PDA

View Full Version : Credit Collections

tlongII
03-04-2009, 03:24 PM
A lady died this past January, and Citibank billed her for February and March for their annual service charges on her credit card, and added late fees and interest on the monthly charge. The balance had been $0.00 when she died, but now somewhere around $60.00. A family member placed a call to Citibank.

Here is the exchange :

Family Member: 'I am calling to tell you she died back in January.'

Citibank: 'The account was never closed and the late fees and charges still apply.'

Family Member: 'Maybe, you should turn it over to collections.'

Citibank: 'Since it is two months past due, it already has been....'

Family Member: So, what will they do when they find out she is dead?'

Citibank: 'Either report her account to frauds division or report her to the credit bureau, maybe both!'

Family Member: 'Do you think God will be mad at her?'

Citibank:
'Excuse me?'

Family Member: 'Did you just get what I was telling you - the part about her being dead?'

Citibank: 'Sir, you'll have to speak to my supervisor.'

Supervisor gets on the phone:

Family Member: 'I'm calling to tell you, she died back in January with a $0 balance.'

Citibank: 'The account was never closed and late fees and charges still apply.'

Family Member: 'You mean you want to collect from her estate?'

Citibank: (Stammer) 'Are you her lawyer?'

Family Member: 'No, I'm her great nephew.' (Lawyer info was given)

Citibank: 'Could you fax us a certificate of death?'

Family Member: 'Sure.' (Fax number was given )

After they get the fax :

Citibank: 'Our system just isn't setup for death. I don't know what more I can do to help.'

Family Member: 'Well, if you figure it out, great! If not, you could just keep billing her. She won't care.'

Citibank: 'Well, the late fees and charges will still apply.'

(What is wrong with these people?!?)

Family Member: 'Would you like her new billing address?'

Citibank: 'That might help...'

Family Member: 'Odessa Memorial Cemetery, Highway 129, Plot Number 69.'

Citibank: 'Sir, that's a cemetery!'

Family
Member: 'And what do you do with dead people on your planet???'

angel_luv
03-04-2009, 03:29 PM
:lol

Strike
03-04-2009, 09:47 PM
Awesome.

Many years ago, my parents wanted to cancel a credit card that belonged to my dad. He got it before they were married and the interest rate and annual fee were horrible. My dad called to cancel it he continued to get statements for a couple of months. Again, he called to cancel it and again, same result. He tried one more time. Again, same result. Finally in desperation, my mother called them (roughly about 9 months after my dad's first call) and told them my dad had died. That finally did the trick. :bang

Fucking credit card companies, man. :rolleyes

Frenzy
03-04-2009, 10:02 PM
I'm sure there is a "died with out notice" fee.

ploto
03-04-2009, 10:16 PM
At least that is not as bad as when my mom got a call from a woman at a doctor's office chewing her out for my grandmother not showing up for her appointment that day and how they would charge her a no-show fee. My mother informed her- not so nicely- that not only had my grandmother died about 10 days prior but also that the doctor who took care of her, who pronounced her dead, and who signed the death certificate was that doctor. You would assume a guy who takes care of a lot of old people would have in place a way for his staff to know a patient died and to remove their appointments. My mom knew there were a lot of people she had to inforrm about the death of her mother, but she never imagined one of them was the actual doctor.

Sapphire
03-04-2009, 10:57 PM
At least that is not as bad as when my mom got a call from a woman at a doctor's office chewing her out for my grandmother not showing up for her appointment that day and how they would charge her a no-show fee. My mother informed her- not so nicely- that not only had my grandmother died about 10 days prior but also that the doctor who took care of her, who pronounced her dead, and who signed the death certificate was that doctor. You would assume a guy who takes care of a lot of old people would have in place a way for his staff to know a patient died and to remove their appointments. My mom knew there were a lot of people she had to inforrm about the death of her mother, but she never imagined one of them was the actual doctor.

Now that's just messed up. :depressed

Fabbs
03-05-2009, 10:43 AM
Make it into entertainment when these banks or collection dorks call.

"Excuse me, but we are making some Indian food. Should I use red or yellow curry? What would you do?"

Or place them on hold, time how long they remain on hold until they hang up. Time the results, see who wins.

For those needing serious help, i know the best credit cleanup guy in the entire world.

RandomGuy
03-05-2009, 11:11 AM
mmm credit card companies. Funny story.

I will not feel sorry for them when their default rates skyrocket.

AlamoSpursFan
03-05-2009, 11:59 AM
Make it into entertainment when these banks or collection dorks call.

"Excuse me, but we are making some Indian food. Should I use red or yellow curry? What would you do?"

Or place them on hold, time how long they remain on hold until they hang up. Time the results, see who wins.

For those needing serious help, i know the best credit cleanup guy in the entire world.

I have some Indian dorks that call every day. I have no idea who they're collecting for, but occasionally they call when I've had a beer or 12 and I have so much fun jerking their chains. The best part is you can curse at them like sailors and they don't hang up because they have no idea what you're saying.

gay abc
03-05-2009, 12:30 PM

when we get calls from the police dept etc., asking for donations, i always pull out the agador character:

Armand: What are you giving him drugs for? What the hell are Pirin tablets?
Agador: It's aspirin with the "A" and the "S" scraped off.
Armand: My God, what a brilliant idea!
Agador: I know.

Albert: I'm leaving you my stereo...
Agador: I don't want it.
Albert: My red boots?
Agador: I don't want them.
Albert: And my wigs?
Agador: Which wig?

it works everytime :rollin

Taco
03-05-2009, 12:34 PM

jack sommerset
03-05-2009, 12:44 PM
We moved 3 years ago and we called all the business's to give them our new address. 1 gave us a hard time about it. Circuit City. We gave them our SS,old address,names,what we bought,the day we bought it, our account number, just about everything to prove that it was us. I think we owed like 400 bucks. Not a whole lot. I never got frustrated. I did repeat a few times "look, I just want to give you my new address" They kept saying this is for security" I said "if I was not who I was, how did I know all this info and if I wanted to steal something I have all the account information, I can go on line and order like its x-mas". Did not matter. They had more questions. I swear to God they asked me "do you know who lives at 1523 Oak street" I said "no" They asked me about a few other address's. I did not know any of the address's. They asked me "If I knew certain people, some had the same last name as me or my wife but we did not know any of the people they said. Then they said I failed the test and to call back in 3 days.