PDA

View Full Version : Manu Update anyone?

raspsa
03-04-2009, 06:45 PM
How's he doing? Haven't heard anything in a while.

de Soto
03-04-2009, 06:47 PM
I saw him at Sonic. His appetite seemed healthy and he had some nice wheels.

duncan228
03-04-2009, 07:04 PM
Haven't seen anything official, there was a mention of the projected time line last night.

Duncan said the Spurs are aware that guard Manu Ginobili, battling a stress reaction in his right ankle, on Thursday will reach the two-week mark of his projected two-to-three-week absence with the injury.

“You come into every year, and the one thing I always say is that if we're healthy, we have a chance,” Duncan said. “Obviously, we've dealt with some injuries throughout the year. Luckily enough, if you look around the league, it's been minor, compared to some other teams.

“We're fighting through it and playing through it. We can't wait to get Manu back soon and try to make a run for it at the end of the year.”

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118661

crc21209
03-04-2009, 07:04 PM
lol. I have a feeling he'll be back on Sunday for the Suns game or next Thursday against the Lakers.

NFGIII
03-04-2009, 07:15 PM
I miss him on the cocurt, too. But the last thing I want to see is him coming back too soon. I don't think that will happen since Pop will be cautious when making that decision.

Get well soon and come back fresh. An energized and fresh Manu down the stretch going into the playoffs would suit me just fine.

TMTTRIO
03-04-2009, 07:21 PM
Someone said they saw him at Maggianos Little Italy out at the Rim the other day eating and he said he was on the way to get an MRI so take it for what its worth.

I Love Me Some Me
03-04-2009, 07:33 PM
Someone said they saw him at Maggianos Little Italy out at the Rim the other day eating and he said he was on the way to get an MRI so take it for what its worth.

That ain't worth a velvet painting of a whale and a dolphin gettin' it on.

Brazil
03-04-2009, 07:36 PM
confirmed. He'll comeback vs the Lakers.

confirmed by who?

Ditty
03-04-2009, 07:51 PM

he's always eats at cosi at the rim he's huge ha

Manufan909
03-04-2009, 08:24 PM
Since it's an update thread, any news about Ian? He should be good by the Houston game on the 14th(i think the surgery was jan 30, so that'd be 6 weeks, he might even finish early since he doesn't have a bone spur hidden in his ankle anymore). I hope he gets played a bunch in the garbage games/minutes, even though he might not dress up at all unless the Spurs face an athletic frontline and Drew isn't enough, or Pop gets desperate.

If Ian shows up in a PO game after not playing meaningful minutes on the Spurs PERIOD, that would be crazy. Course, the Spurs would have to be down 2-3 games before Pop would pull that out of his bag of tricks.

I know I'm reaching, but I'd really like to see Ian play before the summer league games.

mookie2001
03-04-2009, 08:24 PM
still fragile.

Bruno
03-04-2009, 08:52 PM
Since it's an update thread, any news about Ian? He should be good by the Houston game on the 14th(i think the surgery was jan 30, so that'd be 6 weeks, he might even finish early since he doesn't have a bone spur hidden in his ankle anymore).

The timetable given by doctors to Ian isn't 6 to 10 weeks but is 8 to 12 weeks. Ian's goal is to be back 8 weeks after the surgery. His protective boot has been removed last week and the rehab went well for the moment.

Toros have 8 games between March 28th and April 11th (and maybe some playoffs games after that), it would be nice if Ian could play these games. There will also have some garbage games if Spurs have secured a specific playoffs spot before the end of the regular season.

Manufan909
03-04-2009, 08:53 PM
The timetable given by doctors to Ian isn't 6 to 10 weeks but is 8 to 12 weeks. Ian's goal is to be back 8 weeks after the surgery. His protective boot has been removed last week and the rehab went well for the moment.

Toros have 8 games between March 28th and April 11th (and maybe some playoffs games after that), it would be nice if Ian could play these games. There will also have some garbage games if Spurs have secured a specific playoffs spot before the end of the regular season.

Did you hear about that in a french article? Is he a little ahead/behind the healing curve?

Bruno
03-04-2009, 09:02 PM
Did you hear about that in a french article? Is he a little ahead/behind the healing curve?

I've translated an article about Ian 10 days ago (I don't know if you missed him):
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3135963&postcount=46

There were also a couple of lines written about Ian two days ago saying that the rehab went well and that the boot has been removed. Mahinmi was also saying that he was (for the moment) on track to be back before the end of the regular season.

jack sommerset
03-04-2009, 09:03 PM
As of 4 hours ago Mangoo was spotted milking his pet llama.

urunobili
03-04-2009, 09:42 PM
damn having Ian healthy before then end of the regular season would be HUGE