PDA

View Full Version : Yao: SHaq is not a flopper

Darthkiller
03-05-2009, 06:02 AM
"Yao also had five blocks despite playing with foul trouble most of the night. Two of his fouls were offensive, including the final one when Utah's Ronnie Brewer went crashing to the floor after a collision with Yao in the lane. Brewer pumped his fist before getting up and Yao angrily made his way to the bench.

"Every time a defender player is on the ground, even if he just wants to sit down and have a rest, it's my offensive foul," Yao said. "That's unfair."

Yao took one more verbal jab at the Jazz, saying he was looking forward to Friday's game against Shaquille O'Neal and the Phoenix Suns.

"I guess I don't need to worry about [a] flopper next game. I don't think Shaq's that type of player," Yao said."

hmm

Rogue
03-05-2009, 07:43 AM
"Every time a defender player is on the ground, even if he just wants to sit down and have a rest, it's my offensive foul," Yao said. "That's unfair."
"I guess I don't need to worry about [a] flopper next game. I don't think Shaq's that type of player," Yao said.

:lmao

1Parker1
03-05-2009, 08:49 AM
:lol @ Yao

Pelicans78
03-05-2009, 10:17 AM
Yao is right. The Jazz have the most floppers in the league in Okur, Kirilenko, etc. They were calling BS fouls on him last night.

turiaf for president
03-05-2009, 10:57 AM
yaos a bitch. he doesnt wanna anger shaq

JoeTait75
03-05-2009, 11:37 AM

Why would he?

Seems more like a smart move than a bitch move.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-05-2009, 12:12 PM
People complain about the calls LA and SA get at home but Utah gets by far the most calls at home. They are way below .500 on the road but 27-6 at home....sure teams are usually better at home but I don't buy that as the reason why their records are so different, they get so many calls at home, and it's just another thing Stern would rather tuck under the rug than deal.

turiaf for president
03-05-2009, 12:40 PM
Why would he?

Seems more like a smart move than a bitch move.

he has always backed down from confrontations. (ron artest comments in the summer, T mac altercation in the locker room).......

hes the best center in the league now. grow some balls and talk some smack to your opponents. shaq DID flop. for him to say he didnt or isnt a flopper was proven wrong by the game against the magic.

turiaf for president
03-05-2009, 12:40 PM
People complain about the calls LA and SA get at home but Utah gets by far the most calls at home. They are way below .500 on the road but 27-6 at home....sure teams are usually better at home but I don't buy that as the reason why their records are so different, they get so many calls at home, and it's just another thing Stern would rather tuck under the rug than deal.

+34232423

you can include the jail blazers in that category as well

Rapper
03-05-2009, 12:43 PM
Yao is right

Yao is by far the best bag man in the league except Timmy

RedsLakers24
03-05-2009, 12:53 PM
Yao is right

Bynum>Yao>Duncan

it's me
03-05-2009, 12:57 PM
Yao is right

Douche...... you mean??

Pelicans78
03-05-2009, 01:06 PM
Bynum>Yao>Duncan

R u serious?

RedsLakers24
03-05-2009, 01:09 PM
R u serious?

I was joking, i just want to get spurs fans mad, until i see that Bynum can get healthy he is no better than Oden at this point

monosylab1k
03-05-2009, 01:19 PM
People complain about the calls LA and SA get at home but Utah gets by far the most calls at home.

That's what happens when you get a bunch of clean-cut white boys that love Jesus and tell them to play like thugs. Refs ain't calling shit on them. The Jazz know what works. and the Spurs have 4 rings.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-05-2009, 01:24 PM
That's what happens when you get a bunch of clean-cut white boys that love Jesus and tell them to play like thugs. Refs ain't calling shit on them. The Jazz know what works. and the Spurs have 4 rings.

And they also have a crowd that loves Jesus and doesn't drink but is one of the craziest crowds in basketball.

PS - Do they serve alcohol at Jazz games?

PS again - 4 rings

angrydude
03-05-2009, 01:46 PM
yes.

and not everyone there doesn't drink.

TheMACHINE
03-05-2009, 02:11 PM
What? Utah flops?!

-Qy6iz3zyVk

a2FG1WAry08

Indazone
03-05-2009, 02:25 PM
What? Utah flops?!

-Qy6iz3zyVk

a2FG1WAry08

your sig looks like it's a tad nipply in there.

Tracy McGrady
03-05-2009, 02:32 PM
At least I don't flop!

Kai
03-05-2009, 02:43 PM
At least I don't flop!

Of course, you'd shatter a kneecap!

ChumpDumper
03-05-2009, 03:08 PM
I think Yao was being sarcastic. He's got a pretty solid deadpan delivery.

Tmac&Luther
03-05-2009, 05:54 PM

Yao has never had a problem playing against Shaq, even when he was a rookie. I guess you don't remember the "Kiss my ass" game. :rolleyes

turiaf for president
03-05-2009, 06:10 PM
Yao has never had a problem playing against Shaq, even when he was a rookie. I guess you don't remember the "Kiss my ass" game. :rolleyes

i said hes a bitch, not he plays like one. he's afraid of confrontations and doesnt wanna be in anyones bad side even if they were to step on his toes. yao has backed down from artest this offseason, and he has never retaliated when shaq was dissing him for getting the all star votes when shaq was in la. hes a great player but hes a bitch i dont know how to make it any more clear

dave
03-05-2009, 06:59 PM
i said hes a bitch, not he plays like one. he's afraid of confrontations and doesnt wanna be in anyones bad side even if they were to step on his toes. yao has backed down from artest this offseason, and he has never retaliated when shaq was dissing him for getting the all star votes when shaq was in la. hes a great player but hes a bitch i dont know how to make it any more clear

hes from communist china, probably played under a government program, what do you expect

robbie380
03-05-2009, 07:48 PM

when was there a confrontation between him and artest?

SynicFan
03-05-2009, 09:10 PM
Shaq may not be a flopper, but Yaoch is.

Yaoch cant hold Shaq's jock strap.

done...

and DUN.

write.that.down

Indazone
03-05-2009, 11:05 PM
hes from communist china, probably played under a government program, what do you expect

Actually before they came over, the President of China Hu Jintao told Yao to represent his country with honor because the eyes of the world were on you. To not disgrace his country. Besides, that Yao had the reputation even in China to not fight or be very agressive.

Yi on the other hand had the reputation of being a brawler in China. If you piss Yi off, he will lay down the smackdown.

Tmac&Luther
03-06-2009, 03:54 AM
when was there a confrontation between him and artest?

There was never a confrontation between them...la la fan is just talking out of his peter hole...if he even has one. (he's probably just one of those Prop 8 guys)

Oh BTW, the dumbass doesn't even know about the relationship (or friendship) that Yao and Shaq have.....Shaq has the upmost respect for Yao and Yao returns it (that's the whole reason why Yao said what he said). The Jackass thinks just because Yao was respectful to his friend that he is "scared" of Shaq....Yao gained Shaq's respect and friendship a long time ago, since Yao was a rookie who went toe to toe with him and has gone toe to toe with him (even outplaying him) ever since they've matched up.

Rogue
03-06-2009, 09:11 AM
Yao is right

nope, although yao is an idiot he is still not a bag man, nor is Timmy.

Yao is the third best big man on this planet, just behind Timmy and you who is the biggest man in the world. You're a giant... :lol remember how bad you son was puzzled?

Indazone
03-06-2009, 10:08 AM
I wonder how much Yao will be able to command in terms of salary when his contract is up. His contract is up in 2010 I believe. He is currently earning 80 million over 5 years and T-Mac's albatross contract of 100 million over 5 years is about to expire.

hater
03-06-2009, 10:09 AM
Yao hates anybody named Van Gundy

LnGrrrR
03-06-2009, 01:42 PM
There was never a confrontation between them...la la fan is just talking out of his peter hole...if he even has one. (he's probably just one of those Prop 8 guys)

So.. gay people don't have penises? Wow... I never knew...

Indazone
03-06-2009, 03:45 PM
This will be a great game. Shaq and Yao going Mano-E-Mano

No flopping! Just two giants going at each other.

mavs>spurs2
03-06-2009, 04:43 PM
nope, although yao is an idiot he is still not a bag man, nor is Timmy.

Yao is the third best big man on this planet, just behind Timmy and you who is the biggest man in the world. You're a giant... :lol remember how bad you son was puzzled?

:lmao

Indazone
03-06-2009, 05:53 PM
Friday March 6, 2009 2:54 PM
Clash Of The Titans

Yao and Shaq sound off on what it means to be a giant in the NBA

http://www.nba.com/media/rockets/content_preview0306.jpg
It's always a must-see event when Yao and Shaq renew acquaintances.

Jason Friedman
Rockets.com Staff Writer
Houston - In a league almost exclusively made up of super-sized men, there remain two who tower above them all: Yao Ming, the Rockets’ 7-6 soft-spoken giant with a heart of gold and Shaquille O’Neal, the loquacious and bodacious man of a thousand self-provided nicknames who has, somewhat incredibly, rediscovered his All-Star form in the desert.
But while their personalities couldn’t be more different, Yao and Shaq will forever be bound together by the jaw-dropping size and skill of their respective physiques. An understanding exists between the two of them that no one else in the league can share; for only the other can perfectly relate to what it means to be a giant among giants, and appreciate the nightly pounding and punishment absorbed as a result.

Interestingly enough, their latest confrontation takes place at a time when both have recently made headlines by voicing their displeasure at what they view as a league-wide double standard. On Wednesday, O’Neal lashed out at Orlando’s Stan Van Gundy (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3953133) after the Magic's head coach accused Shaq of flopping; a charge O'Neal took very seriously given his disdain for the art form which has become a blight on the NBA’s landscape.
Then later that night Yao sounded off in somewhat similar fashion after Houston’s loss to Utah (http://www.nba.com/rockets/news/Utahrsquos_Dynamic_Duo_Dooms-303601-34.html). Tired of feeling as if opponents could get away with mauling him simply because he’s bigger than everyone else, Yao made it known that he considered the officiating to be “unfair.”
All of this is nothing new, of course. Since the days of the great George Mikan, the true giants of the NBA have been forced to deal with the exact same thing. Yao and Shaq both know this. But that doesn’t mean they’ve resigned themselves to simply quietly accept their fate.
“It was put to me by a top NBA guy that they won’t take care of two people, and have 268 complain,” says O’Neal. “Because obviously if there’s 268 people complaining about two 7-foot, 300 pound guys they’re going to give them a little extra. Flopping has become a big concern, but I just take it as a sign of ultimate respect: [Like] ‘I can’t guard you. I’m just going to fall down and cry to the refs.’ And most of the time the refs believe it.”
“It’s always David and Goliath. The little man always gets it. Their thing is, ‘You’re big and strong, you can take it.’ But my point is a pinch feels the same to me as it feels to you. Like I always try to tell the referees: You guys make the rules up, so a foul is a foul. It doesn’t matter if a guy is bigger and stronger. It’s not my fault I ate my Frosted Flakes when I was little, while you ate Wheaties.
“Tonight there aint going to be none of that. It’ll be two powerful guys going at one another.”
Yao says he agrees with Shaq’s statement, but he thinks the Big Cactus is sending a subtle message with his strong words as well.
“I think the way he tried to do it is tell me don’t flop tonight," says Yao while laughing. "He set a trap right there.
“Honestly, I agree. They think the players who are above 300 pounds should be able to handle any hammer, any pressure, any foul, anything.”
Then Yao jokingly suggested his new goal for the future: “My weight can change. I can get down below 300 and see if the rules can be changed.”
But before he looks into Jenny Craig or Atkins, Yao will have his hands full with Shaq; a match-up Houston’s All-Star center says is “never easy.” For his part, the Diesel knows he’s in for a long night, too - just don’t try telling him it’s a one-on-one affair.
“It’s not going to be man-on-man, so don’t even try that,” says O’Neal with an incredulous laugh. “They’re going to double and triple me like everybody else. When I get the ball in the paint, there are going to be three guys there. I rarely get to play [ Yao] one-on-one. When I get the ball, Artest, Scola and Brooks will be down there. But when I play him (on defense), it’s just going to be me down there. So don’t try to make it a Yao versus Shaq thing, when it’s Shaq versus four other guys.
“I’m from the old school, I don’t want no help. If you’re going to roast me, roast me. The last guy who roasted me was Hakeem Olajuwon. So if you want to roast me, roast me, but I don’t want no help, no fronting, no gimmicks, no flopping.”
Then, on a dime and in classic Shaq fashion, O’Neal shifts gears and pays Yao the ultimate respect.
“He’s a great player who’s playing great and I look forward to playing against him. The guy is 7-9. There aint much you can do. You just have to try to make him work on offense and defense. But aint nobody going to stop him. You might block his shot a couple times, but he’s 7-9 with all the skills – inside, outside, you name it. So you just have to make him work. He’s a horse, but I’m a horse, too.”
Yao smiles when told of Shaq’s compliments. “I really feel honored that comes from him,” he says. But what will Yao do when, Shaq’s protestations aside, he actually does find himself one-on-one against O’Neal?
“I have my way to try to stop him,” says Yao with a mischievous grin. “And I have Deke backing me up who has the most experience against him. He gave me a lot of tips.”
Such as?
“Foul him.”
Notice he said foul, not flop. And that brings up a key point: There will be plenty of punishment both given and received by these two bohemoths Friday night. But when the game is over and the bruises subside, the only marks which will remain are those of respect and a common path shared.
Such are the ties that bind.

Here we go :tu

Indazone
03-06-2009, 06:04 PM
http://www.click2houston.com/video/18869924/index.html

Props to Shaq for telling it like it is.