PDA

View Full Version : What the hell is the deal with Fans on this forum...

Sec24Row7
03-10-2005, 11:03 AM
Do you remember the days before Robinson when the spurs sucked?

What is the deal with all the doom and gloom here?

Why rag on Brent Barry? Why rag on ANY spur. We have the best record in the league, we have one of the top ten of all time point differentials.

We lost a game where we competed very well against the second best team in the league without our TWO all stars and you guys want to lynch somebody.

Makes me sick.

Why don't all of you move to Philidelphia and start booing your own team.

There it's commonplace and acceptable.

Here, I just think you are scumbags.

travis2
03-10-2005, 11:05 AM
They don't use the terms anymore...but BAMA and HOYA are back.

myhc
03-10-2005, 11:24 AM
We're spoiled, that's all.

MannyIsGod
03-10-2005, 11:24 AM
Ahh, are we supposed to get warm fuzzies when the Spurs get on the court?

Well, this scumbag thinks you're a moron.

maxpower
03-10-2005, 11:26 AM
I feel the same way with select posters. They are just bitter. They can't rejoice in the team as a whole and have to create factions within. I understand criticizing players but to do so with the venomous language full of hatred is beyond me. I remember the first time i heard Steve Smith being refered to as worse than herpes in the ass. I thought it was so despicable to equate a formerly great player and citizen in the mold of David Robinson with such a unnecessary label. It made me ashamed to be a Spurs Fan if this is what "Spurs Fans" were becoming. I know some will justify it because they are talking about the player on the court and not the man. I say critique his play don't demean the person.

Rummpd
03-10-2005, 11:35 AM
I for one have no qualms with the 9 players that competed last night . . . and perhaps, was overly bitter at the holdouts.

Spoiled yes sort of, but I also remember small deaths over 0.4, Laker sweeps while watching odd hours overseas etc.

Spurs fans are loyal but we are also demanding of excellence and for this team = we should be!

ShoogarBear
03-10-2005, 11:55 AM
Brent Barry signed a contract saying he would get paid $5 million dollars a year.

The contract did not say he would, in addition to the money, also be immune from criticism.

If he doesn't play up to the level of his expectations, we have the right to make note of it.

T Park
03-10-2005, 12:17 PM
Bite me sec.

Barry has sucked ass and deserves the critique.

get out of here with that blind BS.

Sec24Row7
03-10-2005, 12:22 PM
Manny go back to the political forum, you make even less sense here.

T Park
03-10-2005, 12:26 PM
Manny is right, just because you cant accept players deserve critique, doesn't make him less wrong.

Kori Ellis
03-10-2005, 12:27 PM
Some posters criticize every player all the time. That's not the norm here.

But if you are talking about the general moaning about things like Barry not contributing and Rasho's lack of aggression (early in the season), then what's wrong with not being satisfied? Do you think Pop and the rest of the Spurs are satisfied with how Barry is playing right now? Are fans supposed to just blindly cheer and not be worried/disgruntled when a player isn't working out in the system?

Believe me, no one is dissatisfied with the gutsy performance of the Spurs TEAM last night, but everything is not all roses and lollipops.

samikeyp
03-10-2005, 12:28 PM
Sec...would you rather us walk around all day every day and say "all is well!" and sing kumbaya? A true fan can criticize his or her team when they screw up but that doesn't mean that they root for their team any less.

wildbill2u
03-10-2005, 12:53 PM
Some posters criticize every player all the time. That's not the norm here.

But if you are talking about the general moaning about things like Barry not contributing and Rasho's lack of aggression (early in the season), then what's wrong with not being satisfied? Do you think Pop and the rest of the Spurs are satisfied with how Barry is playing right now? Are fans supposed to just blindly cheer and not be worried/disgruntled when a player isn't working out in the system?

Believe me, no one is dissatisfied with the gutsy performance of the Spurs TEAM last night, but everything is not all roses and lollipops.

This topic raises a legitimate point. What the hell goes on here with supposed 'fans'???? I don't think everything is perfect on the Spurs--but neither do I think the level of criticism on this forum--which often descends into vicious, name-calling disrespect of some players--is useful or worthy of people who claim to be fans. It goes beyond legitimate criticism into anonymous malicious license most of which couldn't be used on radio or in print. Does the use of scatology or profanity make their supposedly insightful points better? I don't think most of these posters would be so violent or profane if they weren't anonymous.

And the 'whipping-boy, scapegoat of the day' changes with almost every game with some posters hating Rasho and Devin and others going after Barry and Rose (when he was here). This team, like any other team, is not made up of perfect players although some posters seem to think every bench player should play up to All-Star standards.

I keep thinking about how Malik and Sean both recently said how much they loved the Spur fans and how the fans took them to their heart and made them part of the San Antonio community. Those sentiments have been repeatedly expressed by all kinds of Spur players from California surfer-dudes like Coby Dietrich to ghetto-raised players like George Gervin. Do you think they'd feel that way if they were given a daily dose of the vitriol that comes from the "fans" on this site.

Jimcs50
03-10-2005, 01:06 PM
Have you never been in chat during games? We have a bunch of whiners as fans...that is nothing new. And they know who they are too, I will not mention names.
:)

coz
03-10-2005, 05:43 PM
A thread bitching about bitching? One of these comes along every couple months. I would have to say 90% of posts are either beginning to bitch, or responding to someone bitching. That is what makes this gathering of Spurs fans great. You can go anywhere for news, you come here for insightful bitching.

Brodels
03-10-2005, 06:30 PM
Do you remember the days before Robinson when the spurs sucked?

What is the deal with all the doom and gloom here?

Why rag on Brent Barry? Why rag on ANY spur. We have the best record in the league, we have one of the top ten of all time point differentials.

We lost a game where we competed very well against the second best team in the league without our TWO all stars and you guys want to lynch somebody.

Makes me sick.

Why don't all of you move to Philidelphia and start booing your own team.

There it's commonplace and acceptable.

Here, I just think you are scumbags.

I resent your attempts to make this the most boring forum on the web.

Spurs fans are loyal but we are also demanding of excellence and for this team = we should be!

Exactly.

If people were always satisfied with the team, what would we talk about? Even the bitchiest posters here are happy with the team to a large degree, even though they would never admit it.

People here aren't satisfied all of the time because they care about the team more than you do. Most people here really want the team to win. That's what it comes down to.

And it makes for insightful, interesting conversation much of the time.

If you want to try and make this a boring, useless forum, go for it. But you won't get my support. I'm gonna keep bitching.

mouse
03-10-2005, 06:32 PM
This guy tells you to not be so doom and gloom and at the end of his topic he calls you all scumbags? :lmao
Barry sucks ass and that's coming from a Mavericks fan,

Look brah if your looking for a bunch of happy tree hugging homos? go to back to your Green Peace website.

SequSpur
03-10-2005, 09:14 PM
Thanks for the compliment.

Rummpd
03-10-2005, 10:35 PM
It is unanimous Barry at least at present truly, truly sucks.

Park him #12 on bench and hope maybe he has at least 1 S. Kerr moment in that bony bag of seemingly over-hyped talent down the road.

Bandit2981
03-10-2005, 10:40 PM
Barry will be alright, everyone was singing his praises when he hit some big shots when the spurs beat phoenix the 2nd time...but i have to agree that spurs fans always want their cake and to eat it too, its not even enough that they have the best record in the NBA, the best player in the league, and a legitimate dynasty on the horizon...someone will always bitch that we didnt go 82-0...EVERY loss is a monumental disaster calling for trades, benching, and a new coach by some in here(and you know who you are) :blah

Rummpd
03-10-2005, 10:45 PM
I said at present for Barry - he is not hopeless, but rescue him next season. Spurs cannot afford with breaking in Nazr etc. to be experimenting or trying to salvage his confidence right now.

Live with Brown, Beno, Wilks more seems the common sense approach. However, 9:1 Pop continues to ride Barry as primary option for Manu when tired etc.

circles_eternal
03-10-2005, 10:51 PM
we`re just so used to winning...that`s why we`ve been whining so much.

picnroll
03-10-2005, 11:02 PM
Barry sucks. And that's being positive.

Sec24Row7
03-10-2005, 11:08 PM
Barry has been tentative, I will give you that.

He also had 3 assists in the first Quarter in the game against the nets.

Everyone pays attention to his shooting and offense.. he has made great strides in the system since he has been here.

He is no Hedo.

TwoHandJam
03-11-2005, 12:03 AM
This guy tells you to not be so doom and gloom and at the end of his topic he calls you all scumbags? :lmao
Barry sucks ass and that's coming from a Mavericks fan,

Look brah if your looking for a bunch of happy tree hugging homos? go to back to your Green Peace website.
Classic Mouse. :lol