PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on our boys in blue tonight.

Ghazi
03-04-2009, 11:40 PM
We Mavs fans shouldn't be too excited about this win, we just beat a team we're supposed to beat. We should reserve excitement if ever we're to beat the Cavs, Celtics, or Lakers, but not the Spurs.

But I'll credit our boys in blue for positive energy and better ball and body movement. It's weird, and I wonder if it's just a matter of making shots, but we simply looked more energetic out there.

A good game by our beloved J-Ho, Terry, Dirk, and Kidd. When the 4 horsemen of any team play well, they will be tough to beat. And such held true tonight.

I wish we could replicate such shooting and energy on the road, but it just hasn't been there this year. Many teams experience this problem such as the Rockets, Jazz, Blazers, Nuggets, and I'm vexed we're one of them.

Let us enjoy this win, but not be too excited because again, it was just an expected win. NOLA tomorrow will be tough. Back to back, road game, and matchup nightmare with CP3. I'm just hoping for a good effort, we need to eliminate the culture of getting blown out from our system, although unexpected as what you see in the first 60 games from your team is simply what you are.

Ditty
03-04-2009, 11:42 PM
fuck ghazi you piece of shit yall aint doing shit in the playoffs please give us the mavs

monosylab1k
03-04-2009, 11:43 PM
All that passion and energy we saw tonight against the Spurs and their 4 rings, it will be completely gone by tomorrow night, and we'll be right back where we started when Golden State beats us by 25.

GuerillaBlack
03-04-2009, 11:43 PM
Spurs > Mavs

Don't get me wrong, it's a good win by the Mavs, but the Spurs are better. I'll take them in a playoff series (which might happen).

MarHill
03-04-2009, 11:44 PM
We Mavs fans shouldn't be too excited about this win, we just beat a team we're supposed to beat. We should reserve excitement if ever we're to beat the Cavs, Celtics, or Lakers, but not the Spurs.

But I'll credit our boys in blue for positive energy and better ball and body movement. It's weird, and I wonder if it's just a matter of making shots, but we simply looked more energetic out there.

A good game by our beloved J-Ho, Terry, Dirk, and Kidd. When the 4 horsemen of any team play well, they will be tough to beat. And such held true tonight.

I wish we could replicate such shooting and energy on the road, but it just hasn't been there this year. Many teams experience this problem such as the Rockets, Jazz, Blazers, Nuggets, and I'm vexed we're one of them.

Let us enjoy this win, but not be too excited because again, it was just an expected win. NOLA tomorrow will be tough. Back to back, road game, and matchup nightmare with CP3. I'm just hoping for a good effort, we need to eliminate the culture of getting blown out from our system, although unexpected as what you see in the first 60 games from your team is simply what you are.

Ghazi,

A good win by the Mavs tonight. They finally played with some effort after the owner had to call them out.

But, you barely won the game and Spurs were without Manu. And this game was in Dallas.

Congratulations!!!

:lmao

monosylab1k
03-04-2009, 11:44 PM
I'll take them in a playoff series (which might happen).

That's also a good quote to keep in handy for whatever team plays the Rockets in the 1st round.

-SpursHaveFourRings

Pelicans78
03-04-2009, 11:46 PM
Kidd hit some big shots. But I agree, this was a game you guys were supposed to win. I marked this game as a win in my predictions thread for the rest of the season.

Ghazi
All that passion and energy we saw tonight against the Spurs and their 4 rings, it will be completely gone by tomorrow night, and we'll be right back where we started when Golden State beats us by 25.

Quit killing my high dammit. :)

But yes, we likely will lose tommorow, it's a scheduled loss almost, but we're not a great road team to begin with. If we show some energy and lose a close game I'll live with it. If we look like corpses and shoot 39% from the field (as we have the last 3 games), I'll be upset.

It's just a hard match up for our boys, who can't defend PG's well and are up against the best PG in the game, although one who flops, whines, and defers to Jannero Pargo, his foot speed vexes us indeed.

Not that all of this matters as our beloved Mavs are probably 1st round fodder, but it's more fun to watch a team making shots and playing with energy than a team clanking shots and looking stale on both ends of the floor.

Anywho, :toast to George DNP'ing tonight.

jack sommerset
Spew fans better hope they don't face the Mavs in playoffs. Just saying.

Amarelooms
03-04-2009, 11:47 PM
Spurs are the best matchup for the Mavs...Parker is the only one we can't contain. Please let us play the Spurs :elephant

GuerillaBlack
That's also a good quote to keep in handy for whatever team plays the Rockets in the 1st round.

-SpursHaveFourRings

True, true.

Warlord23
Four ...

Rings ....

Faggot

Ditty
03-04-2009, 11:48 PM

well kick there ass with ginobili and gooden pretty sad the mavs hit some pretty lucky shots

Pelicans78
I'm nervous about tomorrow night's game. It's gonna be close. Key matchups will be Dirk and West, CP3 and Kidd, Butler/Posey vs Howard, and our bench against Terry. Peja's 50/50 for tomorrow night so Julian Wright would get the start against Howard.

monosylab1k

It'll be five games of pre-playoff hell. Then the 4 ring Spurs can face a real playoff opponent.

ManuTP9
03-04-2009, 11:49 PM
Four ...

Rings ....

Faggot

:toast

jack sommerset
03-04-2009, 11:50 PM
It'll be five games of pre-playoff hell. Then the 4 ring Spurs can face a real playoff opponent.

Its 3 rings

Ghazi
It would be typical of the Mavericks to get blown out tomorrow, really typical. It wouldn't surprise me at all really, so I won't complain too much if it happens even though it'll cause my heart to sink.

I just hope we break that trend, especially since it's against a garbage Hornets team.

ElNono
Kudos to Los Mavs, they played heart out today. I actually witnessed JHo showing up in the 4th quarter. This win might actually be positive for us in the long run. Did you see Cubes all happy jumping into the court to do his buddy-buddy thing when the game was over?
I'm hoping this win prevents the long overdue implosion and blowup of the team. Now Donnie can come out and say 'we love our boys in blue' one more time. :toast

monosylab1k
I'm nervous about tomorrow night's game. It's gonna be close. Key matchups will be Dirk and West, CP3 and Kidd, Butler/Posey vs Howard, and our bench against Terry. Peja's 50/50 for tomorrow night so Julian Wright would get the start against Howard.

You have nothing to be nervous about. There is quite literally a zero percent chance of the Mavs beating a WC playoff-bound team on the road on the 2nd game of a B2B. There's a better chance that Tim Duncan will pawn all of his 4 rings tomorrow in exchange for a hobo's dick cheese.

MarHill
03-04-2009, 11:52 PM
Spurs are the best matchup for the Mavs...Parker is the only one we can't contain. Please let us play the Spurs :elephant

You forgot about Manu!!!

And you barely won this game!!!

Also, the Spurs have already beaten the Mavs in Dallas this season. And winning a playoff game will be fine!!

A good win by the Mavs tonight. They finally brought some effort after Cuban calls out the team!

:flag:

Jacob1983
A win is a win.

Allanon
Mavs obviously have the talent, they've lacked heart.

Great game by the Mavs tonight. Didn't piss away the game as usual.

Pelicans78
It would be typical of the Mavericks to get blown out tomorrow, really typical. It wouldn't surprise me at all really, so I won't complain too much if it happens even though it'll cause my heart to sink.

I just hope we break that trend, especially since it's against a tough Hornets team.

Fixed.

Donnie Nelson
03-04-2009, 11:53 PM
Our Boys In Blue played great tonight! Oh man I was pumping my fist like a madman all game long! Hell yeah!

This game was so great I printed off a bunch of "Free Pass For A Month" certificates and handed them out in the locker room! Let's see Cuban try to talk smack about my Boys In Blue now!

Banzai
03-04-2009, 11:54 PM
nuff said...http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/crock_ride.gif (http://www.threadbombing.com/details.php?image_id=3224)

leemajors
mavs played well. i was shocked parker got it as close as he did.

Brickhouse
JHo hit some fluke 3s.
Kidd hit some really fluke 3s.
Even Damp had a fluke shot late in the game.

That shit ain't happening often.

Just saying.

That said, good game.

Ghazi
The Mavs don't really have the talent, they're just good when they're hitting their jump shots.

Warlord23
03-04-2009, 11:55 PM
Our Boys In Blue played great tonight! Oh man I was pumping my fist like a madman all game long! Hell yeah!

This game was so great I printed off a bunch of "Free Pass For A Month" certificates and handed them out in the locker room! Let's see Cuban try to talk smack about my Boys In Blue now!

Shouldn't you and Cuban be taking your customary post-win group shower with the rest of the ponies?

Donnie Nelson
03-04-2009, 11:56 PM
Shouldn't you and Cuban be taking your customary post-win group shower with the rest of the ponies?
Not tonight. Cuban came into the locker room and apologized for being so mean to them, then offered to take them out for ice cream! Then we all go over to his place for a slumber party, and since the Boys In Blue won, they get to stay up till 2AM and watch Noggin with Mark!

BeeGee
03-04-2009, 11:57 PM
:toast
Dawg, you got Kobe in your avatar and ya sig? The only thing missin' is Kobe in your screenname. Don't be such a tool.

ElNono
03-04-2009, 11:58 PM
Not tonight. Cuban came into the locker room and apologized for being so mean to them, then offered to take them out for ice cream! Then we all go over to his place for a slumber party, and since the Boys In Blue won, they get to stay up till 2AM and watch Noggin with Mark!

Now, that's an owner... :lol

bdictjames
03-04-2009, 11:59 PM
Congratulations, well-deserved win.

Funny how the Spurs bring the best out of the Mavs.

bigdog
03-04-2009, 11:59 PM
The Mavs deserved to win tonight with the way the Spurs defense played.

Brickhouse
03-05-2009, 12:01 AM

Donnie you're the bestest.

Mugen
03-05-2009, 12:02 AM
im glad both mavs and spurs fan can agree that we want each other in the playoffs :toast

for once those beloved mavs didnt suck on beloved cock 2nite.

Mugen
03-05-2009, 12:03 AM
props to j-how!

Ghazi
03-05-2009, 12:03 AM
Ay yo WHERE'S MY PROPS YOU DUMB ASS HONKEYS?????

I was ballin like a mothafucka out there, GIVE ME MY FUCKIN PROPS!

I'm bout to go hit up Billy Bong Thornton and Wesley Pipes in a second! Nigga I'm rich! Crazy man!

:lol

ElNono
03-05-2009, 12:07 AM

I'm bout to go hit up Billy Bong Thornton and Wesley Pipes in a second! Nigga I'm rich! Crazy man!

You actually showed up in the 4th. What happened? Did Marky Mark took away your weed tonight?

Mugen
03-05-2009, 12:12 AM
also props to Jason Terry and Mark Cuban for winning the mvp, 2009 NBA championship, super bowl, and dancing with the stars 2nite!

you did it!

Ghazi
03-05-2009, 12:15 AM
I wonder if energy and passion are just mirages created by hitting jump shots. And when a team isn't hitting jump shots, it looks stale and lifeless.

J-Ho, we can say he had an inspired effort tonight, but 12 of his 27 points came from behind the arc. What if he makes 3's at a clip he's expected to (1-5, 2-5), then is it a gutless performance? But surely the simple act of making, or not making, a jump shot doesn't have to do with one's energy and passion, does it?

That being said, at least our boys had 27 FTA to 19 3PA, which is a good stat. But 9-19 from behind the arc is generally not to be expected.

IronMexican
03-05-2009, 12:17 AM
Lol, Spurs.

Brickhouse
03-05-2009, 12:18 AM

mavs>spurs2
03-05-2009, 12:21 AM
:lol I like how J-Ho is somehow intelligent enough to use proper punctuation

IronMexican
03-05-2009, 12:22 AM
nuff said...http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/crock_ride.gif (http://www.threadbombing.com/details.php?image_id=3224)

IronMexican
03-05-2009, 12:23 AM
:lol I like how J-Ho is somehow intelligent enough to use proper punctuation

You can't control what da spell check do. Ya'll crazy man.

mavsluva
03-05-2009, 12:28 AM
Don't start tooting your horns just yet Mavs fans. Fact is, this is the 2ND good team that the Mavs have beaten in 61 games this season. So celebrate the team's accomplishment when beating the good teams becomes a rule. Not an exception.

Ghazi
03-05-2009, 12:29 AM
Don't start tooting your horns just yet Mavs fans. Fact is, this is the 2ND good team that the Mavs have beaten in 61 games this season. So celebrate the team's accomplishment when beating the good teams becomes a rule. Not an exception.

Whoa whoa whoa, the Mavs are bad against good teams this year but let's not just make shit up ;)

Nobody's tooting anybody's horn, just beat a team we're supposed to beat tonight. Our boys are probably 1st round fodder regardless, but if we're not allowed to enjoy a win over a divisional rival when the boys were hitting shots and showing some "energy", than what's da point of bein a fan.

sribb43
03-05-2009, 12:31 AM

Mavs will lay down tomorrow night plus J-ho was already gimpy on his ankle and it will only be worse tomorrow. Im predicting a quadruple double for CP3.

mavsluva
03-05-2009, 12:42 AM
Whoa whoa whoa, the Mavs are bad against good teams this year but let's not just make shit up ;)

Nobody's tooting anybody's horn, just beat a team we're supposed to beat tonight. Our boys are probably 1st round fodder regardless, but if we're not allowed to enjoy a win over a divisional rival when the boys were hitting shots and showing some "energy", than what's da point of bein a fan.

Not making anything up as the data doesn't lie.

Ghazi
03-05-2009, 12:48 AM
What two good teams have the Mavs beaten this year.

Spurs twice, Blazers twice, Magic, Jazz, Rockets, Suns.

That's 8 wins against what I'd consider "good" teams...should be more if not for flukes.

Compared to 17 losses which is bad indeed, but yeah.... 8 > 2

j-money24
03-05-2009, 12:53 AM
good job mavs.
il put my money on the mavs if they were to play the spurs in the first round.

Spursmania
03-05-2009, 12:53 AM
You have nothing to be nervous about. There is quite literally a zero percent chance of the Mavs beating a WC playoff-bound team on the road on the 2nd game of a B2B. There's a better chance that Tim Duncan will pawn all of his 4 rings tomorrow in exchange for a hobo's dick cheese.

Well said.:toast
Sorry Ghazi, you're team will not beat the Hornets tomorrow.
Kidd's worn out...
:hat

Spursmania
03-05-2009, 12:54 AM
good job mavs.
il put my money on the mavs if they were to play the spurs in the first round.

You mean you'd love to play them first round. Don't we all want to play them first!:toast:flag:

ehz33satx
03-05-2009, 01:08 AM

That is the only intelligent thought given by a Mavs fan that I have ever read in my several years hanging around in this forum.

mffl89
03-05-2009, 01:55 AM
A lot of Spurs fans can't seem to ever give the Mavs credit.

If we lose: "HAHA YOU ALL SUCK! YOU WILL NEVER MAKE THE PLAYOFFS! WE BEAT YOU WITHOUT GINOBILI!"

Since we won it's like this: "YOU STILL WON'T MAKE IT OUT OF THE FIRST ROUND! YOU GUYS BEAT US WITHOUT A HEALTHY TEAM! (it's not like we had a healthy team either...2 key players were playing injured). oh and how can I forget...4 RINGS FAGGOT!"

mavs>spurs2
03-05-2009, 01:58 AM
A lot of Spurs fans can't seem to ever give the Mavs credit.

If we lose: "HAHA YOU ALL SUCK! YOU WILL NEVER MAKE THE PLAYOFFS! WE BEAT YOU WITHOUT GINOBILI!"

Since we won it's like this: "YOU STILL WON'T MAKE IT OUT OF THE FIRST ROUND! YOU GUYS BEAT US WITHOUT A HEALTHY TEAM! (it's not like we had a healthy team either...2 key players were playing injured). oh and how can I forget...4 RINGS FAGGOT!"

:tu That's a pretty accurate assessment.

Shank
03-05-2009, 02:19 AM
How the fuck is Matt Bonner even in the NBA?

rayray2k8
03-05-2009, 02:21 AM
Mavs wanted it more..
Period..
Guess the spurs were waiting for Gooden?

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a221/TomFornelli/goodensbeard.jpg

Savior.

Agloco
03-05-2009, 04:29 PM

I wonder if Cubans motivational speech had anything to do with it.....:lol

timaios
03-05-2009, 04:43 PM
How the fuck is Matt Bonner even in the NBA?

You're right, the best 3-points shooter has no reason to be in the NBA.
He was +13 when he was on the floor yesterday, but he only played 21min because of fouls troubles.
Without Bonner, the Mavs bigs were all over Tim Duncan.

dirk4mvp
03-05-2009, 04:53 PM
You're right, the best 3-points shooter has no reason to be in the NBA.

Over half of the players in the league could shoot his % if all of their shots were wide open spot ups off of double teams on Duncan.

monosylab1k
03-05-2009, 05:28 PM
At least Bonner is good enough to knock down all those 3's. Teams give Devean George a 15 foot cushion and he still bricks them all. and the spurs have 4 rings.

lurker
03-05-2009, 05:31 PM
I wonder if Cubans motivational speech had anything to do with it.....:lol
Dirk said most of the team wasn't aware Cuban made any comments. :lol