PDA

View Full Version : These teams need to get ready to go fishing

SpursDynasty
03-04-2009, 02:10 PM
With the NBA Playoffs 2009 roughly one month away, it's time for certain teams to get their fishing gear ready and start making their summer plans...

1. Houston Rockets - Why hasn't this franchise been dismantled and everybody gone except Yao? This is just the biggest mess in the NBA outside of the LA Clippers. I notice that some Rocket fans are excited that this team is now tied for 3rd in the West. Don't get too excited, it's virtually a 4-way tie between seeds 3 through 6....all it means is that these 4 teams are sucking equally....Houston is not guaranteed homecourt in the first round. Not with their mental weakness. The damage that McGrady has done to this franchise will take a long time to recover from. I suggest they ship everyone out except Yao immediately this summer. Sorry. PREDICTION: 1st round exit.

2. Denver - I had predicted that this team would do a lot in the West, but at 39-22 I just don't know. Billups is probably in a better situation here than in Detroit. It's hard to tell what this team will do, but I'd say a first round exit is most likely. WCF's next year with a whole season of Billups.

3. New Orleans Hornets - It is official: These guys just don't have it this year. This team last year played with a fierce competitiveness, they were pesky, annoying, and pissed the hell out of me. That's what being competitive in the league is all about. At 37-22, they were 40-19 at this point last year, that's only 3 games behind, but then again at this point last year the Hornets began playing at an extremely competitive level. The Hornets have been kind of dragging along all season this year....About a 50-32 finish here. They will get into the 2nd round, but are looking at getting swept once they get there.

4. Portland - To me this is the laughing stock of all West playoff teams. I don't know why everyone starts talking about them just because they made a couple of shots, got some wins, and basically were in the right place at the right time for the first 20 games, with a 14-6 record. They are only 23-16 since. Again, fluky start there. The low point of the season was when Joel Pryzbilla's grandmother wrote complaining to the league that Tyson Chandler was bullying him. Until this team proves otherwise, they are SOFT. PREDICTION: Won't make playoffs.

5. Dallas - Again, another team that just doesn't have it anymore. It's amazing what trading one player (who wasn't even considered a 'Big Three' Mavs player) can do to your team. Only 53-41 overall since Kidd joined the lineup. Yikes. Who would have thought that Jason Kidd would ruin the Mavericks? PREDICTION: 1st round exit

That leaves SA, Utah, Lakers, and Suns...

With a Jazz-Spurs Western Conference Finals coming up after Phoenix and LA go home, who do you predict will represent the West in the NBA Finals this year?

EDIT: Okay, I noticed I made a mistake including 9 teams overall in this message and had FIVE teams making the 2nd round, etc.....I will go ahead and say, sorry New Orleans, you guys don't have it anymore....NOH will go home in the first round.

Going home in round 1: Houston, Denver, Dallas, New Orleans
Advancing past round 1: Spurs, Jazz, Lakers, Suns
Missing playoffs: Portland

Thunder Dan
03-04-2009, 02:12 PM
I agree, the Rockets pull this crap every year around this time. Last year they won 20 something games in a row, and how did that work out? They just win games when nobody else cares, but can't win games when everyone else does care.

JoeTait75
03-04-2009, 02:13 PM
With a Jazz-Spurs Western Conference Finals coming up after Phoenix and LA go home, who do you predict will represent the West in the NBA Finals this year?

Actually, I like the Kansas City Kings. I don't see a backcourt in the West that can deal with Phil Ford and Otis Birdsong in a seven-game series. And if Scott Wedman gets hot from outside, you can forget it.

angrydude
03-04-2009, 02:13 PM
1. Houston Rockets - Why hasn't this franchise been dismantled and everybody gone except Yao? This is just the biggest mess in the NBA outside of the LA Clippers. I notice that some Rocket fans are excited that this team is now tied for 3rd in the West. Don't get too excited, it's virtually a 4-way tie between seeds 3 through 6....all it means is that these 4 teams are sucking equally....Houston is not guaranteed homecourt in the first round. Not with their mental weakness. The damage that McGrady has done to this franchise will take a long time to recover from. I suggest they ship everyone out except Yao immediately this summer. Sorry. PREDICTION: 1st round exit.

They basically have over the past 2 seasons. Now that Alston and Head are gone and Mcgrady is out, all the remains is Yao and Battier. The entire bench is different.

If there is a problem I'd say its Yao only showing up for big games....or not.

Thunder Dan
03-04-2009, 02:17 PM
The Rockets are good enough for 2 wins in the first round

ElNono
03-04-2009, 02:18 PM
2. Denver - I had predicted that this team would do a lot in the West, but at 39-22 I just don't know. Billups is probably in a better situation here than in Detroit. It's hard to tell what this team will do, but I'd say a first round exit is most likely. WCF's next year with a whole season of Billups.

It's the coach. If that team would be coached by Sloan/Pop/Larry Brown they would be one of the best teams in the league. But they're coached by Piggy Karl, who, among other things, puts up with guys like JR Smith.

sook
03-04-2009, 02:24 PM
I agree, the Rockets pull this crap every year around this time. Last year they won 20 something games in a row, and how did that work out? They just win games when nobody else cares, but can't win games when everyone else does care.

they didn't have their starting pg, as bad as he was, in the playoffs. The games he was there they won, and the games he wasn't they lost. But yea the cavs deff need to go fishing

Thunder Dan
03-04-2009, 02:31 PM
they didn't have their starting pg, as bad as he was, in the playoffs. The games he was there they won, and the games he wasn't they lost. But yea the cavs deff need to go fishing

Doesn't matter. Yao and Tracy are not performers on the big stage- as witnessed by Tracy never getting out of the first round, and Yao choking during the Olympics when he lost all but 2 games

Ghazi
03-04-2009, 02:34 PM
It's the coach. If that team would be coached by Sloan/Pop/Larry Brown they would be one of the best teams in the league. But they're coached by Piggy Karl, who, among other things, puts up with guys like JR Smith.

Doubt it. No team with Carmelo Anthony as its best player is expected to be elite.

lil_penny
03-04-2009, 02:34 PM
Great writeup sd

rayray2k8
03-04-2009, 02:39 PM
I think the reason why you excluded the suns is because of the departure of Porter
and him cramping the run and gun suns.
Now that he is gone, it looks like they have new life in them.
But it's the same old typical Suns. :lol

sook
03-04-2009, 02:39 PM
Doesn't matter. Yao and Tracy are not performers on the big stage- as witnessed by Tracy never getting out of the first round, and Yao choking during the Olympics when he lost all but 2 games

your right and a shitty built team outside of 1 player won't do anything either...

crc21209
03-04-2009, 02:46 PM
The Western Conference Playoffs are going to be just as competitive and good as last yr. I mean we could have 1st round matchups of Lakers-Suns, or Spurs-Jazz, or Blazers-Hornets. There are going to be some damn good matchups from the 1st round on.

Thunder Dan
03-04-2009, 02:49 PM
your right and a shitty built team outside of 1 player won't do anything either...

that's why the Cavs haven't won anything the last couple years, but they will this year.

Thunder Dan
03-04-2009, 02:52 PM
speaking of communism, Did you see the Chinese government would not allow Oasis to preform there this summer because they found out that Noel Gallagher preformed at a Free Tibet concert back in 1997? All their Chinese fans bought tickets, and the government stepped in and said they wouldn't allow them to preform. Go anyone that plays the Rockets!

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5i-3MQKvMk71807h4a5-JWN6JJnyAD96N1QG00

sook
03-04-2009, 02:52 PM
that's why the Cavs haven't won anything the last couple years, but they will this year.

as long as they ensure the Cs out of the finals i don't care, hate that bitch KG :bang

de Soto
03-04-2009, 02:53 PM
With the NBA Playoffs 2009 roughly one month away, it's time for certain teams to get their fishing gear ready and start making their summer plans...

3. New Orleans Hornets - It is official: These guys just don't have it this year. This team last year played with a fierce competitiveness, they were pesky, annoying, and pissed the hell out of me. That's what being competitive in the league is all about. At 37-22, they were 40-19 at this point last year, that's only 3 games behind, but then again at this point last year the Hornets began playing at an extremely competitive level. The Hornets have been kind of dragging along all season this year....About a 50-32 finish here. They will get into the 2nd round, but are looking at getting swept once they get there.

4. Portland - To me this is the laughing stock of all West playoff teams. I don't know why everyone starts talking about them just because they made a couple of shots, got some wins, and basically were in the right place at the right time for the first 20 games, with a 14-6 record. They are only 23-16 since. Again, fluky start there. The low point of the season was when Joel Pryzbilla's grandmother wrote complaining to the league that Tyson Chandler was bullying him. Until this team proves otherwise, they are SOFT. PREDICTION: 1st round exit.

5. Dallas - Again, another team that just doesn't have it anymore. It's amazing what trading one player (who wasn't even considered a 'Big Three' Mavs player) can do to your team. Only 53-41 overall since Kidd joined the lineup. Yikes. Who would have thought that Jason Kidd would ruin the Mavericks? PREDICTION: 1st round exit

That leaves SA, Utah, Lakers, and Suns...

Looks pretty good to me. But I have a feeling that somehow, some way, the mavs will find a way to keep losing to join that crowd. I'd actually rather see them tossed out in the first round of the playoffs like a used tampon. It would nicely prolong their suffering. :rollin:rollin:rollin

Killakobe81
03-04-2009, 03:01 PM
Silly stuff from spurs Dynasty ...Suns?!
Love to play them in first round we played like arse and we still almost beat them on sunday and we owe thme some playoff ass whoppins anyway ...so bring em on ...

as for the other stuff i agreethat rox, nuggs blazers still have lot's to prove ...this is how i see the West
elite: Lakers and spurs
dangerous: Jazz and hornets
tough only at home: Rox, nugz and Blazers
Why bother? : Mavs, suns

ambchang
03-04-2009, 04:08 PM
The thing I don't get is, if the SA, Utah, Lakers, and Suns face off in the WCSF, how could the Hornets get to the 2nd round?

de Soto
03-04-2009, 04:19 PM

Well, loser fans need a team too. :toast

Ghazi
03-04-2009, 04:40 PM
Silly stuff from spurs Dynasty ...Suns?!
Love to play them in first round we played like arse and we still almost beat them on sunday and we owe thme some playoff ass whoppins anyway ...so bring em on ...

as for the other stuff i agreethat rox, nuggs blazers still have lot's to prove ...this is how i see the West
elite: Lakers and spurs
dangerous: Jazz and hornets
tough only at home: Rox, nugz and Blazers

Arent the Jazz only tough at home? :-P

every team outside of the Lakers/Spurs in the West has been poor on the road really.

Pelicans78
03-04-2009, 05:43 PM
Arent the Jazz only tough at home? :-P

every team outside of the Lakers/Spurs in the West has been poor on the road really.

We've been decent on the road. Not good as last year, but decent.

Pelicans78
03-04-2009, 05:46 PM
SD, you really counting us out? We're definitely grinding through alot more games this season, but that could make us better in the long run. Last season we would mostly win by blowouts or just lose. We rarely grinded out victories, which is why we lost a game 7 at home. We're learning how to win ugly this season and it may payoff later in the year. Last season it seemed if things weren't going great, we weren't mentally tough to grind out a victory. This team seems a little different. Besides, teams aren't overlooking us this season. We probably surprised most teams last season.

monosylab1k
03-04-2009, 05:47 PM
Has someone given the Spurs Ring Check yet in this thread?

No? okay I'll do it.

4 rings.

Ghazi
03-04-2009, 05:58 PM
SD, you really counting us out? We're definitely grinding through alot more games this season, but that could make us better in the long run. Last season we would mostly win by blowouts or just lose. We rarely grinded out victories, which is why we lost a game 7 at home. We're learning how to win ugly this season and it may payoff later in the year. Last season it seemed if things weren't going great, we weren't mentally tough to grind out a victory. This team seems a little different. Besides, teams aren't overlooking us this season. We probably surprised most teams last season.

Dude, "grinding" out is just a fancy way of saying "we're not that good, which is why we constantly go to the final minute against mediocre teams and hit luck shots".

Pelicans78
03-04-2009, 06:18 PM
Dude, "grinding" out is just a fancy way of saying "we're not that good, which is why we constantly go to the final minute against mediocre teams and hit luck shots".

You could say that about alot of teams. Its not just against mediocre teams. We've beaten teams playoff contenders by just shooting in the low 40s this season or beaten teams without 2 or 3 starters. We didn't have any injuries last season. We were healthy the entire season. This year has been more difficult with alot of injuries, lack of intensity, shots not falling, etc. and we're only 3 games off of last season's pace. Pretty remarkable. I think tomorrow night is going to be a tough game we're gonna have to "grind out" to win.

Ghazi
03-04-2009, 06:27 PM
Not really, the Mavs suck on the road.

But that's a different story.

Bottom line, a jump shooting team whose star player defers to Jannero muthafuckin pargo in the 4th quarter isn't really a threat. He's saying Hornets will advance to 2nd round, which looks about right.

de Soto
03-04-2009, 06:41 PM

Ahhh...you ARE making progress. Attaboy! Keep pushing forward. :toast

Ghazi
03-04-2009, 06:52 PM
I just had a vision of the Mavs down 20 in game 4 of the 1st round in the Lakers, down 3-0 in the series, with the fans booing and the team racking up frustration technicals.

:(

Pelicans78
03-04-2009, 06:54 PM

But that's a different story.

Bottom line, a jump shooting team whose star player defers to Jannero muthafuckin pargo in the 4th quarter isn't really a threat. He's saying Hornets will advance to 2nd round, which looks about right.

Since Pargo is gone, I guess he will have to carry the load in the 4th himself. :toast

Ghazi
03-04-2009, 07:00 PM
Nah it'll just be Ryan Bowen this time.

Pelicans78
03-04-2009, 07:04 PM
Nah it'll just be Ryan Bowen this time.

:lol

Pretty good Ghazi. Personally, I would have gone with Sean Marks. He's a cult hero among this forum.

http://www.nba.com/media/act_sean_marks.jpg

tlongII
03-04-2009, 07:14 PM
Spurs Dynasty needs to realize that every team in the Western Conference is playing for 2nd place behind the Portland Trail Blazers.

Ghazi
03-04-2009, 07:17 PM
Spurs Dynasty needs to realize that every team in the Western Conference is playing for 2nd place behind the Portland Trail Blazers.

Weak

Ghazi
03-04-2009, 07:17 PM
No team that loses to the Mavs twice in the same season is to be taken seriously.

Double-Up
03-04-2009, 07:22 PM
Sorry SD I can't hear you...please take Deron Williams's cock out of your mouth and quit riding Utah's dick.

PDXSpursFan
03-04-2009, 07:27 PM
Suns????

Dinamita
03-04-2009, 07:51 PM
http://www.forumammo.com/cpg/albums/userpics/10062/SiskoAnimated.gif