PDA

View Full Version : WHY I DON't WANT DENVER in the 1ST ROUND

AFE7FATMAN
03-10-2005, 02:57 AM
Watch the Game Saturday and see what happens when we go small.

Also watch Pop get out-coached

Denver by 5 :depressed

T Park
03-10-2005, 02:59 AM
off the pop bandwagon too eh?

What has George Karl won again?

adios.

Gummi
03-10-2005, 03:39 AM
I havenŽt seen Pop outcoached often so IŽm not expecting Pop to get outcoached by George Karl.

P.S. You show your team great trust by saying weŽll get beaten by the Nuggets at home, if the Spurs are your team that is.

AFE7FATMAN
03-10-2005, 03:39 AM
George- Won seven in a row

Never really been on Pop's Bandwagon

Defense wins championships
but you better be able to but the ball in the hole

Bill Walton

AFE7FATMAN
03-10-2005, 03:41 AM
I'm tired of 4 Down and now Pop call's it without Duncan in the game

Rummpd
03-10-2005, 06:57 AM
I followed George Karl in Seattle and Milwaukee moving around in my life,his teams start hot and then often fade. I would put him as a good to great coach who does stress defense and in innovative but I am not worried about Denver. Who have they beat really on their streak?

By the way, remember Karl coached the only 1 seed to lose to a 8 seed (by the way it was the Sonics losing to Denver). Karl is a good game coach but loses players = he will Carmello and/or Martin within a year - mark it down.

Frenchise player
03-10-2005, 08:30 AM
The only problem with Denver is that they have one of the best big men rotation in the entire league, but we will have Tim and Nazr back for that one so it won't be a problem.

CHAMPS AGAIN
03-10-2005, 09:16 AM

Man,the game is not untill Saturdayand POP is going to get outcoach already your such a loser. SPURS by 20+ and POP won't get any credit for the win from fans like you.

Jimcs50
03-10-2005, 09:30 AM
George Karl and Doug Moe are a tough tandem to out coach. Denver will be ready for SA. Need top bring the A game on Sat to win.

Is anyone else rooting for the Lakers to start winning games about right now?

:)

GoSpurs21
03-10-2005, 10:11 AM
Karl's greatest achievement.....losing as the number #1 seed to #8 seed Denver while coaching the Sonics

d nelson >>>>> karl

and neither has won jack as a head coach

AFE7FATMAN
03-13-2005, 12:47 AM
Hey Chumps Again

Looks like I was right :blah

Luv Pop's rotations :rolleyes

Matter of fact he can rotate on this :flipoff

I said Denver by 5 and it was only by three.
It might have been diffedrent if TD/Manu had played.

SPURS21
03-13-2005, 12:52 AM
{quote}WHY I DON't WANT DENVER in the 1ST ROUND {/quote}
hahah you are an idiot it's DENVER

GoSpurs21
03-13-2005, 12:52 AM
I like to see Karl out coach anyone without his top two players. Please move this topic to all the other "chicken little" threads. Pop was mearly trying to find out if Barry and Horry could be counted on in the clutch...I think he got his answer.

Aggie Hoopsfan
03-13-2005, 12:56 AM

Then why are you scared of Denver?

The only team in the west that bothers me is Houston.

exstatic
03-13-2005, 12:56 AM

Yuh think?

GoSpurs21
03-13-2005, 01:05 AM
Hey Chumps Again

It might have been diffedrent if TD/Manu had played.You were right about what exactly? Karl has still won jack shit. His team barely beat the Spurs without their two top players. As for Pops rotations, in my opinion Pop was trying to find out who he could count on when the game is on the line. I guess that leaves Horry and Barry off the list.

AFE7FATMAN
03-13-2005, 01:10 AM
Exstatic:
Only if Pop didn't F with the rotation. or let Rasho get to many minutes.
and
GS21 You mean we are this far into the season and POP still doesn't know what Barry & Horry can do in Crunch time?

Barry- Can dribble, pass, cut, drive and run the point. It's what his shot from 18ft out
doesn't do that I'm concerned about.

Horry- Sorry Bob but it's time to hang it up. You can't give the consistency that
you could in your prime. Time for you to ride the bench/Go trucking with Karl Malone.

ASF- Denver is Hungry- GK is hungry and against Denver I think Pop is prone to Fuck-it
up more than against Houston. I'll admit Houston is a better team than Denver but in the 1st round Denver is scary.

GoSpurs21
03-13-2005, 01:16 AM
GS21 You mean we are this far into the season and POP still doesn't know what Barry & Horry can do in Crunch time?

Barry- Can dribble, pass, cut, drive and run the point. It's what his shot from 18ft out
doesn't do that I'm concerned about.

Horry- Sorry Bob but it's time to hang it up. You can't give the consistency that
you could in your prime. Time for you to ride the bench/Go trucking with Karl Malone.

ASF- Denver is Hungry- GK is hungry and against Denver I think Pop is prone to Fuck-it
up more than against Houston. I'll admit Houston is a better team than Denver but in the 1st round Denver is scary.Lets see how Denver plays the Spurs when they are at full strength. I agree with your assessment about Barry and Horry (although I think he would be more effective playing every other game).

Carnac
03-13-2005, 03:47 AM

Overreaction at its finest.
So, who do you want to see in the first round? I'd LOVE to see Denver in the first round, are you kidding me?
Psst! No one tell AFE7FATMAN that's there's more rounds after the first one, too.

cqsallie
03-13-2005, 04:16 AM
While we're all shaking hands and congratulating ourselves on "minor losses" without Tim and Manu, we're sending a message by not being able to hold our own without them.
Hammer Tim and he force him to leave the game. Yeah! You might get a technical, or flagrant foul, but the Spurs can't function without him. Same with Manu - slam him real hard and Pop will take him out over his protests, but the Spurs can't function without Tim and Manu.
This seems to be the message we're sending to the NBA in general. Not something I'm all that happy about, are you? And then, when the hammering involves T. Park and he goes down...
I don't know, nor do I dare to put my two-cents in when it comes to why Pop does what he does, but I do know one thing: Tim and Manu are essential to our push toward the title, aided and abetted by one hell of a bench. But other teams are beginning to find themselves, get happy with their associates, players finding their particular niches in the schemes of their coaches.
The Spurs enjoyed a period in which the players were very familiar with one another - on and off the court. They could play blindfolded early in the season. As the season winds down, other teams have had the opportunity to meld - at the same time that the Spurs disrupted its own melding process.
This has nothing, and everything, to do with the trade of Malik Rose. If it had been a pre-season, or early-season trade, the period of adjustment would have occurred early. Suddenly - and inexplicably - changing the members of a winning team has to have had some impact.
Why can't we win without Tim and Manu on the court? That's something that should be causing all of us some angst.

Kori Ellis
03-13-2005, 04:39 AM
Hammer Tim and he force him to leave the game. Yeah! You might get a technical, or flagrant foul, but the Spurs can't function without him. Same with Manu - slam him real hard and Pop will take him out over his protests, but the Spurs can't function without Tim and Manu.
This seems to be the message we're sending to the NBA in general. Not something I'm all that happy about, are you? And then, when the hammering involves T. Park and he goes down...

That would be true for any team. Most every team cannot function extremely well when you take out their stars. That's known by everyone. It's not a new message that the league is just finding out about because the Spurs lost two close games without them.

Why can't we win without Tim and Manu on the court? That's something that should be causing all of us some angst.

No, it shouldn't. Because those two should be on the court in the playoffs, if they aren't, the Spurs aren't going to win. That's not news.

AFE7FATMAN
03-13-2005, 07:29 AM
Carnac "Overreaction-Nope this was posted prior to the game and without knowledge that TD and Manu would not play.
I realize there are more rounds after the 1st one, but a 7 game series against Denver, than maybe Houston. The Spurs have not shown me the consistency or the fire I would like to see, but than I am not a homer.

I hate to disagree Kori but I think the spurs can win a few in the playoffs without Tim and Manu, if POP would get his rotations down. I think Rasho should not start but
Mohammed should. It's not much of a secret that we don't have a lot of offense
other that TD and Manu so if they are gone you can bet people will key on TP &
Devin. I think Mohammed is capable of being a big man that can give us 15+.

Over 3 minutes without a basket at the end of the game?????WTF
Everybody standing around with the fingers up you know where while TP waits for somebody to do something???
Yea I know POP didnt tell them what plan B was when Plan A went wrong.

It would require COACHING

GrandeDavid
03-13-2005, 11:13 AM
I'm not worried about the effect of George Karl's coaching come playoff time. Yeah, Karl has a reeeeeeally impressive track record of winning championships in Seattle and, particularly, Milwaukee. The Bucks were so well-coached that they had impeccable team chemistry and never any internal strifes. I'm being sarcastic, obviously. Look, Denver is on a roll right now, something which happens occassionally. Karl is a breath of fresh air and is doing a nice job thus far. But don't expect the honeymoon to last forever. They still have some potentially cancerous players on their roster. I think I'll go with Popovich's terrific winning record in the playoffs over George Karl any day. In fact, I'd love for the Spurs to face Denver. Please.

Hook Dem
03-13-2005, 11:23 AM
That would be true for any team. Most every team cannot function extremely well when you take out their stars. That's known by everyone. It's not a new message that the league is just finding out about because the Spurs lost two close games without them.

No, it shouldn't. Because those two should be on the court in the playoffs, if they aren't, the Spurs aren't going to win. That's not news.
Again, Kori displays the best knowledge. Pop is a good coach till proven otherwise in the playoffs.

boutons
03-13-2005, 11:31 AM
"Most every team cannot function extremely well when you take out their stars."

In general, of course, duh.

But that's not the appoint, AT ALL, about last night's game.

For 45 minutes, the Spurs played damn well without Tim and Manu, with lots of bench guys stepping up big. Then for 3 minutes, the Spurs collapsed, including, by his own admission, Pop. Pop can't coach the Spurs for 3 fucking minutes unless Tim and Manu are in there? GMAFB

Dre_7
03-13-2005, 04:24 PM
boutons, I dont think we will collapse in the last few minutes of games when we have Tim and Manu. Pop did a good job of caoching w/out Tim and Manu for most of the game.

What do u think would happen to other "elites" w/out their stars?
Miami w/out Shaq and Wade?
Suns w/out Nash and Amare?
Hou w/out Yao and Tmac?
Dal (If you can call them elite lol) W/out Dirk and Finley?

I think we are in good shape. This will only make the Spurs stronger (if Tim and Manu get healthy of course).

Aggie Hoopsfan
03-13-2005, 04:29 PM
till proven otherwise in the playoffs

You may want to revise that, seeings one adjustment on defense is all it takes to put Pop's gameplan on its ear.

CHAMPS AGAIN
03-13-2005, 10:32 PM
Hey Chumps Again

different ball game with 2 all-stars not playing I hope we see Denver in the first round 4 game sweep by the SPURS.

Carnac
03-14-2005, 12:37 AM
Carnac "Overreaction-Nope this was posted prior to the game and without knowledge that TD and Manu would not play.
I realize there are more rounds after the 1st one, but a 7 game series against Denver, than maybe Houston. The Spurs have not shown me the consistency or the fire I would like to see, but than I am not a homer.

If the Spurs, who have had had the best record in the NBA for a big chunk of the season, have not shown you consistancy and fire, who has?
The Suns?
The Sonics?
The Pistons?
The Heat?
Who would you rather trade places with righit now?

I hate to disagree Kori but I think the spurs can win a few in the playoffs without Tim and Manu, if POP would get his rotations down. I think Rasho should not start but Mohammed should. It's not much of a secret that we don't have a lot of offense other that TD and Manu so if they are gone you can bet people will key on TP & Devin. I think Mohammed is capable of being a big man that can give us 15+.
The Spurs can't win without Tim and Manu. Take away the best two players from any club, and they can't win in the playoffs.

Over 3 minutes without a basket at the end of the game?????WTF
Everybody standing around with the fingers up you know where while TP waits for somebody to do something???
Yea I know POP didnt tell them what plan B was when Plan A went wrong.
It would require COACHING

The Spurs are not the first team to melt down in the final three minutes of a game. So, tell me, which fans would you want to switch places with? Which team has brought the consistancy and fire every night that the Spurs lack, which team can win without their two best players?
Which is this magical team you speak of?

AFE7FATMAN
04-08-2005, 05:22 AM
Bump

It looks like GK and his assistant Doug Moe are going to be coming to SA for the Playoffs-if they do I'll take Denver in 7 and if no TD than it's Denver in 5.