PDA

View Full Version : The Latino on ESPN is pretty bad!!!

scanry
03-04-2009, 10:11 PM
No disrespect to the Latinos, but she pretty much blows.

"How's it going and you have what 14-15 points" to Roger :lol

Hemotivo
03-04-2009, 10:11 PM
that was a colombian secretary of the cartel

spursnatic
03-04-2009, 10:17 PM
Not only that, did you hear her call Jason Terry, Terry Mason?....She said it during her interview with Roger Mason Jr.:lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt2::flag:

Hemotivo
03-04-2009, 10:19 PM
ESPN should hire that weirdo guy from the youtube video

the guy who confused Finley with Mason

MaNu4Tres
03-04-2009, 10:26 PM
claudia : hows it going? how do you feel its amazing how many points up to now 15?

RM : I dont know trying to win a game

Claudia :Its an extraordinary game now for you guys is there anyway to stop yet this time?

RM: Well we got enough points but right now we are giving up too many. Dirk got hot and we gave up too many easy shots . Second half hopefully we take care of the ball a lil better and scoring is ok for us right now

Claudia : it seems terry mason is having a very good game. Is well is there anyway to stop him?

Rm :Our thing is defense. We play team defense, dirk has hit tough shots but in the 2nd half im sure we will correct it.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
03-04-2009, 10:29 PM
ESPN should hire that weirdo guy from the youtube video

the guy who confused Finley with Mason
:lol
I like how he confused more than one person for Finley.

smrattler
03-04-2009, 10:30 PM
claudia : hows it going? how do you feel its amazing how many points up to now 15?

RM : I dont know trying to win a game

Claudia :Its an extraordinary game now for you guys is there anyway to stop yet this time?

RM: Well we got enough points but right now we are giving up too many. Dirk got hot and we gave up too many easy shots . Second half hopefully we take care of the ball a lil better and scoring is ok for us right now

Claudia : it seems terry mason is having a very good game. Is well is there anyway to stop him?

Rm :Our thing is defense. We play team defense, dirk has hit tough shots but in the 2nd half im sure we will correct it.

Let's get her to interview Pop before the 4th quarter. That would be a must see...

hater
03-04-2009, 10:39 PM
claudia. that is some dumb ass bitch. at least she should be wearing some lingerie while she does the interview

EricB
03-04-2009, 10:46 PM
That was probobly the worst interview I've ever seen.

How that chick got a job is beyond me.

Das Texan
03-04-2009, 11:00 PM
this chick is beyond bad.

one of those idiot maverick fans in the stands would probably do a better job.

ILoveOranges
03-04-2009, 11:02 PM
It's so annoying when ESPN tries to include random ethnic interviewers/anchors and even worse, when they have random women who just look out of place, simply for the look of diversity.

Fermixalot
03-04-2009, 11:06 PM
she was pretty bad. I seriously left the living room when that interview was on. it was beyond painful

lurker
03-04-2009, 11:11 PM
I cringed.

Spurtacus
03-04-2009, 11:23 PM
Didn't see it. Is she hot at least?

crc21209
03-04-2009, 11:39 PM
Any one of us here could've done a better job than that idiot. That was the worst interview I've ever seen.

200 miles
03-04-2009, 11:51 PM
talk about harsh criticism...

I would like to see another reporter from ESPN Deportes (somebody who does not have English as his/her first language) to try and outperform Claudia with ease, if possible.

EricB
03-04-2009, 11:52 PM

I would like to see another reporter from ESPN Deportes (somebody who does not have English as his/her first language) to try and outperform Claudia with ease, if possible.

No it was pretty freaking fair.

Buddy Holly
03-04-2009, 11:53 PM
She was the token latino ESPN needed for tonights game.

Kori Ellis
03-04-2009, 11:53 PM

It wasn't an issue of her English. It was an issue that she should know that she's talking to Roger Mason and not refer to the Mavs player as "Terry Mason."

200 miles
03-04-2009, 11:54 PM
No it was pretty freaking fair.

It could have been worse, you know.

EricB
03-04-2009, 11:54 PM
It could have been worse, you know.

Hmmm yeah, if she had yacked on his shoes and then called him a bitch.

Other than that, it was easily the worst interview I've ever witnessed.

bigdog
03-04-2009, 11:55 PM
I'm hispanic, and I have no problem with ESPN using the ESPN Deportes people, but she was horrible. She asked dumb questions, mixed Mason and Terry's names, and was just overall not very good.

200 miles
03-04-2009, 11:58 PM
All I am saying is that it is uncalled for other people to say that anybody would do better than her when they have no reporting experience at all.

ILoveOranges
03-04-2009, 11:58 PM

I'm all for equal opportunity, but why would you put in a reporter with English as a second language in charge of interviewing players for a channel that 99% of the time, speaks English? Could it be...

She was the token latino ESPN needed for tonights game.

Yep, that about sums it up. ESPN loves ratings, and what better way to do that then have a random Latino reporter on a Latino-honoring day, what with the uniforms and such? Awwwwwwwwww that's cool... right? And even then, people are mostly talking about how she said 'Terry Mason'. Talk about brain freeze.

200 miles
03-05-2009, 12:00 AM
everybody makes mistakes at some point

it happens to even the best sometimes

scanry
03-05-2009, 12:10 AM
everybody makes mistakes at some point

it happens to even the best sometimes

Did you even watch the interview???

The sideline reporting thing is a serious & a cut throat business. The likes of James Brown, Ahmad Rashad, Cheryl Miller & to an extent Craig Sager are rolling over their graves as we speak.

200 miles
03-05-2009, 12:13 AM
Did you even watch the interview???

The sideline reporting thing is a serious & a cut throat business. The likes of James Brown, Ahmad Rashad, Cheryl Miller & to an extent Craig Sager are rolling over their graves as we speak.

As I said before, it happens to the best of us, including the likes of James Brown, Ahmad Rashad, Cheryl Miller and of course Craig Sager.

Buddy Holly
03-05-2009, 12:14 AM
Do people not understand she was there for one night only to fill the spot of "Hispanic" reporter for the Los Spurs and Los Mavs game.

200 miles
03-05-2009, 12:15 AM
Do people not understand she was there for one night only to fill the spot of "Hispanic" reporter for the Los Spurs and Los Mavs game.

i guess not

lefty
03-05-2009, 12:16 AM
Los Spurs leftado Jasonkiddo muy openo for tres.

Estan really dumbos

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
03-05-2009, 12:16 AM
All I am saying is that it is uncalled for other people to say that anybody would do better than her when they have no reporting experience at all.

It's not uncalled for, it's apt criticism. We should have standards and obviously she didn't meet it in that interview regardless of her experience.

Then again maybe she was nervous, got tongue tied screwing up names etc, but i didn't see the interview.

Props to Roger for interpreting her questions. :lol

Kori Ellis
03-05-2009, 12:17 AM

Yeah everyone knows that. :lol But they also know that she was atrocious.

tp2021
03-05-2009, 12:18 AM
It wasn't an issue of her English. It was an issue that she should know that she's talking to Roger Mason and not refer to the Mavs player as "Terry Mason."

http://img124.imageshack.us/img124/6145/terry6kx.jpg

+

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/09GacmVb8w3K1/340x.jpg

=

http://www.kdoctv.net/images/PerryMason.jpg

Kori Ellis
03-05-2009, 12:18 AM
It's not uncalled for, it's apt criticism. We should have standards and obviously she didn't meet it in that interview regardless of her experience.

Then again maybe she was nervous, got tongue tied screwing up names etc, but i didn't see the interview.

She wasn't tongue tied - she just didn't have a clue. She said something like, "It's amazing, what you got? Like 15 points?" In any language, that's not an interview question :lol

200 miles
03-05-2009, 12:21 AM

My money would be her nerves being like noodles, which happens to everybody.

EricB
03-05-2009, 12:22 AM
My money would be her nerves being like noodles, which happens to everybody.

SHE FUCKING SUCKS

GET WITH THE GODDAMN PROGRAM.

Shit man....

200 miles
03-05-2009, 12:23 AM
She wasn't tongue tied - she just didn't have a clue.

And you would know how?

Buddy Holly
03-05-2009, 12:23 AM

Oh I agree, she sucked a big one. Her "uhhh" and "uhhh" moments were enough to make me kick my tv in. It's like ESPN didn't care that they got someone who's probably never watched a basketball game before and threw them into the fire.

My point with that post was in response to people who seemed to imply that she'd get better with experience.

Juanobili
03-05-2009, 12:24 AM
lol I said "Man, I feel bad for her" as I saw that interview

Mugen
didn't we also lose last year when we wore our los spurs jerseys?

id still hit it.

Mugen
And you would know how?

because she has ears.

Kori Ellis
And you would know how?

Because I watched her not know how to ask a question, or have a clue what to ask.

Buddy Holly
03-05-2009, 12:27 AM
And you would know how?

WHAT?!?!

Ray Charles dead blind corpse could see she had no idea what she was doing.

NRHector
03-05-2009, 12:29 AM
what about the woman behind the spurs bench wearing some orange pants and I believed a black blouse, not sure about the color of the blouse, but she was hot:downspin:

Obstructed_View
03-05-2009, 01:06 AM
Somewhere, Reggie Theus is living down the sideline interview where he tried to do an impression of Avery Johnson and got his name wrong.

Obstructed_View
03-05-2009, 01:07 AM
As I said before, it happens to the best of us, including the likes of James Brown, Ahmad Rashad, Cheryl Miller and of course Craig Sager.

It also happens to the worst of us, as represented by this idiot broad. Here's her big shot, and not only does she not have any coherent questions ready, she doesn't even bother to learn the names. It's amazing how many people that wouldn't make it past the first week of ESPN's reality show manage to get prime airtime with the network.

Jayem3
03-05-2009, 02:31 AM
missed the mason interview but caught her talking in the beginning and she was stuttering bad. she might be used to teleprompters feeding her lines, not sideline reporting. it was just a 1 time gig so she probably thought she didn't have to prepare and could just wing it. anyway the interview sounds very funny.. i don't know why some of you seem so upset. taking your anger over the loss out on the reporter??:lol

and why are you spurs fans watching espn's coverage over the SA broadcast?? ahh thats right because you don't want to see the local idiots, mr. oh mama and sean the homer. but no, lets not dare make fun of them :flag::lol

Kori Ellis
03-05-2009, 02:35 AM
and why are you spurs fans watching espn's coverage over the SA broadcast?? ahh thats right because you don't want to see the local idiots, mr. oh mama and sean the homer. but no, lets not dare make fun of them :flag::lol

There wasn't a local broadcast.

Jayem3
03-05-2009, 02:36 AM
There wasn't a local broadcast.yes there was.

Kori Ellis
03-05-2009, 02:39 AM
yes there was.

:lol Weird. We didn't have it on our TV schedule. Don't tell timvp -- he's going to hate that he watched the national broadcast and didn't have to.

Personally, I don't care at all who the announcers are. I tune them out, but this woman tonight was impossible to ignore. ;)

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
03-05-2009, 03:02 AM
She wasn't tongue tied - she just didn't have a clue. She said something like, "It's amazing, what you got? Like 15 points?" In any language, that's not an interview question :lol

that's hilarious :lol
I wonder if someone put it up on youtube. For her sake I hope she's saved the embarrassment of unprofessionalism. "wha' you Got? " :rollin

I wish she talked to Pop.

Behrooz24
03-05-2009, 03:12 AM
lol, i need to check this out tomorrow. I must have missed it.

crc21209
03-05-2009, 03:50 AM
didn't we also lose last year when we wore our los spurs jerseys?

id still hit it.

Yeah, its a damn curse. I hate when they were their Home jerseys on the road, I don't think they've won a game with them yet have they? And if they have, I know it has to have been only one game or something.

stéphane
03-05-2009, 04:04 AM
Los Spurs leftado Jasonkiddo muy openo for tres.

Estan really dumbos

:lmao

WalterBenitez
03-05-2009, 07:17 AM
that was a colombian secretary of the cartel

So, she's well conected :eyebrows

WalterBenitez
03-05-2009, 07:20 AM

I was expecting for Shakira, but she wasn't there :p:

robino2001
03-05-2009, 09:09 AM
There wasn't a local broadcast.

We didn't get the local broadcast in Austin (I don't think)... but I did see Sean and Bill at the table in the background of a couple of shots. I always prefer listening to our homers over the national guys.

Spursmania
03-05-2009, 09:16 AM
Bottomline she sucked. Get someone who knows the game. There are a gazillion other latin reporters espn could have gotten. She just sucked period.

rascal
03-05-2009, 09:37 AM
Shouldn't this be the Latina is pretty bad.

Solid D
03-05-2009, 12:32 PM
It's Latina.

They should have shut her down after the 1st half. I LoL'd.

I also LoL'd at this. Many thanks, Behrooz24. :lmao
http://i41.tinypic.com/16lbfuv.jpg

Behrooz24
03-08-2009, 06:04 PM
Finally got a chance to watch and post it:

(volume is really loud, you might want to turn it down)

yl7jWC15i8U&ap=%2526fmt%3D18
http://smiliesftw.com/x/haha_1.gif (http://smiliesftw.com)