PDA

View Full Version : Random thoughts from Mavs/Spurs game - Live perspective

SenorSpur
03-05-2009, 08:30 AM
Some random thoughts from attending Mavs/Spurs game.

Game Presentation:

A spoofed rendition of the old Willle Nelson song, "Mama Don't Let Your Babies Grow Up to be Cowboys". Insert the words "Spurs Fans" and you'll have the spoof.

The overweight fat guys dance troupe, gyrating at center court to MC Hammer songs, during timeouts, (and yes, they do have groupies).

The individual player highlight segments spun to disco tunes during timeouts. All of which cause players to pay more attention to the jumbotron than listening to what Coach Carlisle is saying.

A shot of the in-game PA announcer, "Humble" Billy Hayes, on the jumbotron, as he rises from his seat and implores the crowd to stand and cheer.

I've been fortunate enough to attend many a Spurs road game in various other NBA cities across the league. Without a doubt, the Mavs have one of the most painfully forced, overproduced, in-game presentations of any NBA team. Cuban has truly outdone himself by overselling his underachieving product to his fans. Like everything else about the Mavs organization, it's long on sizzle, yet low on substance.

As far as the game itself:

Roger Mason is the "bleeping" truth. I heard many a nearby Mavs fan shout something like "who is this guy?" or "why didn't the Mavs sign this guy?"

Tony Parker wowed the partisan crowd with his quickness and offensive brilliance.

Pop continues to relegate George Hill to a glorified SG, as he leans more on Mason as a backup PG. Hill's minutes appear to be down, along with his opportunities to run the offense.

Malik Hairston has really, quick reactions to the ball and really, quick feet. He may have already moved ahead of Ime Udoka in the rotation.

The Mavs produced an inspired performance. Their defensive pressure was very good - especially Erick Dampier on Duncan. The game itself had an almost playoff-like feel - at least for them.

Jason Terry is still a self-promoting douche'. No player panders to the crowd or the cameras more than this guy.

Despite another poor offensive showing from Michael Finley, Pop simply refuses to reduce his minutes. In fact, he leaned on him as an early primary defender on Josh Howard. Obviously, it did no good. Because Howard is notoriously famous for his hot starts, I thought Pop should've used Bowen earlier on him. I will give Finley credit for having active hands, bending his knees and moving his feet better than I've seen from him.

It was obvious that Joey Crawford still has an axe to grind with the Spurs, especially Tim Duncan. Crawford allowed the Mavs to virtually mug him in the paint, much to Duncan's frustration. As much as Matt Bonner couldn't get away with being physical with Dirk on the perimeter, Dampier and others were allowed to swipe, swat, check and push Duncan off the block and off his sweet areas. The offensive load seemed to be taxing on Duncan. We should all feel fortunate that some measure of frontcourt is on the way, in the form of Drew Gooden.

One last thing. Seeing our boys walk onto the court in their familiar home white uniforms, I had to look around to make sure I hadn't accidentally driven all the way to the AT&T Center in San Antonio. I can only imagine how confusing it must look to an unfamiliar NBA fan, who is tunes is and is accustomed to the home team ALWAYS wearing white uniforms.

Brazil
03-05-2009, 08:38 AM
Nice reading Senor ! Pop is very difficult to understand : why this love for fin ? why not letting Georgie play the point ? why bowen with such few minutes to play ? why mase as a back up PG ? why ? why ? why ?

urunobili
03-05-2009, 08:49 AM
why ? why ? why ?

http://www.desktoprating.com/wallpapers/movies-wallpapers-pictures/agent-smith-movie-wallpaper-800x600.jpg

m33p0
03-05-2009, 08:50 AM
Malik Hairston has really, quick reactions to the ball and really, quick feet. He may have already moved ahead of Ime Udoka in the rotation.
i sure hope so.

nice read, btw. thanks for sharing.

urunobili
03-05-2009, 08:53 AM
Now getting more seriuos.. thanks for your impressions Seņor Spur...

Jason Terry is still a self-promoting douche'. No player panders to the crowd or the cameras more than this guy.

Did you see his celebration after Duncan's missed free throw? we're talking about one of the biggest douchebags in this league... with karma like that around the Mavs will never get one trophy...

It was obvious that Joey Crawford still has an axe to grind with the Spurs, especially Tim Duncan. Crawford allowed the Mavs to virtually mug him in the paint, much to Duncan's frustration. As much as Matt Bonner couldn't get away with being physical with Dirk on the perimeter, Dampier and others were allowed to swipe, swat, check and push Duncan off the block and off his sweet areas. The offensive load seemed to be taxing on Duncan. We should all feel fortunate that some measure of frontcourt is on the way, in the form of Drew Gooden.
It was pathetic to see Bonner get penalized like he did when they let them do to Duncan whatever they wanted.. the Spurs should file a request to the NBA not to have the referee assigned anymore... it's getting a lil too obvious...

sonic21
03-05-2009, 08:53 AM
nice read :tu

sonic21
03-05-2009, 08:56 AM
Malik Hairstonhas really, quick reactions to the ball and really, quick feet. He may have already moved ahead of Ime Udokain the rotation.

let's hope that'll be true in the playoffs.

MaNu4Tres
03-05-2009, 08:58 AM
Nice reading Senor ! Pop is very difficult to understand : why this love for fin ? why not letting Georgie play the point ? why bowen with such few minutes to play ? why mase as a back up PG ? why ? why ? why ?

Jeff Van Gundy and the crew explained why Pop is flirting with the idea of Mason at back up point. They said Pop needs to know if Mason can handle back up pg duties because Mason can spread the floor better at back up pg than hill and that Mason causes more problems for defenses if he is used at back up pg spot. Plus it gives the Spurs better shooters around Tim when hes at the back up PG spot. Its obvious. And I agree with this idea especially against teams with star wing players because then it gives Bowen more minutes on the floor.

Brazil
03-05-2009, 09:11 AM
Jeff Van Gundy and the crew explained why Pop is flirting with the idea of Mason at back up point. They said Pop needs to know if Mason can handle back up pg duties because Mason can spread the floor better at back up pg than hill and that Mason causes more problems for defenses if he is used at back up pg spot. Plus it gives the Spurs better shooters around Tim when hes at the back up PG spot. Its obvious. And I agree with this idea especially against teams with star wing players because then it gives Bowen more minutes on the floor.

yeah but so far no extra minutes for Bowen, result the lack of Hill D intensity is not counter balanced.

While I agree Mason causes more problems for defenses, he is a liability in this position in terms of ball movements and TOs.

Spursmania
03-05-2009, 09:13 AM
Nice read and agree with all thus far being said, especially that Jason Terry is a douchebag and Queen Crawford is pathetic.

SenorSpur
03-05-2009, 09:22 AM
The Spurs had several defensive breakdowns where they allowed various Mavs players to drive uncontested to the hoop with little to no resistance. It was really surprising to see a Spurs team have these repeated breakdowns.

Mal
03-05-2009, 09:39 AM
Fuck, I didn`t see the game, but if refs were doing what you`re writing, Stern should rather go blow himself.

Slippy
03-05-2009, 09:44 AM
The overweight fat guys dance troupe, gyrating at center court to MC Hammer songs, during timeouts, (and yes, they do have groupies).

What the hell was that.:lol ESPN showed them doing a lame retro Rick Astley dance. Can't remember what the music was. Only mascots like the coyote should be dancing like that.

Hope this is not a sign of things to come in NBA arenas.. Next thing, they will replace cheerleaders. :wow

MaNu4Tres
03-05-2009, 09:46 AM
While I agree Mason causes more problems for defenses, he is a liability in this position in terms of ball movements and TOs.

Ball movement no. Turnovers maybe.

MoSpur
03-05-2009, 09:57 AM
I will never understand Pop giving more minutes to Finley than Bowen or Hairston

Spurminator
03-05-2009, 09:59 AM
The Mavs just made plays. When they are getting "A" games from Dirk, Kidd, Howard and Terry, it's hard for any team to beat them. The Spurs definitely had chances but the interior defense was weak and some of the shots they needed just didn't fall for them.

An unfortunate loss but nothing to lose sleep over. The Mavs desperately needed this win and they responded. Props.

Rogue
03-05-2009, 10:03 AM
Fuck, I didn`t see the game, but if refs were doing what you`re writing, Stern should rather go blow himself.
a lose is a lose, there's no need to find any excuse for it. It's just a regular season game anyway. spurs are still standing on the 2nd place in the west, though are just 3.5 up over the playoff line.

Shank
03-05-2009, 10:10 AM
The AAC/Mavs games are one of the top-rated venues, as far as in-game entertainment and environment, in all of the NBA. Someone will post this dumb crap after every game attended, but that does little to dispute the fact that it's a fun environment for families and newcomers to attend.

Spurminator
03-05-2009, 10:14 AM
As much as the AAC presentation annoys me, it's clearly made some kind of impression on whoever handles the Spurs in-game entertainment/promotions.

G-Nob
03-05-2009, 10:17 AM
Interesting, observations, Senor!
I live in dallas and attend mavs games all the time and there is no in-game production more overdone than what the mavs have. Its pathetic. When you go to a mavs game that isn't nationally televised and they are playing a sub-par team, there's no fire, no maniaacs, no mid-court drum line. Its forced and cheesy and its all Cuban...

1. I've seen mark cuban get up out of his seat and run over to the PA guy and cuss him out for not revving up the crowd enough. In turn this makes the PA scream to the top of his lungs to a rediculous decibel.
2. Cuban will look up at the jumbotron immediately following a play and scream at the replay guy to replay it. If he doesn't do it quick enough, cuban will shake his head in disgust at him.
3. Cuban will stand up and get everyone around him to stand up when there is a lull in the game and make everyone start clapping when all people want to do is sit there and then he loses steam and then no one will sit down until he sits down.

Sheep follow sheep and he's got them all trained.

Shank
03-05-2009, 10:21 AM
You attend Mavs games all the time? Why?

And were you there last night? If so, Mark Cuban thanks you for paying to watch your team lose.

You guys can all turn your noses up at the in-game presentation, but it's one of the better products running. Sorry if you'd rather have silence during the game, but that's not what it's about for the paying fan.

Lastly, if you don't like what you see and hear at Mavs games - stay home and watch it on TV for free. It's that simple AND you don't have to run to the Internet to bitch about it.

Spurminator
03-05-2009, 10:27 AM
You guys can all turn your noses up at the in-game presentation, but it's one of the better products running. Sorry if you'd rather have silence during the game, but that's not what it's about for the paying fan.

:rolleyes

Are you really telling me you like Chris Arnold, Billy Hayes and the constant parade of sponsored gimmicks during every break?

Come on man, you can be a Mavs homer and still admit that the AAC gets a little circus-like.

Lastly, if you don't like what you see and hear at Mavs games - stay home and watch it on TV for free. It's that simple AND you don't have to run to the Internet to bitch about it.

Yeah but then we have to listen to Bob Ortegal.

urunobili
03-05-2009, 10:27 AM
You attend Mavs games all the time? Why? some spurs fans live in Dallas and the only chance they get to see their team is there douchebag

And were you there last night? If so, Mark Cuban thanks you for paying to watch your team lose.

The ticket it's just worth by being there on a Spurs jersey... inside that arena and with full of fucking losers that never saw their team NBA champion and envy the Spurs and wanna be like them? that's priceless dude

:lmao oh dude... better products out there? :lmao

again you fucking idiot... it's more fun being there pissing Mavs fans than the actual game, u get it or i need to be even more clear?

dude1394
03-05-2009, 10:29 AM
I hope all of the spurs fans that were in the arena last night had as much fun as you did. Good grief what a whine.

G-Nob
03-05-2009, 10:29 AM
Look here, Kenny Powers. There are two things that piss me off. A mavs fan and a mavs fan with aids. Enjoy your last 6 months.

I'm a spus fan in mavs-ville. I went to the game because guess what, genius, the spurs get that money too. Its called revenue sharing, dumbass!

An in-game presentation is supposed to rev up the crowd and take advantage of home-court. Nothing wrong with that. The AAC is over the top loud that would rival a 747 engine. Its all overdone and the bang-to-hype ratio is blown completely out of porportion.

Spursmania
03-05-2009, 10:31 AM

This is Spurstalk where we celebrate, commiserate, and yes we are happy to bitch about many things especially shitty productions and Mark Cuban. What do you expect, it's a Spurstalk site. Now you don't want him to attend games because his opinion of the arena is that it sucks and is cheesy.
Get realll!!:lmao:lmao

Shank
03-05-2009, 10:41 AM
some spurs fans live in Dallas and the only chance they get to see their team is there douchebag

The ticket it's just worth by being there on a Spurs jersey... inside that arena and with full of fucking losers that never saw their team NBA champion and envy the Spurs and wanna be like them? that's priceless dude

:lmao oh dude... better products out there? :lmao

again you fucking idiot... it's more fun being there pissing Mavs fans than the actual game, u get it or i need to be even more clear?

Thanks for your response, you third-world-country-living cunt.

To clarify - he said he attended games "all the time". Get that? All the time. Not - "just the Spurs games" - but, all the time. Once again - all the time.

You, as most Spursfans do, have your head so far up your own fucking ass to think that the casual fan is going to "envy" you. They don't envy you. YOU don't have a fucking thing. No one at a game is going to ask to see your championship ring because YOU don't actually have one. YOU, attending the game in a Spurs jersey, don't get shit and no one is going to fawn over you being in the same building with a bunch of Mavs fans. I know you assholes like to think this way - but it's not reality. Delusional idiot.

And yes - one of the better products out there. The NBA does polling and has reps attend games throughout the year and gives ratings to the market near the conclusion of the season. The Mavs have been near the top of this list for in-game production for a while now.

You say it's more fun being there to mock Mavs fans? What kind of shit is that? You're admitting you're not even a REAL fan of your own team - that you'd rather promote your laundry than the actual product. So what, if I pull out a Celtics jersey does that shut you up? It must, seeing as you've resorted to playing the rock-paper-scissors of who owns the more-important replica jersey.

Do they teach communication and logical thought where you live? Or is it all just how to fuck goats? Maybe if you were a REAL fan of your team, you'd be like some of the level-headed others and just take the loss and move on.

Shank
03-05-2009, 10:43 AM
Look here, Kenny Powers. There are two things that piss me off. A mavs fan and a mavs fan with aids. Enjoy your last 6 months.

Ah - an AIDS insult. Clever. I had an uncle that actually died of AIDS, so I know firsthand how it can effect an individual and a family. But hey - if you want to make jokes about it, go right ahead.

G-Nob
03-05-2009, 10:54 AM
Why do you come to a spurs forum to bag on spurs fans for attending spurs games that aren't in san antonio? Or that bitch about their team? Makes no sense. Oh, and to answer your question, the only reason I go "all the time" is because I have a mini-plan to purchase all-star priority for 2010. I have a wife thats a mavs fan and its more fun to root for the other team when I go.
Oh, and sorry for the aids comment.

ohmwrecker
03-05-2009, 11:02 AM
What a douchebag.

SenorSpur
03-05-2009, 11:06 AM

Don't get it twisted and don't flatter yourself. The ONLY time I attend a Mavs game is when the Spurs are in town. That's why I can comment on the presentation because I'm immune to it all. And if you don't like the thread, don't read it.

HORNSWOGGLE
03-05-2009, 11:08 AM
:lol
he sound so though when he cusses in his posts

Shank
03-05-2009, 11:09 AM
And if you don't like the thread, don't read it.

And if you don't like the way the games are presented, don't go.

Shank
03-05-2009, 11:09 AM
:lol
he sound so though when he cusses in his posts

And you are?

SenorSpur
03-05-2009, 11:10 AM

To clarify - he said he attended games "all the time". Get that? All the time. Not - "just the Spurs games" - but, all the time. Once again - all the time. .

You read wrong, Mary Lou. I only attend Spurs games - in Dallas and in other NBA cities.

I thought I gave the Mavs props for their inspired effort and play last night. In your attempt at hot-headednees, it's possible that you may have missed that too.

urunobili
03-05-2009, 11:11 AM
Thanks for your response, you third-world-country-living cunt. time to get over yourself fucktard.. Being American is no longer what it used to be and yes i live in a third world country, but i doubt you and all your family together have been to as many places as i have ONLY in the US

To clarify - he said he attended games "all the time". Get that? All the time. Not - "just the Spurs games" - but, all the time. Once again - all the time. dude.. when i am in Dallas i go to the AAC every time i can.. i am not only a Spur fan but i love basketball too... plus Dirk is worth a ticket and again... being there in a Spurs jersey... priceless...

You, as most Spursfans do, have your head so far up your own fucking ass to think that the casual fan is going to "envy" you. They don't envy you. YOU don't have a fucking thing. No one at a game is going to ask to see your championship ring because YOU don't actually have one. YOU, attending the game in a Spurs jersey, don't get shit and no one is going to fawn over you being in the same building with a bunch of Mavs fans. I know you assholes like to think this way - but it's not reality. Delusional idiot.

:lmao... after 90 % of the rest of NBA fans live what we live year after year your post would make more sense... i don;t blame you for being in denial...

And yes - one of the better products out there. The NBA does polling and has reps attend games throughout the year and gives ratings to the market near the conclusion of the season. The Mavs have been near the top of this list for in-game production for a while now.

"near" the top doesn't make you the best show out there... you're not even the best show in town dude... last time i checked that was the Dallas Cowboys...

You say it's more fun being there to mock Mavs fans? What kind of shit is that? You're admitting you're not even a REAL fan of your own team - that you'd rather promote your laundry than the actual product. So what, if I pull out a Celtics jersey does that shut you up? It must, seeing as you've resorted to playing the rock-paper-scissors of who owns the more-important replica jersey.

First and foremost... I don't need to explain you nor anyone else in this world what i have done to see my Spurs on several occasions in my life... that makes me a fan not even posting here gets that done bitch... secondly, Mav fans are classless and envious that's why it's a joy to be there with my Spurs clothing... the fucking douchebag can't stand it even in the streets and they may threaten you physically just for the sake.. not even in PHX they have this sense of envy dude.. at least the people in the streets there laugh... don't get me wrong i LOVE Dallas people... but the Maverick fans are the most pathetic on any sports franchise in the world... until Cuban is gone... i will have ZERO respect for them ZERO...

Do they teach communication and logical thought where you live? Or is it all just how to fuck goats? Maybe if you were a REAL fan of your team, you'd be like some of the level-headed others and just take the loss and move on.
:lmao how about a degree in communication sciences bitch? why do you think i fucking get paid by a Dallas company on a monthly basis to show them them my reports and do some sales as well? again... i don't need to show you my fan credentials but you know how this finishes... 4 rings faggot! :lol

Agloco
03-05-2009, 11:11 AM
As I see it, all of the controversy regarding Bowen, Finley and Hairston is strange. I'm still not seeing how Bruce isn't a starter. It's not like he was starting, played like crap, then lost his job. No. He started the season buried on the bench. Conventional wisdom told us that Pop was saving him for the playoffs. But......

It's a shame to see Bruce's role so limited. They need to begin starting him. ASAFP. Hopefully he will develop some kind of defensive rhythm before the playoffs begin.

HORNSWOGGLE
03-05-2009, 11:13 AM
And you are?
someone who doesnt try to act like an internet tough guy :rollin:rollin

SenorSpur
03-05-2009, 11:14 AM
And if you don't like the way the games are presented, don't go.

And if you're can't take the criticism of your team or your organization in this forum, try going to the Mavs fan forum.

Shank
03-05-2009, 11:34 AM
And if you're can't take the criticism of your team or your organization in this forum, try going to the Mavs fan forum.

Then why even talk about the Mavs if this is such a supposedly hardcore Spurs forum? Why even bring it up unless you think it's a vacuum where no Mavs fans can respond? If everything Mavs-related is so beneath Spursfan, then let it go and just ignore the rest of us.

Shank
03-05-2009, 11:36 AM
time to get over yourself fucktard.. Being American is no longer what it used to be and yes i live in a third world country, but i doubt you and all your family together have been to as many places as i have ONLY in the US

dude.. when i am in Dallas i go to the AAC every time i can.. i am not only a Spur fan but i love basketball too... plus Dirk is worth a ticket and again... being there in a Spurs jersey... priceless...

:lmao... after 90 % of the rest of NBA fans live what we live year after year your post would make more sense... i don;t blame you for being in denial...

"near" the top doesn't make you the best show out there... you're not even the best show in town dude... last time i checked that was the Dallas Cowboys...

First and foremost... I don't need to explain you nor anyone else in this world what i have done to see my Spurs on several occasions in my life... that makes me a fan not even posting here gets that done bitch... secondly, Mav fans are classless and envious that's why it's a joy to be there with my Spurs clothing... the fucking douchebag can't stand it even in the streets and they may threaten you physically just for the sake.. not even in PHX they have this sense of envy dude.. at least the people in the streets there laugh... don't get me wrong i LOVE Dallas people... but the Maverick fans are the most pathetic on any sports franchise in the world... until Cuban is gone... i will have ZERO respect for them ZERO...

:lmao how about a degree in communication sciences bitch? why do you think i fucking get paid by a Dallas company on a monthly basis to show them them my reports and do some sales as well? again... i don't need to show you my fan credentials but you know how this finishes... 4 rings faggot! :lol

I'd respond to all of your retorts, but there's no need. You're not even a real Spurs fan. You'd rather wear the jersey and shout "4 rings".

G-Nob
03-05-2009, 11:37 AM
I'd respond to all of your retorts, but there's no need. You're not even a real Spurs fan. You'd rather wear the jersey and shout "4 rings".

I think we've earned it.

urunobili
03-05-2009, 11:39 AM

You're not responding because you have nothing :loser

The Truth #6
03-05-2009, 11:40 AM
Great observations. Pop can't help with his experimentations. I imagine it must confuse the players at times.

Shank
03-05-2009, 11:40 AM
I think we've earned it.

YOU, as a FAN, haven't earned shit. Unless you were out there practicing every day and busting your ass on the bench to get the title, YOU haven't done a damn thing but watch games and follow boxscores. And until YOU can provide a championship ring from your pocket, it might be best to take a step back and realize that YOU had ZERO to do with the 4 titles.

Shank
03-05-2009, 11:41 AM
You're not responding because you have nothing :loser

Unlike your ITT degree.

urunobili
03-05-2009, 11:43 AM
Unlike your ITT degree.

:owned:

Shank
03-05-2009, 11:45 AM
:

What's it like to be a wannabe Spurs fan? I wonder if everyone else around here mocks you for how fake you are.

SenorSpur
03-05-2009, 11:46 AM
Then why even talk about the Mavs if this is such a supposedly hardcore Spurs forum? Why even bring it up unless you think it's a vacuum where no Mavs fans can respond? If everything Mavs-related is so beneath Spursfan, then let it go and just ignore the rest of us.

You seem to forget that this is a Spurs forum where all manner of subjects, native to our team or opponents, will be bantered back and forth. Before you bothered to chime in, you should've realized that your retaliatory comments would be returned with similar venom.

For the record, consider yourself ignored.

urunobili
03-05-2009, 11:47 AM
What's it like to be a wannabe Spurs fan? I wonder if everyone else around here mocks you for how fake you are.

http://www.llbbl.com/data/RPG-motivational/images/denial.jpg

Shank
03-05-2009, 11:47 AM
Good one.

Shank
03-05-2009, 11:49 AM
Waiting for urunobili to feverishly work to fix his broken image link...

urunobili
03-05-2009, 11:49 AM
Waiting for urunobili to feverishly work to fix his broken image link...

http://www.slublog.com/archives/denial.jpg

G-Nob
03-05-2009, 11:51 AM
YOU, as a FAN, haven't earned shit. Unless you were out there practicing every day and busting your ass on the bench to get the title, YOU haven't done a damn thing but watch games and follow boxscores. And until YOU can provide a championship ring from your pocket, it might be best to take a step back and realize that YOU had ZERO to do with the 4 titles.

Yes I have. I was there in 1988 & 1996. Suffered through the most embarrasing years to be a spurs fan. I'm sorry but thats all I have to go on. I can't help it that we've only missed the playoffs 5 times in 30 years.

Shank
03-05-2009, 11:53 AM
Yes I have. I was there in 1988 & 1996. Suffered through the most embarrasing years to be a spurs fan. I'm sorry but thats all I have to go on. I can't help it that we've only missed the playoffs 5 times in 30 years.

Cool. Can I see your ring?

G-Nob
03-05-2009, 11:55 AM
Cool. Can I see your ring?

Yes you can see all four of them. But I know you'd rather see my cock ring.

Shank
03-05-2009, 11:58 AM
Yes you can see all four of them. But I know you'd rather see my cock ring.

Oooooh...good comeback. Sorry you had to stray there because you didn't have an answer for the original question. It's also sorry to read you can't keep it up so you have to necessitate the purchase of a cock ring.

Again - can I see the ring you "earned" as a "fan"?

Agloco
03-05-2009, 12:01 PM
Oooooh...good comeback. Sorry you had to stray there because you didn't have an answer for the original question. It's also sorry to read you can't keep it up so you have to necessitate the purchase of a cock ring.

Again - can I see the ring you "earned" as a "fan"?

As a fan, I help pay the players salaries. So yes, they're our rings by proxy, if not by direct ownership.

mazerrackham
03-05-2009, 12:06 PM

This is probably the lamest attempt I've seen at trying to discount the championships the Spurs have one. No fan has that kind of impact on their team winning a champion. We could say the same thing about you if your team had one a championship, but they haven't, and the fact remains that we cheer for a team that does consistently better than the Mavericks.

ohmwrecker
03-05-2009, 12:32 PM
urunobili? Is that supposed to be funny? I don't get it.

urunobili
03-05-2009, 12:33 PM
urunobili? Is that supposed to be funny? I don't get it.

which post are you referring to?

monosylab1k
03-05-2009, 12:53 PM
Yeah but then we have to listen to Bob Ortegal.

Ain't nothin wrong with Bob Ortegal. He's one of the least homer-ish color guys out there.

spurs have 4 rings

monosylab1k
03-05-2009, 12:56 PM
You guys can all turn your noses up at the in-game presentation, but it's one of the better products running.

Then they should advertise it as FAMILY FUN NIGHT AT THE AAC!!!!!*

*a basketball game featuring a mediocre team will be played, pay attention if you care. spurs have 4 rings

Shank
03-05-2009, 12:56 PM
As a fan, I help pay the players salaries. So yes, they're our rings by proxy, if not by direct ownership.

Cool. So, I'm 30 and have been attending games since I was 6 or so.

By proxy, 24 rings, bitches!

Buddy Holly
03-05-2009, 12:59 PM
So you need to see fictional rings in order to understand the Spurs have won four titles and fans are very proud of that fact?

The fans of the Spurs (or any team) are an extension of the team themselves.

So please take the stick out of your ass because someone bashed the in game entertainment at your arena. Really, you get PMS from that? Your life must really suck of that sends you into a "I'll quote every one of your posts and give a thorough reply" type fit.

monosylab1k
03-05-2009, 01:02 PM
So you need to see fictional rings in order to understand the Spurs have won four titles and fans are very proud of that fact?

Wait.....what? The Spurs have won 4 titles?

Buddy Holly
03-05-2009, 01:06 PM
Wait.....what? The Spurs have won 4 titles?

Yep and I don't need rings to prove it, or do I? :lol

dirk4mvp
03-05-2009, 01:16 PM
Spur fans are so proud that they have to tell every team's fans they beat about them? At least you can't run that smack to buck fans.

Buddy Holly
03-05-2009, 01:19 PM
Spur fans are so proud that they have to tell every team's fans they beat about them? At least you can't run that smack to buck fans.

:wow

dirk4mvp
03-05-2009, 01:20 PM
http://www.mcfls.org/shorewood/BucksReading/buckslogo.gif

they may not have 4 rings like the spurs, but they are better.

Agloco
03-05-2009, 01:22 PM

Because we all know how the Bucks have PWNED the Spurs during the regular season......

Logic befitting a Mavs fan. :lol:lol

dirk4mvp
03-05-2009, 01:23 PM
Because we all know how the Bucks have PWNED the Spurs during the regular season......

Logic befitting a Mavs fan. :lol:lol

Shouldn't you be polishing the rings that you've earned. After all, you own 4 of them.

monosylab1k
03-05-2009, 01:26 PM
Shouldn't you be polishing the rings that you've earned. After all, you own 4 of them.

I wonder how they get their rings? Do they give them out at home games? Do you sign up online as a Spurs Super Fan and get a championship ring? Are they stored in the basement of the Alamo? How many forms of ID do you need?

These questions need to be answered by a Spurs fan who possesses 4 rings given to him by the San Antonio Spurs.

Buddy Holly
03-05-2009, 01:35 PM
http://www.mcfls.org/shorewood/BucksReading/buckslogo.gif

they may not have 4 rings like the spurs, but they are better.

dirk4mvp
03-05-2009, 01:42 PM
I wonder how they get their rings? Do they give them out at home games? Do you sign up online as a Spurs Super Fan and get a championship ring? Are they stored in the basement of the Alamo? How many forms of ID do you need?

These questions need to be answered by a Spurs fan who possesses 4 rings given to him by the San Antonio Spurs.

I think that fans should only get rings if they are able to sell out WCF games, since the fans pay for the rings anyway. So in reality, spurs have less rings than they want us to believe, which is currently 4.

Agloco
03-05-2009, 01:46 PM

Multitasking.......

Although I admit it does get hard with so many rings to clean.

Agloco
03-05-2009, 01:50 PM
I think that fans should only get rings if they are able to sell out WCF games, since the fans pay for the rings anyway. So in reality, spurs have less rings than they want us to believe, which is currently 4.

A well known glitch in the ticket distribution pipeline. The seats were eventually filled before games end.

Currently 4? I sense that you believe that they might be good for another, in which event I might need a bigger object to clean my rings with. That WC Champs banner in the AAC would do nicely.....

dirk4mvp
03-05-2009, 01:51 PM
Multitasking.......

Although I admit it does get hard with so many rings to clean.

I admire your time management skills.

dirk4mvp
03-05-2009, 01:52 PM
A well known glitch in the ticket distribution pipeline. The seats were eventually filled before games end.

Currently 4? I sense that you believe that they might be good for another, in which event I might need a bigger object to clean my rings with. That WC Champs banner in the AAC would do nicely.....

If that's what you believe.

also I wouldn't count on your ring 5 coming anytime soon if the Bucks make the Finals.

dirk4mvp
03-05-2009, 01:56 PM
spurs 4 rings.

Agloco
03-05-2009, 02:02 PM
I admire your time management skills.

I appreciate that. Seriously, I do......:rolleyes

If that's what you believe.

also I wouldn't count on your ring 5 coming anytime soon if the Bucks make the Finals.

It's what I know given that a few of my friends work closely with Spurs marketing.

I think I'm safe to keep on counting.....

dirk4mvp
03-05-2009, 02:02 PM
Spurs are 4 time champions of the nba.

dirk4mvp
03-05-2009, 02:03 PM
I appreciate that. Seriously, I do......

It's what I know given that a few of my friends work closely with Spurs marketing.

I think I'm safe to keep on counting.....

I appreciate San Antonio making every other city in america look fit.

yeah I bet that's it.

Bucks own the spurs.

urunobili
03-05-2009, 02:03 PM

You're about to earn the prize of being the biggest ass kisser of the board... keep up with the good work :tu

Agloco
03-05-2009, 02:04 PM

Mavs are one time champions of the Western Conference.

There, it's been said....you win. :toast

dirk4mvp
03-05-2009, 02:05 PM
You're about to earn the prize of being the biggest ass kisser of the board... keep up with the good work :tu

That beats the shit out of being from that shitpile of a country you live in.

Agloco
03-05-2009, 02:05 PM
I appreciate San Antonio making every other city in america look fit.

yeah I bet that's it.

Bucks own the spurs.

Mavs are one time champions of the Western Conference.

There, it's been said....you win. :toast

OH AND BUCKS OWN THE SPURS.......

Fixed.

dirk4mvp
03-05-2009, 02:09 PM
Reading obviously isn't your forte.

dirk4mvp
03-05-2009, 02:10 PM
Total burn!

urunobili
03-05-2009, 02:11 PM

dude... question... you being born in american soil makes you more AMERICAN than me? :lmao

I doubt you even know where this pileshit country is if i take the average american geography knowledge into account... :lol

Agloco
03-05-2009, 02:14 PM

DALLAS MAVERICKS - ONE OF THE BETTER PRODUCTS RUNNING!!!!!

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a212/corndog7/gaymavs.jpg

Agloco
03-05-2009, 02:15 PM
Reading obviously isn't your forte.

And trolling isn't yours.....

smeagol
03-05-2009, 02:17 PM

Country smack . . .

Ahhh . . . :tu

Shank
03-05-2009, 02:17 PM
In-game presentation smack.

Ahhh...

Agloco
03-05-2009, 02:20 PM

Ahhh...

Shit talk must start somewhere. Might as well start there.....

But it ends here.....sorry.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19xH1gNWxt4&feature=related

urunobili
03-05-2009, 02:21 PM

Mavs fans class full fledged! :lmao

smeagol
03-05-2009, 02:22 PM
Mavs fans getting their panties in a bunch because someone said something they did not like about the quality of the entertainment at the AAC :cry

Ironic this crying is done on a Spurs forum . . .

smeagol
03-05-2009, 02:23 PM

Ahhh...

That was not smack.

You are over sensitive about the subject.

Shank
03-05-2009, 02:27 PM
Mavs fans class full fledged! :lmao

Running water is badass.

dirk4mvp
03-05-2009, 02:29 PM
Running water is badass.

:lmao :lmao

Agloco
03-05-2009, 02:29 PM
Running water is badass.

So is cleaning championship rings.

urunobili
03-05-2009, 02:33 PM
Running water is badass.

:lmao :lmao

http://www.myconfinedspace.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/1188096596016.gif

ClingingMars
03-05-2009, 02:38 PM
ITT: Mavs fans proving how dumb they are.

-Mars

smeagol
03-05-2009, 02:46 PM
Running water is badass.

I can see Shank's next bit of smack . . .

Dirt floors

:tu

Buddy Holly
03-05-2009, 02:48 PM

Ahhh...

Kid, get over it.

Shank
03-05-2009, 02:48 PM
Kid, get over it.

Ahahahaha....he called me "kid". :lol

Buddy Holly
03-05-2009, 02:49 PM
Sorry, I didn't mean to be so presumptuous.

Little girl, get over it.

Shank
03-05-2009, 02:52 PM

Ahahaha..."little girl" now.

Speaking of getting over it, why do you continue to post in this thread?

HORNSWOGGLE
03-05-2009, 02:54 PM
http://devcentral.f5.com/weblogs/images/devcentral_f5_com/weblogs/macvittie/WindowsLiveWriter/CongratulationsYouareamoron_7EBF/InternetToughGuy_2.jpg = shank

Agloco
03-05-2009, 02:55 PM
I can see Shank's next bit of smack . . .

Dirt floors

:tu

:lol:lol

Buddy Holly
03-05-2009, 02:57 PM

G-Nob
03-05-2009, 03:32 PM

:dizzy

monosylab1k
03-05-2009, 03:54 PM

So an NSYNC fanboy is calling someone else a "little girl"?

four rings

Buddy Holly
03-05-2009, 05:21 PM
So an NSYNC fanboy is calling someone else a "little girl"?

Yeppers.

Spursmania
03-05-2009, 05:56 PM
Oh, I see the Dumbass Mav fans are still at it! Still celebrating their championship win last night? Will their idiocy ever end?:lmao

To my sweet little Mav fans:fishing