PDA

View Full Version : Why do sigs dissapear in certain posts?

Please_dont_ban_me
03-03-2009, 10:59 PM
This is a odd phenomenon I've noticed only on SpursTalk.

Sometimes your sig will randomly not show up in a post. I feel so naked without it. :(

*Crosses fingers and hopes it shows up with this post*

Please_dont_ban_me
03-03-2009, 10:59 PM
Yay!

Please_dont_ban_me
03-03-2009, 11:01 PM
^ ST has a cruel sense of humor. :(

jaffies
03-03-2009, 11:03 PM
What the hell are you talking about?

Please_dont_ban_me
03-03-2009, 11:05 PM
What the hell are you talking about?

Look at my first post, then second post.

One has a sig, one does not.

CuckingFunt
03-03-2009, 11:06 PM
I believe that sigs only show once per poster per page to prevent having to scroll through the same signatures over and over.

jaffies
03-03-2009, 11:14 PM
Look at my first post, then second post.

One has a sig, one does not.

oh.

I believe that sigs only show once per poster per page to prevent having to scroll through the same signatures over and over.

makes sense.

Frenzy
03-03-2009, 11:19 PM
if your that dedicated to using a sig...just copy and paste after every post.

:downspin:

Please_dont_ban_me
03-04-2009, 12:04 AM

Hmm, really?

That sounds like a nice feature. Though...it defeats the purpose of having a sig. It'd be easier to just not let people have huge ass sigs.

Please_dont_ban_me
03-04-2009, 12:04 AM

if your that dedicated to using a sig...just copy and paste after every post.

:downspin:

That's one option.

Slydragon
03-04-2009, 12:50 AM

How the hell did Please_dont_ban_me not figure this out, it's not like he has a post count of 50.

You should be banned for not figuring that out yourself after the first 1000 post you did.

Kori Ellis
03-04-2009, 12:53 AM
Sigs are set to only show up once per page.

MavTalker
03-04-2009, 01:49 AM
There was a asshat moderator at MavTalk called Princess and she hated my sig and I told her why not use the feature that allows only one sig per page she said I was full of shit there is no feature and for me to stop using a sig. And they wonder why they have 8 posters at that site. I left followed mouse here never went back. :tu

Please_dont_ban_me
03-04-2009, 02:22 AM
There was a asshat moderator at MavTalk called Princess and she hated my sig and I told her why not use the feature that allows only one sig per page she said I was full of shit there is no feature and for me to stop using a sig. And they wonder why they have 8 posters at that site. I left followed mouse here never went back. :tu

I guess it's a good option to have.

But why not just moderate peoples sigs, and not let them get huge? What's the point of a sig if it will only be displayed once on the first post of the thread. What if it's a long thread...with many posts...I don't want to feel naked in my posts. :(

Please_dont_ban_me
03-04-2009, 02:22 AM
Sigs are set to only show up once per page.

Not that you owe me an explanation, but what was the reasoning behind it?

timvp
03-04-2009, 02:46 AM
But why not just moderateSolved.

MavTalker
03-04-2009, 02:53 AM

But why not just moderate peoples sigs, and not let them get huge? What's the point of a sig if it will only be displayed once on the first post of the thread. What if it's a long thread...with many posts...I don't want to feel naked in my posts. :(

Trust me most sigs are annoying enough one time. Your in the minority here, I am a huge sig lover and even I want them only once per page. have you seen cant be fade's huge cheesy sig? you want that over and over?

If more sites would learn from this one they would have less bitching. this site is popular maybe because the folks know what their doing?

Please_dont_ban_me
03-04-2009, 03:39 AM
Trust me most sigs are annoying enough one time. Your in the minority here, I am a huge sig lover and even I want them only once per page. have you seen cant be fade's huge cheesy sig? you want that over and over?

If more sites would learn from this one they would have less bitching. this site is popular maybe because the folks know what their doing?

So why not have a simple sig rule, and if people violate it remove there sig privilidges, or any other measure...

Why punish the 95% of the forums that aren't annoyingly huge with there sigs, and are reasonable about it?

mouse
03-04-2009, 04:02 AM
:corn:

Word!
03-04-2009, 04:14 AM
Are you really this slow or just trying to get someones goat?
This site has maybe 3 moderators and you want them to sift through every topic like some sort of starving warthog looking for food, you really want them to be cyber life guards and make sure the children don't drown in the sea of topics?

They make certain software and websites have settings so people who have large annoying sigs can only be posted once and you want ST to go back to 1996 when it had to be done by moderators? How about you post your so called must see world class signature you seem to be so worried that we have to see more than once per page, and then maybe you might have a point, better yet,if you can get at least 10 posters to say your breath taking must see sig is the bomb? then maybe Slomo can make an exception just for you.

As far as punishing posters goes?
i think the posters having to suffer corporal tunnel by having to scroll for 4 minutes just to see what the last person posted are suffering much more than your very tiny group of very bored wannabe sig whores you seem to know and associate with.

but I could be wrong I guess, wait till someone with Quattro street creds replies, they seem to have the pulse of the club. :tu

Please_dont_ban_me
03-04-2009, 04:57 AM
Are you really this slow or just trying to get someones goat?
This site has maybe 3 moderators and you want them to sift through every topic like some sort of starving warthog looking for food, you really want them to be cyber life guards and make sure the children don't drown in the sea of topics?

They make certain software and websites have settings so people who have large annoying sigs can only be posted once and you want ST to go back to 1996 when it had to be done by moderators? How about you post your so called must see world class signature you seem to be so worried that we have to see more than once per page, and then maybe you might have a point, better yet,if you can get at least 10 posters to say your breath taking must see sig is the bomb? then maybe Slomo can make an exception just for you.

As far as punishing posters goes?
i think the posters having to suffer corporal tunnel by having to scroll for 4 minutes just to see what the last person posted are suffering much more than your very tiny group of very bored wannabe sig whores you seem to know and associate with.

but I could be wrong I guess, wait till someone with Quattro street creds replies, they seem to have the pulse of the club. :tu

I don't know where to start.

1) Calm down, I just asked a question. I didn't insult your ST pride, or Kori or Timvp (or apparently Slomo?).

2) Moderating sigs is not the Suns-beating-the-Spurs-in-a-playoff-series you make it out to be. I know this because I've set up a forum before, as well as been an administrator on others. So chill.

3) I never claimed to have gods gift to sigs, I simply asked why they don't display after each post.

SpursStalker
03-04-2009, 09:09 AM
:corn:

Move over ...

:D

tlongII
03-04-2009, 09:18 AM
How did this stupid thread get 23 posts? :rolleyes

SpursStalker
03-04-2009, 09:27 AM
How did this stupid thread get 23 posts? :rolleyes

I think it's the :corn:

chode_regulator
03-04-2009, 12:31 PM
How the hell did Please_dont_ban_me not figure this out, it's not like he has a post count of 50.

You should be banned for not figuring that out yourself after the first 100 post you did.

fixed

What's even funnier is his original one did and the next two right below don't. How did that not ever enter his mind.

chode_regulator
03-04-2009, 12:33 PM
So why not have a simple sig rule, and if people violate it remove there sig privilidges, or any other measure...

Why punish the 95% of the forums that aren't annoyingly huge with there sigs, and are reasonable about it?

For those who don't know, all you have to do to avoid scrolling through someone's huge ass sig is place your moust pointer to the side and then scroll. Or drag the little bar on the far right of your screen.

CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :downspin: :downspin: :downspin:

Please_dont_ban_me
03-04-2009, 04:25 PM
For those who don't know, all you have to do to avoid scrolling through someone's huge ass sig is place your moust pointer to the side and then scroll. Or drag the little bar on the far right of your screen.

CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :downspin: :downspin: :downspin:

Or...

People who are annoyed by sigs can simply disable them in there options.

Word!
03-04-2009, 04:25 PM
I think it's the :corn:

:lol

Kori Ellis
03-04-2009, 04:27 PM
Doesn't PDBM still owe timvp $50?

[/thread hijack]

Kori Ellis
03-04-2009, 04:28 PM
Not that you owe me an explanation, but what was the reasoning behind it?

Because I only want to look at everyone's signature once on each page.

Please_dont_ban_me
03-04-2009, 04:28 PM
Doesn't PDBM still owe timvp $50?

[/thread hijack]

Yes he does.

He contacted Timvp about it a while back as well and got no reply back.

Kori Ellis
03-04-2009, 04:29 PM

It's not once in each THREAD. It's once in each PAGE.

Word!
I owe you and LJ 50.00 dollars also don't you guys ever need PC parts or work done.

Please_dont_ban_me
Because I only want to look at everyone's signature once on each page.

Hmm, so is it just once per page or once per thread?

Once per page is pretty reasonable.

Please_dont_ban_me
03-04-2009, 04:30 PM
It's not once in each THREAD. It's once in each PAGE.

Gotcha'.

Could you reply to my PM when you have some time please.

Kori Ellis
03-04-2009, 04:31 PM
Gotcha'.

Could you reply to my PM when you have some time please.

At the moment, I have 270 PMs to answer. So I'll probably answer them tomorrow.

Please_dont_ban_me
03-04-2009, 04:32 PM
At the moment, I have 270 PMs to answer. So I'll probably answer them tomorrow.

Thanks.

It has to do with Vegas, and I'm going on Sunday so anytime before that would be great. :) Thanks.

Phase-T
03-04-2009, 04:34 PM
Kori I have two extra all in one printer/scanner/fax's! :tu

http://www.itreviews.co.uk/graphics/normal/hardware/h402.jpg

chode_regulator
03-04-2009, 05:36 PM
Or...

People who are annoyed by sigs can simply disable them in there options.

Exactly so quit whining about people's sigs. :bang

Big Sig Bob
03-06-2009, 02:44 AM
I can't stand posters with small sigs!! :bang