PDA

View Full Version : Gooden brings spurs to another level.

spurspokesman
03-04-2009, 09:36 AM
After reading A lot of post about Goody (Gooden) Im kind of amused. The way he is being painted is like some bum that never picked up A basketball. This guy clearly(Rather you believe it or not) gives us A better chance at 5 than any thing on our current roster. Bonner is soft (even though A hella shooter) cant rebound and gets pushed around . Kurt is my guy but just goes to sleep at times. We need A physical presence with post ability. Timmy will infect him with A defensive attitud to some degree. ON the other hand he will work magic with the second unit. Finally somebody who has to be considered on offense and opens up our shooters(hard to have A good shooting night when your not getting open looks).Now other teams have to change the way they defend us. Despite his defensive woes he makes up for that and many other ways. And dont judge him according to his other teams. He has A coach that will make him better . And being that he is on A real contender and playing with the most prolific PF in the league I expect him to step his game up. WATCH OUT. OH AND I FORGOT HE CAN SCORE. YYEESSS

Jose Ole
03-04-2009, 10:15 AM
Rock Chalk Jayhawk... if only Pop or R.C. could now convince him to cut is beardylocks!

m33p0
03-04-2009, 10:17 AM
he already did.

coyotes_geek
03-04-2009, 10:22 AM
Now when the Spurs need that something extra they can crank it up to ELEVEN!

The Truth #6
03-04-2009, 10:30 AM
I have yet to see Tim and Pop make a player better defensively. Players don't magically change when they breathe in the San Antonio air. If anything, it takes them a full season or two to pick up the system and then they improve moderately.

Supposedly he didn't play D very well under Brown's schemes. So, even though we use a similar defensive system, logically I don't see why he's going to all of a sudden be a better defender here, if he couldn't do it before with the same system.

I just hope that Gooden can do what he supposedly does well - rebound and score in the post, and if does that we'll be better off. Anything else is gravy.

Marcus Bryant
03-04-2009, 10:33 AM
He improves the team. But what will put the Spurs on top is a healthy big 3.

urunobili
03-04-2009, 10:35 AM
:lmao at MB new avatar :lol

Rogue
03-04-2009, 10:35 AM
stephen Gerrard > Drew Gooden

Spursmania
03-04-2009, 10:36 AM
Whether or not his defense picks up, the fact is teams have to play us different when he's on the floor. This will give the offense a better opportunity. Moreover, he has a tougher bigger presence in the interior. He's a big guy at 250. I like our chance so much better having him as an option. I just hope he's healthy enough to play.

nkdlunch
03-04-2009, 10:46 AM
just go ahead and hand us the trophy and the 5th ring.

Marcus Bryant
03-04-2009, 10:48 AM
Oh, and FTL.

The_Game
03-04-2009, 10:51 AM
gooden will improve the spurs but not enough to think they will win the west and the title. he isn't good enough to do that.

Bartleby
03-04-2009, 10:53 AM
gooden will improve the spurs but not enough to think they will win the west and the title. he isn't good enough to do that.

You're not a good enough Laker troll to be convincing as a Spurs fan.

Marcus Bryant
03-04-2009, 10:54 AM
As best I can tell, his douchebaggery seems to be limited to his choice of cranial and facial hair.

You have to admit, he did give up something to play for a winner, especially at his age in the NBA. He could have easily stuck it out in Sacto, put up big numbers on a lottery bound team, and then sought to cash in on his next contract with the Kings holding his Bird Rights. For a bigman with his production, even in these uncertain economic times, he probably could have gotten a contract starting at more than the MLE from somebody in the league.

As much as fans bitch about players only being about the money, here's an example of a pro athlete who did what fans routinely expect players to do and then bitch about when they don't.

The_Game
03-04-2009, 10:54 AM
not being a troll just stating a fact. Gooden doesn't help the spurs enough for people to think he is enough to win the title as he isn't.

Mr. Body
03-04-2009, 11:00 AM
Did you just say Bonner is a 'hella shooter'?

NFO
03-04-2009, 11:01 AM
I have yet to see Tim and Pop make a player better defensively. Players don't magically change when they breathe in the San Antonio air. If anything, it takes them a full season or two to pick up the system and then they improve moderately.

Apparently you were not around the spring of 2005 when Glen Robinson came in, not known for being a defensive player played solid defense for the Spurs in the playoffs.

Did Tim and Pop make him better devensively, probably not technically, but defense is contagious. If you see that everybody is doing it it makes it easier for you to do. So while neither Tim nor Pop made Glenn a better defender during his SA tenure, nor did he breathe the magical San Antonio air, he did overcome a stigma against him that he was a poor defender by playing solid defense.

cool hand
03-04-2009, 11:01 AM
they are a little nervous at lakersground.

The_Game
03-04-2009, 11:04 AM
not from what i've read

most could care less...most agree it will help offensively but defensively the spurs interior defense has gotten even worse

SPURS21
Did we really need another Gooden thread?

Put your random thoughts in one of the other 20 that have already been started.

Leetonidas
not being a troll just stating a fact. Gooden doesn't help the spurs enough for people to think he is enough to win the title as he isn't.

I disagree. It's not like the Spurs need Kevin fucking Garnett or Al Jefferson or Shaq or something. They need a quick, athletic big man who can rebound and score a little, which is exactly what Gooden is. With Tim anchoring the defense in the paint, Gooden doesn't have to worry about being the main defensive guy and will probably feed off Duncan's energy on that end of the court.

For the vet minimum, it is an excellent move for the Spurs. Mensah-Bonsu was alright and I like him but be reasonable, if he was Amare reborn then he would be with someone else right now. Gooden is a proven NBA player, Pops is not.

Leetonidas
03-04-2009, 11:05 AM
Not to mention Tony Parker actually has someone to throw a lob to now.

hater
03-04-2009, 11:10 AM

don't worry, Mr. NBA Scout. I'm sure they'll be ok once Lakers announce signing of Pops Mensa Bonsu. :lmao

Mr. Body
03-04-2009, 11:10 AM
If they can cover his defensive shortcomings - a big IF, given the short time span - this is a significant addition. Gooden's a space case, but has a serious, natural feel for the game. He's not a star but is much better (all-around) than any of our other options at the 4. Is he better than Kurt? No, but he's much younger. Better than Bonner? Of course.

angelbelow
03-04-2009, 11:46 AM
i think hes better than kurt, hes just not smarter or more experienced. kurts body and age has caught up to him and thats the only reason why gooden is better, but either way, he is better.

Horse
03-04-2009, 11:56 AM

Supposedly he didn't play D very well under Brown's schemes. So, even though we use a similar defensive system, logically I don't see why he's going to all of a sudden be a better defender here, if he couldn't do it before with the same system.

I just hope that Gooden can do what he supposedly does well - rebound and score in the post, and if does that we'll be better off. Anything else is gravy.
How bout brent barry or roger mason, It's the system and the fact that if you don't play d you don't play. Heres some more michael finley glenn robinson.

xtremesteven33
03-04-2009, 11:59 AM
This move puts the Spurs over the top IMO IF Bynum isnt ready come playoff time.

And from what im hearing, It looks like they are only "Hoping" he will be back come playoff time.

If Bynum is back and playing well....No one is beating the Lakers.

rascal
03-04-2009, 12:00 PM

Agree. Camby or R Wallace may not even have been enough to get past the Lakers.

Gooden is a good pickup just not the big differnce maker some are making him to be.

ElNono
03-04-2009, 12:01 PM
This move puts the Spurs over the top IMO IF Bynum isnt ready come playoff time.

And from what im hearing, It looks like they are only "Hoping" he will be back come playoff time.

I disagree. I think there's 2 or 3 teams that can take down the Lakers. San Antonio included (the other two that quickly come to mind are Boston and Utah).

xtremesteven33
03-04-2009, 12:04 PM
I disagree. I think there's 2 or 3 teams that can take down the Lakers. San Antonio included (the other two that quickly come to mind are Boston and Utah).

with or without Bynum?

ElNono
03-04-2009, 12:08 PM
with or without Bynum?

Either way. I don't think Bynumite is such a difference maker.

The_Game
Bynum is expected back ight before the end of the regular season so plenty of time ready for the conference finals.

L.A don't need bynum to beat anybody in the west but it would certainly help.

Marcus Bryant
Some of you are hyperventilating wusses.

Bring on the Lakers.

Leetonidas
03-04-2009, 12:11 PM
Andrew Bynum ain't shit.

completely deck
03-04-2009, 12:13 PM
Even the LA Times stated that the Spurs with Gooden would be scary.

The_Game
03-04-2009, 12:13 PM
keep thinking that if you wish but facts remains the guy is very talented and is a difference maker clogging up the paint and is a guy who can score and rebound and block shots....

hitmanyr2k
03-04-2009, 12:14 PM

You can add the New Orleans Hornets to that list. They can beat LA whether they have Bynum or not.

ManuTP9
03-04-2009, 12:14 PM

i really hope bynum isnt ready playoff time.

xtremesteven33
03-04-2009, 12:15 PM
Some of you are hyperventilating wusses.

Bring on the Lakers.

Hell Yea

but looking at it from an objective point of view we know that a Bynum less Lakers are very vulnerable...with him they are VERY tough to beat.

Marcus Bryant
03-04-2009, 12:17 PM
Bring them on at full strength.

xtremesteven33
03-04-2009, 12:19 PM

who wins?

Biggems
03-04-2009, 12:20 PM

well with Pop, and Larry Brown as well, either you play team defense, or you sit. I have seen Pop pull David, Tim, Manu, and Tony cause they missed defensive assignments. Of course, he put them back in shortly after, but he got his point across. Play his way or sit like Malik, Udoka, Beno, and Bonner did for so long.

Since the Spurs are known for their defense, then yes, Pop makes players better defenders when they come to SA. The entire fundamental approach of our system starts at the defensive end. So if a player is not willing to sell his soul to defense, then his butt will either be riding some serious pine or have a ticket on the next flight out of SA.

Glen Robinson, Michael Finley, Matt Bonner, Roger Mason, and even Steve Kerr all learned how to play team defense for the Spurs. While never DPOY candidates, they committed enough on the defensive side of the ball to make the Spurs system work.

completely deck
Whoever scores the most points.

ElNono
You can add the New Orleans Hornets to that list. They can beat LA whether they have Bynum or not.

They've been inconsistent. The addition of Posey was supposed to help them reach the next level, but I think their game has regressed from last year. They're still a team that can show up and play big for a game or two. But they have not done it on a consistent basis this season, unlike last season.

Leetonidas
03-04-2009, 12:22 PM
keep thinking that if you wish but facts remains the guy is very talented and is a difference maker clogging up the paint and is a guy who can score and rebound and block shots....

:lol

You guys make him sound like the fucking second coming of Wilt Chamberlain. He's young, inexperienced, and he's not as good as you guys make him out to be. I'm so fucking sick of hearing about Bynum like he is the sole determinant of whether the Lakers win the championship or not. Give me a break.

rascal
03-04-2009, 12:22 PM

Your going down pimp.

peskypesky
03-04-2009, 12:23 PM
After reading A lot of post about Goody (Gooden) Im kind of amused. The way he is being painted is like some bum that never picked up A basketball. This guy clearly(Rather you believe it or not) gives us A better chance at 5 than any thing on our current roster. Bonner is soft (even though A hella shooter) cant rebound and gets pushed around . Kurt is my guy but just goes to sleep at times. We need A physical presence with post ability. Timmy will infect him with A defensive attitud to some degree. ON the other hand he will work magic with the second unit. Finally somebody who has to be considered on offense and opens up our shooters(hard to have A good shooting night when your not getting open looks).Now other teams have to change the way they defend us. Despite his defensive woes he makes up for that and many other ways. And dont judge him according to his other teams. He has A coach that will make him better . And being that he is on A real contender and playing with the most prolific PF in the league I expect him to step his game up. WATCH OUT. OH AND I FORGOT HE CAN SCORE. YYEESSS

:toast

MmP
03-04-2009, 12:25 PM
I agree that he's been pretty much underrated by most of Spurs fans everywhere. But there's a point for it, the guy hasn't proved that he can be smart in basketball court. Maybe he's been trying to prove what kind of player he is in shitty teams like Chicago where everyone pretty much catch and shoot everytime they get the ball.
Now he has the chance to prove that he's a in a great team where he can be really useful due to the lack of consistency in PF position for the Spurs. If he adapts to what Pop and the Spurs want from him, Im sure he'll help. The guy has qualities, he's athletic, he can rebound and has a little bit of scoring. He just needs to be smart.

TheDarkSide.
03-04-2009, 12:26 PM
The signing looks awesome and he'll be a big boost but what about next year? Will Gooden just be a spur for 4 months?

Marcus Bryant
03-04-2009, 12:26 PM
Your going down pimp.

I apologize if I insulted your Lakers, but I'm not going to stop.

SpursDynasty
03-04-2009, 12:27 PM

This is Gooden's first time playing with a true NBA superstar who makes his team better (Duncan). His presence in the paint alone will do a lot.

Marcus Bryant
03-04-2009, 12:27 PM
:lol

You guys make him sound like the fucking second coming of Wilt Chamberlain. He's young, inexperienced, and he's not as good as you guys make him out to be. I'm so fucking sick of hearing about Bynum like he is the sole determinant of whether the Lakers win the championship or not. Give me a break.

No kidding.

Marcus Bryant
03-04-2009, 12:28 PM
This is Gooden's first time playing with a true NBA superstar who makes his team better (Duncan). His presence in the paint alone will do a lot.

That LuhBronze James ain't too bad, man.

Dex
03-04-2009, 12:31 PM
Gotta beat the best to be the best.

F.T.L.

peskypesky
03-04-2009, 12:31 PM

people are getting hung up on how good Gooden is or is not. but that's not the point. the point is how good is he compared to Bonner, Oberto and Thomas! and further, does he add another weapon to Pop's arsenal?

i don't think anyone is saying Gooden is great. but he doesn't have to be. we have the Big 3 already. what we need are good solid role players. and there's absolutely no doubt that Gooden is a better rebounder than Bonner, Oberto and Thomas. there's also no doubt that he's younger and faster than Bonner, Oberto and Thomas. and there's no doubt that he's a better post scorer than Bonner, Oberto and Thomas.

is he an All-Star? no. does his presence guarantee us another ring? no. but anyone who can't see that he has a very high probability of improving the Spurs' front-court is just being dense.

rascal
03-04-2009, 12:37 PM

people are getting hung up on how good Gooden is or is not. but that's not the point. the point is how good is he compared to Bonner, Oberto and Thomas! and further, does he add another weapon to Pop's arsenal?

i don't think anyone is saying Gooden is great. but he doesn't have to be. we have the Big 3 already. what we need are good solid role players. and there's absolutely no doubt that Gooden is a better rebounder than Bonner, Oberto and Thomas. there's also no doubt that he's younger and faster than Bonner, Oberto and Thomas. and there's no doubt that he's a better post scorer than Bonner, Oberto and Thomas.

is he an All-Star? no. does his presence guarantee us another ring? no. but anyone who can't see that he has a very high probability of improving the Spurs' front-court is just being dense.

Good post.

MaNu4Tres
03-04-2009, 12:45 PM

people are getting hung up on how good gooden is or is not. But that's not the point. The point is how good is he compared to bonner, oberto and thomas! And further, does he add another weapon to pop's arsenal?

I don't think anyone is saying gooden is great. But he doesn't have to be. We have the big 3 already. What we need are good solid role players. And there's absolutely no doubt that gooden is a better rebounder than bonner, oberto and thomas. There's also no doubt that he's younger and faster than bonner, oberto and thomas. And there's no doubt that he's a better post scorer than bonner, oberto and thomas.

Is he an all-star? No. Does his presence guarantee us another ring? No. But anyone who can't see that he has a very high probability of improving the spurs' front-court is just being dense.

+2

alexinstereo
03-04-2009, 01:04 PM
Gooden will realize his role and go out and help us get another ring.

bthewigwam
03-04-2009, 01:04 PM
IMO, if Gooden plays well, this is going to be a great sign. If Gooden does not play well, this will not be a good sign.

Spursmania
03-04-2009, 01:09 PM
Bring on the Gooden-Let's check out the big drizzle. Until Bynum is healthy for a full season and actually plays in the playoffs, I'll reserve my judgment on that big man. Bynum was kicking some ass in the regular games.

But he just started doing resistance training this week. So, he's not even able to do treadmill, etc... Laker fans are all in another tizzy over this. I'd prefer we play the Lakers without him. But if he's there bring it on! I'd like to kick the Laker's ass! The Spurs team can do it as long as Joey Crawford isn't refereeing any Laker or Spur game.
Our main concern now is getting space cadet Gooden healthy and learning our system now!! I hope he is not seriously injured or we will be fucked.

Samr
03-04-2009, 01:34 PM
The signing looks awesome and he'll be a big boost but what about next year? Will Gooden just be a spur for 4 months?

I want to hear opinions on that too.

As MB said (I think it was him?) this guy gave up a large amount of money -- millions, no doubt -- to play for and contribute to a championship contender. I hope that point was not lost on everyone; it appears rare that a relatively young player (he's in his 7th season) would take substantially less money in order to better his chances for a ring.

By doing just that, he already said more than most of you are paying attention to. A team wins a championship, not a player. Gooden just, in effect, took a backseat to a team concept. What makes you think that he wouldn't be willing to role-play in the Spurs system, and at least somewhat change his playing patterns to benefit the team? I am guessing Pop made him well aware of how he would be used before Gooden even looked at a contract.

This signing is great, without exception. Sure, a true defensive stopper down low would have been awesome, but an improvement in any area is still an improvement. Would you have traded Bonner, KT, Oberto, maybe even Finley for Gooden? I would, in a heartbeat.

But instead we get to keep all them, AND add another proven talent down low? Sign me up. He will not be the savior for the Spurs, but he could very well be what puts them over the edge. Because if he takes over a game, even a quarter, a la Steve Kerr, Jarron Jackson, to an extent Glenn Robinson and Michael Finley? Of course he'd be worth it. All the Spurs are giving up is a player who wasn't even on the team 10 days previous.

coyotes_geek
03-04-2009, 01:43 PM

Gotta see how the next four months go first. Depends on how good a fit Gooden is and how much someone is willing to offer him this offseason.

m33p0
03-04-2009, 01:52 PM
Gooden will hear the voice of God and will seek Him in the mountains. After 30 days, Gooden will return with the Covenant.

enough. Gooden is a good signing because he will come cheap and has playoff experience. how will that translate, only time will tell.

angelbelow
03-04-2009, 02:23 PM
why are we scared of bynum again?

coyotes_geek
03-04-2009, 02:49 PM
Bynum is a concern because when he's paired with Gasol that gives the lakers two 7-foot scoring threats on the court at the same time and the Spurs can only deal with one of them. While Duncan is guarding one the other is getting great looks from 5 feet away, shooting over the top of Bonner/Thomas/Oberto. Does Gooden help prevent that? Let's hope so.

TheManFromAcme
03-04-2009, 03:18 PM

I invite you to go on lakersground. There is not one thread (at least on page 1) that indicates any "nervousness". Please. Spare me. Gooden is a nice pick-up. That's all. Nice.. Your big 3 on the other hand are formidable, that I don't deny but to think Gooden takes you over the top is outright hilarious.
Manu coming back healthy is another story. But be forwarned Spurs fan:

MANU IS NOW INJURY PRONE. :dramaquee

Spursmania
03-04-2009, 03:21 PM
I invite you to go on lakersground. There is not one thread (at least on page 1) that indicates any "nervousness". Please. Spare me. Gooden is a nice pick-up. That's all. Nice.. Your big 3 on the other hand are formidable, that I don't deny but to think Gooden takes you over the top is outright hilarious.

Blah, Blah, Blah! :nope

Russ
03-04-2009, 03:26 PM
Ralph Lawler (Clippers announcer) said he thought the Spurs would win it all if they got Gooden.

Don't know about that, but it was hard to see the current front line beating the Lakers -- now at least it's possible.

TheManFromAcme
03-04-2009, 03:33 PM
Ralph Lawler (Clippers announcer) said he thought the Spurs would win it all if they got Gooden.

Don't know about that, but it was hard to see the current front line beating the Lakers -- now at least it's possible.

Possible? Sure. Likely? No. :toast

PDXSpursFan
03-04-2009, 03:36 PM
Translation of what Gooden being Bonner backup means:

Bonner starts, misses his first 2 3-pt attempts, gets pushed around by the other team's bigs and goes to the bench halfway through the 1st quater in favor of Gooden.

ManuTP9
03-04-2009, 03:41 PM
Gotta beat the best to be the best.

F.T.L.

F.T.L indeed :toast

TheManFromAcme
03-04-2009, 03:44 PM
Paranoid delusion at it's best ladies and gentlemen.

objective
03-04-2009, 03:54 PM
I'm not sold that Gooden is giving up some great fortune to play for the Spurs.

Sacramento wanted him for an expiring. They weren't going to sign and trade for salary back. The only teams that could realistically sign and trade and straight absorb him this summer would be 3: Memphis, Detroit, OKC. Don't see that happening. And those teams in this economic climate won't be knocking down his door to give him a raise on 7 million a year.

If anything his agent saw the writing on the wall that Gooden won't be able to make more than the MLE. That's just the way it is, he'll get a paycut whether he stayed in Sacramento and split time with Jason Thompson or took the buyout and played elsewhere. So him getting a chance to stick with a team willing to spend it's MLE because it's a contender is much better than nothing.

coyotes_geek
03-04-2009, 04:02 PM
I'm not sold that Gooden is giving up some great fortune to play for the Spurs.

He's not. Supposedly he gave up $1.8 mil on his buyout from Sacramento and will sign with the Spurs for something around $1.5. So he is giving up some money to be here, but not all that much.

Marcus Bryant
03-04-2009, 04:11 PM
He's not. Supposedly he gave up $1.8 mil on his buyout from Sacramento and will sign with the Spurs for something around $1.5. So he is giving up some money to be here, but not all that much.

He gave up his Bird Rights with Sacto. That limits his ability to get a larger than MLE contract this summer and that is rather significant.

$300K isn't exactly pocket change either, even for most NBA players.

objective
03-04-2009, 04:12 PM
What I'm saying is that in the economic conditions of today's NBA he couldn't get a larger than MLE contract even with Bird rights.

Marcus Bryant
03-04-2009, 04:19 PM
What I'm saying is that in the economic conditions of today's NBA he couldn't get a larger than MLE contract even with Bird rights.

How many bigs are likely available this summer in free agency and via trades? He could definitely get a 3 yr, $24 mil deal and that's greater than the MLE.

I Love Me Some Me
03-04-2009, 04:22 PM
Can Dwight Gooden even play in the bigs anymore?

coyotes_geek
03-04-2009, 04:37 PM
He gave up his Bird Rights with Sacto. That limits his ability to get a larger than MLE contract this summer and that is rather significant.

$300K isn't exactly pocket change either, even for most NBA players.

Sacramento wasn't going to exercise those Bird rights though. So they were worthless. They only traded for Drew so that they could let him walk and clear some salary off their books.

ulosturedge
03-04-2009, 04:48 PM
I'm not sure why people are scared of Bynum. Even if he comes back in time for the playoffs he would still need time to get back to where he was before he got injured. I don't see that happening.

I'm not gonna say Gooden makes or breaks it for us either though. But there is alot of upside and potential for him to have a positive impact for us if things work out. He has a good opportunity here playing along side Timmy. He is also playing for his future paycheck. I'm sure he wants to make the best of it, and prove he can be a viable asset in this league still. I think he knew this was the best opportunity for him and his career. Goodluck Drew! Make the best of it!

objective
03-04-2009, 05:59 PM
How many bigs are likely available this summer in free agency and via trades? He could definitely get a 3 yr, $24 mil deal and that's greater than the MLE.

1. How many teams have capspace this summer for trades or free agency?

Where could he get a deal worth 8 million a year? Not through a sign and trade with Sac, they wanted to clear the salary, they're not about to take money back.

Which teams have caproom? If the cap stays decreases slightly which is the best case scenario this summer, only 3: Detroit, OKC and Memphis. Are any of them going to overpay for Gooden? Why? I could see any of them going a little overboard to get Boozer, Milsap, Okur or Turkoglu (utility big sf). But not Gooden.

And if the cap stays the same, there's a chance that Portland could offer slightly more than MLE or even the 3/24, but why do that when they already have a slew of bigs? Atlanta could have the room if they renounce Bibby, but then they'd need a point guard, and Gooden wouldn't be better than Josh Smith or Horford.

And of the teams over the cap, how many will even spend their entire MLE? There's been years where contenders didn't even spend it, including the Spurs and Mavs iirc. Did the Lakers even spend it this year?

And there will be other players out there forced into MLE territory, like Rasheed and Iverson, as well as guys joining full MLE competition like Ariza.

Getting Gooden out of Sacramento to a team with the motivation to spend the MLE in this bad market (like a contender) is actually a smart move on his agent's part. I don't see anything noble in it.

MajorMike
03-04-2009, 06:02 PM
Can Dwight Gooden even play in the bigs anymore?

Anymore??

sananspursfan21
03-04-2009, 06:05 PM
just go ahead and hand us the trophy and the 5th ring.

yep, that's it, don't even watch the playoffs or finals, let's celebrate now :lol

mabrignani
03-04-2009, 07:19 PM
stephen Gerrard > Drew Gooden

all gerrard has is a boot, hes an old fuck.
andrea pirlo>gerrard

Brazil
03-04-2009, 08:03 PM

I'm reading this thread We need to pick up additional frontcourt help! (discuss Gooden, Smith and Swift) (http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=82568&start=25&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=) and I feel some nervousness actually.

crc21209
03-04-2009, 08:06 PM
I'm reading this thread We need to pick up additional frontcourt help! (discuss Gooden, Smith and Swift) (http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=82568&start=25&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=) and I feel some nervousness actually.

lol I saw the same thread over at lakersground today also.

Brazil
03-04-2009, 08:08 PM
I especially like the pick him to be sure he will be away of SA. Anyway our best chance to win is not Gooden it's the big 3 at full strengh

NRHector
03-04-2009, 08:46 PM
gooden will improve the spurs but not enough to think they will win the west and the title. he isn't good enough to do that.well hell if he was good enough we should of traded Tim Duncan for him long time ago, don't you think? All we are asking is just for some help for Duncan in the middle and the rest will follow, have faith my friend we are in the right path:flag:

Manufan909
03-04-2009, 08:52 PM
As much as fans bitch about players only being about the money, here's an example of a pro athlete who didn't do what fans routinely expect players to do and then bitch if they do the opposite and go for the $$$.

fify

And if not, I need to take a quick nap prior to the game.:king