PDA

View Full Version : Irate Cuban demands more 'effort and energy'

crc21209
03-04-2009, 02:53 PM
Irate Cuban demands more 'effort and energy'

Associated Press

DALLAS (AP) - The Dallas Mavericks are testing the patience of Mark Cuban.

The outspoken owner called out his entire roster Tuesday, a day after the Mavericks fell behind by 23 and lost to Oklahoma City, which is among the worst teams in the NBA and played without its top two scorers.

"It's only one game, which I keep reminding myself of," Cuban said in Wednesday's editions of The Dallas Morning News and Fort Worth Star-Telegram. "But let's just say I wasn't happy with our preparation, execution or effort. Not only did it look like we had no idea what we were doing, but we did it without effort. The effort and energy, on both sides of the ball, by each player will decide their future with the Mavericks."

Cuban has never been afraid to shake up the roster, but the Mavericks did nothing before this year's trade deadline. They are standing by the belief that trading promising young point guard Devin Harris to New Jersey for Jason Kidd would give them the veteran leadership they need to win a championship.

Dallas entered Wednesday night's game against San Antonio at 6-13 against the other playoff contenders in the Western Conference. They had won three straight before the loss to Oklahoma City, but their previous defeat was a lackluster showing in San Antonio when the Spurs were without Tim Duncan and Manu Ginobili.

"If each player can't take the personal initiative to make every game important and play like it, I don't see them being here next season," Cuban said. "The ball won't always bounce the way we want it to, but every player can control their level of effort. I don't care what their contract is. I would rather turn over the roster 100 percent than subject fans to another game like last night."

Although the Mavericks are clinging to the final playoff spot in the West, they have a mathematical shot at climbing as high as No. 2. A more realistic goal is getting to the fourth seed and having the home-court advantage in the first round.

"This team has the talent to win in the playoffs," Cuban said. "But that's only going to happen if all 15 guys know and execute their assignments and play every possession like it's important."

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/9095310/Irate-Cuban-demands-more-'effort-and-energy'?MSNHPHMA

de Soto
03-04-2009, 02:58 PM
Poor Mark. San Antonians feel your pain...

:depressed

PS. Fuck you, Mark.

:lmao:lmao:lmao

BlackSwordsMan
03-04-2009, 03:07 PM
fuck that faggot

BlackSwordsMan
03-04-2009, 03:07 PM
but I do feel bad for dirk being on such a shitty team

lurker
03-04-2009, 03:20 PM
We no longer like our boys in blue!

Trainwreck2100
03-04-2009, 03:32 PM
he sees that now? Did he miss the entire first half of the season?

Ghazi
03-04-2009, 03:34 PM
There is a huge disparity between how the Mavs have been performing at home and away lately.

22-4 in the last 26 at home I believe. 4-10 in the last 14 on the road.

It's troubling, but I'm not sure if it's a matter of effort or a matter of the team simply being not that good.

The roster has many gaping holes, sometimes a flawed roster trying but failing gives off the impression that they're not trying at all.

The one thing I have issue with is the defensive decline. Considering we were a solid defensive team 2 years ago (not great, but solid), and have many of the same pieces in place, why can't we at least be a good defensive team instead of average?

The offensive talent has declined, which explains the drop in offensive efficiency... but should the defense have regressed this badly?

The boys in blue would have 2-3 more wins this year if they played defense like they used to.

lurker
03-04-2009, 03:39 PM
he sees that now? Did he miss the entire first half of the season?
He was too busy making up the stats to prove that Kidd is the second best player in the league.

hater
03-04-2009, 03:44 PM
the funny thing is that even if Mavs beat the Spurs by 43 tonight... They are still the laughingstock of Texas

dirk4mvp
03-04-2009, 03:45 PM
the funny thing is that even if Mavs beat the Spurs by 43 tonight... They are still the laughingstock of Texas

Not as long as Lubbock is considered to be in Texas.

Thompson
03-04-2009, 03:46 PM
I wish Dirk would opt out after next season and sign cheap here, but I think he's too loyal to Cuban. Hopefully Cuban insults him some more.

If on the off chance Dirk did opt out to try for a championship elsewhere, where do you think he would most likely end up? Joining the Spurs after leaving Dallas would probably be like adding insult to injury, but who knows.

Trainwreck2100
03-04-2009, 03:46 PM
isn;t that a desert or something

Shank
03-04-2009, 03:47 PM
And the Cowboys. And SMU. And the Rangers. And anything non-Spurs coming out of San Antonio that begs to be taken seriously. And UNT.

Tmac&Luther
03-04-2009, 03:49 PM
The one thing I have issue with is the defensive decline. Considering we were a solid defensive team 2 years ago (not great, but solid), and have many of the same pieces in place, why can't we at least be a good defensive team instead of average?

The offensive talent has declined, which explains the drop in offensive efficiency... but should the defense have regressed this badly?

The boys in blue would have 2-3 more wins this year if they played defense like they used to.

Hmm, maybe the little general did get the best out of the Mavs...I don't feel sorry for Mark one bit, he's not any better than Jerry Jones...he's just another meddling owner in Big D.

Does anybody else find it funny that this asshat is now demanding max effort less than a year after he sided with his players, because the coach that demanded max effort was "too hard on them". What a joke. It's pretty obvious the team is just a bunch of slackers who don't want to play with that kind of effort.....that's the reason they revolted against the last coach who was hard on them. Cuban babies his team for years and then wonders why they play soft....the guy is clueless.

Trainwreck2100
03-04-2009, 03:50 PM
And the Cowboys. And SMU. And the Rangers. And anything non-Spurs coming out of San Antonio that begs to be taken seriously. And UNT.

you gonna have to hit the quote button there sir

ATRAIN
03-04-2009, 03:50 PM

You forget UTSA

Trainwreck2100
03-04-2009, 03:51 PM
You forget UTSA

isn't that like a credit union of something?

Shank
03-04-2009, 03:51 PM
you gonna have to hit the quote button there sir

Don't wanna.

Shit. I just did.

dirk4mvp
03-04-2009, 03:54 PM
You forget UTSA

I wonder how much of a dumbass someone has to feel if they're part of the 4% that don't get it.

timvp
03-04-2009, 03:55 PM
Did he have to do this right before the game against the Spurs? :pctoss

Xylus
03-04-2009, 03:56 PM
Man, Trainwreck's avatar cracks me up every time. :lmao

Trainwreck2100
03-04-2009, 03:57 PM
Man, Trainwreck's avatar cracks me up every time. :lmao

six million six million six million

Shank
03-04-2009, 04:07 PM
I like cupcake dog, too.

CubanMustGo
03-04-2009, 04:27 PM
Coming soon: Mavericks head coach Mark Cuban!!

dirk4mvp
03-04-2009, 05:12 PM
Why are you here Memphis Mavs fan? Go away and find ONE team to go for you bandwagoner.:bang:bang:bang:bang

The world would be a better place if your mom decided to swallow instead.

de Soto
03-04-2009, 05:13 PM
but I do feel bad for dirk being on such a shitty team

It is good for the Spurs. Dirk will make an excellent addition to the Spurs bench in a year or two. He will want to be a NBA champion at some point. Ain't gonna happen with the loser mavs. As a Spur, Dirk will get the necessary support from Pop and Tim to keep him from folding under pressure like he has a habit of doing. Other than that, Dirk is a pretty good player and the additional big man the Spurs need.
:flag::flag::flag:

mavs>spurs2
03-04-2009, 05:19 PM
It is good for the Spurs. Dirk will make an excellent addition to the Spurs bench in a year or two. He will want to be a NBA champion at some point. Ain't gonna happen with the loser mavs. As a Spur, Dirk will get the necessary support from Pop and Tim to keep him from folding under pressure like he has a habit of doing. Other than that, Dirk is a pretty good player and the additional big man the Spurs need.

If you're an adult I feel bad for you. If you're just a kid, it's more understandable but I still feel bad for you for not having friends to hang out with instead of spewing your weak attempts at trash talk all over the board. You would think the pinking would be humiliating enough, but you're worse than the average douchebag. Keep up the good work, fucker. :tu

sook
03-04-2009, 05:59 PM
well..they're playing like the damn clippers as of late.

Such a talented team and how the fuck do you lose to the gree/durantless thunder?

Mark didn't say anything wrong, glad to see he cares about his tema

sook
03-04-2009, 06:00 PM

:lol:lol:lol:lol

de Soto
03-04-2009, 06:05 PM
If you're an adult...You would think the pinking would be humiliating enough

Moron. Humiliated on a fucking message board??? Who's not the adult now? Keep guzzling semen, mavs fan boy.:lmao

Shank
03-04-2009, 06:32 PM
Who's not the adult now? Keep guzzling semen...

Hemotivo
03-04-2009, 06:33 PM
effort and energy = intensity?
http://blogs.mysanantonio.com/weblogs/atlarge/mavs.jpg

mavs>spurs2
03-04-2009, 06:36 PM
guzzling semen

I guess since it's a "message board" and you're immune to humiliation, that leaves you free to come out of the closet :lol

You poor homosexual confused little child

de Soto
03-04-2009, 06:36 PM
The roster has many gaping holes, sometimes a flawed roster trying but failing gives off the impression that they're not trying at all.

That's absolute BS. The mavs are spoiled rotten, overpaid and were for the longest time protected from the coaches by Cuban. Mark fucked it up all by hisself. He is undoubtedly a brilliant businessman but apparently his business success does not translate to sports greatness. The best thing he could do is to get a coach like AJ -a total dick- and remove himself from an active role in the team management. But that is not gonna happen because that is the only reason he got the team. Mark simply loves the publicity, media exposure and celebrity that comes with being the bad boy owner. And that's all he'll ever be. An anti-holt of sorts. :toast

SouthTexasRancher
03-04-2009, 07:32 PM

Yep!!! The Mavs are so freakin' pathetic and it starts with their pathetic, fag owner!

SouthTexasRancher
03-04-2009, 07:34 PM
There is a huge disparity between how the Mavs have been performing at home and away lately.

22-4 in the last 26 at home I believe. 4-10 in the last 14 on the road.

It's troubling, but I'm not sure if it's a matter of effort or a matter of the team simply being not that good.

Get smart and hop on the SPURS bandwagon. It's going to be another thrilling ride to NBA Championship #5