PDA

View Full Version : Yao Finally Speaks Out About Unfair Treatment

Kai
03-05-2009, 03:33 AM
c9Kbx_w3NqE

Transcript:
“You know what? I had two offensive fouls tonight, three (Tuesday) night, two at the Minnesota game … and you can go on,” Yao said. “Every time a defender is on the ground, even if he just wants to sit down and have a rest, it’s my offensive foul.

“Why? If I’m on the defensive side and I’m in the same position, the foul is on us. They can’t call it two ways. When I try to post up and they have a head on my shoulder and lean on me and lean on my elbow and try to push me out and have the knee and have the two hands, no call. I know I have 300 pounds. But the same way people push me, maybe it doesn’t affect much, but I have to really, really limit my strength to push back.”

Yao isn't one to bitch about things. The refs really don't know how to officiate Yao. He's just so big that everything is his fault to them. The dude gets hammered every play.

It's ironic that he says shaq doesn't flop after all this Shaq flopping drama.:lol

gmanrulz
03-05-2009, 03:37 AM
The dude gets hammered every play.

well we've found the problem

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
03-05-2009, 05:19 AM
Yao's english has gotten better. Accent still strong though. :lol

glad to see he's more comfortable expressing legitimate gripes against hte refs

Indazone
03-05-2009, 08:40 AM
Bout time Yao said something. He's going to get fined for that interview but who cares. Maybe he'll get some respect.

People say Yao is soft, but if Yao tries to take it agressively to the hole he gets whistled. He gets whistled running across the lane. He gets whistled just standing there with his arms up and the defender falls to the ground. He gets pushed, pulled, manhandled no call. If he does it on the other end he gets whistled for it.

He should get ejected on purpose. Might get more respect.

Kamnik
03-05-2009, 10:58 AM
Yao is a great player and a great guy... when he complains he complains for a reason.

Girasuck
03-05-2009, 11:07 AM
Listen...I was at the game last night and Yao got hammered all night long. It's nice to see that he's finally saying something, although it will probably come with a fine but I don't think he cares.

I'm a fan of Yao. He's one of my favorite non-Jazz players. He has a right to complain, not just because of last night but the trend I'm seeing over the last few weeks.

Kill_Bill_Pana
03-05-2009, 11:30 AM
Every game I have see of him he is clubbed all night long by other team, Refs is very unfair to him. Racist against him.

Cry Havoc
03-05-2009, 11:35 AM
Amazing how Shaq has had incredibly preferential treatment from the NBA for his entire career, while Duncan and Yao (two players that can actually hit from outside of 4 feet) have been jobbed by the refs for so long.

I guess that's what you get when you don't play in L.A., Chicago, or Boston.

mVp
03-05-2009, 11:42 AM
Yao gets no respect at all from anybody in the league... bout damn time he said something about it.

Kobulingam
03-05-2009, 11:56 AM
OMG Yao speaks better than Marion.

Pelicans78
03-05-2009, 12:12 PM
Last night was a travesty. Yao played really hard and the Jazz kept flopping.

Cry Havoc
03-05-2009, 12:17 PM
Last night was a travesty. Yao played really hard and the Jazz kept flopping.

If Yao played in L.A., I'm betting he'd average 28 & 13.

tlongII
03-05-2009, 12:32 PM
The same thing happens to Oden...

monosylab1k
03-05-2009, 12:33 PM

:lmao

-SpursHaveFourRings

Pelicans78
03-05-2009, 12:38 PM

Sean Marks too. That's why he can never stay on the floor

JoeTait75
03-05-2009, 12:40 PM

Sons, when Oden has been in the league as long as Yao and has accomplished what Yao has, he'll have a right to complain. God bless.

Cry Havoc
03-05-2009, 12:51 PM
The same thing happens to Oden in the four games in his career he's been healthy enough to play 40 minutes in.

koriwhat
03-05-2009, 12:55 PM

you're an idiot! oden can't even stay healthy enough to see floor time.

Indazone
03-05-2009, 01:49 PM
I hate to say this but Yao needs to send a message to the opposing team's defenders. He should just go up for a rebound and throw an elbow ala Deke. A few elbows to the head or chest, and I bet the defender would think twice about hacking, pulling or cheating.

pauls931
03-05-2009, 02:25 PM
Amazing how Shaq has had incredibly preferential treatment from the NBA for his entire career, while Duncan and Yao (two players that can actually hit from outside of 4 feet) have been jobbed by the refs for so long.

I guess that's what you get when you don't play in L.A., Chicago, or Boston.

You've got to be kidding. Duncan has only had 2 fouls called on him his entire career because I've seen him commit fouls twice and the look on his face was of total shock.

sook
03-05-2009, 02:36 PM
Listen...I was at the game last night and Yao got hammered all night long. It's nice to see that he's finally saying something, although it will probably come with a fine but I don't think he cares.

I'm a fan of Yao. He's one of my favorite non-Jazz players. He has a right to complain, not just because of last night but the trend I'm seeing over the last few weeks.

Yea and props for the win.

It is damn near impossible to beat the jazz at their place, they were clicking on all cylinders and Dwill uis just a stud...every big shot every dagger

Indazone
03-05-2009, 03:21 PM
Sook, now you see Yao is not soft. He gets screwed by the refs night in and night out. If he were allowed to play, he would dominate like no other player in the NBA.

Ghazi
03-05-2009, 03:25 PM
Pretty simple guy, the NBA's refs are racists.

Think about it.

The Whistles Kobes and Lebrons are marketable, they have the fat Nike contracts.

THE NBA is a business, it'll compromise competitive integrity for teh almighty dollar.

We saw this on display VERY vividly in the 2006 NBA Finals, when Zo was allowed to play Rugby in the paint and the Mavs couldn't breathe on D-Whistle the primadonna wheelchair bitch without getting a foul called.

Why? Shaq and Whistle are marketable, an unconventional german PF with a cast of borderline stars and role players is not.

It's a shame, it really is.

And Yao gets teh same treatment.

RACIST REFS!

Nation of Domination
03-05-2009, 03:45 PM
Yao Ming is a pussy. I hate that fact that he plays for my team. He crumbles under pressure and is the reason the Rockets cannot execute their offense in the fourth qtr. He plays Zero defense and is an embarrassing shot blocker and rebounder. He gives the entire team a soft label.

GuerillaBlack
03-05-2009, 03:50 PM
Yao Ming is a pussy. I hate that fact that he plays for my team. He crumbles under pressure and is the reason the Rockets cannot execute their offense in the fourth qtr. He plays Zero defense and is an embarrassing shot blocker and rebounder. He gives the entire team a soft label.

You're a dumbass sir.

Sportstudi
03-05-2009, 03:53 PM
Sook, now you see Yao is not soft. He gets screwed by the refs night in and night out. If he were allowed to play , he would dominate like no other player in the NBA.

Same to Nowitzki. I don't say he would dominate the NBA, but it's for sure the same case about respect from the refs. He doesn't get as much respect as other franchise players. He gets hacked evry game and barely gets a call. Thus defenders know they can hit Dirk consistently, because the refs won't charge it, respectively only once a while.

Sportstudi
03-05-2009, 03:58 PM
Pretty simple guy, the NBA's refs are racists.

Think about it.

The Whistles Kobes and Lebrons are marketable, they have the fat Nike contracts.

THE NBA is a business, it'll compromise competitive integrity for teh almighty dollar.

We saw this on display VERY vividly in the 2006 NBA Finals, when Zo was allowed to play Rugby in the paint and the Mavs couldn't breathe on D-Whistle the primadonna wheelchair bitch without getting a foul called.

Why? Shaq and Whistle are marketable, an unconventional german PF with a cast of borderline stars and role players is not.

It's a shame, it really is.

And Yao gets teh same treatment.

RACIST REFS!

Exactly, I mean the bold part. I wouldn't say the refs are racists, but I agree that's a question of marketing. Concerning Yao it's the same with Dirk. Dirk is not given the respect that most other stars would get with the same performance. But why? He is a lanky, white, tall European-guy who is shooting the three and using the jumpshot. Dirk ain't a screamer. Dirk ain't "tough." He has no street cred. He isn't a thug. He goes about his business the best he can. Dirk is "soft" and a "jump shooting big man".

One of the biggest problems for Dirk is he has the best of both worlds in terms of his game, size and skills, but that in turn gets him the worst of both worlds in terms of officiating. Perimeter players get a lot of touch foul calls. Post players have to be hammered to get a call. The undeserved problem with Dirk is he is physically a post player but he has a perimeter game. A touch foul makes a bigger difference when you are trying to score from 15 feet away. Getting hammered 2 feet away from the basket has less of an effect on a player. To say it plain and simple, Dirk is ahead of his time.

And about 2006 (taken from an article): The Miami Heat have Dwyane Wade, one of the best players in the NBA and People Magazine’s “50 Most Beautiful People.” The Heat have Pat Riley, the championship-winning Head Coach. The Heat have Shaquille O’Neal, and while he definitely won’t be mistaken for De Niro, the Big Malapropism is still the NBA’s Fonz. And yes, the Heat have the bright lights and beautiful people of South Beach.

The Dallas Mavericks best player, Dirk Nowitzki, is a lanky German that resembles Scooby-Doo’s Shaggy. The Mavericks Head Coach, Avery Johnson, sounds like he just inhaled a balloon-full of helium. The Mavericks Owner, Mark Cuban, is an ex-computer geek so uncool he makes Technology Kip look Fonz-like. And once again, Dallas’ backdrop ain’t got jack on Miami’s.

Based on marketability, that’s an easy pick. Right?

Dirk doesn't get arrested and hasn't been accused of anything besides being in the gym too much. Dirk isn't going to give many hot-sports-opinions about other players or get in many fights. Who is his main rival? Who truly despises Dirk. Simply: That isn't sexy for the media and thus they don't favour him and many fans have a bad impression of him.

Thus: Yao and Dirk have problems with the refs.

Sec24Row7
03-05-2009, 04:57 PM
Same to Nowitzki. I don't say he would dominate the NBA, but it's for sure the same case about respect from the refs. He doesn't get as much respect as other franchise players. He gets hacked evry game and barely gets a call. Thus defenders know they can hit Dirk consistently, because the refs won't charge it, respectively only once a while.

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

That's because he flails for no reason so much...