PDA

View Full Version : Game Thoughts: Spurs @ Mavs - Mar.4

Rogue
03-05-2009, 02:35 AM
Tonight our beloved guys in blue had a game with the San Antonio Spurs at home. As we all expected, it was a rivalry game which is filled with hightlights and moving moments. But this game still had a big regret... I didn't watch the game. :lol

Although I had been busy and consequently missed such a great game, it's still not pretty hard for me to imagine how exciting the game was... the best two teams of the west played their best to win the game which had alot more meaning than just a regular-season win. Our beloved guys in blue got the win and moved one step forward to the playoffs, but there's actually no losser in this game. Tonight the only loser was the houston rockets team that got spanked AGAIN by Utah Jazz in Salt Lake City. :lol

-------------------------------
Dirk Nowitzki
http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/.e1d/img/4.0/global/basketball/nba/players/3252.jpg

42 minutes, 24 points, 12 rebounds, five assists, two blocks
9-for-15 from the field, 5-for-6 at the line, 1-2 on three-pointers

Dirk didn't play good last time our guys in blue played with the spurs and our team lost that game on road as a result, but this time Dirk himself answered the question why he sucked in that game... Only when facing a great rival can Dirk 100% devote himself to the game. He doesn't need to be 100% focus on the game when we face scrub teams like clippers and rockets, but it was really a desaster for himself and his team to relax when facing a sophisticated team like spurs.

It's still unknown whether the spurs were unintentional or deliberate to rest Duncan in that game, but the valid thing is that a good rival always makes Dirk play better than usual and finally overwhelm his opponent. Duncan also got a double double tonight but his performances were evidently uncompetetive compared to Dirk's great works.

Let alone his points and rebounds, what impressed us most was the three pointer he made. Dirk made a 3 point shot that we had long been expecting, though he just hit one tonight. The 3-pointer itself didn't make any difference to the game, but it reflected that Dirk has already re-find his 3 pointing skills which used to be the league's best.

Jason Kidd

http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/.e1d/img/4.0/global/basketball/nba/players/2625.jpg

37 minutes, 17 points, nine assists, seven rebounds, three turnovers
6-for-10 from the field, 2-for-2 at the line, 3-5 on three-pointers

After being barren at scoring in the past several games, Kidd did fought back tonight to prove those doubters wrong with his remarkable performances. Kidd has never been a scoring machine through his whole career, but he is the machine's petrol which is the scoring source for the whole team. Tonight Kidd didn't score many points in the first half because he focused 95% of his attention on helping his teammates score, by the end of the 2nd quarter Kidd had already got 7 assists. Being silent doesn't mean he's not able to make any sound, maybe the seemingly silent guy can make the strongest waves like what Kidd did during the beginning 3&1/2 mins of the 3rd quarter. During that period Kidd scored all the 10pts our team gained.

Josh Howard
http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/.e1d/img/4.0/global/basketball/nba/players/3732.jpg

39 minutes, 29 points, seven rebounds, one assists, two blocks
10-for-15 from the field, 4-for-5 on three-pointers, 5-5 at the line

Despite his flaws in his personality and his loyality, Josh Howard is still a good guy in blue that can contribute some points to our book. Tonight he was even more than good... Josh used to be considered as a amar'e-like player that has remarkable talent in offense yet sucks at defensive end, but tonight's Josh played differently from what he is usually considered as. With his remarkable work at defensive end, Josh made Fin miss 6 of the total 8 shots he made. Thinkably Fin sucked badly tonight and only made 5pts in total. I hope Josh will care more about himself and keep playing energeticly at defensive end, though we don't have the rights or obligations to teach him what is bad to smoke and what is not.

Jason Terry

http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/.e1d/img/4.0/global/basketball/nba/players/3333.jpg

35 minutes, 17 points, one rebound, 6 assists
6-for-13 from the field, 1-for-4 on three-pointers, 4-4 at the line

We had been strongely missing our JET during the games he was absent from, and we lost too many of those games due to his absense. Fortunately JET recovered faster than expected and braked the slipping train our team used to sit in. More importantly his return totally close the door for Devean George to play on court and disgust us. Tonight JET still was our sharpest weapon off the bench though he missed some shots he should have hit.

Erick Dampier
http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/.e1d/img/4.0/global/basketball/nba/players/3117.jpg

31 minutes, nine points, four rebounds, four blocks,
2-for-2 from the field, 5-for-6 at the line

Dampier played plenty of time tonight, but his average game time is still among the bottom ranks of all the 30 starting centers on the 30 teams, and also his other stats for that matter. Dampier's stats are generally lower than those of other starting centers, except his salary and his weight.

Dampier is not a good player considering his salary, but he did played a good game tonight anyway. Despite the critics on him about his incompetent in offense, Dampier did a good job tonight at offensive end. At least he performed pretty aggressively tonight and got 6 oppotunities at the line. Surely Dampier also played good in defense as he usually does, which can be clearly reflected by his four blocks.

Antonie Wright
http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/.e1d/img/4.0/global/basketball/nba/players/3941.jpg

24 minutes, five points, one assist, one block
2-for-5 from the field, 1-2 at the line, 0-2 on three-pointers

As usual Antonie Wright still started for our team tonight, but his game time has been significantly shortened as a result of "The return of the JET". Wright isn't a key player on our team but he is undoubtely an unignorable screw in our rotation. In fact no one is ignorable because if one of them is down, then we'll have to see Devean George wearing our blue jersey.

Brandon Bass
http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/.e1d/img/4.0/global/basketball/nba/players/3959.jpg

14 minutes, 1-for-3 from the field, one rebound, one assist, two blocks, 4 points

Bass has played a couple of good games this season but his big performances are just like flashes that are not consistent enough to deserve our trust. And his game time also has been eaten a lot by singleton who has been performing good recently. As Dirk's backup, Brandon perfectly did whatever he was required to do tonight.
Juan Jose Barea
http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/.e1d/img/4.0/global/basketball/nba/players/4203.jpg
ten minutes, 0-4 from the field, one rebound, one assist

Barea should have played a little bit longer in order to give more rest to Kidd who was born in 1973, but our backup PG always forces Kidd to come back even before he warms the bench with his bottom. Barea has more appetite to score than most of other PGs but his assist numbers have never got enough attention from Barea. Although Barea's points may help us sometimes, he still needs to upgrade his offensive awareness in order to run our offense as Kidd does.

James Singleton
http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/.e1d/img/4.0/global/basketball/nba/players/4055.jpg
7min 1-for-2 from the field, two points, two rebounds

Tonight James Singleton didn't play as brilliantly as he did in some of our former games, but we all would rather to see him sucking while our team winning games than see the other way round. even so, we are still potent with Singleton and what he has done for our team.

Rick Carlisle
http://www.cbc.ca/gfx/images/sports/photos/2008/05/08/carlisle-rick-392-cp-061226.jpg

Although he has long been deprecated by mavs fans, Carlisle is still working for our team as the head coach. Our guys in blue played very good in the 3rd quarter and in the early 4th quarter, but the spurs ate our leading gap to only 4pts for a while in the last minutes. Our team could and should have closed the game earlier in order to give our players more rest for the second half of the back-to-back. As a coach who watched the game off the court, Carlisle should have a better overview on the game than the players do. At least Carlisle should have known when he needed to turn down the rhythm. Our team followed the rhythm the spurs settled for us and almost let the spurs turn the game around in the final minutes, personally I don't think that should be attributed to the players.

Ghazi
03-05-2009, 02:44 AM
agreed with all points.

mavs>spurs2
03-05-2009, 02:45 AM
"More importantly his return totally close the door for Devean George to play on court and disgust us." :lol

mystargtr34
03-05-2009, 04:02 AM
Josh Howard is the best player in the League when he plays the Spurs. If only the Mavs had that consistently.

urunobili
03-05-2009, 09:15 AM
:wow

after they tried to copycat the Spurs in their style of play for years and failed... now you guys also do it with the way timvp writes about the spurs? :lmao

Where is the epic fail troll when you need him :lmao

pauls931
03-05-2009, 09:18 AM
Normally, I like seeing the Spurs biff it, but not against Dallas, I can't stand Dallas... La and Boston... Dirk is the only thing I like about that team.

Rogue
03-05-2009, 09:47 AM
It's just my own work only, doesn't reflect the standpoint of Mavs team and other Mavs fans

Mavs have never immitated any other team, at least we didn't sign Fin after he was waived. Mavs would have won more than 4 rings if we also had played the same style of basketball the spurs have been playing. We play games for fans instead of championships. championships are as worthless as faggot compared to the entertainment we bring to our fans.

"cuatro anillos, perra"--- Findog

Agloco
03-05-2009, 03:58 PM
It's just my own work only, doesn't reflect the standpoint of Mavs team and other Mavs fans

Mavs have never immitated any other team, at least we didn't sign Fin after he was waived. Mavs would have won more than 4 rings if we also had played the same style of basketball the spurs have been playing. We play games for fans instead of championships. championships are as worthless as faggot compared to the entertainment we bring to our fans.

"cuatro anillos, perra"--- Findog

:wtf:wtf:wtf