PDA

View Full Version : Yao MIng Best Big MAn

coachmac87
03-03-2009, 02:03 PM
According to one of the STU twins on 1st&10......:rollin

The other twin picked Dwight Howard...SKip picked Duncan.

FUCKING YAO MING????:lmao

Red Hawk #21
03-03-2009, 02:29 PM
Dude, you make it sound like Yao is a scrub. Yao averages 19 and 10. He might not be the best big man in the Nba but he damn sure is top five in my book. I'm suprised the Rox fans aren't cussing up a storm at you.

Kai
03-03-2009, 03:01 PM

FUCKING YAO MING????:lmao

Oh, man. How hilarious. What a scrub. :rolleyes

Many PackYao
03-03-2009, 03:09 PM
Even though he's not athletically gifted like Dwight, he's got more skills. The refs don't know how to officiate him because if he's aggressive the guy guarding him will flop and they call an offensive foul. If he's not aggressive then he becomes a non-factor for the Rockets and the other team takes advantage. It's a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation for Yao.

djohn2oo8
03-03-2009, 03:29 PM

YAO FUCKING MING IS THE BEST:king

Fixed

HarlemHeat37
03-03-2009, 06:28 PM
I like Yao, but he isn't better than Duncan, Howard, KG, or Dirk..

when Yao plays with balls, he's better than Dirk, and maybe better than KG at this point..but he doesn't show it often enough..the game vs. Cleveland was a good example, where he just dominated the game with his aggressiveness..

BlackSwordsMan
03-03-2009, 06:31 PM
shit skip bailus is fucking bad luck everytime he picks a team or a player to do good they die

Kill_Bill_Pana
03-03-2009, 06:38 PM
I like Yao, but he isn't better than Duncan, Howard, KG, or Dirk..

when Yao plays with balls, he's better than Dirk, and maybe better than KG at this point..but he doesn't show it often enough..the game vs. Cleveland was a good example, where he just dominated the game with his aggressiveness..

Big man does not mean pansy players like Dirk and KG.

dirk4mvp
03-03-2009, 08:03 PM
when Yao plays with balls, he's better than Dirk, and maybe better than KG at this point..

lmfao yeah right. he's half a foot taller than both of those players, yet still manages to shoot more fadeaways than both.

dirk4mvp
03-03-2009, 08:10 PM
Who's better Memphis Mavs fans? Dirk? They are the same player....winners in the regular season and losers when it counts. So don't talk shit, boy.

http://www.ineedmotivation.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/rockefeller.jpg

Lars
03-03-2009, 08:13 PM
Yao is a gimmick.

You put him in a certain spot and get him the ball and it is almost a guaranteed score due to his freakish height and shooting touch. Anywhere else with the ball and he is mostly worthless. The Rockets offense is built around this exploitation because the other team's defense has to do everything in its power too make sure Yao doesn't get that position, often having to rely on 2 or 3 defenders to swarm him. This creates open shots and opportunities for other Rocket players, which is the foundation for our team.

On defense its the same issue, you can park him in the paint and his presence alone drastically alters offenses. He isn't a great defender but his height alone all but eliminates players driving into the paint and layups. Again, he isn't particularily athletic or skilled, but his physical attributes have a huge impact on the game, probably as much as anyone in the game.

Take that for what it is worth.

mystargtr34
03-03-2009, 08:15 PM
Dirk >> Yao
KG > Yao

But im not sure if Dirk qualifies as a big man. Hes not a real post player at all. Its like calling Kevin Durant a big man because hes 6'10".

I think Shaq has to be in the discussion the way hes been dismantling folks. Hes nearly up to 19-9 for the season, similar numbers to Yao.

I still think Duncan is the best to be honest.

45 bank shot
03-03-2009, 08:16 PM
oh c'mon, r u kidding me?
I freakin love yao. He can simply be a match-up nightmare for anyone just for his height. Besides that, he has some amazing soft touch shooting the rock.
I have to admit that even Timmy has some trouble playing him 1on1 sometimes

dirk4mvp
03-03-2009, 08:18 PM
Dirk >> Yao
KG > Yao

But im not sure if Dirk qualifies as a big man. Hes not a real post player at all. Its like calling Kevin Durant a big man because hes 6'10".

I think Shaq has to be in the discussion the way hes been dismantling folks. Hes nearly up to 19-9 for the season, similar numbers to Yao.

I still think Duncan is the best to be honest.

Pau Gasol > Yao, also.

v2freak
03-03-2009, 08:21 PM
Yao is a gimmick.

You put him in a certain spot and get him the ball and it is almost a guaranteed score due to his freakish height and shooting touch. Anywhere else with the ball and he is mostly worthless. The Rockets offense is built around this exploitation because the other team's defense has to do everything in its power too make sure Yao doesn't get that position, often having to rely on 2 or 3 defenders to swarm him. This creates open shots and opportunities for other Rocket players, which is the foundation for our team.

On defense its the same issue, you can park him in the paint and his presence alone drastically alters offenses. He isn't a great defender but his height alone all but eliminates players driving into the paint and layups. Again, he isn't particularily athletic or skilled, but his physical attributes have a huge impact on the game, probably as much as anyone in the game.

Take that for what it is worth.

Aint that the truth!

mystargtr34
03-03-2009, 08:26 PM
Pau Gasol > Yao, also.

I think they are equals. Yao is more dominant when hes on, but Pau has a better all around game.

Both do their best work in January and February.

Indazone
03-03-2009, 08:28 PM
Historically head to head, Yao owns Dwight Howard. Now with the smaller quicker PF/C's Yao has a bit of difficulty defending like All Jefferson. But just like these guys are going to score on Yao, there is no freaking way Duncan or Jefferson is going to stop Yao. Yao is just too big and he can shoot over these guys. These big men give up 4-6 inches to Yao. Remember playing basketball in a pickup game going up against a guy 4-6 inches taller than you? Sure as hell can't shoot over these guys unless you're standing at the free throw line or three point area. If you're anywhere near a guy that tall and you shoot, it's going to get blocked. Only way to get around a guy that tall is to try to dribble around them with your speed. Even if you do, the big man can still turn and have a decent shot at blocking your shot again.

sook
03-03-2009, 08:29 PM
I think they are equals. Yao is more dominant when hes on, but Pau has a better all around game.

yea i'd rather have Pua, depends on who you have surrounding though.

Its pretty clear actually, if you want one to be a focal point, Yao

If you want one to be 2nd or 3 scoring option, Pau..

Pau would fit mcgrady much better if he was still hear

Indazone
03-03-2009, 08:30 PM
Pau is a pussy

sook
03-03-2009, 08:30 PM
Pau is a pussy

Yao is a pussy

dirk4mvp
03-03-2009, 08:35 PM

The only advantage Yao has on most of his opponents is his shooting touch, and even then, Pau's touch is way better than Yao's.

If Yao was 6'11" he'd be a scrub.

Indazone
03-03-2009, 09:07 PM
But he's not and he cannot be stopped. Like any of you wouldn't be drooling to add Yao to your team:rolleyes

dirk4mvp
03-03-2009, 09:09 PM
Uh, he can be stopped. Easily. Usually due to his own self sucking wind 2 minutes into the first quarter. But hey, at least he's better than Erick Dampier and Kurt Thomas!

mystargtr34
03-03-2009, 09:13 PM
But he's not and he cannot be stopped. Like any of you wouldn't be drooling to add Yao to your team:rolleyes

Any team would want him. Hes one of the better players in the league, but hes not the best big man in the league - which is the thread title.

Many PackYao
03-03-2009, 09:18 PM
The only advantage Yao has on most of his opponents is his shooting touch, and even then, Pau's touch is way better than Yao's.

If Yao was 6'11" he'd be a scrub.
If Dirk was a 2-guard, he would never leave the bench.

dirk4mvp
03-03-2009, 09:20 PM
If Dirk was a 2-guard he would never leave the bench.

Considering he's a 2 guard who happens to be in a 7 footer's body, your post makes no sense.

Indazone
03-03-2009, 09:22 PM
Neither does saying that Yao in a 6-11' body would be a scrub. Maybe Yao would be a lot quicker and athletic is he was smaller ever think of that? Anyway your statement is pointless.

dirk4mvp
03-03-2009, 09:23 PM
He'd be a non facor on defense and couldn't shoot over every opponent due to him being 5 inches taller.

Many PackYao
03-03-2009, 09:43 PM
He'd be a non facor on defense and couldn't shoot over every opponent due to him being 5 inches taller.
Dirk has trouble as it is when you put an athletic big guard or small forward on him. That's why I said it. He would be getting owned by the Kobes and Pierces of the league.