PDA

View Full Version : Just announced on SportsCenter, T.O. cut from the Cowboys.

dougp
03-05-2009, 12:01 AM
I'll get a link ASAP.

LakerHater
03-05-2009, 12:02 AM
:lol

bigdog
03-05-2009, 12:02 AM
Breaking news on ESPN. I'm sure there will be a link on the web soon.

I didn't want this to happen. I hate the though of having Dumbshit Crayton as the #2 WR. I hope Miles Austin steps up his game.

jaffies
03-05-2009, 12:03 AM
Good.

dougp
03-05-2009, 12:04 AM
I was first, DAMN YOU! I don't know what to think, maybe they'll get Boldin? Eh ...

bigdog
03-05-2009, 12:05 AM
Good.

This is bullshit. Unless they plan on finding another WR to take Crayton's spot, I think this is a stupid move, no matter how much of a distraction he really is. I think it's a bad football decision. Now, if they had another good WR to be the #2 behind Williams, then I wouldn't mind it.

Spur|n|Austin
03-05-2009, 12:06 AM
wow.. possibly a good move?

jack sommerset
Just pathetic

NewJerSpur
This is all predicated on the team being more "Romo friendly" moving forward. After all, that is your franchise QB.

BeeGee
03-05-2009, 12:07 AM
...wow...

LakerHater
03-05-2009, 12:07 AM
http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2008/1216/nfl_u_towens_576.jpg
GONE!!

LakerHater
03-05-2009, 12:08 AM
http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2008/1216/nfl_u_towens_576.jpg

BREAKING NEWS

Cowboys Cut T.O.

Terrell Owen's stay in Dallas is over. The Cowboys cut the wide receiver Wednesday night, reports ESPN.com's Michael Smith. T.O. spent three seasons in Big D.
Joel Auerbach/US Presswire

bigdog
03-05-2009, 12:11 AM
Here comes Miles Austin's breakout season, hopefully :hat

15 RINGS BITCH
03-05-2009, 12:12 AM
maybe he should get his popcorn ready

Spur|n|Austin
03-05-2009, 12:13 AM
I wonder where TO ends up, Minnesota, Oakland??

mardigan
03-05-2009, 12:15 AM
Fucking stupid Jerry. You have made it very hard to be a Boys fan the last 10 years with the moves you've made. Just fucking stupid.....

StylisticS
03-05-2009, 12:15 AM
YESSSSSSSSSS:downspin:

NewJerSpur
03-05-2009, 12:16 AM
Maybe he'll go to the Ravens and they will slowly transition from a defensive juggernaut (with the pieces they've lost) to a more offensive....uh....ly capable team?

LakerHater
03-05-2009, 12:17 AM
ESPN.com news services

The Dallas Cowboys (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=dal) have released controversial wide receiver Terrell Owens (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=1056), sources told ESPN's Michael Smith late Wednesday.
Cowboys owner Jerry Jones did not deny the team is discussing the possible release of Owens in late February.
"That Stephen and I were debating about Terrell, that's just misinformation," Jones said regarding his son, Cowboys vice president Stephen Jones at the time. "That's just not accurate. I don't know where that comes from. That's just total misinformation."
The Cowboys paid Owens a $12 million signing bonus just last year, included as part of a new four-year, $34 million deal.

15 RINGS BITCH
03-05-2009, 12:24 AM
lol, fukkin pussy gonna cry all summer, doin pushups in his driveway with that poutin look on his face.

wish i could see him sign his next contract.

they better put velcro on the pen, cuz he cant hold on to shit

crc21209
03-05-2009, 12:26 AM
Damn Adam (bigdog), I figured you would be bummed/pissed. lol. I dunno what to think honestly, even if he may have been a distraction in the locker room and he dropped passes, he was still the best "big bomb" threat on the team as far as WR. On the other hand, maybe they come together more as a team now, I just dont know though.

dougp
03-05-2009, 12:27 AM
Fucking stupid Jerry. You have made it very hard to be a Boys fan the last 10 years with the moves you've made. Just fucking stupid.....

The dude has become a plague - he's basically the NFL TMac.

jack sommerset
03-05-2009, 12:28 AM
I have alot to say about this but I really hope Jerry Jones had the balls to tell T.O he was released before the media found out

IronMexican
03-05-2009, 12:30 AM
HEADS UP! Stephen A Smith is about to speak on the matter! Don't miss it! Very important!

ducks
03-05-2009, 12:30 AM
I was first, DAMN YOU! I don't know what to think, maybe they'll get Boldin? Eh ...

heard warner would resign with cards if they extend boldin

dougp
03-05-2009, 12:31 AM
heard warner would resign with cards if they extend boldin

Boldin won't extend, he doesn't want to play for the Cardinals.

ducks
03-05-2009, 12:33 AM
he has changed his stance

mardigan

That is why I referred to Jerry. Bringing in this player, then just last season giving him that extension, then just cutting the guy after he was still productive is terrible management. I don't want to hear that they couldn't have gotten something for him, anything would have sufficed. But to cut this player without a option for replacing his productivity, while at the same time losing money while doing it is unacceptable.

BruceBowenFan
No fucking way. Woooooooo

ducks
03-05-2009, 12:34 AM
cowboys could have got jay for t.o

mardigan
03-05-2009, 12:35 AM
This move doesn't improve the Boys in any way at all, except for maybe locker room chemistry, and even that is all hearsay.

ducks
03-05-2009, 12:38 AM
t.o was a cancer or he would not have been cut
jerry is not that stupid

MajorMike
03-05-2009, 12:40 AM
As a cowgirls of irving hater, I love the move.

ducks
03-05-2009, 12:42 AM
I hope new england gets him

Obstructed_View
03-05-2009, 12:48 AM
:cabbagepatch

:woot

:cheer

:drunk

:yeahbaby

This actually makes up for the terrible performance by the Spurs.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-05-2009, 12:53 AM
God Stephen A. Smith is such a tard. Of course, T.O. is black, so that means I have to listen to S.A.S. rant on sportscenter about how unfair T.O. was treated.

BruceBowenFan
03-05-2009, 12:55 AM
Man s.a.s. loves to shout i have to turn down the volume on my tv to hear him.

DUNCANownsKOBE2

No that's Tony Romo. Romo is the best player to never win a playoff game, T-Mac is the best player to never win a playoff series.

jack sommerset
I hope T.O goes to the Patriots

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-05-2009, 12:57 AM
heads up! Stephen a smith is about to speak on the matter! Don't miss it! Very important!

whenever you talk about screamin a smith you have to type in all caps because he needs to shout at all times to give the viewer the impression that the only reason espn exists is because people need to hear all the important things he has to say!!!!!

and I guess you can't post in all caps (this is an edit).

Spursfan092120
03-05-2009, 01:01 AM
No that's Tony Romo. Romo is the best player to never win a playoff game, T-Mac is the best player to never win a playoff series.
Disagree. Romo's only had two playoff games to try. Peyton took 3 playoff games to get a win, and nobody bagged on him. It's a normal case of hating on Romo because he's a Cowboy.

dougp
03-05-2009, 01:07 AM
Disagree. Romo's only had two playoff games to try. Peyton took 3 playoff games to get a win, and nobody bagged on him. It's a normal case of hating on Romo because he's a Cowboy.

Romo is not a plague like TMac is anyways - T.O. is. I defended him until this shit last season with Witten. Hey T.O., you know why the fuck Romo was passing to him? CAUSE HE DOESN'T SLACK ON ROUTES AND ACTUALLY CATCHES THE FUCKING BALL.

mFFL03
03-05-2009, 01:08 AM
If Garrett left, TO stayed.

If Garrett stayed, TO left.

Although it sucks that TO is better for the cowboys long term than Garrett.

It was scary how fast defenses figured out Garrett's schemes this year, f-ing scary.

dbreiden83080
03-05-2009, 01:10 AM
SKip Bayless had an orgasm at this news..

mardigan
03-05-2009, 01:10 AM
It will be fun to watch the Boys offense sputter even more without a number one receiver that draws double coverage. Garrett better have been drawing up some new shit, or next season could be bad.

Obstructed_View
03-05-2009, 01:20 AM
It will be fun to watch the Boys offense sputter even more without a number one receiver that draws double coverage. Garrett better have been drawing up some new shit, or next season could be bad.

Don't know what team you were watching last year, but it wasn't the Cowboys, because through most of the season TO was getting shut down by decent corners playing simple bump and run. They didn't need to bring a safety over to his side because he couldn't get past the chuck most of the time. By the end of the season he was making far more boneheaded plays than big plays. He drew some double coverage last season, and had some success early this year because the Cowboys had three dangerous running backs that were healthy. I'm not putting the failure of the team all on him, but they're clearly better off without him.

chode_regulator
03-05-2009, 01:24 AM
Man s.a.s. loves to shout i have to turn down the volume on my tv to hear him.

At the risk of sounding racist, solely bc the douche happens to be black, that guy needs to be shot and all evidence of him being a sports reporter erased. Seriously though, what is his deal? Even if he had/has anythng of importance to say, it doesn't get thorugh to me bc all I hear is "This guy is....bc he's black" or he just screams for no reason about whatever.

Sucks for TO, and to the dude who is complaining about Jerry making it hard to be a fan, try being a fan of the Chiefs or Braves over the last few years.

dirk4mvp
03-05-2009, 01:26 AM
Cowboys fans are fucking retarded if they think they're getting Boldin.

dirk4mvp
03-05-2009, 01:31 AM

You should feel sick to your stomach for comparing a piece of shit, choking scrub ass qb to Peyton Manning.

50Bestspurever
03-05-2009, 01:47 AM
Thank god!! It's about fucking time. As talented as that mother fucker is he just ain't worth the hassle. Everything out of his mouth was "I" and "me". Those type of personallity's are fun to watch but try to accomplish somthing, forget about it. Fuck TO Fuck TO.

rayray2k8
03-05-2009, 02:15 AM
Cowboys are doing themselves a favor..

monosylab1k
03-05-2009, 02:24 AM
It will be fun to watch the Boys offense sputter even more without a number one receiver that draws double coverage.

The Boys offense sputtered last year anyways.

And "TO draws double coverage" is the 2nd biggest myth in the NFL, right behind "Brian Urlacher makes plays". TO was getting single-covered and pressed all year long and could never beat it.

-SpursHaveFourRings

monosylab1k
03-05-2009, 02:30 AM
I would bet everything I own that TO ends up with the Raiders. He was born to be a Raider.

The only drawback for TO is that Jamarcus Russell is the first QB big enough to kick his ass when he's constantly yapping in his ear about not getting the ball enough.

4 rings bitch!

J.T.
03-05-2009, 02:36 AM
I would bet everything I own that TO ends up with the Raiders. He was born to be a Raider.

The only drawback for TO is that Jamarcus Russell is the first QB big enough to kick his ass when he's constantly yapping in his ear about not getting the ball enough.

Tony Romo did make him cry though.

bostonguy
03-05-2009, 02:38 AM
Well if Owens will take a significant paycut and is willing to be a #3 guy behind Moss/Welker, come on over to New England. In a perfect world, that could happen but this world is anything but perfect. Go to Oakland Owens. Stretch is already getting a hard on thinking about it. Sign with them so he can go buy his Owens Jersey.:lmao

Whisky Dog
03-05-2009, 02:42 AM
The stupid ass thing was extending him and taking the cap hit because of it, but jerrah was all giddy with his little boner about the 13 win season. Fact is they weren't going to win shit with him because the locker room was completely divided. They probably won't win shit immediately without him, but it'll be better in the long run to cut the losses now and try to start rebuilding team chemistry and progress. People talk about the players should play well no matter what cause of their pay, but the truth is most everyone's job performance suffers greatly when the can't stand the people they work with and there's all sorts of tension.

I'd rather watch the Cowboys lose games in 2009 without having to put up with watching TO. Let the rebuilding begin.

monosylab1k
Well if Owens will take a significant paycut and is willing to be a #3 guy behind Moss/Welker, come on over to New England. In a perfect world, that could happen but this world is anything but perfect.

Owens is washed up, but he might still be useful as a #3 guy. If they can get him in a small deal that doesn't affect their cap at all, where they can cut him anytime they feel, I'd go for it. But his ego would never allow any of that. TO Owens would rather be a failing #1 reciever on a shit team than be a solid #3 receiver on a championship caliber team. spurs rings 4

bostonguy
In terms of the move, the Cowboys are willing to take a step back in order to have the chance to move forward. Jason G's shitty offensive scheme better show some improvement or his ass is getting canned too. The Boys need to be more of a running team 1st and a passing team 2nd. You have 3 quality backs...use them. Your wideouts arent that bad. You dont need dominant wideouts to win in this league. Go out and get a saftey and cut Roy Williams. Show Greg Ellis the way out as well.

monosylab1k
03-05-2009, 02:44 AM
I think if the Cowboys ever game Miles Austin & Sam Hurd a legitimate shot, they'd be very surprised at the positive production they see.

spurshavefourrings

bostonguy
03-05-2009, 02:44 AM
Owens is washed up, but he might still be useful as a #3 guy. If they can get him in a small deal that doesn't affect their cap at all, where they can cut him anytime they feel, I'd go for it. But his ego would never allow any of that. TO Owens would rather be a failing #1 reciever on a shit team than be a solid #3 receiver on a championship caliber team.

Yep. It'll never happen but if he would be willing to sacrifice money and his role...i'd welcome him here.

bigdog
03-05-2009, 03:24 AM
I think if the Cowboys ever game Miles Austin & Sam Hurd a legitimate shot, they'd be very surprised at the positive production they see.

I don't know about Sam Hurd. He could be a good player, but I'm excited to see what Miles Austin can really do.

traitoravery
03-05-2009, 04:11 AM
Amendola time!!!!

dimsah
03-05-2009, 04:28 AM
Amendola time!!!!
I'm pretty sure the Cowboys don't have Amendola anymore.

Spur|n|Austin
03-05-2009, 05:43 AM
People seem to forget that they've got a guy named Jason Witten on their team.

Amendola time!!!!

Amendola is on the Eagles practice squad now.

peewee's lovechild
03-05-2009, 07:37 AM
This is just the greatest news I could have heard.

Good god damn, this makes me happy like you can't even imagine.

peewee's lovechild
03-05-2009, 07:39 AM

Amen, brother.

I've been signing that song since last season.

Austin and Hurd will give some pretty good production this coming season.

leemajors
03-05-2009, 08:01 AM
Amen, brother.

I've been signing that song since last season.

if they can stay on the field

ATRAIN
03-05-2009, 08:38 AM
How is this going to impact re-signing Dware

JudynTX
03-05-2009, 08:40 AM
Bye-bye and good riddance

tonylongoriafan
03-05-2009, 08:44 AM
so let me say the T.O. got a raw deal in dallas...and why the fuck do you extend is contract, give him a signing bonus AND then cut him...this was a power move by stephen jones. he was always anti-t.o, anti-pacman, anti-tank johnson

seriously, roy williams is not a #1 wideout. we basically screwed ourselves short term...oh well, t.o. burning jersey saturday!

Viva Las Espuelas
03-05-2009, 08:53 AM
what a stupid, stupid move. all for a pansy ass quarterback that has never won a big game. i'm pulling my rush card and hope the cowboys fail this year. losing record, i hope jessica simpson gains 70lbs, kitna replaces homo during a monday night game, and to TOp it off, homo gets traded to the lions. stupid jackass

Taco
03-05-2009, 08:54 AM
Buh-bye t.o. !!!

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-05-2009, 11:43 AM

If in Peyton's first playoff game it came down a play where he was placeholder, he would have won that game.

mardigan
03-05-2009, 11:50 AM
Owens is washed up

No, he really isn't. Dude would have had closer to 1300 yards if he hadn't had to deal with the Brad Johnson debacle. He still had 10 td's, and he cut his drops way down from last year, not to mention he still averaged 15 yards a catch. Not saying he was the player he used to be, but he is not washed up.

Dr. Gonzo
03-05-2009, 11:52 AM

Based on what? I know you have a Hurd boner because he is an SA boy but he hasn't proven a thing

mardigan
03-05-2009, 11:56 AM
Based on what? I know you have a Hurd boner because he is an SA boy but he hasn't proven a thing

No shit, guy is unproven, and to be honest with you, doesn't look very quick or fast.
All these Boys fans seem to have this idea that one of the unproven guys like Austin, Hurd or Stanback step up and fill that production, but it's not going to happen. Unless they make a trade or draft someone, I really think they just shot themselves in the foot.

Dr. Gonzo
03-05-2009, 11:59 AM
No shit, guy is unproven, and to be honest with you, doesn't look very quick or fast.
All these Boys fans seem to have this idea that one of the unproven guys like Austin, Hurd or Stanback step up and fill that production, but it's not going to happen. Unless they make a trade or draft someone, I really think they just shot themselves in the foot.

I agree with this and I also think that the bigger problem is Romo and his lack of leadership skills and his tendency to choke in big games. I think the choking can be taken care of but it's very hard for someone to "learn" to be a leader. Usually people are born with leadership skills. It will be very hard for a QB that has been pampered his whole time as a starter to just flip a switch and turn into a leader.

Vinnie_Johnson
03-05-2009, 12:03 PM
Dumb move big cap hit. Blame TO all you want why does Garret and Wade get a free pass?

Vinnie_Johnson
03-05-2009, 12:04 PM
what a stupid, stupid move. all for a pansy ass quarterback that has never won a big game. i'm pulling my rush card and hope the cowboys fail this year. losing record, i hope jessica simpson gains 70lbs, kitna replaces homo during a monday night game, and to TOp it off, homo gets traded to the lions. stupid jackass

Spot on:toast

monosylab1k
03-05-2009, 12:10 PM
Dumb move big cap hit. Blame TO all you want why does Garret and Wade get a free pass?

Garrett & Wade aren't doing national interviews with Deion Sanders blaming everybody but themselves.

monosylab1k
03-05-2009, 12:13 PM
No, he really isn't. Dude would have had closer to 1300 yards if he hadn't had to deal with the Brad Johnson debacle. He still had 10 td's, and he cut his drops way down from last year, not to mention he still averaged 15 yards a catch. Not saying he was the player he used to be, but he is not washed up.

So because of a few games with a bad QB, that gives him a free pass? Randy Moss played an entire season with a guy who hasn't played a real game since high school, and he still put up comparable numbers. TO still had Tony Romo (who for all his faults is still a solid QB) for most of the season. Brad Johnson is just another lame excuse. If not for one game where he destroyed the shitty 49ers, he would have had close to 900 yards receiving for the season.

TO isn't good enough to be a #1 receiver for anybody. He's barely good enough to be a #2, and that would never work because of his ego.

spurs have 4 rings

Blake
03-05-2009, 12:16 PM
TO will be wearing silver and black in Oakland.

Book it.

beefanus
03-05-2009, 12:18 PM
So because of a few games with a bad QB, that gives him a free pass? Randy Moss played an entire season with a guy who hasn't played a real game since high school, and he still put up comparable numbers. TO still had Tony Romo (who for all his faults is still a solid QB) for most of the season. Brad Johnson is just another lame excuse. If not for one game where he destroyed the shitty 49ers, he would have had close to 900 yards receiving for the season.

TO isn't good enough to be a #1 receiver for anybody. He's barely good enough to be a #2, and that would never work because of his ego.

spurs have 4 rings
i am with u mono he is useless and will never win a sb, lol you kno how funny it would be if now one picked him up lmao!

Dr. Gonzo
03-05-2009, 12:22 PM
No bullshit or ball busting aside, I think the Steelers would be able to handle his bullshit and use him productively. There are enough strong personalities, including coaching and ownership, to keep him in line. And he has proven to behave himself for at least 1 season with a new team. I also think he would respect Rothliesberger's rings and keep his ass in line.

beefanus
03-05-2009, 12:26 PM
No bullshit or ball busting aside, I think the Steelers would be able to handle his bullshit and use him productively. There are enough strong personalities, including coaching and ownership, to keep him in line. And he has proven to behave himself for at least 1 season with a new team. I also think he would respect Rothliesberger's rings and keep his ass in line.
the steelers dont need dumb shit cansers on their team and because of all the shit that come with TO they would never get him they r one of the few teams that still has some dignity!

Dr. Gonzo
03-05-2009, 12:30 PM
http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/9053/prod.jpg

Dr. Gonzo
03-05-2009, 12:31 PM
the steelers dont need dumb shit cansers on their team and because of all the shit that come with TO they would never get him they r one of the few teams that still has some dignity!

I don't know what cansers is.

mardigan
03-05-2009, 12:45 PM

spurs have 4 rings

I didn't make any excuse. I stated the obvious. If he hadn't had the 3 game stretch where he totaled 90 yards with Johnson out there, his stats would have looked much better. Your trying to say the guy has nothing left, I'm trying to say he is still a threat and can still be productive. And if your really trying to tell me Owens isn't better than what a team like the Titans march out there, your delusional.

monosylab1k
03-05-2009, 12:49 PM
And if your really trying to tell me Owens isn't better than what a team like the Titans march out there, your delusional.

Titans did just fine with their receivers. Dallas, not so good with Jesus Owens. spurs have 4 rings

mardigan
03-05-2009, 12:51 PM
Titans did just fine with their receivers. Dallas, not so good with Jesus Owens.

No, Titans did good with their d and running game. Their passing game was 27th and terrible.

Blake
03-05-2009, 12:52 PM

They just won the SB. No way the Steelers take a chance on TO to screw up the lockerroom.

monosylab1k
03-05-2009, 01:00 PM
No, Titans did good with their d and running game. Their passing game was 27th and terrible.

The Titans did just fine as a team. The Dallas Cowboys didn't do so good as a bunch of babies pointing fingers at each other. And that is a culture bred by TO Owens.

-SpursHaveFourRings

jack sommerset
03-05-2009, 01:01 PM
They just won the SB. No way the Steelers take a chance on TO to screw up the lockerroom.

That would be a great team for T.O to land in. The coach is strong, Ben and Ward are the voice of that huddle. They have a GREAT D. Ben wants a big WR. Oh and I will never ever buy in to this bullshit the media sling at us about how he ruins team. Grow the fuck up already. Babys. That last comment is not directed at Blake just thought I would throw that in.

StylisticS
03-05-2009, 01:11 PM
so let me say the T.O. got a raw deal in dallas...and why the fuck do you extend is contract, give him a signing bonus AND then cut him...this was a power move by stephen jones. he was always anti-t.o, anti-pacman, anti-tank johnson

seriously, roy williams is not a #1 wideout. we basically screwed ourselves short term...oh well, t.o. burning jersey saturday!

Is there something wrong with being anti-to, anti-pacman, and anti-tank johnson? I am very glad they are not on this TEAM anymore. Especially Pacman and Tank. They are nothing but distractions to the team. BTW, for everybody that keeps talking about a cap hit. There isn't one. We still have over 14 million left in cap space.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-05-2009, 01:30 PM
The Steelers are too smart to pick TeamObliterator up. The Steelers have players that play for the team, not themselves. The only team Owens has ever played for in his life is team ME.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
03-05-2009, 02:20 PM
That stupid RW deadline deal set this in motion. I said when they trade happened that the Cowboys would have been better off waiting for the offseason and trading for Boldin.

Enjoy the other overrated RW as a #1.

Dr. Gonzo
03-05-2009, 02:26 PM
That stupid RW deadline deal set this in motion. I said when they trade happened that the Cowboys would have been better off waiting for the offseason and trading for Boldin.

But he is a Longhoooooorn.

ClingingMars
03-05-2009, 02:29 PM
SIGN BOLDIN NOW

-Mars

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
03-05-2009, 02:31 PM
You have to give up picks for Boldin. And you set the market by trading a 1 and a 3 for an inferior WR.

I doubt AZ parts with Quan for much less.

dougp
03-05-2009, 03:16 PM
Is there something wrong with being anti-to, anti-pacman, and anti-tank johnson? I am very glad they are not on this TEAM anymore. Especially Pacman and Tank. They are nothing but distractions to the team. BTW, for everybody that keeps talking about a cap hit. There isn't one. We still have over 14 million left in cap space.

WTF kind of distractions has Tank been a part of? Because I really haven't seen anything about him - as a matter of fact, he was pretty fuckin solid last year, and one of our top defensive performers.

Obstructed_View
03-05-2009, 03:25 PM

The bad Roy Williams might end up as the number one wide receiver, but no wide receiver is going to be the #1 target for the Cowboys. Stanback, Hurd and Austin all showed signs of breaking out last year, but injuries and lack of PT doomed them. All of them look like they can play. I have a lot fewer reservations about going into the season with just the ball-catchers they have because I'd rather have Romo going through his progressions instead of having to force it to TO periodically just to keep him happy.

StylisticS
03-05-2009, 03:28 PM
WTF kind of distractions has Tank been a part of? Because I really haven't seen anything about him - as a matter of fact, he was pretty fuckin solid last year, and one of our top defensive performers.

He was one of our top defensive performers? When? Because he was non-existant for the majority of the year. He only had 13 solo tackles, 9 assisted with only 1 sack. Production wise, he is replaceable with those numbers. He was average at best. If he produced on the field, Dallas wouldn't have made teh news that they would not renogotiate his contract back in January. In the locker room, none of us really know what happens in there.

StylisticS
03-05-2009, 03:30 PM
The bad Roy Williams might end up as the number one wide receiver, but no wide receiver is going to be the #1 target for the Cowboys. Stanback, Hurd and Austin all showed signs of breaking out last year, but injuries and lack of PT doomed them. All of them look like they can play. I have a lot fewer reservations about going into the season with just the ball-catchers they have because I'd rather have Romo going through his progressions instead of having to force it to TO periodically just to keep him happy.

Agreed. I think we should just simply establish the identity on running the football. Run the two tight end sets. You have two good tight ends. Use them. I know another poster on here early in the season said he wonders if Dallas could get away with just big plays all the time and I said you take what they give you. By damn if he wasn't right. We need a run game that takes time off the clock. The oline needs to get their shit together though.

Obstructed_View
03-05-2009, 03:56 PM
The Cowboys have a running game that can do a whole lot more than run out the clock. Felix Jones made a big play almost every time he touched the ball.

Whisky Dog
03-05-2009, 04:07 PM

Bingo. Maybe this will be the wakeup call that these backwards ass coaches here in Dallas need to go in the proper direction. Build the team on defense and a stout running game. Take the pressure off of Romo to HAVE to make big plays all the time and give him the opportunities to attack big when needed. Make the defense respect the run. Right now the Cowboys have extremely stout depth at running back with Felix, Barber, and Choice. You don't need three stout running backs and the Cowboys need a safety really badly. I'd look to move Choice for either a safety or for a 2nd round pick if a target safety looks to be available. If not, sit on him and continue to see what you can get for him later. To me it is extremely obvious what needs to be done and what direction to go in - just look at who is winning championships...

Steelers - Stout running game and stout defense with efficient enough offense.

Giants - Stout running game and stout defense with efficient enough offense.

Colts - In that Super Bowl run they had stout defense and good running game with good passing game.

Steelers - Same team as above.

It's no secret - attempt to acquire and build around stout, smash mouth guys on the line of scrimmage and build out from there. That's what they need to focus on, because I bet now that Romo doesn't have 81 chirping in his ear all day long he will go back to spreading the ball around to the guy that's actually open. You put him in situations where the running game and defense don't make him have to win the game by throwing a ton and he can be successful. That offense and defense need to stream line and work on becoming EFFICIENT.

pkbpkb81
03-05-2009, 04:52 PM
Tony Romo did make him cry though.

:lmao:rollin:lol

Spawn
03-05-2009, 06:52 PM
The stupid ass thing was extending him and taking the cap hit because of it, but jerrah was all giddy with his little boner about the 13 win season. Fact is they weren't going to win shit with him because the locker room was completely divided. They probably won't win shit immediately without him, but it'll be better in the long run to cut the losses now and try to start rebuilding team chemistry and progress. People talk about the players should play well no matter what cause of their pay, but the truth is most everyone's job performance suffers greatly when the can't stand the people they work with and there's all sorts of tension.

I'd rather watch the Cowboys lose games in 2009 without having to put up with watching TO. Let the rebuilding begin.

You as well as others sure have drank the TO is Satan kool aid. The Boys have been "rebuilding" for the past 13, 14, 15 or so years now. What has been the constant thing wrong in those years? Hint: Not TO!!!

Whisky Dog
03-05-2009, 07:03 PM
You as well as others sure have drank the TO is Satan kool aid. The Boys have been "rebuilding" for the past 13, 14, 15 or so years now. What has been the constant thing wrong in those years? Hint: Not TO!!!

Just because you don't win a championship doesn't mean you are rebuilding. They went through a lot of dry years with not much talent, but with Parcells they remedied that and ended up with a few winning years and a few playoff appearances. That's not rebuilding. What has stopped this latest run of playoff appearances and successful years? POOR TEAM CHEMISTRY and COACHING ISSUES. They have the talent, just not the right mix of personalities and leaders to become a true playoff contender. TO was a big part of that chemistry problem. It's obvious now, because they wouldn't release a productive part of the team if he wasn't. I think you have been drinking the TO Kool Aid. Was he the only problem? No. But he was a problem. Refer to my previous post in this thread to find a solution to more problems.

Vinnie_Johnson
03-05-2009, 10:10 PM
This move will show what an average QB Romo is. Who are The Cowboys and ESPN going to blame now?

mardigan
03-05-2009, 10:42 PM
I'd look to move Choice for either a safety or for a 2nd round pick if a target safety looks to be available. If not, sit on him and continue to see what you can get for him later..

Honestly, I would rather keep Choice than Barber. Younger, less tread on the tires, paid much less, and Barber could probably net the Boys more at this point. I love the guy, but I just don't have much trust in his ability to stay healthy.

StylisticS
03-05-2009, 10:53 PM
This move will show what an average QB Romo is. Who are The Cowboys and ESPN going to blame now?
You'd like that, wouldn't you? TO is GONE, move on. Are you a Cowboy fan?

StylisticS
03-05-2009, 11:01 PM
The Cowboys have a running game that can do a whole lot more than run out the clock. Felix Jones made a big play almost every time he touched the ball.

Understandable but to expect Felix to make 60 yard runs and 30 yard runs every time he touches the ball is asking for to much. It's basically impossible. Especially when December rolls around. A great ground game that moves the chains or picks up 6-7 yards on 1st downs and the oline wearing down the dline late in the game is the type of football I LOVE and Dallas has the players to make that happen. They just have to realize that themselves. In fact, that's the type of football we played in early 07 but we got away from that later on in the season and it continued on into the next.

Obstructed_View
03-06-2009, 05:30 AM

TO was second in the league in drops during his time as a Cowboy, which means Romo was putting the ball in his hands a lot. As long as the Cowboys don't end up with Braylon Edwards, not having TO should improve Romo's stats.

Nobody ever blamed TO for Romo's inablilty to take care of the ball. If he doesn't start tucking the ball away when he scrambles or start settling for an incompletion to keep the possession going, it will be apparent soon enough. All a guy that whines for the ball does is makes you change your offense or your progressions to try to make him happy, and that doesn't make the offense or the QB better.

Whisky Dog
03-06-2009, 01:29 PM
Honestly, I would rather keep Choice than Barber. Younger, less tread on the tires, paid much less, and Barber could probably net the Boys more at this point. I love the guy, but I just don't have much trust in his ability to stay healthy.

Either way is fine with me, but the point is the Cowboys have 1 extra stout running back that can net a high draft pick or possibly a good player to address a weakness.