View Full Version : The Spurs released Mensah-Bonsu

tav1
03-04-2009, 03:58 PM
I'll grab a link when I can find one...

tp2021
03-04-2009, 03:59 PM
March 4, 2009
Spurs Release Pops Mensah-Bonsu

SAN ANTONIO – The San Antonio Spurs announced today that they have released forward Pops Mensah-Bonsu from his 10-day contract.

Mensah-Bonsu appeared in 3 games for the Spurs where he averaged 5.0 points and 3.3 rebounds in 6.7 minutes. He also spent time with the Austin Toros, the Spurs affiliate in the NBA Development League. In eight games with the Toros, Mensah-Bonsu averaged 26.6 points, 13.0 rebounds, 2.4 assists and 2.50 blocks in 39.8 minutes.

The Spurs roster stands at 14. http://www.nba.com/spurs/mensah_bonsu_released_090304.html

BruceBowenFan
No suprise here.

timvp
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!11!! !!!!!!one!!!!!asdifawefhawefh

Dex
03-04-2009, 04:00 PM
Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!?

Oh, because it makes fiscal sense. That's right.

Mugen
03-04-2009, 04:00 PM
he'll be a contributor for another team. gl pops!

Trainwreck2100
03-04-2009, 04:01 PM
not hops smart people club bonsu!!!!!!!11
Why couldn't they release manu he hasn't done shit for two weeks?

timvp
How will the Spurs go on without George Robinson-Duncan? :depressed

ManuTP9
fucccccccccckkkkk why ?/? because he can dunk good????

ManuTP9
03-04-2009, 04:02 PM
yet we have udoka still on the roster......................

it's me
03-04-2009, 04:02 PM
Gotto think twice before dunking the ball around the first time you play for Pop.

HarlemHeat37
03-04-2009, 04:03 PM
obvious move..no point of having 6 bigs on the roster..Pop will find a place to play though..

urunobili
03-04-2009, 04:03 PM
Gotto think twice before dunking the ball around the first time you play for Pop.

:lmao

tav1
03-04-2009, 04:04 PM
I get all the jokes about overestimating Mensah-Bonsu's value, but I'm sad to see him go. 15th man, D-League call up, Drew Gooden, blah, blah...I get it. Obvious choice. Still the kid has been giving it his all to in D-League and played hard in short minutes. I'd like to see him get a contract somewhere.

Trainwreck2100
03-04-2009, 04:04 PM
obvious move..no point of having 6 bigs on the roster..Pop will find a place to play though..

I don't think he'll crack anybody's rotation, he's pretty old and should prob just stick to coaching

timvp
03-04-2009, 04:05 PM
Seriously though, good luck to Pops. He helped make those Cavs and Blazers blowouts funner to watch. He'd be a very good summer league addition. A spot in training camp would make a lot of sense to give Mahinmi and Gist some competition.

coyotes_geek
03-04-2009, 04:07 PM

If Pops ends up on some NBA team putting up better numbers than Udoka then I guess we'll have something to feel bad about.

Dr. Gonzo
fucccccccccckkkkk why ?/? because he can dunk good????

Dunk well, you mean he can dunk well.

Dr. Gonzo
Wasn't Pops on a few different teams and cut by them as well?

timvp
03-04-2009, 04:08 PM
I get all the jokes about overestimating Mensah-Bonsu's value, but I'm sad to see him go. 15th man, D-League call up, Drew Gooden, blah, blah...I get it. Obvious choice. Still the kid has been giving it his all to in D-League and played hard in short minutes. I'd like to see him get a contract somewhere.Wonder if you'll go back to the Toros in the meantime. If he can keep putting up the numbers he was putting up prior to his call up, I'm sure a lottery-bout team will give him a look at some point. He's ineligible for the playoffs but a playoff-bound team might even take a look at him just to see if they want to control his rights heading into the summer.

rayray2k8
03-04-2009, 04:08 PM
All 3 pops supporters have been reported jumping into on coming traffic.

Later today on WOAI at 5

ManuTP9
03-04-2009, 04:10 PM
Dunk well, you mean he can dunk well.

yes :lol

meestahmeestah
03-04-2009, 04:10 PM
he'll be a contributor for another team. gl pops!

wait, how many teams was he a contributor for this year?

Texas_Ranger
03-04-2009, 04:12 PM
Wasn't Pops on a few different teams and cut by them as well?

He was on the best team in the league...Yes, the Mavs, but there were STARS like Terry, Kidd, Stack, Howard, Dampier.... so he had to pack his bags ang go!

FromWayDowntown
03-04-2009, 04:16 PM
Pops Mensah-Bonsu and Courtney Sims are clearly going to have a tremendous impact on the Western Conference race in 2009.

Marcus Bryant
03-04-2009, 04:17 PM
Goodbye cruel world.

ulosturedge
03-04-2009, 04:18 PM
He will get a shot somewhere else. It would have been another project teaching Pops to be a good defender. We don't have anymore time for projects. We want to win a Championship now!

easy7
03-04-2009, 04:18 PM
Doomz - might as well give the western conference thropy to the lakers now. :rolleyes

FromWayDowntown
03-04-2009, 04:21 PM
If you waive Udoka (or Vaughn), you're paying for him and for Pops (or whatever other end-of-the-bench guy you bring in).

If you waive Pops, you're only paying for Udoka.

mVp
03-04-2009, 04:22 PM

:depressed

Galileo
03-04-2009, 04:22 PM
Pops = 20 minutes, 15 points, 10 rebounds

That's 27 points and 18 rebounds per 36 minutes.

That's pretty good.

MoSpur
03-04-2009, 04:28 PM
I get all the jokes too. I like him. I will admit, I am little sad to see him go, but I know the Spurs are better by letting him go. The guy has a lot to learn when it comes to setting screens, hustling on defense, and so on.

Obstructed_View
03-04-2009, 04:32 PM
If you waive Udoka (or Vaughn), you're paying for him and for Pops (or whatever other end-of-the-bench guy you bring in).

If you waive Pops, you're only paying for Udoka.

Throwing good money after bad doesn't make any sense. "This guy sucks, but he makes more money so we'll let him clog up our roster while we're at it." That's called adding injury to insult.

Udoka has a team option in his contract for next year which - unless I'm mistaken - means the Spurs would have to have bought him out for more than just what they owe him this season. That's the only reason in my estimation that he's still here. Someone that's better with the money and business stuff help me out here, plz.

That said, Gooden is a thousand times better than Pops if your goal is to contend for a title this year, so if Pops is about to blow up and suddenly become a player, we'll just have to chalk it up to bad timing. Something tells me he'll be available for a summer contract and a camp invite next season.

And I still enjoyed the shit out of watching him play in garbage time.

baseline bum
03-04-2009, 04:36 PM
Pops = 20 minutes, 15 points, 10 rebounds

That's 27 points and 18 rebounds per 36 minutes.

That's pretty good.

Holy shit; if Pop would give him any minutes he'd win league MVP!

SenorSpur
03-04-2009, 04:42 PM
I'll never understand all the Pops hate. Sure some on the board may have overhyped and overrated his ability, but the guy did the most with his minutes. It was hard not to like his energy, athleticism and raw potential. Those tools could be useful to some team, possibly the Spurs, for the long haul. We all know the dude was not ready for prime time, but I would say he did enough to warrant at least a training camp invitation.

That said, it's time to strap it up and win NOW!

Aggie Hoopsfan
03-04-2009, 04:44 PM
Yeah I was just thinking the same thing. :wakeup

And clearly neither one of you understand the fact Ime's salary was guaranteed for the rest of the season, Pops's wasn't.

Oh wait, you all expected Holt to throw away a little under a million bucks just to hang on to some D-leaguer on a 10 day contract :lol

Aggie Hoopsfan
03-04-2009, 04:46 PM
I'll never understand all the Pops hate. Sure some on the board may have overhyped and overrated his ability, but the guy did the most with his minutes. It was hard not to like his energy, athleticism and raw potential. Those tools could be useful to some team, possibly the Spurs, for the long haul. We all know the dude was not ready for prime time, but I would say he did enough to warrant at least a training camp invitation.

That said, it's time to strap it up and win NOW!

Well, there is the whole thing about him having the potential to be a 13 and 8 guy and people being outraged about us waiving him for a 13 and 8 guy.

porscha
03-04-2009, 04:48 PM
someone should tells pops....the headband does not work in spurs!
:nope:rollin

The Truth #6
Great, now the DOW is going to drop another 1000 points.

But yes, good luck to Pops and hopefully he makes it to our training camp next year.

FromWayDowntown
Throwing good money after bad doesn't make any sense. "This guy sucks, but he makes more money so we'll let him clog up our roster while we're at it." That's called adding injury to insult.

It's actually called the reality of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

porscha
03-04-2009, 04:50 PM
I rather keep pops then hairston

Brazil
Good news he is a way too athletic and fun to watch to be a spurs

Brazil
i rather keep pops then hairston

+1

FromWayDowntown
03-04-2009, 04:54 PM
These threads remind me how glad I am sometimes that the SpursTalk gang has no say in the Spurs' personnel decision-making.

YoMamaIsCallin
03-04-2009, 04:54 PM
Read the press release carefully. The Spurs released him from his 10-day contract. Pops agreed to this. Why would he not play it out and get his money, unless someone else is about to pick him up?

Re Pops vs. Hairston: I believe Hairston is guaranteed through the end of the season, Pops isn't. It's just a matter of dollars. If they go over the lux tax boundary, that one dollar that puts them over will cost them millions. They are being very, very careful to stay under.

Kill_Bill_Pana
03-04-2009, 04:56 PM
Spanish club Zaragoza has given him pretty good contract offer. This is probably why.

ss1986v2
03-04-2009, 05:00 PM
Udoka has a team option in his contract for next year which - unless I'm mistaken - means the Spurs would have to have bought him out for more than just what they owe him this season. That's the only reason in my estimation that he's still here. Someone that's better with the money and business stuff help me out here, plz.

udoka is a free agent next season. we only owe him what is left on his contract for this year.

but because neither udoka or pops would be producing for the team (would be either the 12 men or in a suit), we would essentially be paying twice for no production. better to pay $10 for nothing than $20.

porscha
03-04-2009, 05:01 PM
I just can't see anything special about hairston

Chomag
03-04-2009, 05:06 PM
Seriously People, was this guy really that bad to warrant so much Spurs fan hate?

Best of luck to him I hope he gets a chance to find a team that will let him contribute. :toast

meestahmeestah
03-04-2009, 05:06 PM
all this worrying about a 26 year old with "potential" makes me laugh. Dude was out of basketball for a couple of months after "stellar" stats (something like 8 points/5 boards in the Italian League) before landing in the D-League in February and blowing up against the likes of...hmmm...quick, someone name some D-League beasts!

And you're worried about "potential"? I could see if it was some 26 year old Euro who'd never played in the U.S. Pops played 4 years at GW and has bounced around ever since. I think the basketball world has seen his ceiling.

coyotes_geek
03-04-2009, 05:07 PM
udoka is a free agent next season. we only owe him what is left on his contract for this year.

but because neither udoka or pops would be producing for the team (would be either the 12 men or in a suit), we would essentially be paying twice for no production. better to pay $10 for nothing than $20.

Exactly. Besides, if the Spurs playoff hopes come down to who is on the roster between Ime Udoka and Pops Mensah-Bonsu then we're screwed no matter what.

WalterBenitez
03-04-2009, 05:08 PM
Why??? making space for who?

hater
03-04-2009, 05:11 PM
throw Pops on the court and he produces. what else can you ask for?? Hopefully he can be in Spurs summer camp.

But he will probably go to Europe to make millions and win Euroleague MVP. Good luck Pops.

PDXSpursFan
03-04-2009, 05:21 PM
Hopefully, he he come back for summer league/training camp.

angelbelow
03-04-2009, 05:22 PM
gl to pops.

sa_butta
03-04-2009, 05:25 PM
Everyone should know by now, when we get a good atheletic dunker on the team he will not last. Its just not right, we must remain boring.

Ice009
03-04-2009, 05:31 PM
I just can't see anything special about hairston

Have you actually seen Hairston play???

I thought he was our second best player in the Denver game where the big three sat out. That is pretty freaking good for a rookie that only played 1 or 2 games before that game.

ChumpDumper
03-04-2009, 05:32 PM
Pops will be fine. If he actually goes back to the Toros, it probably won't be for long. It makes sense for him to stick around for another callup and a chance to stay on an NBA roster for the rest of the season and beyond -- players are eligible a pension after three years.

I'm sorry to see him leave the Spurs, but the decision was a pretty easy one to make.

Spurs Brazil
03-04-2009, 05:40 PM
I hope Spurs can have him for Summer League to see what he can do.

This season he would not help at all

SouthTexasRancher
03-04-2009, 05:40 PM
Spanish club Zaragoza has given him pretty good contract offer. This is probably why.

That is one fine sig you have, KBP. We need to get them Hooters Honey's on the Silver Dancers. The Spurs would need a new 40,000 seat arena! Har!

picnroll
03-04-2009, 05:42 PM
Too bad they couldn't put him on the Stephen Jackson track and work with him for a year. Last game I was impressed with the way he could cover Outlaw and he had a very nice drive, spin move, missed the shot but the move was controlled.

Kill_Bill_Pana
03-04-2009, 05:43 PM
throw Pops on the court and he produces. what else can you ask for?? Hopefully he can be in Spurs summer camp.

But he will probably go to Europe to make millions and win Euroleague MVP. Good luck Pops.

He has been offer good contract from Zaragoza of Spain league but this is not Euroleague level. This is by far one of worst clubs in ACB of Spain.

Tully365
03-04-2009, 05:45 PM
Best of luck to Pops. He played hard in the D league and earned his call-up. If another nba team doesn't pick him up, he'll probably wind up living in some beautiful place like Italy or Spain and making a few hundred thousand dollars... not a bad second option.

Spursmania
03-04-2009, 05:48 PM
GL to Pops. That's the reality of the NBA. Maybe he'll be invited to training camp.:hat

kobyz
03-04-2009, 05:51 PM
he will play with the England national team this summer in the Eurobasket tournament

Kill_Bill_Pana
03-04-2009, 06:01 PM
he will play with the England national team this summer in the Eurobasket tournament

This is rumor to be team for them Great Britain. I think is not called England national team but Great Britain national team.

Nate Reinking
Andrew Sullivan
Kieron Achara
Eric Boateng
Richard Midgley
Andrew Betts
Robert Archibald
Joel Freeland
Pops Mensah-Bonsu
Luol Deng
Kelenna Azubuike
Ben Gordon

is not bad team but will need luck to medal at Euro championship

Ocotillo
03-04-2009, 06:09 PM
As long as neither the Lakers or Houston picks him up (and then he blows up), I'm cool.

spurspokesman
03-04-2009, 06:17 PM
I get all the jokes about overestimating Mensah-Bonsu's value, but I'm sad to see him go. 15th man, D-League call up, Drew Gooden, blah, blah...I get it. Obvious choice. Still the kid has been giving it his all to in D-League and played hard in short minutes. I'd like to see him get a contract somewhere.

He wil. Like I said in A previous post. He'll be kicking ass (maybe ours lol) on another team. If he is available in the future i'd say get em.

jdev82
03-04-2009, 06:17 PM
making room for sheed? my guess is they'll make a major push for him. they'll have so many expiring contracts to offer. thats assuming gooden doesnt work out. no idea. but it does make a lot of sense for the spurs to make these moves. financially and otherwise. just my two cents.

The Truth #6
03-04-2009, 06:18 PM
I understand letting Pops go, but I don't understand all the Udoka hate. JV is worse than Udoka. He's our 4th string PG. Udoka isn't great either - that's not what I'm saying - but he's more useful than JV.

TheProfessor
03-04-2009, 06:25 PM
Have you actually seen Hairston play???

I thought he was our second best player in the Denver game where the big three sat out. That is pretty freaking good for a rookie that only played 1 or 2 games before that game.
Hairston's two-handed dunk was by far the best in those blowouts. He's steadily improved and shown ability on both sides of the ball. I have no clue why anyone would prefer Pops over him when we're (hopefully) bringing Gist over next year.

That said, best of luck to him, and hopefully we see him in training camp.

peskypesky
03-04-2009, 06:28 PM
the poor guy. someone should've told him that Pop hates dunkers.

Skadie
03-04-2009, 06:32 PM
:downspin::flag: KICK ___ tonight!!!!

mudyez
03-04-2009, 06:37 PM

LOL

I'm sad to see him go and wish him the best for the future! hopefully he will find a place in this league sometime soon!

btw.: isn't it funny like everyone was speaking of not trading g-hill coz we need to have youth and now a lot of people say: "we need to win now and there is no room fro projects!"

was he overvalued by some fans? yes!
was he unable to be a good player in a few years? i dont think so!
would it have taken too long for us to work out! probably yes!
is it the same with george hill? I'm pretty sure!

SouthTexasRancher
03-04-2009, 06:39 PM
I understand letting Pops go, but I don't understand all the Udoka hate. JV is worse than Udoka. He's our 4th string PG. Udoka isn't great either - that's not what I'm saying - but he's more useful than JV.

First of all if Tony goes down with an injury during the playoffs you will absolutely need an experienced PG ready to put in the minutes even if it means playing alongside of George Hill. And if either of those two go down at least we have guys like Manu and Mason who can fill in on a limited basis to give the one healthy PG a few minutes rest at non-critical times during the game.

As to Ime Udoka, he is totally worthless. He had so much promise and now he is an emotional zombie. He plays like a deer in the headlights. He has lost all confidence in his ability and it shows. And it is obvious that Pop has lost confidence in him...at least to the point where he is only a body to put on the floor late in a game during mop up time. Too bad he stayed and Pops went. What was Pop thinking? Must have been a money thing.

lefty
03-04-2009, 06:42 PM
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!11!! !!!!!!one!!!!!asdifawefhawefh

I was going to say the exact same thing

lefty
03-04-2009, 06:42 PM
Why??? making space for who?

James Gist !!!!

ElNono
03-04-2009, 06:44 PM
So does Pops becomes a legend like James White(!) now?

Agloco
03-04-2009, 06:46 PM

No shit, he did more in two appearances than Udoka's done in almost 2 years....

ploto
03-04-2009, 06:46 PM
Wonder if you'll go back to the Toros in the meantime. If he can keep putting up the numbers he was putting up prior to his call up, I'm sure a lottery-bout team will give him a look at some point. He's ineligible for the playoffs but a playoff-bound team might even take a look at him just to see if they want to control his rights heading into the summer.

The more I think about it the more I am convinced that the Spurs signed him when they did to make sure he could not be on another team's play-off roster.

poop
03-04-2009, 06:51 PM
this is a big mistake. incredibly frustrating

MarHill
03-04-2009, 06:54 PM
gl to pops.

+1

It amazes me the Spurs fans don't see....why the Spurs are signing Drew Gooden a proven NBA starter over a guy who just came from the D-League.

Pops may develop and become a better player...but the Spurs are trying to win a championship and they saw they needed more size on the frontline.

They didn't have to trade anyone to get him (even though the Camby deal was in the works before the trade deadline) and he's a legit 6"10...not 6"8 like Pops.

They don't have to go over the luxury tax either. I wish Pops well...but this was a no-brainer!!!

:flag:

tomtom
03-04-2009, 06:57 PM
Oh Pops, thou shalt be missed

crc21209
03-04-2009, 07:00 PM
Damn. Oh well. I loved what he brought to this team but maybe Pop and the coaching staff thought he was still a little too raw, maybe just a little more development and he'll be good to go.

crc21209
03-04-2009, 07:02 PM
I'd love to see Hairston, Mahinmi, Gist, and Pops come in to training camp next yr all together though. It would be great for the young guns to battle it out for some spots.

ChumpDumper
03-04-2009, 07:02 PM
The more I think about it the more I am convinced that the Spurs signed him when they did to make sure he could not be on another team's play-off roster.Possible, but it's not like the Spurs knew they would be getting Drew Gooden.

spursnatic
03-04-2009, 07:18 PM
That fucking sucks, I see a whole lot of potential in that kid!! Popovic never gives young guys a chance?...What the hell is wrong with him? With him being waived, that means he doesn't go straight back to the Toros either...So most likely he will end up with one of our rivals showing what he is really worth?....FUCK!!!!!:lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt2: :flag:

Bruno
03-04-2009, 07:25 PM
Pops is still playoffs eligible.
The march 1st deadline is for players that are waived and go through waivers.
Pops was on a 10 days contract and you don't go on waivers when you are released in the middle of a 10 days contract.

timvp
03-04-2009, 07:30 PM
Pops was on a 10 days contract and you don't go on waivers when you are released in the middle of a 10 days contract.Brunowned :toast

exstatic
03-04-2009, 07:38 PM
Y'Know, I kinda wanted him back next year, but with all the wet pant fan boys and girls mourning him like we lost Dwight Howard or something, I don't care if I ever see PMB in a Spurs uni again, if for no other reason than the ridiculous over-rating that goes on in this forum for a player who can dunk, and little else.

exstatic
03-04-2009, 07:40 PM
That fucking sucks, I see a whole lot of potential in that kid!! Popovic never gives young guys a chance?...What the hell is wrong with him? With him being waived, that means he doesn't go straight back to the Toros either...So most likely he will end up with one of our rivals showing what he is really worth?....FUCK!!!!!:lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt2: :flag:

Proving that you don't know shit. He was Toros property when he got called up by the Spurs, and that's exactly where he goes back to, moron.

Oh, and George Hill has played rotation minutes all year, and Hairston does when there's an injury, and there's always an injury. So much for Pop not giving young guys a chance, Drama Queen.

exstatic
03-04-2009, 07:42 PM
I was going to say the exact same thing

Except LJ was kidding, and you're not.

lefty
03-04-2009, 07:43 PM
Except LJ was kidding, and you're not.

Yes I was

duncan228
03-04-2009, 07:44 PM
McDonald chimes in.

Spurs release Mensah-Bonsu, clear room for Gooden (http://blogs.mysanantonio.com/weblogs/courtside/)
By Jeff McDonald

The Spurs waved goodbye to forward Pops Mensah-Bonsu this afternoon, releasing him from the remainder of his 10-day contract. That should set the stage for their next pending roster move: Welcoming Drew Gooden.

Gooden, the free-agent power forward recently bought out in Sacramento following his trade there, is expected to sign with the Spurs before the end of the week. The release of Mensah-Bonsu, needed to clear roster space for the Spurs' upcoming new addition, appears to signal that Gooden will arrive sooner rather than later.

It could happen as early as today, since Gooden has cleared waivers.

Mesah-Bonsu, who arrived as a heralded You Tube sensation, appeared in three games with the Spurs, averaging five points and 3.3 rebounds in 6.7 minute and wowed fans with a highlight-reel of athletic dunks. Mensah-Bonsu became expendable earlier this week, however, with the imminent landing of Gooden.

angelbelow
03-04-2009, 07:56 PM
why is there a stereotype that pop hates dunkers?

Manufan909
03-04-2009, 08:05 PM
Seriously though, good luck to Pops. He helped make those Cavs and Blazers blowouts funner to watch. He'd be a very good summer league addition. A spot in training camp would make a lot of sense to give Mahinmi and Gist some competition.

If Gist/Pops/Ian all show they belong the Spurs will instantly become way more athletic, but with Drew and/or Sheed coming, and only Fab leaving... wait, Ian already has a spot. but if Sheed/Drew make it, I doubt Pops will. Timmy/Bonner/Sheed(or Drew)/Ian/KT are enough, even for me, and I'm a big advocator of NEVER seeing small ball in 2009-2010.

If Drew sticks or Sheed comes over, that'll make it 2 bigs with a post game, plus a jack rabbit in Ian. KT will just be the bruiser with a sweet jay, and maybe Bonner will get closer to being Bonner-lite. He's already better than 08, but I can't remember how well he was in 07, then again, I've never seen Bonner play in a meaningful PO game.

carib
03-04-2009, 08:19 PM
I can see the Lakers picking this kid up

slayermin
03-04-2009, 08:21 PM
I don't care what any of you mofos say. I liked Pops and I hope he becomes a Spur in the future, somehow. It wasn't just the dunks. He had presence out there on the court. If anything, he could have been a wild card at the end of the bench when Lamar Odom is wearing our ass out in the conference finals.

The comparisons to Dennis Rodman are not that farfetched, imo. When Rodman was with the Bad Boys, Daly would throw him out there when he didn't like the energy by his team. Rodman wasn't exactly a B-Ball mensa either, especially in his first few years.

Picking up Gooden was the right choice but does he really make us better? I hope so. I can't believe the guy averages 13 and 8. Those stats better translate to San Antonio.

Anyway, good luck, Pops.

spursnatic
03-04-2009, 08:33 PM
Proving that you don't know shit. He was Toros property when he got called up by the Spurs, and that's exactly where he goes back to, moron.

Oh, and George Hill has played rotation minutes all year, and Hairston does when there's an injury, and there's always an injury. So much for Pop not giving young guys a chance, Drama Queen.Shut the fuck up fag...Then why when we waived Blake Ahearn, he went elsewhere?...Looks like your dumb-ass is the one who don't know shit. And Hairston gets minutes at the end of games when we are up by 20, George Hill has to get minutes for the lack of point guards we have...:lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt2::flag:

ChumpDumper
03-04-2009, 09:25 PM
Shut the fuck up fag...Then why when we waived Blake Ahearn, he went elsewhere?He went back to Dakota because that was the D-League team he played for before he was signed by the Spurs.

If Pops goes back to the D-League, he will be on the Toros unless he is renounced or traded by them.

m33p0
03-04-2009, 09:28 PM
buh-bye Pops. see you in training camp.

underdawg
03-04-2009, 10:01 PM
Y'Know, I kinda wanted him back next year, but with all the wet pant fan boys and girls mourning him like we lost Dwight Howard or something, I don't care if I ever see PMB in a Spurs uni again, if for no other reason than the ridiculous over-rating that goes on in this forum for a player who can dunk, and little else.

what's equally annoying is all those that are so quick to dog on anybody that was excited with this guy. He didn't just dunk - he hustled and showed something that we don't have amongst our bigs (not TD) - athleticism and quickness. Think what you want of him, but it would be hard for you to argue that he didn't play hard with his limited time to show his stuff.
The FO knows best and I welcome the addition of Gooden - he's proven and has playoff experience. That said, Pops has potential and had Gooden not been available we possibly could have seen this guy help us - not an impact player, but a hustle player for certain situations. He's raw and probably nowhere near the level of Gooden, but it's not like this guy was worthless.

ploto
03-04-2009, 10:04 PM
Pops was on a 10 days contract and you don't go on waivers when you are released in the middle of a 10 days contract.

Good job.