PDA

View Full Version : rockets vs spurs

mabrignani
03-04-2009, 09:29 PM
so me and my rockets fan friend have been debating a subject with much intensity lately. what is more impressive, winning a ring in the jordanless nba or winning one in 99 with the shortened season

Holt's Cat
03-04-2009, 09:31 PM
Winning 4 instead of 2. Also not changing your uniforms all the fing time. Or celebrating your ChiCom superhero.

mabrignani
03-04-2009, 09:35 PM
Winning 4 instead of 2. Also not changing your uniforms all the fing time. Or celebrating your ChiCom superhero.

ok way to go off point and not answer the question, obviously 4>2

Holt's Cat
03-04-2009, 09:37 PM
I addressed your point. Why don't you just sleep with your lover and leave it at that?

mabrignani
03-04-2009, 09:45 PM
you did not address it at all haha, question was...."what is more impressive, winning a ring in the jordanless nba or winning one in 99 with the shortened season?" and you said, "winning 4 instead of 2".
and sorry im not gonna fulfill your fantasy bro, but feel free to sleep with him instead

underdawg
03-04-2009, 10:17 PM
I'd say Jordan's Bulls would've won one of the Rockets championships, but not necessarily both - Jordan needed the rest and 5 in a row would have been pretty tough. I also think that a healthy DRob and Timmy could have beat any team in 99 regardless of season length - 15 and 2 in the playoffs is pretty impressive.

WalterBenitez
03-05-2009, 06:35 AM
so me and my rockets fan friend have been debating a subject with much intensity lately. what is more impressive, winning a ring in the jordanless nba or winning one in 99 with the shortened season

I am not that good in math but I am almost sure that 4 > 2.:reading

Ariel
03-05-2009, 07:18 AM
I don't see what's the big deal with the shortened regular season in 1999. After all every team was subject to the same conditions, and the Spurs still had to go through a normal length playoffs and beat every team on their way. And more importantly, there's no clear indication things would have gone a different way hadn't that been the case.

On the other hand, having one of the most dominant dynasties dismantled due to their best player (best ever, period, actually) staying off the courts for non basketball related circumstances may arguably be a different matter. Not that it's the Rockets' fault or that it should be held against them, but it's much more straight forward to see how big a part that played in their championships back then and how different things might have been otherwise.

Rogue
03-05-2009, 07:58 AM
none of them is meaningful, including your thread. because "winning one in 99" exactly equals "winning a ring in the jordanless nba". Jordan expired from NBA right after he finished his second 3-title streak.

I guess you want to compare the spurs 4 rings with the two rings rockets won in 90s, but... come on, the two seasons when rockets were championship were also "jordanless", as Jordan was playing baseball during those two seasons.

Lars
03-05-2009, 09:27 AM
Hakeems Rockets swept Shaq's magic whihch beat Jordan's Bulls.

Rogue
03-05-2009, 09:37 AM
Hakeems Rockets swept Shaq's magic whihch beat Jordan's Bulls.
my boy why can't you think twice with your ass before spewing the BS that will only make you look even more idiotic than you really are? Shaq's Magic beat the Bulls in the season when Jordan was playing BASEBALL, so what shaq's magic beat was the bulls without Jordan, that was pippen's bulls at most.

Antoni_Laker
03-05-2009, 09:53 AM
my boy why can't you think twice with your ass before spewing the BS that will only make you look even more idiotic than you really are? Shaq's Magic beat the Bulls in the season when Jordan was playing BASEBALL, so what shaq's magic beat was the bulls without Jordan, that was pippen's bulls at most.

Actually they were Jordan's Bulls. Sure, he didn't have a full season, but he was still MJ who prior to that dropped 55 at MSG that very same season, and if I'm not mistaken a bunch of 40s as well. And yes that Orlando team did beat MJ and the Bulls 4-2 that year.

Rogue
03-05-2009, 09:58 AM
sorry I don't know that clearly because that happened even before I was born, I was born on Feb.23, 2009. :baby

dirk4mvp
03-05-2009, 09:59 AM
The garbage ass Rockets will lose by 20 tonight.