PDA

View Full Version : Mason = Beast

nkdlunch
03-04-2009, 09:49 PM
Dude is stronger than he looks, faster than he looks and sharper than he looks.

he could get 30+pts any given night. given the minutes and plays

:toast

Marcus Bryant
03-04-2009, 09:55 PM
Unconscious.

i LUV da SpURZ
03-04-2009, 10:01 PM
2 bad parker is kinda sorta sucking

hater
03-04-2009, 10:10 PM
Mason is fucking money dude

urunobili
03-04-2009, 10:23 PM

15 first half points is sucking? :nope

spurspokesman
03-04-2009, 10:35 PM

:king Right on. He was doing it in washington. (Hard to shine with Gilbertthe gunner.) I watched him against cleveland in the playoffs and was thrilled when we picked him up.

hater
03-04-2009, 10:38 PM

good call, dummy. :rolleyes

Manu-of-steel
03-04-2009, 10:46 PM
i hope it won't jinx mason's shooting tonight against the mavs

ManuTP9
03-04-2009, 11:40 PM
Mason is teh clutch monster man...

Yorae
03-04-2009, 11:45 PM
I really wished Mason could've gotten the last shot....

mexicanjunior
03-04-2009, 11:47 PM
Mason is a good shooter but I would prefer his backup PG duties be kept to a minimum...

xtremesteven33
03-04-2009, 11:48 PM
Mason is a good shooter but I would prefer his backup PG duties be kept to a minimum...

agreeed.
:bking

loveforthegame
03-04-2009, 11:52 PM
Mason was on fire in the 1st half but thought he sort of disappeared in the 2nd. Terry was abusing him too. Of couse Bowen didn't have much luck on him either.

I thought it was too obvious that we were going to him for the last shot too.

Obstructed_View
03-05-2009, 12:53 AM
Mason's good until teams stop leaving him and Pop decides to make him the backup point guard. Hell, he had Mason running the offense in the second half while Parker was on the floor. Terrible defense from Mase as well, but he wasn't the only one.

MasonMadness
03-05-2009, 01:43 AM
Mason was on fire in the 1st half but thought he sort of disappeared in the 2nd. Terry was abusing him too. Of couse Bowen didn't have much luck on him either.

I thought it was too obvious that we were going to him for the last shot too.

It would of been better for us in the end if we stopped attempting so many three point shots and went directly into the paint. Although I am happy that Mason got us one. :rolleyes

Muser
03-05-2009, 05:09 AM
I didn't see the game but it looks like mason had a beast of a game (judging from the box score)

Why is parker taking 4 three's? Granted he got one in, but that's not his shot.e

WalterBenitez
03-05-2009, 06:36 AM

and ... give him the balll, no as PG but as a shooter.

Brazil
03-05-2009, 07:39 AM
Have we seen the same game ? What was wrong with Parker tonite ? 15-25 at FG for 37 points what is wrong with that ? We lost because of lack on D and Tim 7-21.

WalterBenitez
03-05-2009, 07:48 AM
Have we seen the same game ? What was wrong with Parker tonite ? 15-25 at FG for 37 points what is wrong with that ? We lost because of lack on D and Tim 7-21.

NOthing worng with his individual stats, he was amazing, but from my living room I believe sometimes he trend to push his game, instead of improving the rest. Okey, he's a pro, he's one of the best and he's running in the middle of taller guys, so a give him all the benefit for being so good player.

Anyhow, sometime I wanna kill him, specially when are open shooter and he keep going to the rim.

I agree that Defense on TIm was the key.

Brazil
03-05-2009, 08:04 AM
NOthing worng with his individual stats, he was amazing, but from my living room I believe sometimes he trend to push his game, instead of improving the rest. Okey, he's a pro, he's one of the best and he's running in the middle of taller guys, so a give him all the benefit for being so good player.

Anyhow, sometime I wanna kill him, specially when are open shooter and he keep going to the rim.

I agree that Defense on TIm was the key.

Have you seen also the 2 bonner airballs for instance, TP passed the ball to the wide open shooter and result 2 bricks.

TP is in a quite complicated situation, he needs to be agressive and to go to the rim but here we go with the TP doesn't envolve his team mates shit. TP passes the ball and here we go with TP is not enough agressive shit.

Sorry but I'm perfectly happy with TP running in the midle of taller guys and I'm also happy to see him taking 25 shots at 60%. I thought he passed the ball quite well but bonner airballed 2 and fin was off. He had 4 assists but he could get 3 or 4 more.

Hemotivo
03-05-2009, 08:14 AM
Sorry but I'm perfectly happy with TP running in the midle of taller guys and I'm also happy to see him taking 25 shots at 60%. I thought he passed the ball quite well but bonner airballed 2 and fin was off. He had 4 assists but he could get 3 or 4 more.

why you sorry?

and mason was well defended in the second half

Brazil
03-05-2009, 08:21 AM
Sorry to disagree with Walter

tlongII
03-05-2009, 10:47 AM
Mason is an average NBA player. Nothing more...

Agloco
03-05-2009, 10:49 AM
2 bad parker is kinda sorta inconsistent.

Fixed

Brazil
03-05-2009, 11:22 AM

It's already better than Oden

Agloco
03-05-2009, 11:32 AM

....and nothing less. Glassman Oden anyone?

VI_Massive
03-05-2009, 01:35 PM
1. I would agree that he's generally average but his strengths fit well with our team. He shoots the 3 well, which we do a lot. He can play both guard positions, he defends adequately, and has developed a reputation as a guy who HAS to be accounted for at the end of tight games.

2. If we have a last second shot opportunity to tie or win a game and we have TP, TD, Manu, and Mason on the floor (not that we would want that lineup in anything other than a last second shot opportunity) we have 4 guys who have to be guarded in such a situation, and all 4 of them could conceivably take and make a big shot. That helps.

3. His defense is middling and spotty, but you have to think it'll get better with more time in SA. He certainly seems like a hardworking, unselfish guy who will work hard to get better on that end.

4. Overall, his demeanor and intelligence make him a Spur. He'll step up and dominate when he needs to or when a game is flowing that way, but he's not going to bitch for minutes or shots or have any kind of ego. That attitude is a must for success with our team.

5. He's in that age range where he has enough experience to know what he's doing and earn playing time and patience from Pop, but he's still young enough that he has plenty of athleticism and hop in his step. Plus

6. The best part about Mason is that, though he might be "average" in 2 guard production categories, we are paid a lot less for him than another team would have. In that sense he is an above average value to the team.

dirk4mvp
03-05-2009, 01:39 PM
Mason = worst ball handling guard in the league.

VI_Massive
03-05-2009, 02:19 PM
Mason = worst ball handling guard in the league.

I'll see your Mason and raise you an Eddie House.

Trimble87
03-05-2009, 03:51 PM

Ive been thinking the same thing the last two games. Every time Mason and Harriston were running the back court I would wonder "where is Hill." Last night as I was wondering this Jeff Van Gundy (best announcer in the nba imo) answered it for me. Hills jump shot isn't good enough to have him on the floor when teams are doubling duncan. Come playoff time we cant have hill out there if teams elect to double in the post, because it gives them a guy to double off of. I hadnt even considered that, but it makes perfect sense.

I also have grown on Mason at the point, he proved last night he can create his own shots, hes getting better at attacking the rim, and hes a better passer then Hill at the moment.

Manufan909
03-05-2009, 05:15 PM
True, but I'd still like Hill AT LEAST getting 3-5 shots to see if he's hot, but he only really touched the ball on a fast break where he was fouled before the shot by a Mavs scrub(maybe Singleton) IIRC.