PDA

View Full Version : Have the Pistons returned back as Elites?

Pistonfan1
03-03-2009, 10:01 PM
That is 3 impressive victories in a row for the Pistons. Do you guys think this team is elite to take down the Cavs/Celts/Lakers in a 7 game series? Thoughts?

tlongII
03-03-2009, 10:03 PM
The Pistons have no chance against Boston or Cleveland in a 7 game series. They could give Orlando a run though.

Ghazi
03-03-2009, 10:03 PM
No.

ducks
03-03-2009, 10:07 PM
The Pistons have no chance against Boston or Cleveland in a 7 game series. They could give Orlando a run though.
they would sweep magic
pistons won 21 out of 26 against them

magic can not make three's against pistons:lol

JamStone
03-03-2009, 10:08 PM
No.

There are only three elite teams in the league: Lakers, Celtics, Cavs.

No other team is going to be an elite team the rest of the season.

Certainly not the Pistons.

Pistonfan1
03-03-2009, 10:13 PM
No.

But what about these last 3 victories?? Add in AI as our possible 6th man. How is this team not elite? They were elite last year and this roster IMO is better talent wise. If that talent meshes with AI as our 6th man, how can you not call this team elite?

Pistonfan1
03-03-2009, 10:16 PM
No.
:rolleyes
Yeah because a Cavs team that is just having a great regular season is all of a sudden elite? Pistons can beat that team in a series. This team isnt all that much better than the 2007 team. Bron is playing at such a high level but the fact is this Piston team is certainly capable of beating the Cavs 4 times in a 7 game series.

Kai
03-03-2009, 10:19 PM
It makes them about as elite as Indiana.

Ghazi
03-03-2009, 10:21 PM
Yeah because a Cavs team that is just having a great regular season is all of a sudden elite? Pistons can beat that team in a series. This team isnt all that much better than the 2007 team. Bron is playing at such a high level but the fact is this Piston team is certainly capable of beating the Cavs 4 times in a 7 game series.

Of course they're much better than they were in 2007. Cavs were a 50 win team that year, this year they look like a 65 win team.

dirk4mvp
03-03-2009, 10:22 PM
Pistons can beat that team in a series.

:lol Don't kid yourself.

Pelicans78
03-03-2009, 10:30 PM
No probably not, but I do think they should be the 3rd best team in the East. The only chance I see them upsetting Cavs or Boston is if AI will be a big sparkplug off the bench because their bench has been a weakness the last 3 seasons. He could make their bench much better. Other than that, they will probably be eliminated by Cleveland in the 2nd round.

JamStone
03-03-2009, 10:44 PM
But what about these last 3 victories?? Add in AI as our possible 6th man. How is this team not elite? They were elite last year and this roster IMO is better talent wise. If that talent meshes with AI as our 6th man, how can you not call this team elite?

Celtics played without KG and the Nuggets played without Carmelo. And, the Pistons have some mind control over the Orlando Magic players for some reason. And, none of those teams viewed the Pistons as great competition anyway at this point of the season. None of them played their "A" game.

I'm sorry to break this to you, but while they were much needed wins, and impressive wins to a certain extent, those three wins do not erase the previous 20 games of suckitude the Pistons have been playing. With or without AI and whether he starts or Rip starts, this team still has issues.

Good wins. Quality wins. Much needed wins. They do not make the Pistons an elite team this season. Not even close.

Lp26
03-03-2009, 10:55 PM
They are 3rd best in the East. As of now they can't beat CLE or BOS. The only chance they have is if AI accepts the bench role, it becomes a huge success, Curry plays Aaron Afflalo and gets a headset that Larry Brown is on the other side of that transmits coaching instructions.

So i guess my answer is no. :lol

without Carmelo

Nuggets play better w/o Melo.

Vinnie_Johnson
03-03-2009, 11:05 PM
No they still suck. Just wait until AI returns.

bdubya
03-03-2009, 11:10 PM
If you define "elite" as "having a real shot at a trip to the Finals", then no, not elite. They look to have gotten back to "darn good", and I'm happy about that, but certainly not "elite". I'd rank them 4th in the east until they show me they can handle the Hawks.

sribb43
03-03-2009, 11:17 PM
Enjoy it will it lasts because it will all go downhill once AI comesback

Indazone
03-03-2009, 11:22 PM
Pistons will be good as long as Hamilton is running the show instead of Iverson. Iverson is where he belongs. Energy player off the bench.

Hemotivo
03-03-2009, 11:24 PM
Herrmann!

NBA Junkie
03-03-2009, 11:30 PM
Pistons will be good as long as Hamilton is running the show instead of Iverson. Iverson is where he belongs. In streetclothes.

Fixed

MarHill
03-03-2009, 11:33 PM
No.

Obviously, I will disagree JamStone.

There are 4 elite teams: Lakers, Celtics, Cavs and Spurs.

The fact that the Spurs are 40-19 and having 2 of big 3 missing games early in season...they would had a record challenging those other three elite teams.

iggypop123
03-03-2009, 11:33 PM
AI is coming back. hate to break the fun

JamStone
03-03-2009, 11:46 PM

The fact that the Spurs are 40-19 and having 2 of big 3 missing games early in season...they would had a record challenging those other three elite teams.

Orlando swept both the Lakers and the Spurs this year, and I don't consider them elite. It's not just purely about records or what teams have done with or without players. I view it as legitimately being able to win it all. I don't think the Spurs have the front court to compete for a championship, and that includes the addition of Drew Gooden.

I know some will disagree, but that's how I view it.

Pelicans78
03-03-2009, 11:56 PM
Orlando swept both the Lakers and the Spurs this year, and I don't consider them elite. It's not just purely about records or what teams have done with or without players. I view it as legitimately being able to win it all. I don't think the Spurs have the front court to compete for a championship, and that includes the addition of Drew Gooden.

I kinda disagree since Nelson was healthy in those games and they were a lethal team with him on the floor. He was having a really good season. Now its different without him.

MarHill
03-04-2009, 12:06 AM

Of course, I will disagree with that!

I believe both the Spurs and Lakers would beat the Magic in a 7 game playoff series and even if Nelson was healthy.

The second Spurs-Magic game was when Orlando was making a lot of 3 pt. shots because two nights later they shot 23 3-pts in Sacramento for a NBA record. They made 14 3-pointers in that game with the Spurs.

3 pt. shots come and go.

Also, until the Magic make it all way to at least the ECF I won't consider them an elite team. The Spurs made to WCF last year and with a healthy Manu would have a shot to defend their championship.

And, the Cavs beat the Spurs twice in the regular season in 2007 and got swept in the finals. So I don't think that regular season successs can always translate into post season success.

Lastly, I do think a regular season record is important when you are still able to play well without a major part of your lineup.

:flag:

DrHouse
03-04-2009, 12:15 AM
The Spurs do not have a frontcourt capable of winning an NBA title.

Kind of a weird thing to say considering they have Tim Duncan. But he can only guard one player at a time.

And Manu is always a question with his ankles, if he's not 100% then forget about it.

Pistonfan1
03-04-2009, 12:42 AM
Celtics played without KG and the Nuggets played without Carmelo. And, the Pistons have some mind control over the Orlando Magic players for some reason. And, none of those teams viewed the Pistons as great competition anyway at this point of the season. None of them played their "A" game.

I'm sorry to break this to you, but while they were much needed wins, and impressive wins to a certain extent, those three wins do not erase the previous 20 games of suckitude the Pistons have been playing. With or without AI and whether he starts or Rip starts, this team still has issues.

Good wins. Quality wins. Much needed wins. They do not make the Pistons an elite team this season. Not even close.

Say AI thrives as a 6th man, you are going to sit here and tell me the Pistons wont be elite and have a great shot at eliminating the Lakers/Cavs/Celts in a 7 game series???

Kriz-Maxima
03-04-2009, 12:45 AM
No.

Jacob1983
03-04-2009, 12:58 AM
No. And there are 4 elite teams in the NBA right now: Spurs, Cavs, Lakers, and Celtics. The only way the Pistons would beat the Celtics in the playoffs would be if Allen, Pierce, and KG were all injured and unable to play the entire series.

Obstructed_View
03-04-2009, 03:50 AM
They're playing much better thanks to Iverson being out, but they won't be elite with that dumbass as the coach.

mathbzh
03-04-2009, 07:51 AM

Kind of a weird thing to say considering they have Tim Duncan. But he can only guard one player at a time.

And Manu is always a question with his ankles, if he's not 100% then forget about it.

I see it like this:
The Spurs have a matchup problem against the Lakers.
But if somehow they can survive the Lakers, I like their chances in any other series (including finals against top East team).

The Franchise
03-04-2009, 07:58 AM
No.

eisfeld
03-04-2009, 08:08 AM
Elite? not quite but the Pistons are the Pistons and they can give any team some troubles if they keep focused throughout a series. It might not go down their way but I can see them taking any team a game seven if focused - but only time will tell.

JamStone
03-04-2009, 09:00 AM
Say AI thrives as a 6th man, you are going to sit here and tell me the Pistons wont be elite and have a great shot at eliminating the Lakers/Cavs/Celts in a 7 game series???

That's a huge "if." Iverson doesn't want to come off the bench. Expecting him to "thrive" as the 6th man is a huge leap of faith. And, even if that happens, that guarantees nothing. The Pistons are not an elite team. They have some pieces that can give some teams trouble, but no, I don't think they could beat the Lakers/Celtics/Cavs in a 7 game series even if Iverson does well in a bench role.

JamStone
03-04-2009, 09:05 AM
Of course, I will disagree with that!

I believe both the Spurs and Lakers would beat the Magic in a 7 game playoff series and even if Nelson was healthy.

The second Spurs-Magic game was when Orlando was making a lot of 3 pt. shots because two nights later they shot 23 3-pts in Sacramento for a NBA record. They made 14 3-pointers in that game with the Spurs.

3 pt. shots come and go.

Also, until the Magic make it all way to at least the ECF I won't consider them an elite team. The Spurs made to WCF last year and with a healthy Manu would have a shot to defend their championship.

And, the Cavs beat the Spurs twice in the regular season in 2007 and got swept in the finals. So I don't think that regular season successs can always translate into post season success.

Lastly, I do think a regular season record is important when you are still able to play well without a major part of your lineup.

:flag:

Well, we'll just have to disagree then. It's opinion either way. The Spurs are a very good team. I just don't believe they beat the other three teams in a 7 game series because of the front court power of those other three teams. Period. The Lakers are better than last year and they beat the Spurs in 5 last year. I think the Celtics beat the Spurs rather easily too. The Cavs might struggle some against the Spurs in a series, but I think they are a much better team than in 2007 and the Spurs aren't as strong as 2007. The Spurs are right up there among NBA teams AFTER the top three teams.

I kinda disagree since Nelson was healthy in those games and they were a lethal team with him on the floor. He was having a really good season. Now its different without him.

Could look at the Spurs and Manu Ginobili the same way. Ginobili may or may not be completely healthy when the playoffs come around. But who knows?

Rogue
03-04-2009, 09:17 AM

The spurs do have plenty of good players on the frontcourt, at least Duncan can make all those interiorly scrub players look good.

Tim can't guard one more player but the player he guards is always the paint cornerstone on the opponent team. and it's really hard to imagine how Kobe guards two players at the same time.

Manu's injury is just a fuse to his absence, he made the bomb himself in order to have more rest in the regular season.

Muser
03-04-2009, 02:47 PM
If the Pistons had been playing like this for the whole season, then they would be serious contenders, yes.

I think it's safe to say the Iverson experiment has failed, but people fail to recognise that the Pistons look to have a very bright future, to the best of my knowledge I think they are the team with them most money to spend in the off season, and they also have a very talented young point guard in Stuckey who can be a major threat in the upcoming years.

Killakobe81
03-04-2009, 02:53 PM
No.

Jamstone normally agree with you but Spurs are better than the cavs and are elite ...i know it was 3 years ago and the Cavs are better especially LBJ and having Mo williams instead of ...Esnow ...BUT Spurs swept them in a 7 game series ...i think they beat tem in 6 this time ...

provided manu is healthy ...they still have no match for Parker, They will funnel their defense to keep LBj out of the paint and duncan will destroy Verajao and or Z ...if they double Pop goes to the shooter lineup and kill them with mason and bonner ...

Only way to beat spurs is with minimal doubles ...because they lead to open 3's and driving lanes on missed rotations for parker and manu ...

to beat spurs ...
1. You need an athletic big (actually a couple in case of foul trouble)
2. patience on offense
3. a scorer whol will not get frustrated by Bowen's defense
4. knock down open 3's
5. keep parker out of paint
6. Don't let manu get hot ...
7. play some defense with minimal doubling ...

Lakers have done this better than most over the years that is why we always play them tough ...even when we lost to them under phil

Cavs only have #'s 3, 7 and 4 ... cant beat spurs book it ...

JamStone
03-04-2009, 05:09 PM
While you mention it, I don't think you give Cleveland's team defense enough credit in your analysis. The Cavs are a top 3, maybe top 2 team defensively. They have great rotations this year. They don't double for the most part. And, they have size, strength, speed, athleticism, and maybe most importantly depth at every position. They have a lot of flexibility with their personnel to go big, go small, or go with all shooters.

With Duncan, they won't be able to stop him, but they are in as good a position as any team other than the Lakers to frustrate Duncan a lot. If Ben Wallace returns by the playoffs, they'll have five different looks for Duncan with Wallace, Varejao, Ilgauskas, Joe Smith, and JJ Hickson. None of those five need to play 30+ minutes in a game, so they'll have sufficient rest and 30 fouls to work with against Duncan. Ben Wallace brings upper body strength and long arms and experience; Zydrunas brings size and length and perimeter shooting; Varejao brings dirty play, sharp elbows, flopping, and irritation; Joe Smith brings some savvy and midrange jump shooting, and Hickson brings young, fresh legs and athleticism. Again, they won't be able to stop Duncan, but they have a good, big, flexibile crew of big man to throw at Duncan.

As for stopping Tony Parker, it isn't mandatory to beat the Spurs if a team can counter his production at the point guard position. The Cavs have that in Mo Williams. He might not be better than Tony Parker, but he's more than capable and actually likely to match if not exceed his production in any given game. That relieves some pressure of stopping Parker and forces Parker work on defense as well.

I think the Cavs would beat the Spurs in a seven game series this year.

anonoftheinternets
03-04-2009, 05:36 PM

Tim can't guard one more player but the player he guards is always the paint cornerstone on the opponent team. and it's really hard to imagine how Kobe guards two players at the same time.

LOL :rollin
owned ....

de Soto
03-04-2009, 06:42 PM
No they have not. Too bad because Detroit was always an OK team in my book.

MarHill
03-04-2009, 06:49 PM
While you mention it, I don't think you give Cleveland's team defense enough credit in your analysis. The Cavs are a top 3, maybe top 2 team defensively. They have great rotations this year. They don't double for the most part. And, they have size, strength, speed, athleticism, and maybe most importantly depth at every position. They have a lot of flexibility with their personnel to go big, go small, or go with all shooters.

With Duncan, they won't be able to stop him, but they are in as good a position as any team other than the Lakers to frustrate Duncan a lot. If Ben Wallace returns by the playoffs, they'll have five different looks for Duncan with Wallace, Varejao, Ilgauskas, Joe Smith, and JJ Hickson. None of those five need to play 30+ minutes in a game, so they'll have sufficient rest and 30 fouls to work with against Duncan. Ben Wallace brings upper body strength and long arms and experience; Zydrunas brings size and length and perimeter shooting; Varejao brings dirty play, sharp elbows, flopping, and irritation; Joe Smith brings some savvy and midrange jump shooting, and Hickson brings young, fresh legs and athleticism. Again, they won't be able to stop Duncan, but they have a good, big, flexibile crew of big man to throw at Duncan.

As for stopping Tony Parker, it isn't mandatory to beat the Spurs if a team can counter his production at the point guard position. The Cavs have that in Mo Williams. He might not be better than Tony Parker, but he's more than capable and actually likely to match if not exceed his production in any given game. That relieves some pressure of stopping Parker and forces Parker work on defense as well.

I think the Cavs would beat the Spurs in a seven game series this year.

Jamstone,

You forgot Manu. If he's healthy and playing well.....it makes the Spurs that much better than the Cavs.

I will agree the Cavs this year are better now than 2007. But the Spurs are better offensively this year than last year.

I still think they will beat the Cavs in a 7 game series.

Kobe™
03-04-2009, 06:56 PM
That is 3 impressive victories in a row for the Pistons. Do you guys think this team is elite to take down the Cavs/Celts/Lakers in a 7 game series? Thoughts?

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m210/d_julien/450.gif

JamStone
03-04-2009, 06:58 PM
I didn't forget Manu. How could I? He's one of my favorite players in the league.

But, his counterpart as the main wing option on the Cavs is LeBron James. Nuff said.

Pelicans78
03-04-2009, 07:01 PM
This wasn't a very good thread. I just made one statement saying the Pistons would be the 3rd best team in the East and now it got blown out of proportion.

JamStone
03-04-2009, 07:46 PM
First, I don't think this thread was made because of your comment.

And even if it was, your comment didn't get blown out of proportion (except maybe the OP) since virtually everybody in this thread said that the Pistons were NOT contenders.

iggypop123
03-05-2009, 12:43 AM
when they get AI back they will go back to normal

Austin_Toros
03-05-2009, 01:53 AM
How peculiar - Iverson does not play and the Pistons are back to winning.....

Agloco
03-05-2009, 04:14 PM

http://www.globalbydesign.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/stay_thirsty_my_friends.gifNO

Heath Ledger
03-05-2009, 04:18 PM

A little biased there buddy?

Heath Ledger
03-05-2009, 04:19 PM
http://www.globalbydesign.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/stay_thirsty_my_friends.gifNO

Idiot statement of the day award.

The Pistons had their 6 or 7 game win streak when Hamilton was out. Iverson is not the entire reason to blame for this subpar season, much of it relies on Currys shitty coaching and substitutions.

Agloco
03-05-2009, 04:25 PM
Idiot statement of the day award.

The Pistons had their 6 or 7 game win streak when Hamilton was out. Iverson is not the entire reason to blame for this subpar season, much of it relies on Currys shitty coaching and substitutions.

Last I checked, Curry was still running that Mickey Mouse roadshow. How the hell does some random 6 game win streak translate into being able to come out of the East or beat the Lakers? Delusions of Grandeur.......the avatar fits.

Agloco
03-05-2009, 04:26 PM
A little biased there buddy?

Spurs started 2-5 without Manu or Tony. Biased he might be, but there's also the facts.

JamStone
03-05-2009, 04:52 PM
The Pistons have beaten the Lakers (in LA), the Spurs (in SA), the Cavaliers, the Magic, the Nuggets (at Denver) all with Iverson in the line-up.

The Pistons have the talent to challenge most of the top teams except maybe the Celtics. The problems with coaching, effort, chemistry, among other things, have made for a very poor season compared to what was expected of them.

They are not elite because of a lot of things. But, they very likely aren't as bad as they had been playing before the last few games.

JamStone
03-05-2009, 04:53 PM
Spurs started 2-5 without Manu or Tony. Biased he might be, but there's also the facts.

Those "facts" don't mean the Spurs are elite. They don't anymore than the fact that the Pistons have beaten basically all of the top teams in the league with Iverson in the line-up.

Heath Ledger
03-05-2009, 05:27 PM
Last I checked, Curry was still running that Mickey Mouse roadshow. How the hell does some random 6 game win streak translate into being able to come out of the East or beat the Lakers? Delusions of Grandeur.......the avatar fits.

I didn't relate their 6 game win streak to them being able to come out of the east dipshit. Did you actually read my entire post or just skim over the part of it you wanted to attack?

Everyone is putting too much blame on Iverson as far as the Pistons woes, my post was to point out they had their biggest win streak of the season with Iverson in the lineup when Rip was injured, so now to suggest they are winning because Iverson is not in the lineup is ridculous at best. Curry as I have said is much to blame, its clear the players are not behind him and his system or lack thereof.

Heath Ledger
03-05-2009, 05:44 PM
Lol
Subpar, they've beat the Spurs, Lakers, Cavs, Boston, Denver, Lol. What is subpar is Curry. That is all.

Take off the homer glasses.

Pistonfan1
03-06-2009, 09:41 PM
Bump! For the folks continuing to discount the Pistons as elites...that's 4 wins in a row as they dominated the Warriors in impressive fashion. This team is for real and they are a serious darkhorse in the east. Celts/Cavs look out!! Go Pistons!!!

Pistons < Spurs
03-06-2009, 09:44 PM
Stop it. They're not elite. Beating the Warriors by 20 surely doesn't place them upon a pedestal. Nor do 3 other measly wins against teams missing key players. We're getting better. We're looking more like our old selves. But that's it.

Pistonfan1
03-06-2009, 09:48 PM
Stop it. They're not elite. Beating the Warriors by 20 surely doesn't place them upon a pedestal. Nor do 3 other measly wins against teams missing key players. We're getting better. We're looking more like our old selves. But that's it.

Looking like our old selves means being back to elite status. You stop it.

j-money24
03-06-2009, 09:54 PM
spurs dont count as elites.
they are pretenders
only spurs fans believe their elites.

JamStone
03-06-2009, 10:00 PM
Bump! For the folks continuing to discount the Pistons as elites...that's 4 wins in a row as they dominated the Warriors in impressive fashion. This team is for real and they are a serious darkhorse in the east. Celts/Cavs look out!! Go Pistons!!!

Warriors without Stephen Jackson, Monta Ellis, Andris Biedrins, Corey Maggette, and Kelenna Azubuike.

Are you being serious or are you this much of a naive fanatic?

Ghazi
03-06-2009, 10:09 PM
The Pistons have beaten the Lakers (in LA), the Spurs (in SA), the Cavaliers, the Magic, the Nuggets (at Denver) all with Iverson in the line-up.

The Pistons have the talent to challenge most of the top teams except maybe the Celtics. The problems with coaching, effort, chemistry, among other things, have made for a very poor season compared to what was expected of them.

They are not elite because of a lot of things. But, they very likely aren't as bad as they had been playing before the last few games.

Pacers have done something along those lines too. ;)

JamStone
03-06-2009, 10:24 PM
True enough. Pacers won't be in the playoffs though.

bdubya
03-07-2009, 12:14 AM
...that's 4 wins in a row as they dominated half the Warriors, mostly bench players, in impressive fashion.

Fixed. :toast

Pistonfan1
03-07-2009, 10:58 PM
Bump! Elites beat themselves at times which is exactly what the Pistons did tonight. Just wait till AI returns as our 6th man. :toast

JamStone
03-07-2009, 10:59 PM
Stop bumping this foolish thread.

Muser
03-08-2009, 10:00 AM
AI as a 6th man. :lol

Pistonfan1
03-09-2009, 09:13 PM
Bump! Another quality win this time with no Sheed or AI. And people still say this team isnt elite? Keep on doubting the Pistons.

Amuseddaysleeper
03-09-2009, 09:29 PM
Spurs aren't elite.

They've gotten a decent record despite the injuries, but their defense is still inconsistent. Even the D hass improved somewhat in the last couple weeks, I think the Spurs are running out of time to get their defensive rotations crisp.

Hell, Pop doesn't even have a set rotation and the playoffs start next month.

JoeTait75
03-09-2009, 09:36 PM
Bump! Another quality win this time with no Sheed or AI. And people still say this team isnt elite? Keep on doubting the Pistons.

I'm more doubting the Magic against the Pistons than anything. Right now that's the 3-6 matchup in the East playoffs. I don't think anyone in Orlando wants anything to do with Detroit in a series.

Pistonfan1
03-09-2009, 09:43 PM
I'm more doubting the Magic against the Pistons than anything. Right now that's the 3-6 matchup in the East playoffs. I don't think anyone in Orlando wants anything to do with Detroit in a series.

The same can easily be said about the Celtics/Cavs. I think those 2 teams somewhat fear facing us in a 7 game series. It took Lebron/Gibson playing at an all time high level to just get past the Pistons 2 years ago. The Celts needed injuries to the Pistons to just get by in 6 games. The Celts are worse than a year ago and the Cavs are the same team as that 2007 squad. I dont think people realize that we are right there with the best of them.

Ballin Boy
03-09-2009, 09:43 PM
I would say thats a pretty safe assumption.

JoeTait75
03-09-2009, 09:47 PM
The same can easily be said about the Celtics/Cavs. I think those 2 teams somewhat fear facing us in a 7 game series. It took Lebron/Gibson playing at an all time high level to just get past the Pistons 2 years ago. The Celts needed injuries to the Pistons to just get by in 6 games. The Celts are worse than a year ago and the Cavs are the same team as that 2007 squad. I dont think people realize that we are right there with the best of them.

You need to remove the homer glasses. The Cavaliers are WAY better than they were two years ago. That team had humps like Damon Jones, Eric Snow, Larry Hughes and Donyell Marshall logging major minutes. And if you think Cleveland has any fear of Detroit in a series, you're crazy. Respect? Sure. Fear? GMAFB.

Pistonfan1
04-08-2009, 09:08 PM
Bump!! 113-86! Holy shit! I think this team has finally turned it around. The injury bug was hurting us but we got passed it and we are going to the playoffs as a dark horse! BRING ON THE CELTS OR CAVS. BOTH ARE OVERRATED AND VERY BEATABLE!

lefty
04-08-2009, 09:10 PM
Bump!! 113-86! Holy shit! I think this team has finally turned it around. The injury bug was hurting us but we got passed it and we are going to the playoffs as a dark horse! BRING ON THE CELTS OR CAVS. BOTH ARE OVERRATED AND VERY BEATABLE!

Premature ejaculation forum

Ballin Boy
04-08-2009, 09:11 PM

cmon dog it was the knicks

BUMP
04-08-2009, 09:14 PM
sons maybe you could take Cleveland to 5 games

resistanze
04-08-2009, 10:28 PM
LMAO @ bumping a thread after a month, where the team is still 2 games under .500.

Bob Lanier
04-08-2009, 10:40 PM
Here's your dark horse.

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q124/cdnuniguy/pistons.gif

Allanon
04-08-2009, 11:08 PM
I don't think the Pistons can win it all.

But if there's a team that can pull an upset in the first round, it would be the Pistons. Cavs vs Pistons is not a series I would bet on one way or the other.

Now if the Pistons move into #7, the show's over in the first round vs the Celtics.

anonoftheinternets
04-08-2009, 11:47 PM

LOL :lol ......... ur sig ..... kg quote ........ :rollin

Ghazi
04-09-2009, 12:08 AM

But if there's a team that can pull an upset in the first round, it would be the Pistons. Cavs vs Pistons is not a series I would bet on one way or the other.

Now if the Pistons move into #7, the show's over in the first round vs the Celtics.

Really going out on a limb there :rolleyes

75 win motha fuckin ecstasy bitches!:lobt2:

Allanon
04-09-2009, 12:57 AM
Really going out on a limb there :rolleyes

75 win motha fuckin ecstasy bitches!:lobt2:

Not bold enough for you? Ok, how about this one?

"Lakers will win the Championship this year."

You guys are too choosy in your quotes, I also said the Lakers would run away with the West this year too.

You can file that new quote and bump it when I'm right. :lol

Darrin
04-09-2009, 10:25 AM

No. The Pistons have been hot and cold.

Tacker
04-09-2009, 04:23 PM
Couldn't beat them with Billups, wont be able to beat them without.

Pistonfan1
04-11-2009, 12:36 AM
Bump!!! Yet another impressive victory. The playoffs are next weekend and the Pistons have turned the corner. They are under the radar and no one is expecting them to be a threat. Just wait and see this team shock the world in the playoffs just like they did in 2004. I hope we get the Cavs round 1. Id love to beat Boston and prove that injuries to Rip/Chauncy is why they won but beating the Cavs would be a great way to begin the postseason. THE PISTONS HAVE RETURNED!

Pistonfan1
04-11-2009, 12:37 AM
LMAO @ bumping a thread after a month, where the team is still 2 games under .500.

1 Game under .500 and hitting their peak at the right time. This team is looking more and more like the 2004 and 2005 team.

Kriz-Maxima
04-11-2009, 12:51 AM
You are delusional. I admire you man, I wish I had the faith you have.

Pistonfan1
07-24-2009, 09:28 PM
Bump

Even though I didnt like the contract we gave Ben Gordon, I am really starting to like this team.

Stucky/Rip/Prince/Charlie V/Kwame is a kickass starting 5

Bench: Bynum/Gordon/Summers/Daye/Wilcox/Max is a damn good second unit.

Got a good young coach who will earn this teams respect.

The more I think about it, the more im convinced this team can hang with the best of the east and the west. Boston/Cavs are old and overrated. We own Orlando. Hawks are whatever. Miami only has wade. This team is right there in the east. In the west we own the Lakers.

This is a sickass team with so much versatility. :lobt2:

Ghazi
07-24-2009, 09:31 PM
No.

Spursfan092120
07-24-2009, 09:36 PM
Bump

Even though I didnt like the contract we gave Ben Gordon, I am really starting to like this team.

The more I think about it, the more im convinced this team can hang with the best of the east and the west. Boston/Cavs are old and overrated. We own Orlando. Hawks are whatever. Miami only has wade. This team is right there in the east. In the west we own the Lakers.

Parker/Ginobili/Jefferson/McDyess/Duncan

Don't think I've ever heard "Kwame" and "kickass" in the same sentence.

Pistonfan1
07-24-2009, 09:37 PM
Care to explain?

We have a rising star in Ben Gordon who is clutch and a superstar in the 4th. Charlie V can post up and shoot the rock and is a flat out explosive scorer. Wilcox is only 26 and this is the team he will really turn it around with. He has all the tools to be a star. Kwame Brown is a damn good interior defender as he will help make our D a top 5-10. Stucky is a rising star who can drive it. Bynum is the best backup pg in the league. Rip/Prince are solid defenders who bring experience and leadership along with solid offensive games. Daye/Summers are youngsters that make us even more dangerous. Maxieel is a great energetic bigman off the bench (I hate that contract tho).

gaKNOW!blee
07-24-2009, 09:39 PM
Bump

Thats not really a kick ass starting 5.

Ghazi
07-24-2009, 09:40 PM
While the Pistons have a decent collection of players, I believe their problem is a lack of a superstar, a lack of a star for that matter, and on paper they don't seem like they're gonna be that good defensively.

Maybe a 6-8 seed.

Pistonfan1
07-24-2009, 09:46 PM
While the Pistons have a decent collection of players, I believe their problem is a lack of a superstar, a lack of a star for that matter, and on paper they don't seem like they're gonna be that good defensively.

Maybe a 6-8 seed.

:sleep We didnt have a superstar when we won it all in 2004 and nearly took it in 2005. Plus Ben Gordon, while not a superstar in general, is a playoff and 4th quarter superstar which is all we really need. The D will be a top 10. Kwame will shut down the paint while Stuckey/Rip/Prince lockdown the perimeter. The O is going to be just nasty.

Pistons < Spurs
07-24-2009, 09:54 PM
The D will be a top 10.

resistanze
07-24-2009, 09:57 PM
You bump a thread in which you were proven to be terribly wrong?

Kriz-Maxima
07-24-2009, 10:16 PM
I still admire your faith.

Culburn369
07-24-2009, 10:19 PM
...not to mention you have your own room that the Spurs built you after they built that shoe store in your ass and you come in here with the grownups.

You got some nerve.

Ballin Boy
07-24-2009, 11:27 PM
...not to mention you have your own room that the Spurs built you after they built that shoe store in your ass and you come in here with the grownups.

You got some nerve.

lol its just him and not the rest of us. However I wouldnt really call a seven game series a "shoe store built" in anyones ass. not like what happened in 2004 when we beat the lakers.

Culburn369
07-25-2009, 12:36 AM
lol its just him and not the rest of us. However I wouldnt really call a seven game series a "shoe store built" in anyones ass. not like what happened in 2004 when we beat the lakers.

Perhaps, but, you sure as Hell didn't build us a room to go into after "what happened in 2004." And if you had, we sure as Hell wouldn't a went into it, like you did here.

Mr. Body
07-25-2009, 12:38 AM

lol

23LeBronJames23
07-25-2009, 01:27 AM
NO! But we will have to see how they will do.

DJB
07-25-2009, 03:46 AM
Is this thread for real?

carrao45
07-25-2009, 03:57 AM
Bump

:lmao Kwame is not a championship starting Center

JamStone
07-25-2009, 04:41 AM
This thread still sucks.

Why the hell did you bump it?

Texas_Ranger
07-25-2009, 04:49 AM
Pistons are a solid team, but not a championship team. I can see them end on the 5-8 seed on the end of the season.

Darrin
07-25-2009, 12:12 PM
The Pistons have too many question marks to make an accurate prediction right now. This team will be exciting to watch. Not since 2003 have the Pistons been this loaded with young, unproven talent. The fact they are on this team together and they have pieces that have been discarded means that this team has the opportunity for success that the 2003 Pistons didn't squander.

However, the interior players must play to their capabilities and maximize their roles on the roster or they are going nowhere. The same for whether the scorers can figure out an offensive system that rewards everyone without a lot of wasted energy. Part of the problem last year was that as they integrated Iverson, the offense shut down. They weren't the agressors on a nightly basis. And if they weren't hitting shots around Iverson or Stuckey, they stopped trying on both ends of the floor. There's not much accountability there.

Kuester is saying all the right things. If he's anything like Larry Brown--if he truly has guys prepared for the task and communicating with one another--then the bonds of chemistry will eventually make its way onto this team.

It's exciting to think about this team right now. I don't think they are contenders for a championship, but there's room for them to give someone trouble in the postseason if things break their way.

Pistonfan1
07-25-2009, 03:48 PM
This thread still sucks.

Why the hell did you bump it?

No it doesnt suck but your attitude does.

Pistonfan1
07-25-2009, 03:49 PM
Is this thread for real?

Damn right it's for real.

Muser
07-25-2009, 04:25 PM
Bump

Ignorance is bliss, Boston are the best in the east when healthy, they took the Eastern champs to 7 without KG, add in that they have Sheed for more depth and they've got one scary team when healthy. Cleveland...have to see if Shaq still has a good year left in the tank, if he does then no way Pistons get past them. Kwame freakin' brown ain't defending him.

As for the Pistons owning the Lakers this coming year...:lmao.

carrao45
07-25-2009, 04:37 PM
Ignorance is bliss, Boston are the best in the east when healthy, they took the Eastern champs to 7 without KG, add in that they have Sheed for more depth and they've got one scary team when healthy. Cleveland...have to see if Shaq still has a good year left in the tank, if he does then no way Pistons get past them. Kwame freakin' brown ain't defending him.

As for the Pistons owning the Lakers this coming year...:lmao.

this

carrao45
07-25-2009, 04:39 PM
No it doesnt suck but your attitude does.

No, this thread does suck, like the Pistons.

And i think it's funny you bumped a thread in which you were proven to be not only wrong, but also incredibly stupid

Hornets1
07-25-2009, 04:48 PM
Pistons are a solid team, but not a championship team. I can see them end on the 5-8 seed on the end of the season.

I think the Wizards are going to surprise some people this year(Not a contender, but a legitimate playoff team). I see Washington and Detroit fighting for the 5th seed next year.
My East prediction
1.Celtics(If healthy)
2. Cavs
3. Magic
4. Chicago
5. Washington
6. Detroit
7. Miami
8. Atlanta

Just a guess right now

DPG21920
07-25-2009, 05:01 PM
I see it like this:

Celtics
Cavs
Orlando
Atlanta
Heat
Bulls
Pistons/Raps/Bobcats/Philly/Wash all close for the 6-8th seeds if everyone is healthy.

Pistonfan1
08-07-2009, 09:38 PM
Bump!

Just got Big Ben Wallace back. Our interior D is going to be pretty damn good with Kwame/Ben protecting the paint. Im calling it now, the Pistons will have a top 5-10 offense and defense. Big Ben will be rejuvenated and bring back that presence when he first left us. Man im pumped!

TheProfessor
08-07-2009, 09:43 PM
You're pumped about Kwame Brown and the carcass of Ben Wallace?

Pistons < Spurs
08-07-2009, 09:49 PM
Bump!

Just got Big Ben Wallace back. Our interior D is going to be pretty damn good with Kwame/Ben protecting the paint. Im calling it now, the Pistons will have a top 5-10 offense and defense. Big Ben will be rejuvenated and bring back that presence when he first left us. Man im pumped!

Ben's not going to even average 10 minutes this year you twit.

Vinnie_Johnson
08-07-2009, 11:25 PM
Ben's not going to even average 10 minutes this year you twit.

Why are you even bothering?:depressed

Pistonfan1
08-10-2009, 02:45 AM
bump!

http://www.nba.com/pistons/news/signings_090807.html

The dark horses of the east/nba keep on getting stronger and stronger. :toast

carrao45
08-10-2009, 11:30 PM
bump!

http://www.nba.com/pistons/news/signings_090807.html

The dark horses of the east/nba keep on getting stronger and stronger. :toast
Dude...:stfu

Culburn369
08-11-2009, 03:59 AM
Carr!!!!!!!!!!!! Sweetheart!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pumpkinpuss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Give old Culburn two or three words that'll change me life.

Muser
08-11-2009, 08:18 AM
This has to be a troll

LnGrrrR
08-11-2009, 09:50 AM
Bump!

Ok... whoever you are, come from behind the curtain. Mouse? BUMP? Mono? :lol

Pistonfan1
10-28-2009, 09:11 PM
Bump!

Blowing out a team without Charlie V. And the haters said this team was done. Look at how good they are and they still have a top notch defense. The Pistons aren't rebuilding. They just reloaded!:toast

badfish22
10-28-2009, 09:13 PM
Bump!

Blowing out a team without Charlie V. And the haters said this team was done. Look at how good they are and they still have a top notch defense. The Pistons aren't rebuilding. They just reloaded!:toast

I guess..... If you can consider Memphis "a team" :lmao

Pistonfan1
10-28-2009, 09:23 PM
With the Cavs falling apart...it looks as if the Pistons main concern is the Boston Celtics in the east. We own Orlando, Cavs are imploding, and the Celts needed injuries in 2008 to barley get past us in 6 games. A healthy Piston team can hang with and beat the Celts in a 7 game series.

Pistonfan1
10-29-2009, 02:56 AM
bump

96-74! 74 points allowed!!!!:wow:wow

scampers
10-29-2009, 10:23 AM
bump

96-74! 74 points allowed!!!!:wow:wow

vs. Memphis.

I watched the game... the Pistons did play well, but Memphis was having a horrible night. The only :wow moment in that game for me was the fact that Rip and Gordon actually worked well together. We'll see if it lasts...

Venti Quattro
10-29-2009, 12:03 PM
Decent contenders, yes.

Pistonfan1
11-03-2009, 10:10 PM
Bump!

Held the Magic to under 80 points!!!! Pistons showed yet again why they are a better team than Orlando. What do the haters have to say about that?

Pistonfan1
11-03-2009, 10:15 PM

:rolleyes:rolleyes We held the Magic to under 80 points! Still don't think it is a top 10 D? :rolleyes

redzero
11-03-2009, 10:17 PM
Bump!

Held the Magic to under 80 points!!!! Pistons showed yet again why they are a better team than Orlando. What do the haters have to say about that?

The Pistons are the Magic's kryptonite.

Kriz-Maxima
11-03-2009, 10:20 PM
I did not expect this one, I must admit.

JamStone
11-03-2009, 10:22 PM
Kori, lock the thread request pleeeeeease

pauls931
11-03-2009, 10:23 PM
Pffft, Orlando implodes every once in a while. However it's nice to see the Pistons playing good ball. Looks like the east is better than the west.

SpurForLife
11-03-2009, 10:25 PM
Kori, lock the thread request pleeeeeease

I second that!!!

Kriz-Maxima
11-03-2009, 10:29 PM
Third!

carrao45
11-03-2009, 10:57 PM
Bump!

80 Exactly, but the Magic have a mental block about the Pistons, the Pistons are not elites and won't be for some time. Give it up assface, you're worse than tlong.

Pistonfan1
11-11-2009, 09:50 PM
Bumpity bump bump bump!

Grinded out a great game against Philly Detroit championship style and now are blowing out the Bobcats. Slow but promising start now at .500. This team is really coming together. Of course the haters will keep on hating. And the fans of other teams will acknowledge the Pistons because they are scared or just sucking up to Piston fans.

carrao45
11-11-2009, 10:12 PM
Bumpity bump bump bump!

Grinded out a great game against Philly Detroit championship style and now are blowing out the Bobcats. Slow but promising start now at .500. This team is really coming together. Of course the haters will keep on hating. And the fans of other teams will acknowledge the Pistons because they are scared or just sucking up to Piston fans.

http://www.icanhasforce.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/star-wars-lord-vader-faggotry.jpg

Allanon
11-11-2009, 10:13 PM
Pistons elite?

:lol

Pistonfan1
11-11-2009, 10:36 PM
Pistons elite?

:lol

Ben Wallace is the Ben of 2002-2005.
Gordon is a superstar 4th quarter player.
Charlie V is a stud and a rising star.
Stucky is a rising youngster

This team has so much versatility and they have a real coach as well.

They are elite.
Boston is too old to keep up with this Detroit team.
Cavs are old and overrated. They were just lucky we quit before the playoffs begun.
We OWN Orlando.

The rest of the teams aren't on Detroit's level. Pistons as long as they are healthy, have the best team in the east. This team is too good not to be mentioned in the same breath as the Lakers,Nuggets,Spurs.

Allanon
11-11-2009, 10:38 PM
Ben Wallace is the Ben of 2002-2005.
Gordon is a superstar 4th quarter player.
Charlie V is a stud and a rising star.
Stucky is a rising youngster

This team has so much versatility and they have a real coach as well.

They are elite.
Boston is too old to keep up with this Detroit team.
Cavs are old and overrated. They were just lucky we quit before the playoffs begun.
We OWN Orlando.

The rest of the teams aren't on Detroit's level. Pistons as long as they are healthy, have the best team in the east. This team is too good not to be mentioned in the same breath as the Lakers,Nuggets,Spurs.

I haven't watched any Piston games this year. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

Next Tuesday, it's on.

Pistonfan1
11-11-2009, 10:40 PM
http://www.icanhasforce.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/star-wars-lord-vader-faggotry.jpg

:rolleyes:rolleyes

Someone is paranoid about the Pistons.

Pistons < Spurs
11-11-2009, 11:00 PM
not this nonsense again .... put it to rest

We beat a shitty team. Woopity Woop!

Pistonfan1
11-17-2009, 10:36 PM
Bump!

I will be sure to bump this thread again when the Pistons aka the best team in the east kick the lakers asses all over staples tonight! You see Laker fans it is quite simple....PISTONS OWN THE LAKERS!

Pistons win 107-90 tonight and hand the Lakers their 3rd loss in a row! :toast

Pistons < Spurs
11-18-2009, 12:23 AM
Bump!

I will be sure to bump this thread again when the Pistons aka the best team in the east kick the lakers asses all over staples tonight! You see Laker fans it is quite simple....PISTONS OWN THE LAKERS!

Brilliant.

IronMexican
11-18-2009, 12:23 AM
Bump!

Gimme a high 5!

Darrin
11-18-2009, 12:24 AM
We are not elite and won't be for 2-3 seasons even if everything breaks their way.

David Stern
11-18-2009, 01:10 AM
We are not elite and won't be for 2-3 seasons even if everything breaks their way.

2-3 years? Um you aren't the lakers. You don't go from average to elite that quickly unless you are. It will be 5-6 years at the earliest before you even enter the elite conversation. If your 2 best players are Charlie V and Ben Gordon still, you won't even be in the conversation. You need a superstar. A bunch of nice quality players won't cut it. You got lucky in 2004 but that was a once in a blue moon moment.

ElNono
11-18-2009, 01:12 AM
This thread delivers :tu

Pistonfan1
11-18-2009, 06:45 PM
Well I thought this current squad would kick the lakers teeth in. It is too bad Rip/Prince weren't playing. Kobe struggles against prince and Rip is a Laker killer.

Oh well they fought back but just didn't have enough.

Onto tonight. I love our chances against the Blazers. This Piston team is young elite and hungry. Time to get back on our traditional winning ways.

Pistons 101
Blazers 85

:toast

Darrin
11-18-2009, 07:24 PM
2-3 years? Um you aren't the lakers. You don't go from average to elite that quickly unless you are. It will be 5-6 years at the earliest before you even enter the elite conversation. If your 2 best players are Charlie V and Ben Gordon still, you won't even be in the conversation. You need a superstar. A bunch of nice quality players won't cut it. You got lucky in 2004 but that was a once in a blue moon moment.

I beg to differ. First, it took the Lakers 5 years to transition from Shaq-Kobe to Bryant's team. Pau Gasol is one of the great rip-offs of all time, hence, things broke their way.

Ben Gordon and Charlie V are not our best players right now. The Pistons have great guard play. We haven't seen this team at full-strength for more than one game, against Memphis. Rodney Stuckey and Rip Hamilton were the starters with Ben Gordon and Will Bynum off the bench. Right now, the Pistons are playing three guys under 6-5 in crunch time because Hamilton is gone and why I think Will Bynum is gone after this season, probably to the Lakers. Austin Daye looks like Tayshaun Prince's little brother, and I'm talking about his game, not his physique.

What they need is a frontline. If they can get someone to replace Ben Wallace and Kwame Brown, Jason Maxiell and Dajuan Summers, it won't be that long. They need guys who can rebound and defend the paint. After that, they have the scoring, the system, and the mindset to get back into contention.

They aren't that far away. They just need to find some interior-D.

JamStone
11-18-2009, 07:29 PM
Gimme a high 5!

Immediately made me think of the Wayans Brothers theme song...

We're brothers.
We're happy and we're singing and we're colored.
GIVE ME A HIIIIGH 5!!!

http://i522.photobucket.com/albums/w345/aaronm713/TheWayansBros.jpg

Oh, and can we lock this thread already?!?!

David Stern
11-18-2009, 08:17 PM
I beg to differ. First, it took the Lakers 5 years to transition from Shaq-Kobe to Bryant's team. Pau Gasol is one of the great rip-offs of all time, hence, things broke their way.

Ben Gordon and Charlie V are not our best players right now. The Pistons have great guard play. We haven't seen this team at full-strength for more than one game, against Memphis. Rodney Stuckey and Rip Hamilton were the starters with Ben Gordon and Will Bynum off the bench. Right now, the Pistons are playing three guys under 6-5 in crunch time because Hamilton is gone and why I think Will Bynum is gone after this season, probably to the Lakers. Austin Daye looks like Tayshaun Prince's little brother, and I'm talking about his game, not his physique.

What they need is a frontline. If they can get someone to replace Ben Wallace and Kwame Brown, Jason Maxiell and Dajuan Summers, it won't be that long. They need guys who can rebound and defend the paint. After that, they have the scoring, the system, and the mindset to get back into contention.

They aren't that far away. They just need to find some interior-D.

Interior D will help but the fact is you would still be lacking a SUPERSTAR. You need that to win championships. The scoring will have its share of issues in the playoffs because of that. They need that guy who demands double teams. Having a bunch of role players doesn't cut it in this league. In the playoffs they won't be all that difficult to defend because of that.
Charlie V/Gordon are not your best players? Wow not a good sign at all. Who is then? Rip? :lmao Will Bynum?:lmao:lmao

You aren't getting anywhere near a championship until you get a superstar.

Oh and it only took 3 and a 1/2 give or take years to go from average to elite. Lakers became average in the summer of 2004. In February 2008, they returned as elites.

Darrin
11-18-2009, 08:30 PM
Interior D will help but the fact is you would still be lacking a SUPERSTAR. You need that to win championships. The scoring will have its share of issues in the playoffs because of that. They need that guy who demands double teams. Having a bunch of role players doesn't cut it in this league. In the playoffs they won't be all that difficult to defend because of that.
Charlie V/Gordon are not your best players? Wow not a good sign at all. Who is then? Rip? :lmao Will Bynum?:lmao:lmao

You aren't getting anywhere near a championship until you get a superstar.

You sound a lot like me when I used to laugh at Lakers fans that told me that Kobe would grow, Bynum was as good as Shaq, Sasha could be one of the best shooters in the game, and Lamar Odom wasn't a rip-off.

The Pistons' guard-play is fantastic. Yes, Richard Hamilton is the Pistons best offensive threat. Ben Gordon will return to the bench when he comes back. We have six guys averaging double figures.

Richard Hamilton - 25.0 ppg.
Ben Gordon - 22.0 ppg.
Rodney Stuckey - 16.7 ppg.
Charlie V - 15.4 ppg.
Will Bynum - 14.9 ppg.
Tayshaun Prince - 12.3 ppg.

It's a very potent attack when everyone is healthy. I'd trust Rip, Gordon, and Bynum to take the last shot at the end of the game. I would trust Stuckey and Prince to lock down the best player on the perimeter.

We don't know where the ceiling on Rodney Stuckey is yet. Austin Daye is going to be one of those guys in double-digits in three years. This team has room to grow.

David Stern
11-18-2009, 08:31 PM
The pistons were elite in the late 80's early 90's. Then MJ's bulls swept them and put them into mediocrity until the 2003-2004 season. The Pistons were elite for that year and the 2004-2005 year.
In 2005-2006 they weren't elite. They just had an elite regular season. It took them 7 games to beat the Cavs and then got their asses kicked by Miami in the next round.

2006-2007 they werent elite as they nearly blew a 3-0 lead to the bulls and lost in 6 to a 1 man cavs team.

2007-2008 they weren't elite either. They were good but they weren't elite.

2008-2009.....nuff said.

David Stern
11-18-2009, 08:34 PM
You sound a lot like me when I used to laugh at Lakers fans that told me that Kobe would grow, Bynum was as good as Shaq, Sasha could be one of the best shooters in the game, and Lamar Odom wasn't a rip-off.

The Pistons' guard-play is fantastic. Yes, Richard Hamilton is the Pistons best offensive threat. Ben Gordon will return to the bench when he comes back. We have six guys averaging double figures.

Richard Hamilton - 25.0 ppg.
Ben Gordon - 22.0 ppg.
Rodney Stuckey - 16.7 ppg.
Charlie V - 15.4 ppg.
Will Bynum - 14.9 ppg.
Tayshaun Prince - 12.3 ppg.

It's a very potent attack when everyone is healthy. I'd trust Rip, Gordon, and Bynum to take the last shot at the end of the game. I would trust Stuckey and Prince to lock down the best player on the perimeter.

We don't know where the ceiling on Rodney Stuckey is yet. Austin Daye is going to be one of those guys in double-digits in three years. This team has room to grow.

Prince is an overrated defender. He hasn't done shit since the 2003-2004 season. As for the other young guys, one of them will have to evolve into that superstar type of player if they want to be in the elite conversation. They are all efficient guys and they would fit in beautifully with a SUPERSTAR. At the end of the day...you need that.

Superstar+damn good role players who are clutch= back into the elite conversation. Pistons have 1 of the 2 at the moment.

Pistonfan1
11-29-2009, 03:31 PM
Bump!

Well we have had our injury woes but what a win today against an overrated Hawk team!

Maybe this will be a start of a huge winning streak for the Pistons.

pauls931
11-29-2009, 03:51 PM
Nice win, I was getting tired of hearing about the Hawks, now just stay east and leave Pho alone OK?

carrao45
11-29-2009, 07:15 PM
Prince is an overrated defender. He hasn't done shit since the 2003-2004 season. As for the other young guys, one of them will have to evolve into that superstar type of player if they want to be in the elite conversation. They are all efficient guys and they would fit in beautifully with a SUPERSTAR. At the end of the day...you need that.

Superstar+damn good role players who are clutch= back into the elite conversation. Pistons have 1 of the 2 at the moment.

The 04 Pistons didn't need a superstar...

Muser
11-29-2009, 07:20 PM

They didn't need one, their D was so good.

David Stern
11-29-2009, 07:20 PM

What about in 05-09?

What about the years before 2004?

They did it in 2004 which proved to be more a fluke than anything else. The fact remains you need superstars to win championships. One fluke season isn't going to change that. It's what hurt them the following seasons. Until they acquire a superstar (Or unless one of their young guys turns into one), they won't be sniffing a championship anytime soon.

sprrs
11-29-2009, 07:37 PM
What about in 05-09?

They did it in 2004 which proved to be more a fluke than anything else. The fact remains you need superstars to win championships. One fluke season isn't going to change that. It's what hurt them the following seasons. Until they acquire a superstar (Or unless one of their young guys turns into one), they won't be sniffing a championship anytime soon.

They were a game away form winning it in '05. They were no fluke.

David Stern
11-29-2009, 07:47 PM
They were a game away form winning it in '05. They were no fluke.

They had no business being in the finals that year. Wade's injury won Detroit that series. The next year proved that as Miami beat their asses in 6 games.

carrao45
11-29-2009, 07:52 PM
What about in 05-09?

Other years are irrelevant. Your argument is that you need a SUPERSTAR to win a championship. The Pistons proved you wrong in 04. Simple as that

Pistonfan1
11-29-2009, 07:55 PM
Other years are irrelevant. Your argument is that you need a SUPERSTAR to win a championship. The Pistons proved you wrong in 04. Simple as that

As much as I like what you are saying, quit kissing our asses. I don't need a dipshit laker fan coming in here acting all nice to Piston fans cuz his team is the defending champs. I can't stand fucks like you who pretend to be nice because all is well in hollywood. :rolleyes

carrao45
11-29-2009, 09:32 PM
As much as I like what you are saying, quit kissing our asses. I don't need a dipshit laker fan coming in here acting all nice to Piston fans cuz his team is the defending champs. I can't stand fucks like you who pretend to be nice because all is well in hollywood. :rolleyes

I only said what I said because his reasoning was flawed. My disagreeing with him had nothing to do with your shitty ass team that has no chance at a Championship, or even the ECF's. The Pistons are just an average team.

Get over yourself

carrao45
11-29-2009, 09:34 PM
And it's pretty hilarious that a Pistons fan that thinks they are currently elite calls ME a dipshit.

And everything is nice in Hollywood right now. Can't say the same for Detroit, the city or it's team...

Allanon
11-29-2009, 09:41 PM
I don't need a dipshit laker fan coming in here acting all nice to Piston fans :rolleyes

I haven't watched any Piston games this year. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

Next Tuesday, it's on.

Well sure, if you don't want any unnecessary pleasantries.

I gave the Pistons the benefit of the doubt and the Lakers ran up by 28 points before winning by 13.

The Pistons are nowhere close to the elite and are sitting at #11 in the East with only 6 teams that are worse in the NBA.

Kriz-Maxima
11-29-2009, 10:02 PM
And it's pretty hilarious that a Pistons fan that thinks they are currently elite calls ME a dipshit.

And everything is nice in Hollywood right now. Can't say the same for Detroit, the city or it's team...

I think you are a dipshit if you take anything he says seriously, it seems pretty clear that this whole thread his a joke.

carrao45
11-29-2009, 10:14 PM
I think you are a dipshit if you take anything he says seriously, it seems pretty clear that this whole thread his a joke.

This thread is then a shitty joke going on since like March.

Kriz-Maxima
11-29-2009, 10:21 PM
This thread is then a shitty joke going on since like March.

Yes, and I'm not sure whether that's amusing or sad. Maybe both.

carrao45
11-29-2009, 10:24 PM
Yes, and I'm not sure whether that's amusing or sad. Maybe both.

Sad, but it is entertaining when the little bitch isn't over-reacting to comments that weren't about his current team.

It's funny that he thinks they're elite

duhoh
11-30-2009, 01:30 AM

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a375/duhoh/BiggestFag.jpg?t=1259560406

jacobdrj
11-30-2009, 01:33 AM
04 Pistons had a superstar, and his name was Ben Wallace.

jmill
11-30-2009, 10:04 AM
This thread is amazing. Pistonfan1 is one of the most delusional and hysterical posters I've ever come across. And it's awesome.

I mean this sequence of posts:

From 08-09:

(Pistons get 8 seed and get swept by Cavs by an average of 15ppg)

09-10:

With the Cavs falling apart...it looks as if the Pistons main concern is the Boston Celtics in the east. We own Orlando, Cavs are imploding, and the Celts needed injuries in 2008 to barley get past us in 6 games. A healthy Piston team can hang with and beat the Celts in a 7 game series.

Bump!

Bump!

(Pistons now 6-11, lost to LA by 13)

Incredible.

Pistonfan1
12-10-2009, 10:42 PM
BUMP!

Beating the Denver Nuggets and coming off a b2b game! 4 game win streak and they keep on getting better and better. If they can stay healthy, they will be competing for a top 3 seed late in the season. THE PISTONS ARE BACK! I know the haters are scared.

Smooth Criminal
12-10-2009, 11:16 PM
BUMP!

Beating the Denver Nuggets and coming off a b2b game! 4 game win streak and they keep on getting better and better. If they can stay healthy, they will be competing for a top 3 seed late in the season. THE PISTONS ARE BACK! I know the haters are scared.

Saw this coming...