PDA

View Full Version : Rasho tonight

ShoogarBear
03-10-2005, 12:05 AM
I only got to see the 4th quarter.

But allow me to take the T Park role.

I see from the stats that Rasho went 6-9 with 6 boards. It looks like he had foul trouble, though.

I saw some people say we should have had Horry and Beno out there. But could we have used more of him in the fourth instead of T-Mass?

Pop's rotations never fail to confuse.

Aggie Hoopsfan
03-10-2005, 12:08 AM
Rasho got his fifth foul with about five minutes to go, and then Pop took him out and forgot about him.

Like you said, Pop's rotations never fail to confuse, although it was somewhat humorous watching us call 4down tonight in the last two minutes like we had 21 on the block...

Guru of Nothing
03-10-2005, 12:11 AM
12 points and 6 rebounds in only 11 minutes, if memory serves. Foul trouble was a big problem, but them's the breaks.

Rasho's play is definitely on the upswing.

SequSpur
03-10-2005, 12:22 AM
Rasho sucks. I love the dunks he was a part of tonight. To bad they weren't for the Spurs.

kskonn
03-10-2005, 12:22 AM
Yea they called some pretty mysterious calls on Rasho. I could not understand why we did not bring him in during the last few minutes. Although T Mass was not playing that bad, had a couple of good shots, blew a dunk though and i think that miss by T mass was a turning point. But yea I agree with Aggie Pop forgot he was available.

T Park
03-10-2005, 12:33 AM
Rasho sucks.

that the best you got?

Idiot.

SLOVENIAN 8
03-10-2005, 03:48 AM
Rasho sucks. I love the dunks he was a part of tonight. To bad they weren't for the Spurs.

:wtf :wtf :nope

Slo spurs fan
03-10-2005, 03:58 AM

Go bowl you bowlhead!

AFE7FATMAN
03-10-2005, 04:05 AM
Nope Rasho didn't suck-Tonight
I saw E F F O R T which I dont remember a lot of from RASHO
in the past.
For the time being could we quit the RASHO Bashing
and lets bash the MEN that should be BASHED

IMO
Berry
Massenberg
Horry
POP

Based on their performance tonight I would say greatly overpaid and
over-hyped
PS. Can somebody make a 3 point shot?

Rummpd
03-10-2005, 06:54 AM
Rasho and/or Horry should have been in there but the problem with Horry is he is not a great rebounder so its a tradeoff there.

LOVED RASHO DRIBBLING THE BALL UP COURT!

Frenchise player
03-10-2005, 08:28 AM
I think they run 4-down because Amare was in foul trouble and they expected he would commit that six foul, but since I wasn't watching the game on TV, I don't really know if Amare was defending on Massenburg.

Clandestino
03-10-2005, 08:30 AM
rasho played pretty good..only when tim is around does he hide in his shell...

CHAMPS AGAIN
03-10-2005, 09:20 AM

Same here sequ, you suck you are never happy after every SPURS WIN OR LOST I don't think you are a SPURS FAN.

Solid D
03-10-2005, 09:25 AM
Amare and Mass defended each other.

Rasho sat after he got his 5th foul.

I think Pop wanted to see certain players finish that game out. They were all pretty well spent at the end.

Spurminator
03-10-2005, 09:53 AM
I think Pop was treating this game like a preseason game... seeing how players like TMass and Wilks could play under pressure, in case they're needed for the Playoffs. Can't say I necessarily like that in a game where we could have embarrassed one of the top teams in the league, but that's how I saw it.

boutons
03-10-2005, 10:12 AM
"think Pop was treating this game like a preseason game"

I think that's as good a take as any for the weird way Pop treated this game. And I think his less-than-full-blast attitude also affected how the Spurs played, esp on defense and the boards. As Tony said, just a little bit more, and the Spurs would have won.

What should have been, in everybody's opinion, one of the top games of the 2nd half of the season, fizzled and sputtered bizarrely. The Sunds absolutely can't feel good about winning so closely, and Spurs didn't seem to give a shit so they can't be that disappointed.

The game indicates nothing about how these teams will play in the playoffs (at least, I hope so).

Useruser666
03-10-2005, 10:59 AM
Rasho played great last night. He did everything and more than could be expected from him. I would have rather seen him finish the game than TMass. If he can continue playing like this he won't be ridiculed for his contract and the Spurs won't need to rush Nazr on the court.

wildbill2u
03-10-2005, 01:04 PM
I think Pop was treating this game like a preseason game... seeing how players like TMass and Wilks could play under pressure, in case they're needed for the Playoffs. Can't say I necessarily like that in a game where we could have embarrassed one of the top teams in the league, but that's how I saw it.

I tend to agree that Pop had already decided to write this game off, for whatever reason, and therefore didn't really give too much interest to 'last ditch miracle efforts' or game winning substitutions.

Maybe he thinks too much, but he was simply tinkering with the machinery to see how it worked under stress IMHO> :rolleyes

TMSKILZ
03-10-2005, 01:45 PM
Rasho doesn't stink, although when he has bad games he make one think he really does suck.

He's a good player who needs to polish his game up. I just wished we could get more & better rebounding from Rasho.

Rasho's as much a Key to us winning the championship as anyone else on this team making key contributions

grjr
03-10-2005, 04:21 PM
I think they run 4-down because Amare was in foul trouble and they expected he would commit that six foul, but since I wasn't watching the game on TV, I don't really know if Amare was defending on Massenburg.

Amare did indeed commit his sixth foul against Massenburg about 5 feet in front of the rim. Unfortunately, the refs didn't want to foul out the "superstar" and that was the turning point of the 4th quarter.

exstatic
03-10-2005, 04:31 PM
LOVED RASHO DRIBBLING THE BALL UP COURT!

That was fucking frightening, and the second time that has happened in the last 3 games, or so. :wow

Rasho had no gas last night, although the effort was there. You try to play a B2B while recovering from the flu.

boutons
03-10-2005, 06:24 PM
"That was fucking frightening"

Huge mistake by our guards to leave Rasho on the beach like that, and Sean said so (I love the guy's straight talk, esp vs an inane motor mouth like Doug Collins).

SequSpur
03-10-2005, 09:15 PM
I loved the way Rasho gave Amare more elevation on those 5 dunks he had in the game.

Nice assists Rasho.

Slomo
03-11-2005, 01:07 PM
I loved the way Rasho gave Amare more elevation on those 5 dunks he had in the game.

Nice assists Rasho.
Jealous?