PDA

View Full Version : Fakers looking to play greedy "hardball"

SenorSpur
03-03-2009, 03:29 PM
http://lakers.freedomblogging.com/2009/03/03/lakers-express-interest-in-smith/12979/

The Lakers apparently are not content to wait until Andrew Bynum returns — or not — in time for the playoffs. Phil Jackson said Monday he would talk to Mitch Kupchak about acquiring free agents Drew Gooden or Joe Smith.

The New York Post reported that although unconfirmed reports have Smith already has headed to the Cavaliers, the Lakers and Hornets are prepapred to commit past this season to Smith once he clears waivers today.

Smith, a journeyman, has an expiring salary of $4.795 million.

Stay tuned for an update.

hater
03-03-2009, 03:29 PM
anything to buy yourself a championship

Strike
03-03-2009, 03:31 PM
As much as I don't want to see Gooden go to LA, they have as much right to pursue him as much as the Spurs do.

Dex
03-03-2009, 03:33 PM
Ftl.

MoSpur
03-03-2009, 03:35 PM
I think a lot of teams are looking to add a piece if it helps them. Gooden is a rental for the rest of the season. He's a good player and will be cheap, so why wouldn't the Lakers try to see if he's interested in going there?

I. Hustle
03-03-2009, 03:35 PM
They just don't want the Spurs to get either one. LOL
You go ahead and try it coach coattails.

The_Game
03-03-2009, 03:36 PM
it's all about trying to improve your team, don't see a problem in all contenders doing this

Brutalis
03-03-2009, 03:37 PM
If the Lakers got Gooden it would be even harder for us to win a 7 game series against them. Already they are as potentially good if not better than us. Let's be real here. We are more than capable of beating them but a solid player off the bench like that is dangerous to anyone.

The_Game
03-03-2009, 03:39 PM
all depends if Gooden is healthly enough

as long as he plays a limited role he can help most teams but him playing good minutes? not good.

turiaf for president
03-03-2009, 03:42 PM
so its ok for celtics to add mikki moore and marbury but its "buying" a ring with signing gooden? IIRC didnt the spurs try to "buy" their ring by resigning barry after their trade to the sonics? lol at hater seriously hating.

besides its only for the regular season. no one signing after march 1st is eligible to be on the playoff roster

SenorSpur
03-03-2009, 03:49 PM
Call it for what it is. This is simply a strategic chess move. With the expectation of Bynum coming back and an already stacked frontcourt, this is the Fakers trying to play a game of "keep away" from Spurs/Cavs.

SanAntonioSpurs23
03-03-2009, 03:50 PM
so its ok for celtics to add mikki moore and marbury but its "buying" a ring with signing gooden? IIRC didnt the spurs try to "buy" their ring by resigning barry after their trade to the sonics? lol at hater seriously hating.

besides its only for the regular season. no one signing after march 1st is eligible to be on the playoff roster

WRONG!!!!!

Foyle, Gooden, Smith, and Head are still eligible for the playoffs as long as they were cut before the March 1st deadline. Anyone of these guys going to a contending team will be able to play in the playoffs....

Rain318
03-03-2009, 03:55 PM
they can have him
and his hernia

Duncan2177
03-03-2009, 03:55 PM
Im sure Smith and Gooden want to go to a contender where they would get a lot of playing time the lakers can't offer that with Gasol,Bynum and Odom as there big men.

NFGIII
03-03-2009, 04:07 PM
It's all about improving your team even if getting a player prevents your main rival from signing him. Anyway we need a Smith or Gooden more so than the Lakers. Our frontline is thin compared to theirs.

As of Wednesday we will see who is serious or is some of this just a smokescreen. Phil is famous for rmind games but I think it would be a wise course of action for them fo pursue either one. Bynum's return isn't guaranteed and we all know what happpened last year. They got punked in the Finals. They will need another big - be it Bynum or whoever - to contend for the title.

BlackSwordsMan
03-03-2009, 04:13 PM
if gooden signs with the lakers I will be sad

I. Hustle
03-03-2009, 04:22 PM

LOL Who said the Celtics aren't trying to buy their rings? LOL @ trying to buy a ring by re-signing Barry

rogcl1
03-03-2009, 04:24 PM

Yes they are playoff eligible. They were released by the Mar. 1 deadline.

Marcus Bryant
03-03-2009, 04:25 PM
Silly me, I thought they were going to get their bitches in Memphis to claim him off waivers.

xtremesteven33
03-03-2009, 04:29 PM
Spurs fans are used to players turning the Spurs down....this wouldnt surpirse me either.

Flux451
03-03-2009, 04:35 PM
Expect the worst, things going public only add to the harsh reality.

Agloco
03-03-2009, 04:48 PM
Silly me, I thought they were going to get their bitches in Memphis to claim him off waivers.

:rollin:rollin

Xylus
03-03-2009, 04:49 PM
Suns are getting Stromile Swift, so your teams might as well not even bother picking anyone up. Stro is a championship caliber player, unstoppable on most nights.

MarHill
03-03-2009, 04:50 PM
Call it for what it is. This is simply a strategic chess move. With the expectation of Bynum coming back and an already stacked frontcourt, this is the Fakers trying to play a game of "keep away" from Spurs/Cavs.

Exactly right...Senor Spur!!

That is all it is....a straight up power play by the Lakers!!

:flag:

manufor3
03-03-2009, 04:51 PM
great. we can never get our guy

MarHill
03-03-2009, 04:51 PM
Suns are getting Stromile Swift, so your teams might as well not even bother picking anyone up. Stro is a championship caliber player, unstoppable on most nights.

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

The Planet Orange fans have been taken in too much sun!!!

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

Xylus
03-03-2009, 04:53 PM
MarHill's clearly insecure. Doesn't want to admit that it's lights out for the league now that the Stro Show is in Phoenix. We'll be employing our new SSOSS strategy tomorrow against Miami, and you'll see...

SenorSpur
03-03-2009, 04:56 PM

:lmao

Stromile Swift
03-03-2009, 04:56 PM
MarHill's clearly insecure. Doesn't want to admit that it's lights out for the league now that the Stro Show is in Phoenix. We'll be employing our new SSOSS strategy tomorrow against Miami, and you'll see...

Thank you

peskypesky
03-03-2009, 04:58 PM
If Lakers get Gooden, we're fucked.

SenorSpur
03-03-2009, 05:00 PM

Uh no? Stro has been a DNP on some nights, a straight-up punk on others. If he does sign with Planet Orange, he's going to the right organization. One with a history of post season failures, selfish, "me-first"-type players, and a chicken-fried owner, who hogs the media spotlight about as much as Jerry Jones.

MarHill
03-03-2009, 05:00 PM

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

You are funny, Xylus!

The Suns are the Spurs' little brother and everyone knows it!!!

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

Xylus
03-03-2009, 05:02 PM
Uh no? Stro has been a DNP on some nights, a straight-up punk on others. If he does sign with Planet Orange, he's going to the right organization. One with a history of post season failures, selfish, "me-first"-type players, and a chicken-fried owner, who hogs the media spotlight about as much as Jerry Jones.

Damn, I didn't know Spur fans were so terrified of the Stro Show. Just can't admit that this move will make the Suns the #1 power in the West.

SenorSpur
03-03-2009, 05:03 PM
Damn, I didn't know Spur fans were so terrified of the Stro Show. Just can't admit that this move will make the Suns the #1 power in the West.

Yeah, maybe your superhero Stro has the power to propel your asses out of 9th place! :lmao

Spursmania
03-03-2009, 05:04 PM

Please stop...:lmao:lmao

Stromile Swift

I'm unstoppable (at least according to this guy...)

Xylus
Yeah, maybe your superhero Stro has the power to propel your asses out of 9th place! :lmao

Out of 9th place? We'll be passing the Lakers before too long.

MarHill
03-03-2009, 05:05 PM

Just admit that little brother can't beat big brother and everything will be okay!

Admitting is the first step to recovery!!!

:lmao:lmao:lmao

Xylus
03-03-2009, 05:06 PM
Who's the black private dick
That's a sex machine to all the chicks?
(Swift!)
You're damn right

MarHill
03-03-2009, 05:07 PM
(Swift!)
You're damn right

You going to the Shaft reference...wow, that's old school!!

Xylus
03-03-2009, 05:07 PM
Who is the man
That would risk his neck for his brother man?
(Swift!)
Can ya dig it?

SenorSpur
03-03-2009, 05:09 PM
(Swift!)
You're damn right

Then we can dig it. :lmao

TheDarkSide.
03-03-2009, 05:22 PM
jews. I doubt they get Gooden, just phil jackson's douchebaggery

Spurs9
03-03-2009, 05:36 PM
If they do sign him can we keep Pops??

YoMamaIsCallin
03-03-2009, 06:04 PM
Who's the man who won't cop out?
When there's danger all about?
-----swift----
right on!

I miss Isaac Hayes.

And oh yeah, on the topic of Stromile Swift... there's one little very technical thing that will stop him from being useful to the Suns...

THERE'S ONLY ONE BALL IN PLAY AT ANY GIVEN TIME.

Spursmania
03-03-2009, 06:26 PM
Out of 9th place? We'll be passing the Lakers before too long.

Yes, just go ahead and keep making an ass of yourself and proving once again how pathetic and delusionary the Sun fans are. Passing the Lakers??
Shit, you'll be lucky to make the playoffs this year. :lmao

HarlemHeat37
03-03-2009, 06:29 PM
the Suns fan was joking..

lefty
03-03-2009, 06:30 PM
If the Lakers got Gooden it would be even harder for us to win a 7 game series against them. Already they are as potentially good if not better than us. Let's be real here. We are more than capable of beating them but a solid player off the bench like that is dangerous to anyone.

IDK

Duncan has toyed with Gooden so far

crc21209
03-03-2009, 06:51 PM
The Fakers can do whatever they want, but I think its a lock that Joe Smith is going to the Cavs and Gooden is coming to the Spurs. If Don Harris and other people are pretty much saying its a done deal, then it's a done deal. And besides, Gooden would get NO playing time there with Gasol, Odom, and Bynum when he comes back. Greedy bastards.

manufor3
03-03-2009, 08:58 PM
the fakers can do whatever they want, but i think its a lock that joe smith is going to the cavs and gooden is coming to the spurs. If don harris and other people are pretty much saying its a done deal, then it's a done deal. And besides, gooden would get no playing time there with gasol, odom, and bynum when he comes back. Greedy bastards.

+1

crc21209
03-03-2009, 09:00 PM
Well LA can go fuck itself now. Since Smith has commited to Cleveland and now Gooden has commited to the Spurs. Something tells me the Lakers may think that Bynum isnt coming back this year. Or else why would they really want Gooden or Smith?

Yorae
03-03-2009, 09:02 PM
Uhm, any idea why gooden chose the spurs instead of the lakers????

crc21209
03-03-2009, 09:15 PM
Uhm, any idea why gooden chose the spurs instead of the lakers????

Like your sig says, 4 and counting in the past 10 years, more playing time, Oh...and this guy named Tim Duncan probably.

Yorae
03-03-2009, 09:18 PM
Like your sig says, 4 and counting in the past 10 years, more playing time, Oh...and this guy named Tim Duncan probably.

Ok, his name implies his a good man. should've seen it.

Cry Havoc
03-03-2009, 09:37 PM
This thread has stunned me because people actually took Xylus seriously when he was talking about SS.

My jaw is still hanging from that.

iggypop123
03-03-2009, 09:53 PM
he went to the spurs cause he could start. with the lakers once bynum is back he could probably get 5 min a game at best

Spursfan092120
03-03-2009, 10:34 PM
he went to the spurs cause he could start. with the lakers once bynum is back he could probably get 5 min a game at best
That and he knows that the Spurs are one piece away from winning the title this year..and he could be that piece.

m33p0
03-03-2009, 11:13 PM
is that what his wife says?

iggypop123
03-03-2009, 11:38 PM
That and he knows that the Spurs are one piece away from winning the title this year..and he could be that piece.

he isnt even camby. not even close to being a impact piece

Xylus
03-04-2009, 02:38 AM
This thread has stunned me because people actually took Xylus seriously when he was talking about SS.

My jaw is still hanging from that.

I tried to get more and more ridiculous with every post, but I guess I wasn't obvious enough. I had to go with the Shaft reference, and that still didn't work.

Spursfan092120
03-04-2009, 02:41 AM
he isnt even camby. not even close to being a impact piece

Really? 13 and 8 isn't an impact piece? Tell me something...when was the last time we had a big that got 13 and 8 standing next to Tim? Oh yeah..it was David Robinson. Not comparing the two, but with a big that is tough and bangs on the blocks, he IS an impact piece. That's why your Lakers were going after him. And that's why it came out on the LA wire that that was the LAST guy the Lakers wanted the Spurs to get. Like I said in another post to another Laker fan, we'll see you in the WCF. Let's see how Gasoft likes getting hit in the mouth a couple of times.

Spursfan092120
03-04-2009, 02:41 AM
I tried to get more and more ridiculous with every post, but I guess I wasn't obvious enough. I had to go with the Shaft reference, and that still didn't work.

lol..it's alright man...we still love the posts...I look forward to them..

completely deck
03-04-2009, 02:45 AM

dance puppets