
We need to have one of those message board rallies where we find this fucker's Facebook, show up at his driveway, and YouTube his arrest.

DarkReign
03-03-2009, 01:06 PM
dude that's really messed up. i hope they find them. u have insurance?

Yes, of course.

The worst part is the data on your computers that is likely lost forever.

That is exactly what cannot be replaced and what I am most concerned about.

Marcus Bryant
03-03-2009, 01:08 PM
They will eventually make a mistake.

Your friend is a douchebag and you'd probably be better off without him in your life.

At least your dogs weren't harmed.

sa_butta
03-03-2009, 01:10 PM
that sucks man, I hope they find out who did this. And I hope you or your wife checks your "friend".

mrsmaalox
03-03-2009, 01:11 PM
Oh man that really sucks. So glad your dogs are okay though. Hey I hate to be such a bitch but that sounds EXACTLY like what happened to me with a fucked up lush/cocaine addict FAG friend of mine. He was such a jerk I can't even call him "gay" because that would be too respectful. They get so obsessed with getting laid and fucked up that nothing else matters and they'll backstab anyone and then hide like a coward. In fact my friend is so much like yours---he was my wedding coordinator! I finally got tired of getting used and ripped off by him that I wrote him off, and we had been friends since childhood.
I think you should make your friend take you to that bar---there's a good chance those assholes will return.

DarkReign
03-03-2009, 01:14 PM
That really sucks. Condolences, man.

There are some really shitty people out there. I can't really blame you for being upset with your friend; regardless of whether or not he meant for this to happen, part of the responsibility of house sitting is to make sure this sort of shit doesn't happen.

Best of luck. Hopefully they are able to track something down on the losers that did it; criminals tend to be too dumb to cover their tracks a lot of the time.

Thats the entire point of having someone house-sit, is it not? I havent felt this kind of betrayal in a looong time.

Your "friend" sounds like an idiot and I would disown him if I were you.

Your friend is a douchebag and you'd probably be better off without him in your life.

Done. Little fucking coward cant even stay sober long enough to return phone calls. He's resting comfortably in his mother's lap as we speak, pumped up on Xanax and whatever-else people take who fuck up royally and cant stand to man up and take responsibility.

Depression/Personality disorder is the lamest excuse the world over. This guy is actually receiving sympathy for being a total fuck-wad. Unbelievable...un-fucking-belivable.

What I want to know is, how and where can I get a depression problem so as to not have to take responsibility for anything I say or do because I'm "sick"?

My mother does it. This asshole does it. My not-retarded, social-security-check receiving loser associate does it. I hear any number of stories about it, I read it in the news all the time about people being bipolar or whatnot as if that has anything at all to do with the fact that they hit and killed a kid while driving home from who-gives-a-shit.

I want my built-in excuse. I want that luxury...to not be a responsible adult who owns up to their mistakes, so I can run and hide under the guise of disorder when things go south because Im an impulsive douchebag with little grip on the reality of my dismal, unimportant existence.

Oh, thats right. Im better than that. Almost forgot.

DarkReign
03-03-2009, 01:14 PM
I wonder , if you murdered your wife's friend right now for being the cause of this, you could get away with it as a "crime of passion". That might be worth considering.

:lmao

Dr. Gonzo
03-03-2009, 01:16 PM
I didn't read any of it because it's a long post and I'm lazy as hell. But please pick a response that is appropriate.

1.) That sucks. Hope you feel better.
2.) Way to go!
3.) That's a great sweater. It looks warm.
4.) I had a car like that once. It gave me all sorts of problems too.
5.) :ttiwwp:

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
What bar was he at?

Bigzax
holy shit, paki is in rehab!?

i think he did this shit to mr. dio too...

tlongII
Oh man that really sucks. So glad your dogs are okay though. Hey I hate to be such a bitch but that sounds EXACTLY like what happened to me with a fucked up lush/cocaine addict FAG friend of mine. He was such a jerk I can't even call him "gay" because that would be too respectful. They get so obsessed with getting laid and fucked up that nothing else matters and they'll backstab anyone and then hide like a coward. In fact my friend is so much like yours---he was my wedding coordinator! I finally got tired of getting used and ripped off by him that I wrote him off, and we had been friends since childhood.
I think you should make your friend take you to that bar---there's a good chance those assholes will return.

That's a good point. Although it's unfortunate, your "friend" is your only hope in getting those computers back. You need to go to that bar with him and have him finger the perpetrators.

tlongII
Of course you might have to pretend to be gay to pull it off...

tlongII
03-03-2009, 01:17 PM
Not that there is anything wrong with that...

clambake
03-03-2009, 01:17 PM
no surveillance tape from the bar?

no descriptions from the "friend"?

no description of the vehicle?

DarkReign
03-03-2009, 01:18 PM
Sorry to hear about this, DR. My house was robbed about two years ago. Glad your dogs are okay, that was our biggest concern as well.

Yeah, to be honest, thats all I could think about when I was in AZ. Those two mutts. Sorry to hear the same shit happened to you.

The upside was that with some smart shopping with the insurance money we received for everything that was stolen, we upgraded pretty much everything we lost... So aside from the loss of our sense of security, we're better off now.

That issue (security) is what is hardest to deal with at the moment. Not me, I know what happened (i think). These people just had a stroke of luck and took what they wanted and left, to never come back.

Try telling that to my wife. She doesnt want to be in the house, she doesnt want to be alone, Im getting a phone call every 10 minutes at work, etc.

I feel horrible for her because I love her to death and want to make her feel safe immediately, but its just not that easy.

DarkReign
What bar was he at?

Hamlin Pub, 25 and Van Dyke

mrsmaalox
That's a good point. Although it's unfortunate, your "friend" is your only hope in getting those computers back. You need to go to that bar with him and have him finger the perpetrators.

And if there's even a remote chance he'll get "fingered" back, he'll be all for it! :lol

03-03-2009, 01:20 PM
Hamlin Pub, 25 and Van Dyke

From that place?

I call bullshit on the entire story. Nathan Lane is in on it.

DarkReign
03-03-2009, 01:21 PM

Yeah, thats my intention, but there is a problem.

They know what me and my wife look like. Remember, they have our computers. Thats....our entire life of pictures.

Shit, I just remembered that...our fucking pictures....oh man...

CuckingFunt
03-03-2009, 01:22 PM

They? Seriously?

clambake
03-03-2009, 01:23 PM

DarkReign
03-03-2009, 01:24 PM

1) Maybe, but the bar owner is being a dick. Cops are visiting him today.

2 & 3) "Friend" was an inebriated mess who claims "blackout". My only hope is a neighbor noticed a strange vehicle late, LATE Saturday night (actually, Sunday morning).

DarkReign
03-03-2009, 01:26 PM
They? Seriously?

No hijack for you, but yeah, I get what youre saying and it made me kind of cringe as well.

In her defense, I think she meant "they" as a descriptor for "cocaine addicted lushes", not homosexuals.

clambake
03-03-2009, 01:29 PM
2 & 3) "Friend" was an inebriated mess who claims "blackout". My only hope is a neighbor noticed a strange vehicle late, LATE Saturday night (actually, Sunday morning).

so, the guy remembers that he said "i'll take a cab" and then remembers "we'll drive you home and drop you off with your car" and then says "i didn't know they were coming in, until they did", suddenly claims blackout?

tlongII
03-03-2009, 01:30 PM
Hopefully the bar has surveillance tape that shows your "friend" and whomever he was with.

CuckingFunt
03-03-2009, 01:31 PM
so, the guy remembers that he said "i'll take a cab" and then remembers "we'll drive you home and drop you off with your car" and then says "i didn't know they were coming in, until they did", suddenly claims blackout?

That alone isn't too surprising. There have been plenty of times I've been fuzzy enough to consider it a legitimate blackout, but I've still remembered bits and pieces of random details.

Red Hawk #21
03-03-2009, 01:32 PM
That's messed up Amigo, I don't really think there is much you can do at this point (legally). You just have to hope that the Police can catch the guys who did this to you. And one more thing, cut ties with this so called "Friend" of yours.

clambake
03-03-2009, 01:34 PM
i'd ask your friend if he canceled his credit cards. and ask him to prove it.

Soundbyte
03-03-2009, 01:39 PM
From that place?

I call bullshit on the entire story. Nathan Lane is in on it.

<-- Dark Reign

PM the details of what you mean to this account.

side note: this is my one and only troll I ever created and it was very early in my time here at ST. It was stupid when I created it and even dumber that I remember it now. But at least it finally served a purpose.

Soundbyte
03-03-2009, 01:41 PM

Exactly. Hes bullshitting, but I think for benign reasons.

He doesnt want to be held responsible lawfully. What he doesnt know is that even if I wanted to press charges against him, I couldnt.

As the cop said "He had a right to be here and if he invited them in, so did they (so no B&E). The only thing he is guilty of is bad judgement...nothing criminal."

DarkReign
03-03-2009, 01:43 PM
Exactly. Hes bullshitting, but I think for benign reasons.

He doesnt want to be held responsible lawfully. What he doesnt know is that even if I wanted to press charges against him, I couldnt.

As the cop said "He had a right to be here and if he invited them in, so then they had a right as well (so no B&E). The only thing he is guilty of is bad judgement...nothing criminal."

Just to clarify what I meant, I forgot to logout to edit my post. Oh well.

JudynTX
03-03-2009, 01:44 PM
Sorry that happened to you. However, how do you know for sure that this friend isn't the one who ripped you off, blaming it on so called people he met at a bar?

tlongII
03-03-2009, 01:45 PM
I think he's going to find out.

clambake
03-03-2009, 01:45 PM
i'd ask your friend if he canceled his credit cards. and ask him to prove it.

he claims to have had his wallet stolen, right?

DarkReign
03-03-2009, 01:46 PM
Sorry that happened to you. However, how do you know for sure that this friend isn't the one who ripped you off, blaming it on so called people he met at a bar?

Well, of course I am not 110%, abso-fucking-lutely positive.

But I am as confident as one can be that he didnt do it. I know as certain as I am alive he wouldnt steal from us (or anyone for that matter). If he does end up being responsible...it'd be the first time I was ever speechless.

mrsmaalox
03-03-2009, 01:48 PM
No hijack for you, but yeah, I get what youre saying and it made me kind of cringe as well.

In her defense, I think she meant "they" as a descriptor for "cocaine addicted lushes", not homosexuals.

:tu Thank you, but it doesn't really matter to me. She will take issue with anything I say, no matter how it was meant. Oh well, I ain't losing sleep over it. ;)

RandomGuy
03-03-2009, 01:49 PM
To the Motherfuckers who stole my shit and are probably playing my fucking games right now and going through the "Favorites" of Internet Explorer seeing what kind of person I am...[/B]

I'll see you soon. Real soon. I really dont want any of my shit back....keep it. But I'd sure like to meet you. Do you want to meet me?

Fucking cowards.

Remember:

1) Strangulation leaves no bloodstains, rope is very cheap, and rope can be paid for with cash.

2) Ants make great reducers. If you leave a dead carcass next to or on top of a large fire-ant hill in the boonies under a tarp and a few inches of soil, they will strip the bones of soft tissue in a rather astonishingly short amount of time.

3) Industrial strength vinegar dissolves calcium rather efficiently, and can be bought in bulk for cash from many grocery stores.

4) Your wife cannot be forced in a court of law to testify against you.

Not that you should do anything with this information, mind you, but if you do something... rash, just don't be stupid about it.

Good luck in getting your stuff back. Fuck.

DarkReign
03-03-2009, 01:49 PM
he claims to have had his wallet stolen, right?

Had to call the wife to check the police report. No, his wallet was not stolen. Just his cellphone (my error in the first post).

Also, these people didnt take any jewelry. Tiffany jewelry, at that. They would take the time and multiple trips to hustle out the electronics and handbags, but not pocket the jewelry sitting on the dresser?!

03-03-2009, 01:50 PM
Of course, if he is on it, all he has to do is go the bar and get shitfaced while they are taking all of your shit. He takes their car to the bar while his stays.

Pick him up afterwards, drop him off and bolt.

DarkReign
03-03-2009, 01:51 PM
Let me know when you shoot that PM, DLF.

tlongII
Had to call the wife to check the police report. No, his wallet was not stolen. Just his cellphone (my error in the first post).

Also, these people didnt take any jewelry. Tiffany jewelry, at that. They would take the time and multiple trips to hustle out the electronics and handbags, but not pocket the jewelry sitting on the dresser?!

Easier to sell.

Already did.

CuckingFunt
03-03-2009, 01:52 PM
:tu Thank you, but it doesn't really matter to me. She will take issue with anything I say, no matter how it was meant. Oh well, I ain't losing sleep over it. ;)

Oh, please. I didn't even realize it was your post until after DarkReign responded -- the use of "she" and "her" is what inspired me to go back and look at the original post.

Soundbyte
03-03-2009, 01:53 PM
Already did.

Read it. Gotcha. Definitely something to consider.

03-03-2009, 01:57 PM
I usually don't buy these stories. Are you supposed to believe that two guys who didn't know the sitter thought he wouldn't be a problem just because he passed out?

I'd imagine anyone worth his salt would at least tie his ass up.

RandomGuy
03-03-2009, 01:58 PM
So, all in all, our losses look like this...

(20+) Coach/Louis Vuitton purses/handbags/wallets = ~$10k+
(1) Bad-ass, liquid cooled, custom painted computer = $7k
(1) One generic Dell computer = ~$2k
Xbox 360, 4 games, 2 controllers and a charge station = ~$700
PS3, 2 controllers and a charge station = ~$600
Wii system, 4 controller, 2 nunchuks, 2 charge stations = ~$500
All my HDMI cables, Component cables = ~$200
JVC surround sound system = $800 (5 years old)
Total: ~$22,000.00

That is a lot of stuff. Hopefully the dollar amount involved will force the police to pursue it a bit more than someone who just lost a TV or something.

Talk to the county prosecutor's office as well, if the cops aren't going after it hard enough to suit you.

The police might not be elected, but the prosecutor is, and that give you a bit more leverage to get some action.

Mixability
03-03-2009, 02:01 PM
Shit, I just remembered that...our fucking pictures....oh man...

That is my worst nightmare!

Which is why a couple of years back I started backing up our entire system at 3 separate locations..... just in case of fire, robbery, user error.

I could bear losing the electronics and money, that's easily replacable.

But I'd kill the fucker that was responsible for taking away those precious momentos of family memories.

DarkReign
03-03-2009, 02:01 PM
That is a lot of stuff. Hopefully the dollar amount involved will force the police to pursue it a bit more than someone who just lost a TV or something.

Talk to the county prosecutor's office as well, if the cops aren't going after it hard enough to suit you.

The police might not be elected, but the prosecutor is, and that give you a bit more leverage to get some action.

All very good ideas. So far, lets just say I am not too impressed with the police.

But I fall just north of city jurisdiction (as in, across the street). Its the sheriff's department case (an elected position). Depending on how today goes, this is good info to have.

DarkReign
03-03-2009, 02:02 PM
I usually don't buy these stories. Are you supposed to believe that two guys who didn't know the sitter thought he wouldn't be a problem just because he passed out?

I'd imagine anyone worth his salt would at least tie his ass up.

The more and more I start down this line of thinking, the more it tends to make more sense than the alternative.

But thats just because I want retribution, I think...lest my retribution be misplaced.

The tapes will show.

DarkReign
03-03-2009, 02:03 PM
That is my worst nightmare!

Which is why a couple of years back I started backing up our entire system at 3 separate locations..... just in case of fire, robbery, user error.

I could bear losing the electronics and money, that's easily replacable.

But I'd kill the fucker that was responsible for taking away those precious momentos of family memories.

Fuck, when I think about it, I have the last pictures of my father on that computer.

Bad day just got worse.

Mixability
03-03-2009, 02:06 PM

I'm probably looking at around the same dollar amount of crap in my house(just swap the coach purses for electronics, my wife's a tech geek), which made it a no brainer to get video surveillance. You might think of that after you've worked through this ordeal to get that "secure" feeling back.

jack sommerset
03-03-2009, 02:09 PM
I'm glad ur friend is ok. He could have been hurt.

johnsmith
03-03-2009, 02:18 PM
This absolutely fucking sucks, sorry to hear about it.

People that rob other people's homes should be fucking killed.

If it makes you feel better DR, a buddy of mine in Tampa had his house robbed a couple of weeks ago in the middle of the day. His pets were left ok as well but they caught the fuckers a week later. So maybe this will end up with a happy ending as well.

johnsmith
03-03-2009, 02:18 PM
I'm glad ur friend is ok. He could have been hurt.

His friend needs to be put down.

DarkReign
03-03-2009, 02:20 PM
This absolutely fucking sucks, sorry to hear about it.

People that rob other people's homes should be fucking killed.

If it makes you feel better DR, a buddy of mine in Tampa had his house robbed a couple of weeks ago in the middle of the day. His pets were left ok as well but they caught the fuckers a week later. So maybe this will end up with a happy ending as well.

I can only hope.

His friend needs to be put down.

:lmao He'll get his, this I am quite sure of.

jack sommerset
03-03-2009, 02:27 PM
Just remember he is ur friend. You trusted him enough to watch ur shit in the first place. Seek him out,give him a hug and tell him its ok. Those guys might have raped ur friend and he is to embarass to tell anyone,perhaps thats why he checked into rehab.

johnsmith
03-03-2009, 02:28 PM
Just remember he is ur friend. You trusted him enough to watch ur shit in the first place. Seek him out,give him a hug and tell him its ok. Those guys might have raped ur friend and he is to embarass to tell anyone,perhaps thats why he checked into rehab.

Or option B: Have him put to sleep.

Heath Ledger
03-03-2009, 02:33 PM
Whats up with all of the Coach purses? What a fucking waste of money.

clambake
03-03-2009, 02:38 PM

coach purses rock.

Mixability
03-03-2009, 02:40 PM

Gotta keep up with the Jones' don't ya know? :lol

Cry Havoc
03-03-2009, 02:45 PM
Sorry to hear that Dark. :( You've always been a classy poster on ST. At least your dogs are ok and you and yours are in good health, though that doesn't take away from how much this SUCKS.

DarkReign
03-03-2009, 02:47 PM

We arent starving, she can spend her money on any damn thing she wants.

..but i get your point.

Trainwreck2100
03-03-2009, 02:53 PM

if he got raped he deserved it for taking strangers to the house.

Mixability
03-03-2009, 02:54 PM
We arent starving, she can spend her money on any damn thing she wants.

..but i get your point.

Hindsight is 20/20, but you could've gotten a nice video security setup with the money spent on a couple of those purses.

How long have ya'll lived at that house? I know that I was never able to get that "secure" feeling back after I had my cars broken into.

I sold 2 cars after they were broken into, just because I was constantly thinking about the thieves going through it.

Mixability
03-03-2009, 02:56 PM
I still believe that the "friend" was in on it.

It would be one thing for the theives to overhear him bragging about having a nice house to house-sit.

But cmon, to take a chance on just someone bragging and knowing for sure what kind of loot there was are two different things.

jack sommerset
03-03-2009, 02:56 PM
Hindsight is 20/20, but you could've gotten a nice video security setup with the money spent on a couple of those purses.

How long have ya'll lived at that house? I know that I was never able to get that "secure" feeling back after I had my cars broken into.

I sold 2 cars after they were broken into, just because I was constantly thinking about the thieves going through it.

Security, his best friend let the crooks in. Still you should take ur buddy out to dinner and let him know it was not his fault and u love him. I'm sure he feels bad.

Mixability
03-03-2009, 02:59 PM
Security, his best friend let the crooks in. Still you should take ur buddy out to dinner and let him know it was not his fault and u love him. I'm sure he feels bad.

Regardless if he let them in, there would be video of all that transpired that night. Hooked up to some beefy hard-drives and you have unlimited time of video to see what really happened.

clambake
03-03-2009, 03:01 PM

he bolted from the house and checked into rehab, without calling DR.

he's not telling the whole story.

jack sommerset
03-03-2009, 03:03 PM
Regardless if he let them in, there would be video of all that transpired that night. Hooked up to some beefy hard-drives and you have unlimited time of video to see what really happened.

But this was his best freind. You trust ur best friend. Thats why he left him with all his shit. You just don't do that unless you love the guy.Chances are he would know were the video is at and know all the codes.

jack sommerset
03-03-2009, 03:04 PM
he bolted from the house and checked into rehab, without calling DR.

he's not telling the whole story.

I agree, I think he was assholed by the crooks.

clambake
03-03-2009, 03:05 PM
he never said he was HIS best friend.

Mixability
03-03-2009, 03:05 PM
But this was his best freind. You trust ur besy friend. Thats why he left him with all his belongings. You just don't do that unless you love the guy.Chances are he would know were the video is at and know all the codes.

Camera are rolling whenever I'm not at my house, no codes, no nothing. If it's not your house, then you shouldn't be doing anything you wouldn't want taped.

jack sommerset
03-03-2009, 03:08 PM
Camera are rolling whenever I'm not at my house, no codes, no nothing. If it's not your house, then you shouldn't be doing anything you wouldn't want taped.

I get what u are saying. I think its a great thing. I'm just saying DR has his best buddy watch his house and that DR would show him all the security. I hope DR does not throw his friendship away over silly merchandise. DR make sure u change the locks.

johnsmith
03-03-2009, 03:15 PM
I'm calling troll job by sommerset in this thread.

Trainwreck2100
03-03-2009, 03:18 PM

maybe he was raped by home intruders once

jack sommerset
03-03-2009, 03:20 PM

I'm serious. I have seen stupid shit like this wreck friendships. Its crap, DR has insurance, he trusted him with his house and everything in the house. Something went wrong just don't blame him,blame yourself.

Bigzax
03-03-2009, 03:21 PM
million to one the fruit has the purses stashed...

johnsmith
03-03-2009, 03:23 PM
I'm serious. I have seen stupid shit like this wreck friendships. Its crap, DR has insurance, he trusted him with his house and everything in the house. Something went wrong just don't blame him,blame yourself.

Something like this should ruin a fucking friendship. I know I would no longer want to be friends with a douche like this guy. And it was too DR's buddy that is to blame. If he would have just watched the house like a normal fucking housesitter should, then this wouldn't have happened.

Fuck this guy.

johnsmith
03-03-2009, 03:23 PM
million to one the fruit has the purses stashed...

That's a good point too.

Blue Jew
03-03-2009, 03:25 PM
The mere fact that the robbers took their time is proof they did not fear the owners coming home and proves it was an inside job.

JoeChalupa
03-03-2009, 03:28 PM
Getting robbed sucks.

Soundbyte
03-03-2009, 03:29 PM