PDA

View Full Version : It's Official, Joey Crawford ==> A Spurs loss

scanry
03-04-2009, 11:54 PM
Duncan got abused all fucking night... :bang

I cringed when i saw Joey Crawford at the beginning of the game.

However we did suck tonight.

Ditty
03-04-2009, 11:56 PM
we sucked in the third quarter when hill came in thats when the momentum changed

bigdog
03-04-2009, 11:56 PM
Doesn't it just seem like the NBA hates the Spurs? I mean, come on, Spurs against Mavs IN DALLAS, with Joey Crawford as the lead official?

Sounds familiar, huh?

David Stern, I hate you.

Spork KIller
03-04-2009, 11:57 PM
Pathetic fans blaming the officials Just die already !

rayray2k8
03-04-2009, 11:58 PM
This is one of the main reasons why we lost..
Not because of the lack of calls, but because the spurs were
bitching about getting calls and at the same time, the mavs
were sinking their shots.

The shots weren't falling tonight for "los spurs" and missed free throws contributed
to the loss.

scanry
03-05-2009, 12:01 AM
Doesn't it just seem like the NBA hates the Spurs? I mean, come on, Spurs against Mavs IN DALLAS, with Joey Crawford as the lead official?

Sounds familiar, huh?

David Stern, I hate you.

I don't give a shit about that little pimple head bastard. Mofo only cares about the Lakers, Celtics & the Cavs. The rest are irrelevant to him. :bang

We definitely need a new commissioner, and i just hope the new guy rewards smaller markets.

BTW Joey Crawford needs to be kicked out of the league or he atleast needs to stay far away from a Spurs game. Can't stand that bald bastard.

Creation88
03-05-2009, 12:02 AM
bad defense and dampier actually shut down Tim

scanry
03-05-2009, 12:04 AM
Pathetic fans blaming the officials Just die already !

Enjoy the 1993 Championship (sorry 2nd place) parade.

Phoenix Suns Parade

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vGzth8cCag

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vGzth8cCag

TampaDude
03-05-2009, 12:05 AM
We need to call up that Jeff Gillooly guy and give him Joey C's address right before the playoffs. :lol

lefty
03-05-2009, 12:05 AM
Actually, Crawford is an excellent official, but he hates the Spurs

Ghazi
03-05-2009, 12:07 AM
Joey Crawford owes the Mavs calls for life, considering he was a part of the triumvirate that robbed us of our well deserved 2006 NBA Championship in game 5 against the Cheat.

But no, the Mavs simply beat a team they're supposed to beat.

lefty
03-05-2009, 12:08 AM
Joey Crawford owes the Mavs calls for life, considering he was a part of the triumvirate that robbed us of our well deserved 2006 NBA Championship in game 5 against the Cheat.

Sure :rolleyes

NRHector
03-05-2009, 12:25 AM
And what is worst, we might see him in the playoffs

lefty
03-05-2009, 12:26 AM

:depressed

Can't Pop call his buddies from the CIA to send Crawford in a prison in Alaska during the playoffs ?

bigdog
03-05-2009, 12:27 AM

I can pretty much guarantee we'll see him in the playoffs.

Crookshanks
03-05-2009, 12:31 AM
Joey Crawford should NEVER be allowed to officiate a Spurs game - unless it's against a team like the Clippers! It's obvious there's bad blood between him and Duncan and tonight it affected not just Tim, but the rest of our bigs also.

I mean come on - you really think Dampier is sooo good he got our bigs in foul trouble AND shut them down?

Ghazi
03-05-2009, 12:31 AM
Dirk got Bonner in foul trouble primarily, not Dampier.

NRHector
03-05-2009, 12:34 AM
:depressed

Can't Pop call his buddies from the CIA to send Crawford in a prison in Alaska during the playoffs ?shit how about Guantanamo?

Spursmania
03-05-2009, 12:36 AM

Don't delude yourself Gazi. Your team will never get past 1st round, but good job winning a regular season game! Kudos to your team-enjoy it while you can because once Playoffs get here, we all know what happens...:lol

BradLohaus
03-05-2009, 12:41 AM
I couldn't remember who the refs were for game 3 vs Dallas in '06, but I was thinking during this game that I wouldn't be surprised if Crawford was one of them.

I just looked it up... he was. I didn't think that I could be more angry about the travesty that was the 4th quarter of that game.

mouse
03-05-2009, 12:42 AM
Typical ST poster always needs to blame someone or something for a loss. You guys got yours ass waxed so STFU and move on.

Ghazi
03-05-2009, 12:42 AM
Don't delude yourself Gazi. Your team will never get past 1st round, but good job winning a regular season game! Kudos to your team-enjoy it while you can because once Playoffs get here, we all know what happens...:lol

Thank you, I will enjoy it.

NRHector
03-05-2009, 12:44 AM
Actually, Crawford is an excellent official, but he hates the SpursJoey Crawford=David Stern:ihit

BlackSwordsMan
03-05-2009, 12:50 AM
bonner did shit

Jmoney
03-05-2009, 12:54 AM
Look we played bad tonight and deserved to lose. Give kudo's to the Mavs for the victory. With that sad I'm in no way blaming the refs in any shape or form however Joey C should not be allowed to ref a Spurs game. I don't care what you say we are all human you can forgive and forget and say it doesn't happen but the fact remains Joey was fired because of the Spurs. You can't tell me if somebody gets you fired even if your REHIRED that doesn't stick with you. Every time I watch this guy ref a game against the Spurs I know we are going to lose a close game unless some sort of miracle happens. Time and time again his no calls have effected outcomes of Spurs games in a NEGATIVE manner. I always ask myself if you run a buisness and you have bad blood between people why would you put them back together in a situation where one can effect another on a big level. It's BAD BUISNESS. If you have a manager who gets fired because of a bad situation with an employee and you just have to get that manager another chance. Do you put that manager with that employee again? No way in hell.

Mavs08
03-05-2009, 12:56 AM
Look we played bad tonight and deserved to lose. Give kudo's to the Mavs for the victory. With that sad I'm in no way blaming the refs in any shape or form however Joey C should not be allowed to ref a Spurs game. I don't care what you say we are all human you can forgive and forget and say it doesn't happen but the fact remains Joey was fired because of the Spurs. You can't tell me if somebody gets you fired even if your REHIRED that doesn't stick with you. Every time I watch this guy ref a game against the Spurs I know we are going to lose a close game unless some sort of miracle happens. Time and time again his no calls have effected outcomes of Spurs games in a NEGATIVE manner. I always ask myself if you run a buisness and you have bad blood between people why would you put them back together in a situation where one can effect another on a big level. It's BAD BUISNESS. If you have a manager who gets fired because of a bad situation with an employee and you just have to get that manager another chance. Do you put that manager with that employee again? No way in hell.

Your my favorite closet Maverick fan! :tu

Obstructed_View
03-05-2009, 12:59 AM
Crawford had nothing to do with the loss.

Jmoney
03-05-2009, 01:35 AM
Your my favorite closet Maverick fan! :tu

I admit to liking Dirk as a Larry Bird wannabe offensive player.

I admit to thinking D. Harris could be a great player *thank you Mark Cuban for trading him to the nets*

I admit to thinking Avery Johnson was the PERFECT coach you could hire to beat the Spurs in the playoffs or at least have a good shot.

So yeah your owner just like his counterpart in football is a complete and utter IDIOT when it comes to making player decisions. This is the entire reason you HIRE GM's and Coaches. At least Jerry Jones did one thing right as owner and hired Jimmy to be his coach. Had he listened to Parcels and gotten rid of that idiot T.O much earlier he might of even won another SB.

Last Comic Standing
03-05-2009, 01:42 AM
Welcome to the dark side, I will save you a seat on the wagon! :tu

kobyz
03-05-2009, 03:59 AM
Spurs need to demenf from the NBA that Joey Crawford will be disqualified from their games, when Crawford is official in Spurs games the Spurs automatically play with bad feelin about the game and the refereeing even if the Spurs try to not thinking about the officials it's right up in their minds it's ruin thier atmosphere and decrease theirs level of play.
after all the past incidents i don't know why the spurs allowed Joey Crawford to be official in theirs games. the Spurs have all the rights to disqualified this ref from their games.
it's absurd!

crc21209
03-05-2009, 04:04 AM
I can pretty much guarantee we'll see him in the playoffs.

If we get his ass in the Playoffs, it better be in SA at least. Because if its on the road, we might as well chalk up the damn L already because that bastard hates us. I mean come on, the Spurs tonight, on the road, against a reeling Dallas team that was just called out by their owner, desperate for a Win, what better way to get it than to send Joey Crawford to ref the game. I'm not one to blame the refs but damn its hard to get shit going when Timmy is driving to the whole getting his wrists/arms/body slapped and banged around and not getting any calls...and on the other side no namers like Singleton are getting touch foul calls for and-1's.

Cry Havoc
03-05-2009, 04:06 AM
Crawford had nothing to do with the loss.

No, not at all. He just happened to officiate on a night when Matt Bonner fouled out.

Matt freaking Bonner, who's chief defensive tactic appears to be using his bright red hair to distract the player with the ball enough that he'll miss the shot, fouled out.

I'm not making excuses for the way we played on D. That was atrocious. But Duncan was maimed repeatedly -- by 3 players at one point -- with no call. Any other ref and I'll just chalk that up to a token home-court advantage.

With Crawford, it's painstakingly obvious that he will do nothing but give whoever plays the Spurs the benefit of the doubt when it comes to foul calls. It's sad how apparent his bias is.

urunobili
03-05-2009, 07:03 AM
The Spurs should send an official petition to the NBA not to get any more games officiated by this fucktard

temujin
03-05-2009, 07:26 AM
The absence of Crawford from NBA arenas for the 2007 playoffs was one of the reasons the Spurs won.
He was back officiating the Spurs in the 2008 playoffs.

Draw your conclusions.

One thing has to be clear. There are strong ties between Popovich and Stern.
Or else, simply put, Spurs would have been just another loosing effort a la Jazz 90s or Suns and Mavs 00s.

The NBA is a billions dollars business.

Little place for innocence.

So if you see Crawford officiating the Spurs in the playoffs, you know what it means.

DBMethos
03-05-2009, 07:46 AM
Eh, that loss was mostly just Jason Kidd hitting some bullshit shots. Nothing to see here.

HORNSWOGGLE
03-05-2009, 07:49 AM
Eh, that loss was mostly just Jason Kidd hitting some bullshit shots. Nothing to see here.
Yup, Mavs just doin what they always do in the regular season, till its time for them to choke again in playoffs

kobyz
03-05-2009, 08:03 AM
the Spurs need to send a letter to the a NBA and to say that if Joey Crawford is a ref in their games they will not play!!! this man was threaten Spurs player and he continue to official spurs games! how the hell the spurs allowed somthing like this to happened??!?!?!?
are the Spurs morons? they have legitimate right to demend Joey Crawford out of their games and they don't do that!
Joey Crawford keep official Spurs games and the Spurs allowed it to happened, i can't believe it!!!!

Gutter92
03-05-2009, 08:14 AM

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

Wait, I think he's not kidding

:lol:lol:lol

exstatic
03-05-2009, 08:43 AM
we sucked in the third quarter when hill came in thats when the momentum changed

We sucked when JKidd started shooting like Ray Allen.

Phenomanul
03-05-2009, 09:16 AM
We sucked when JKidd started shooting like Ray Allen.

I believe a change in the scouting report is on order....

Spursmania
03-05-2009, 09:19 AM
Typical ST poster always needs to blame someone or something for a loss. You guys got yours ass waxed so STFU and move on.

Typical mouse always being a dumbass:blah:blah

smackdaddy11
03-05-2009, 01:38 PM
Dampier=Russell :downspin:

Duncan74
03-05-2009, 04:04 PM
Sorry but Crawford has it out for the Spurs, especially Duncan

Agloco
03-05-2009, 06:29 PM
Actually, Crawford is an excellent official, but he hates the Spurs

Wouldn't that preclude him from being an excellent official?

LEONARD
03-05-2009, 06:32 PM
Real Spurs fans don't whine about officiating...

:lmao

BUMP
03-05-2009, 06:39 PM
Spurfan = biggest hypocritical fan on the planet.

the reason i find this thread so hilarious is that a lot of Spur fans on this board said that Steve Javie had it out for the Spurs as well, during the 06 series vs Dallas. and im not joking either.

Spur fan never complains about the refs huh?:lol

well the smart ones here dont and just come to accept that Dallas just matches up well

Agloco
03-05-2009, 06:53 PM
Spurfan = biggest hypocritical fan on the planet.

the reason i find this thread so hilarious is that a lot of Spur fans on this board said that Steve Javie had it out for the Spurs as well, during the 06 series vs Dallas. and im not joking either.

Spur fan never complains about the refs huh?:lol

well the smart ones here dont and just come to accept that the Spurs tend to play down to the level of competition.

Fixed

Thompson
03-05-2009, 07:13 PM
Crawford should not officiate Spurs games after ejecting Duncan with two techs for laughing and then challenging him to a fight. Especially since he was subsequently (justly) humiliated by the NBA suspending him for the postseason. He's definately the kind of guy who holds a grudge.

He was the lead official in the 08 Western Conference Finals game that Fischer fell onto Barry while he was shooting without being called for a foul. That play decided the game, and the NBA later said a foul should have been called.

Even if everything Crawford does is on the up-and-up, every call (or non-call) he makes vs the Spurs is under suspicion. He should never ref a Spurs game. If the NBA feels he must be able to ref all games or none, he shouldn't ref any of them.

There was some questionable officiating in last night's game (I'm not saying we should have won), and the fact that Crawford was involved yet again is pathetic.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-05-2009, 07:13 PM
Joey Crawford is a disgrace. I am tired of refs like him taking over games thinking the fans spend money on tickets to hear the whistle blown. NBA officiating really needs to be cleaned up, and this isn't a Suns fan still angry claiming 2007 was rigged, if Stern is going to rig a series he's not going to rig it for a notorious TV rating killer (San Antonio).

Crawford has clearly demonstrated he still holds a grudge from the Duncan incident (poking Pop in the chest, not calling the foul on Fisher when Barry was attempting a game winner, Duncan having a randomly low FG% every time he officiates) that he should be kicked out of the league. Unfortunately, that would require Stern to admit an official is immature and has let personal feelings affect the outcome of games. More importantly, it would require Stern to admit Stern made a mistake by allowing Crawford back into the league, which we all know is never happening.

peskypesky
03-05-2009, 09:34 PM
has anyone crunched the numbers to determine our record when Crawford's officiating, if that's what you call it? especially in the past few years?

lefty
03-05-2009, 10:21 PM
Wouldn't that preclude him from being an excellent official?

Yeah, but there are a lot of non-biased refs who really suck

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-06-2009, 01:20 AM
has anyone crunched the numbers to determine our record when Crawford's officiating, if that's what you call it? especially in the past few years?

I think Duncan's FG% when he officiates would be a more telling stat.

kobyz
03-06-2009, 04:38 AM
Crawford should not officiate Spurs games after ejecting Duncan with two techs for laughing and then challenging him to a fight. Especially since he was subsequently (justly) humiliated by the NBA suspending him for the postseason. He's definately the kind of guy who holds a grudge.

He was the lead official in the 08 Western Conference Finals game that Fischer fell onto Barry while he was shooting without being called for a foul. That play decided the game, and the NBA later said a foul should have been called.

Even if everything Crawford does is on the up-and-up, every call (or non-call) he makes vs the Spurs is under suspicion. He should never ref a Spurs game. If the NBA feels he must be able to ref all games or none, he shouldn't ref any of them.

There was some questionable officiating in last night's game (I'm not saying we should have won), and the fact that Crawford was involved yet again is pathetic.

+1
i think it's obvious that this ref should not officiate Spurs games forever after what he did and the NBA even convict him and suspend him for that.
in every other place in the world if a ref would do what Joey Crawford did he would never officiate that team again(probably even would be suspension for ever from officiate at all).
i have hard time understand why the spurs letting this to happened, they need to demend that this ref will disqualified from all spurs games forever, they have all the rights to do so!

hater
03-06-2009, 09:55 AM

how can you post that and have Marc Cuban on your sig. The biggest crybaby in basketball :pctoss

you have no shame, no shame

superbigtime
03-06-2009, 10:46 AM
So what else is new?? With certain officials, the Spurs have to play extra well to overcome the opponents' parade to the FT stripe and with Joey Crawford, the ticky-tack phantom fouls will get called over and over. Bavetta is similar, but he calls it both ways. Crawfords calls are clearly one-sided and against the Spurs and no one can convince me otherwise. Spurs almost had this game if Bruce would have made corner 3's and if defense could have done a better job on J Howard and Jason friggin Kidd. I hate Joey Crawford, but the blame for losing this game is on our defense. But Matt Bonner fouling out? Come on.

superbigtime
03-06-2009, 10:50 AM
The Spurs should send an official petition to the NBA not to get any more games officiated by this fucktard

Amen. Well stated. :toast

dbestpro
03-06-2009, 10:55 AM
Pop likes to take a game off every now and then. maybe he should just rest his starters when Joey is the ref. Think the NBA would get the message?

peskypesky
03-06-2009, 11:27 AM
I think Duncan's FG% when he officiates would be a more telling stat.

true dat.

maybe i'll do the research this weekend.