PDA

View Full Version : cowboys/jerry are idiots

stretch
03-05-2009, 09:36 AM
terrible move. waste of $9.5m. at least if you get rid of him, trade him for something of value, instead of just throwing away money and getting hurt even worse against the cap for cutting him as opposed to keeping him.

i seriously hope the cowboys crash and burn this season, as jerry once again let the stupid fucking media dumbasses like randy faggotway get to him and prove that he doesnt control the team as much as he thinks he does. same thing happened with the team not drafting randy moss. stupid fucking media got to jerry too much.

i just dont get the logic in trading away the ONLY piece on the team that has a championship winning mindset. TO is the only guy on the team that hates losing. Jason Witten, the guy who supposedly "hates" TO, himself said that the cowboys need more people with TOs winning mindset if they ever want to get better.

fuck this shit, fuck the media, and fuck the cowboys.

ATRAIN
03-05-2009, 09:40 AM
LOL as a NON cowboy fan I love this. Jerry Jones is a dumb fuck. TO plays hard and a winner always wants the ball when the game is on the line LMAO (Ask Shane Falco). All hating aside I cant see how they couldnt have gotten something for him. It looks like Jones is cutting out the "cancer" but I think he went about it the wrong way. The dumb ass should have never gotten the cancer in there in the 1st place. Pacman = Bad Idea, TO = Bad idea, Tank Johnson = Bad Idea. Im sure he is going to go after Vick when the time comes. That stupid ass never learns.

Dr. Gonzo
03-05-2009, 09:42 AM
Who is Randy Faggotway?

BacktoBasics
03-05-2009, 09:43 AM
I seriously doubt he had any trade value to begin with. Just ask the Raven how it all goes down when you trade for TO.

As far as Tank is concerned I never heard of him being a distraction but I could be wrong.

JudynTX
03-05-2009, 09:45 AM
TO to the Texans! :wow Wouldn't that be something? :lol

Dr. Gonzo
03-05-2009, 09:46 AM

That will never happen. The Texans brass goes after character players.

ATRAIN
03-05-2009, 09:49 AM

Not really....they dont need him. AJ is better receiver than TO at this point and Walters is a good possession receiver that fits the system and CHEAP. Texans are too cheap to go after TO. Plus we had a top 3 offense last year, its def that we need.

stretch
03-05-2009, 09:53 AM
I seriously doubt he had any trade value to begin with. Just ask the Raven how it all goes down when you trade for TO.

As far as Tank is concerned I never heard of him being a distraction but I could be wrong.

my point is, id rather take a 4th or 5th rounder for him, than get hit against the cap the way the cowboys will now. it made no sense whatsoever.

stretch
03-05-2009, 09:54 AM
Who is Randy Faggotway?

some stupidshit sports reporter that works for ESPN radio in dallas. he is also commonly referred to as grandpa urine.

BacktoBasics
03-05-2009, 09:58 AM
my point is, id rather take a 4th or 5th rounder for him, than get hit against the cap the way the cowboys will now. it made no sense whatsoever.You assume they could get a 4th or 5th for him. I'd imagine if you started shopping TO the first thing a GM would say is...."they're not going to be able to move a cancer like that. We'll just wait for him to be cut and go from there".

stretch
03-05-2009, 10:24 AM
You assume they could get a 4th or 5th for him. I'd imagine if you started shopping TO the first thing a GM would say is...."they're not going to be able to move a cancer like that. We'll just wait for him to be cut and go from there".

I'm sure someone would have taken him. Same way Pats got Moss.

BacktoBasics
03-05-2009, 10:27 AM
I'm sure someone would have taken him. Same way Pats got Moss.Well its entirely possible that they just woke and decided to cut him without considering the fiscal ramifications but Jerry and Jerry Jr. are reasonably logical businessmen so you'd have to at least consider the fact that they may have attempted to shop him with no success. I highly doubt that they would have turned away a 5th rounder if they had one on the table. Money is money.

With all that said when Safety Roy Williams gets cut are we going to be pissed that they didn't at least get a 7th rounder for him?

Not only that but they didn't say shit to TO and most teams are smart enough to know that its not worth taking on a contract if a guy like TO is going to create all kinds of hell because it isn't a team he wants to play for. If I was another GM the risk doesn't outweigh the reward.

leemajors
03-05-2009, 10:29 AM
You assume they could get a 4th or 5th for him. I'd imagine if you started shopping TO the first thing a GM would say is...."they're not going to be able to move a cancer like that. We'll just wait for him to be cut and go from there".

this could also apply to roy williams, exchange scrub for cancer.

monosylab1k
03-05-2009, 10:44 AM
i just dont get the logic in trading away the ONLY piece on the team that has a championship winning mindset. TO is the only guy on the team that hates losing.

what the fuck does any of this mean?

If TO is just a warrior who only wants to win, then why is he going on interviews with Deion Sanders demanding the entire playbook be changed after a win? Why is he complaining about not getting the ball enough after wins? Why is there any controversy between him and Witten at all?

TO is absolutely a locker room cancer, a terrible teammate, and a guy who cares about nothing but himself. He hates losing only when he looks bad doing so. He sure loved losing in the Super Bowl when he was the big story on the Eagles and he got to throw Donovan under the bus as much as possible. He only wants to win if he's getting the ball. To say that the media is responsible for this is stupid, he's got a proven track record of being a horrible teammate who treated his quarterbacks like shit. Where there's smoke there's fire.

If you actually believe that TO Owens was a perfect teammate who never did anything wrong in Dallas, and that The Big Bad Media fabricated everything about him, you're the fucking idiot. and the Spurs have 4 rings.

johnsmith
03-05-2009, 10:46 AM
Thought you were a Raiders fan.

stretch
03-05-2009, 11:05 AM
Thought you were a Raiders fan.

I am, but I live in Dallas, so I hear about the Cowboys a lot, and am inclined to naturally root for them.

K-State Spur
03-05-2009, 11:12 AM
LOL as a NON cowboy fan I love this. Jerry Jones is a dumb fuck. TO plays hard and a winner always wants the ball when the game is on the line LMAO (Ask Shane Falco). All hating aside I cant see how they couldnt have gotten something for him. It looks like Jones is cutting out the "cancer" but I think he went about it the wrong way. The dumb ass should have never gotten the cancer in there in the 1st place. Pacman = Bad Idea, TO = Bad idea, Tank Johnson = Bad Idea. Im sure he is going to go after Vick when the time comes. That stupid ass never learns.

who is going to trade anything for him?

2/3 of the teams in the league wouldn't take him for FREE. the other 10 know that if the Cowboys are shopping him, then they have Dallas over the barrel. not to mention that they're going to take a PR hit just for signing him outright, let alone if they had actually given up something to get him.

johnsmith
03-05-2009, 11:26 AM
I am, but I live in Dallas, so I hear about the Cowboys a lot, and am inclined to naturally root for them.

I live near SA so I hear about the Cowboys a lot, and it only fuels my hatred for them.

stretch
03-05-2009, 11:33 AM
what the fuck does any of this mean?

If TO is just a warrior who only wants to win, then why is he going on interviews with Deion Sanders demanding the entire playbook be changed after a win? Why is he complaining about not getting the ball enough after wins? Why is there any controversy between him and Witten at all?

From what I recently heard, there actually wasn't any controversy between him and Witten, and that they were rumors blown completely out of proportion due to media and Barbie Carpenter dropping bullshit bombs to the media. I hear the real issue in the lockerroom is between Carpenter and TO, and Carpenter hates TO so much that he is the one that has been starting these rumors to the media, and since it had TOs name on it, the media as usual will take it without any confirmation and run with it.

TO is absolutely a locker room cancer, a terrible teammate, and a guy who cares about nothing but himself. He hates losing only when he looks bad doing so. He sure loved losing in the Super Bowl when he was the big story on the Eagles and he got to throw Donovan under the bus as much as possible. He only wants to win if he's getting the ball. To say that the media is responsible for this is stupid, he's got a proven track record of being a horrible teammate who treated his quarterbacks like shit. Where there's smoke there's fire.

If you actually believe that TO Owens was a perfect teammate who never did anything wrong in Dallas, and that The Big Bad Media fabricated everything about him, you're the fucking idiot. and the Spurs have 4 rings.

No one ever said he is the perfect teammate. But I'd rather have him on the team, than Tony Romo or just about anyone else on the Cowboys. At least TO gives a shit about winning, whether its about getting stats in the win or not. It honestly seems like the only people that truly care about winning and would do anything to do so are TO and Witten.

When the team misses the playoffs and people are complaining about how shitty the recieving core is now, and how we now have two busts named Roy Williams on the team, people will realize what a stupid fucking move this was.

mardigan
03-05-2009, 11:34 AM
With all that said when Safety Roy Williams gets cut are we going to be pissed that they didn't at least get a 7th rounder for him?

No, because that move actually saves money.

And the Boys could have gotten a future 6th or 7th round pick for T.O., or some kind of conditional pick with clauses the way they got Pac, but I'm guessing they didn't want to deal with the hassle.

Still, cutting a productive player and losing money while doing it is definitely not a step in the right direction imo.

stretch
I live near SA so I hear about the Cowboys a lot, and it only fuels my hatred for them.

lol, cutler

stretch
No, because that move actually saves money.

And the Boys could have gotten a future 6th or 7th round pick for T.O., or some kind of conditional pick with clauses the way they got Pac, but I'm guessing they didn't want to deal with the hassle.

Still, cutting a productive player and losing money while doing it is definitely not a step in the right direction imo.

:tu

BacktoBasics
03-05-2009, 11:43 AM
Well in their opinion its addition by subtraction. I'd be willing to bet that there weren't any offers to even consider. 6th round or 7th what have you. Why make an offer and be stuck with a Jerry Jones contract when you could potentially pen a better deal.

CubanMustGo
03-05-2009, 11:59 AM
lmao cowboy fanz

lmao terrell owens

lmao jerry jones

lmao stretch

beefanus
03-05-2009, 12:11 PM
TO is poison... he diserves to get cut. he is a usless cocky fuck, who dropes almost every easy pass throwns to him. and i hope that know one pickes him up aswell.

monosylab1k
03-05-2009, 12:17 PM
I hear the real issue in the lockerroom is between Carpenter and TO

:lmao at you "hearing" things like you have some Deep Throat informant at Valley Ranch who feeds you info. Also, the fact that TO feels the need to get into drama with Bobby fucking Carpenter, the most worthless player in the NFL, only proves what a moron TO Owens is.

-SpursHaveFourRings

monosylab1k
03-05-2009, 12:19 PM

Who is going to trade for a washed up cancer and take on his contract? The talent level doesn't match the money + all his bullshit. There's a reason TO didn't get traded and had to be cut, just like there's a reason nobody tried to trade for Stephon Marbury, they waited till he got bought out.

4 rings

Blake
03-05-2009, 12:20 PM
what pisses me off is that they waited so long to do it.

I don't think they should have cut TO to begin with, but if you are going to do it, then do it quicker so you can start looking around for guys like TJ Housmsahaskjdkhd.

Roy Williams and Crayton as the #1 and #2 make me cringe.

beefanus
03-05-2009, 12:21 PM
:tu

maybe they did it for a reason try and teach TO that it is better to lose millions than to have him on your team

monosylab1k
03-05-2009, 12:21 PM
When the team misses the playoffs

Yeah because TO has proven to be the difference maker in that regard.

-SpursHaveFourRings

mardigan
03-05-2009, 12:29 PM
Roy Williams and Crayton as the #1 and #2 make me cringe.

+1

They are going to have to trade for someone or draft a player, because with what they have left receiver wise is pretty bad.

stretch
03-05-2009, 12:47 PM
:lmao at you "hearing" things like you have some Deep Throat informant at Valley Ranch who feeds you info. Also, the fact that TO feels the need to get into drama with Bobby fucking Carpenter, the most worthless player in the NFL, only proves what a moron TO Owens is.

-SpursHaveFourRings

lol, copying mike rhyner

StylisticS
03-05-2009, 01:03 PM
my point is, id rather take a 4th or 5th rounder for him, than get hit against the cap the way the cowboys will now. it made no sense whatsoever.

From the resident capologist on DallasCowboysZone and on KFFL on the cap hit.

Releasing Terrell Owens costs us $1,065,000 of cap room.

Releasing Roy Williams saves us $1,795,000 of cap room.

These two moves combined save us $730,000 of cap room and leave us $14,836,277 under the cap.

Didn't hurt us that much at all.

leemajors
03-05-2009, 01:09 PM

ware money.

StylisticS
03-05-2009, 01:12 PM
ware money.

Don't think we're done cutting either though.

stretch
03-05-2009, 01:57 PM

the point is... how much did TO actually hurt the cowboys?

not enough to warrant paying an extra $9.5 mil for absolutely no services whatsoever, as opposed to having a somewhat controversial reciever who is still a damn good player and one of the best offensive weapons the Cowboys have, on a very inconsistent offensive squad.

it was a stupid move. fact is, cutting him will not get the team over the hump to win a title. team chemistry was not the issue. injuries played a HUGE part in last seasons failure. do you really think the Cowboys would have lost to the fucking Rams had Romo not been hurt? just ONE win is what separated them from the playoffs. Not having TO doesnt instantly guarantee the team any more wins than before, which is even more reason why this move is fucking retarded.

another thing that was a big problem, was lack of effort and determination. TO always gives effort, and that he has some of the best work ethic of any player in the league. i don't see how cutting him would solve that problem either.

of all the problems there were with the Cowboys, in all reality, TO was very possibly the smallest one. unfortunately Jerry and the Cowboys have such fragile psyches that they let the media get to them and make them believe that getting rid of TO would actually make them better. no fucking way they make the playoffs now, especially in such a good division where you have two teams that are Super Bowl caliber (Giants/Eagles) and another team that could very possibly be of that caliber this year as well (Redskins). And there is still the Vikings, Cardinals, Panthers, Falcons, Bucs, Packers, Saints... all competing for playoff spots.

cowboys are fucked.

bostonguy
03-05-2009, 01:58 PM
If the Cowboys turn into a run 1st pass 2nd offense, then this move makes sense. They have 3 quality backs. You dont need a superstar WR to win a superbowl in this league. Ball control O and a clutch playmaking D is whats needed.

Harry Callahan
03-05-2009, 02:29 PM
Dumb raiders fan thread starter must not have heard that Oakland may take a serious look at signing T.O.

The TS also must be out of his mind if he thinks Cowboys management gives any consideration to Bobby Carpenter's status in the lockerroom on any football decision relating to another player. That stiff is so bad if he and TO were the issue and the only issue, Bobby would already be working at McDonald's with the dumb Obama guy in FL who wants free medical care.

Get a clue Raider guy.

Harry Callahan
03-05-2009, 02:30 PM
Please fix the thread title Moderators. It's not within policy

stretch
03-05-2009, 02:56 PM
Dumb raiders fan thread starter must not have heard that Oakland may take a serious look at signing T.O.

Neat.

The TS also must be out of his mind if he thinks Cowboys management gives any consideration to Bobby Carpenter's status in the lockerroom on any football decision relating to another player. That stiff is so bad if he and TO were the issue and the only issue, Bobby would already be working at McDonald's with the dumb Obama guy in FL who wants free medical care.

Get a clue Raider guy.

You obviously missed the point about what Barbie Carpenter did, you dimwitted fuckstick.

BacktoBasics
03-05-2009, 03:06 PM
I don't care how it happened or what it costs. Jerry has made a point in the last few months to express his desire for the team to head in a fresh and renewed direction. Whether TO is truly a distraction or not is inconsequential because no matter what he does good or bad he's a focal point of controversy. That in of itself, warranted or not, is something this team could do without.

Viva Las Espuelas
03-06-2009, 01:02 AM
TO was the only one with a sack that told Homo he sucks and he does. Son of Bum sure as hell isn't. Homo Simpson better bring Big D a parade in February.

Obstructed_View
03-06-2009, 05:39 AM
I don't care how it happened or what it costs. Jerry has made a point in the last few months to express his desire for the team to head in a fresh and renewed direction. Whether TO is truly a distraction or not is inconsequential because no matter what he does good or bad he's a focal point of controversy. That in of itself, warranted or not, is something this team could do without.

Jerry has done no such thing, and what he'd been saying the last six months reflects that. He's finally being outvoted by his coaches and staff, as well as getting advice from people he trusts, and to his credit he's finally listening to them. He actually said the other day that Parcells approved the acquisition of TO, which is probably the biggest lie he's ever told. He brought in Owens and Jones on his own to try to exorcize the demons that haunt him for not drafting Randy Moss. They were both failed experiments in talent vs character, and perhaps he's gotten that out of his system.

I agree, however, that it doesn't really matter whose idea it was or how it happened. As long as the little bitch is gone, I'm perfectly happy to concede that Jerry made it happen. TO would never have left if Jerry hadn't decided he needed to go.

Harry Callahan
03-06-2009, 08:03 AM
No I did not miss the point stretch. Can you write a sentence or a thread title without dropping Fbombs? You might sound a little less like a punk and little more like an adult.

I live in Dallas and have forgotten more about the 'Boys than you'll ever know. I have heard NOTHING about anything Bobby Carpenter did or did not do to Owens. Even if he did it should not matter given his status (or lack thereof) on the team. You did not make a lucid point regarding that in your post.

Owens is a rotten teammate. Dallas was as good a place to play as there is (for him) and he let his own interests get ahead of the team when he is a 35 year player who may have lost a step. Not only must a team win for him to not complain - he must be the absolute center of the passing game. If the team loses some he will gladly throw anyone and everyone under the bus and show no accountability whatsoever for his own play. This guy has done the same thing three times now so he will never change - he will never grow up.

Injuries did ruin their season, and their is no question that ESPN has some sort of weird agenda to air anything negative about the Cowboys they could to bring them down - they hire a full time reporter (werder) to snoop around 24/7. ESPN flies a reporter down from Philadelphia (the blowhard Stephen A. Smith) before the Giants game. The purpose of this was to interview Owens (who would not speak to Werder) with the hopes that the interview would be after a loss and owens would continue to blast everyone and remain blameless.

This situation was not workable anymore. Jerry Jones tried as hard as he could, but TO did what he always does and blow things up. JJ is very willing to give difficult personalities a chance - it worked for two years but when TO got a contract extension last year (given out of fear he would complain without it last year) it instead made TO mistakenly believe he could speak out and throw his teammates and coaches under the bus.

Jones was convinced that the 2008 roster in place was going to get over the hump and the money given to TO was rewarding him for a great 2007 season. Owens was poisonous anyway - dividing the lockerroom as he always does.

Jason Witten's problem was that he is a better, more reliable player than owens and TO couldn't take it. TO's a great talent (the talent will be missed no doubt), but the baggage is just too much and wears everyone around him out. If it can't work for TO in Dallas, it will work nowhere.

stretch
03-06-2009, 09:44 AM
There still is no reason shown in your post to believe that cutting TO will solve anything.

Whisky Dog
03-06-2009, 01:24 PM
terrible move. waste of $9.5m. at least if you get rid of him, trade him for something of value, instead of just throwing away money and getting hurt even worse against the cap for cutting him as opposed to keeping him.

i seriously hope the cowboys crash and burn this season, as jerry once again let the stupid fucking media dumbasses like randy faggotway get to him and prove that he doesnt control the team as much as he thinks he does. same thing happened with the team not drafting randy moss. stupid fucking media got to jerry too much.

i just dont get the logic in trading away the ONLY piece on the team that has a championship winning mindset. TO is the only guy on the team that hates losing. Jason Witten, the guy who supposedly "hates" TO, himself said that the cowboys need more people with TOs winning mindset if they ever want to get better.

fuck this shit, fuck the media, and fuck the cowboys.

Trade him to who? Nobody wants to sign him now that he's released so there was no way anybody was going to give something up for him. He's in the process of being blackballed.

Whisky Dog
03-06-2009, 01:26 PM
There still is no reason shown in your post to believe that cutting TO will solve anything.

It might not solve anything, but it probably will keep several new problems from needing to be solved. That's a start.

Obstructed_View
03-08-2009, 04:10 AM
I live in Dallas and have forgotten more about the 'Boys than you'll ever know. I have heard NOTHING about anything Bobby Carpenter did or did not do to Owens. Even if he did it should not matter given his status (or lack thereof) on the team. You did not make a lucid point regarding that in your post.

Same here. I listen to sports talk radio in Dallas just about every day and I'd never heard this Bobby Carpenter story until I read this thread, and it makes no sense whatsoever.

j-money24
03-08-2009, 08:11 PM

i do believe the offence will improve, the boys going to work hard and they going to be motivated.

-LakersHave14Rings

Obstructed_View
03-08-2009, 10:18 PM

Cutting TO solves the problem that TO is on the team. That's good enough for me.

stretch
03-08-2009, 11:34 PM
Cutting TO solves the problem that TO is on the team. That's good enough for me.

All that proves is that you are a TO hater. I'd still like to see proof that TO was a serious issue with the team, or how cutting him solved any serious issues.

bigdog
03-08-2009, 11:50 PM
Cutting TO solved a TINY issue and at the same time created a HUGE issue.

Unless Jerry pulls another starting calibur WR out of his ass, we're going to have to rely on the young guns+Dumbshit Crayton to step up.

Bandwagon Bill
03-09-2009, 04:07 AM
All that proves is that you are a TO hater. I'd still like to see proof that TO was a serious issue with the team, or how cutting him solved any serious issues.

That proof is only within the organization.

Show proof that he wasn't a cancer that caused more problems than he was worth.

stretch
03-09-2009, 06:46 AM
That proof is only within the organization.

Show proof that he wasn't a cancer that caused more problems than he was worth.

The fact that no one in the locker room said he was a cancer. Fact is, he was used as the Cowboys scapegoat for their failure of a season.

ATRAIN
03-09-2009, 07:13 AM
The fact that no one in the locker room said he was a cancer. Fact is, he was used as the Cowboys scapegoat for their failure of a season.

So I guess its TO's fault that Romo chokes in the playoffs?

stretch
03-09-2009, 08:49 AM
So I guess its TO's fault that Romo chokes in the playoffs?

Or that Garrett has a shitty offensive playcalling scheme? Or that Romo and quite a few other players on the team were hurt for extensive periods of time? How about the poorly ran defense that didn't really step up until Wade finally took over? Crayton having a massive drop and an extremely poorly ran route at the end of the playoff game against the Giants?

It's absolutely incredible how people blame TO for all of that.

ATRAIN
03-09-2009, 09:11 AM
Or that Garrett has a shitty offensive playcalling scheme? Or that Romo and quite a few other players on the team were hurt for extensive periods of time? How about the poorly ran defense that didn't really step up until Wade finally took over? Crayton having a massive drop and an extremely poorly ran route at the end of the playoff game against the Giants?

Same people that blame him for the demise of the cowboys were also the ones that looked at him as the savior

monosylab1k
03-09-2009, 10:17 AM

Okay, then answer me this - If TO wasn't causing problems in the locker room, if he was still good enough to be considered an elite receiver, and knowing the cap hit they would take by making this decision, WHY DID THE COWBOYS STILL CUT HIM?

Teams don't release players when 1) they're still very productive, 2) they promote healthy team chemistry, and 3) it doesn't make financial sense to do so.

It obviously didn't make financial sense to cut TO, so the problem is either 1 or 2 or both. You tell me which one.

spurshave4rings

monosylab1k
03-09-2009, 10:21 AM
No wait, I forgot option 4) this is all some evil plot involving the Cowboys + the media to oppress poor Terrell Owens. and this plot is masterminded by Bobby Carpenter.

spurshave4rings

BUMP
03-09-2009, 10:48 AM
No wait, I forgot option 4) this is all some evil plot involving the Cowboys + the media to oppress poor Terrell Owens. and this plot is masterminded by Bobby Carpenter.

spurshave4rings

-SpursHaveFourRings

stretch
03-09-2009, 11:06 AM
Okay, then answer me this - If TO wasn't causing problems in the locker room, if he was still good enough to be considered an elite receiver, and knowing the cap hit they would take by making this decision, WHY DID THE COWBOYS STILL CUT HIM?

Teams don't release players when 1) they're still very productive, 2) they promote healthy team chemistry, and 3) it doesn't make financial sense to do so.

It obviously didn't make financial sense to cut TO, so the problem is either 1 or 2 or both. You tell me which one.

spurshave4rings

Well looking at their decisions over recent years, they have made quite a few senseless desicions. For instance, not drafting Randy Moss, just because media idiots around here didn't want him because of his "attitude". How very sensible of them to make a move that would improve the team. :rolleyes

What about cutting Quincy Carter when he was the first QB to get the Cowboys to the playoffs since Troy? And his replacement was... Vinny Testesverde? Just because Big Bill liked Vinny simply because he used to coach him? Again, a very professional, reasonable, and justified move by the Cowboys, that would lead to them improving as a squad... oh wait NVM. They sucked ass that year.

And as for constantly using Roy Williams to drop in coverage? lol, santana moss

Lastly... firing Jimmy??? Nuff said.

Cowboys have consistently made fucking retarded moves over the years. So there is no reason to believe this was a perfectly reasonable and justified move.

monosylab1k
03-09-2009, 12:05 PM
Well looking at their decisions over recent years, they have made quite a few senseless desicions. For instance, not drafting Randy Moss, just because media idiots around here didn't want him because of his "attitude". How very sensible of them to make a move that would improve the team. :rolleyes

There were 18 other teams who didn't take Moss because of his attitude. Not just the Cowboys.

And up until 2 years ago, alot of people still felt justified in believing that passing on Randy Moss was a good idea despite his production.

What about cutting Quincy Carter when he was the first QB to get the Cowboys to the playoffs since Troy? And his replacement was... Vinny Testesverde? Just because Big Bill liked Vinny simply because he used to coach him?

Or it could be because Quincy failed a drug test, but let's not let facts get in the way.

Last time I checked Roy Williams played safety, those guys are supposed to be used in coverage right? Dallas is the only team to ever play a safety that wasn't any good?

spurshave4rings

Whisky Dog
03-09-2009, 01:35 PM

What about cutting Quincy Carter when he was the first QB to get the Cowboys to the playoffs since Troy? And his replacement was... Vinny Testesverde? Just because Big Bill liked Vinny simply because he used to coach him? Again, a very professional, reasonable, and justified move by the Cowboys, that would lead to them improving as a squad... oh wait NVM. They sucked ass that year.

Lastly... firing Jimmy??? Nuff said.

Cowboys have consistently made fucking retarded moves over the years. So there is no reason to believe this was a perfectly reasonable and justified move.

1) Not drafting Moss wasn't a bone head decision as at the time there were serious questions as to his mental and emotional stability and his ability to stay out of trouble, so much so that what would have otherwise been a top 3 pick dropped near 20. Besides, when Moss was drafted Aikman was on his way down and who was the QB that was going to be getting the ball to Moss? He more than likely would have not been nearly as productive in Dallas as he was in Minnesota and would have been gone anyway. Besides, it's not like they drafted a bust in that spot, they got Ellis who has been consistently good for a decade.

2) Quincy Carter did lead the team to a playoff berth in 2003, but it was then revealed he had an issue with illegal drugs, and not only that but within the organization he was developing a reputation as a prima donna. That's what you want from your QB, a prima donna with a drug problem.

3) Roy Williams dropping in coverage? He's a safety, and part of a safety's responsibility is to drop into coverage. That's like blaming a coach for benching a PG who can't handle the ball, it's what he is there to do. All safety's have to be able to cover in passing situations.

4) The Cowboys didn't fire Jimmy. He left over a disagreement with Jones because both of their egos just couldn't exist anymore. Stupid? You bet. But the truth is with the salary cap on the horizon Jimmy wasn't going to be able to keep those players or put together and keep that type of talent ever again. The big loss in regards to Jimmy was 1994 when the Cowboys were the superior team but lost simply because Switzer was a rookie NFL coach.

Spursfan092120
03-09-2009, 02:01 PM
-SpursHaveFourRings
yes BUMP..yes we do.

stretch
03-09-2009, 02:22 PM
And up until 2 years ago, alot of IDIOTS still felt justified in believing that passing on Randy Moss was a good idea despite his production. Fact is, most anyone that knew what the hell they were talking about, could see that from his first couple seasons, not drafting him was a mistake.

Fixed.

Or it could be because Quincy failed a drug test, but let's not let facts get in the way.

You weren't allowed to cut a player for drugs at the time. Not sure if that has changed since then though. However, I find it quite ironic that you say that, when at the time, on our previous message board, you were very unhappy with the move and also credited it to the fact that Bill did it because he wanted Vinny to start, and the drug crap was just an excuse.

Last time I checked Roy Williams played safety, those guys are supposed to be used in coverage right? Dallas is the only team to ever play a safety that wasn't any good?

So you are telling me its a smart decision to keep playing a safety that is a total liability on deep coverage, and has lost games for the team singlehandedly due to his inability to cover? How about trading him before he was running around fucking up games like that, when he still looked good and had value? Or perhaps getting a good safety to cover up for his dumb ass the way Woodson was able to? No, instead they stuck with garbage like Keith Davis.

I still have seen no proof that TO fucked this team up, or that cutting him solves any major problems (considering the fact that there is a much more major problem in Jason Garrett still being around).

stretch
03-09-2009, 02:27 PM
1) Not drafting Moss wasn't a bone head decision as at the time there were serious questions as to his mental and emotional stability and his ability to stay out of trouble, so much so that what would have otherwise been a top 3 pick dropped near 20. Besides, when Moss was drafted Aikman was on his way down and who was the QB that was going to be getting the ball to Moss? He more than likely would have not been nearly as productive in Dallas as he was in Minnesota and would have been gone anyway. Besides, it's not like they drafted a bust in that spot, they got Ellis who has been consistently good for a decade.

Having Moss to bomb it deep to could have made a difference in his longevity in that he would have had a legit bail out guy, instead of taking a beating and a shitload of concussions because the mediocre recievers and crappy line.

Ellis has consistently been a whiner and complainer that pulls stupid bullshit every year as well, and while being solid, has underachieved consistently as well.

Blake
03-09-2009, 03:10 PM

no, it would be because Q and his spaghetti arm sucked ass. Even Emmitt was hinting that the team was better when Alexander Wright was in the game.

Blake
03-09-2009, 03:17 PM
I still have seen no proof that TO fucked this team up, or that cutting him solves any major problems (considering the fact that there is a much more major problem in Jason Garrett still being around).

There's no proof that TO is a problem solver and there's plenty of proof that he's an arrogant ass hole that's only concerned about TO. The Cowboys have won 0 games with him and there is nothing that says they would start winning playoff games with next year.

and you gotta be focking kidding me that you are trying to argue page after page that the Cowboys need this d-bag. If the Cowboys would have kept him, I would have been ok, but letting him go is very justifiable.

Whisky Dog
03-09-2009, 03:29 PM
Having Moss to bomb it deep to could have made a difference in his longevity in that he would have had a legit bail out guy, instead of taking a beating and a shitload of concussions because the mediocre recievers and crappy line.

Ellis has consistently been a whiner and complainer that pulls stupid bullshit every year as well, and while being solid, has underachieved consistently as well.

It's been shown time and time again that the key to keeping a good passing game and keeping your QB upright is a good running game and a good offensive line. In 1999, 2000, 2001, etc. the Cowboys had neither. They had a horrible offensive line and they had old ass Emmitt and Troy Hambrick. Also, the fact that Moss is a burner means that he would be most effective on deep routes yet the QBs of the time either did not have the arm or the time to hit those deep routes.

You can win with average to good receivers as long as you have a good to great running game, a good line, and a good QB. You can't win without the running game and the line.

jack sommerset
03-09-2009, 03:30 PM
There's no proof that TO is a problem solver and there's plenty of proof that he's an arrogant ass hole that's only concerned about TO. The Cowboys have won 0 games with him and there is nothing that says they would start winning playoff games with next year.

and you gotta be focking kidding me that you are trying to argue page after page that the Cowboys need this d-bag. If the Cowboys would have kept him, I would have been ok, but letting him go is very justifiable.

No question you can justify him being fired. Everyday the media asked everyone about T.O. Its non stop everyday. The coaches could not handle the stress. It took from their work. To take away the excuses Jones decided to fire a 36 year old WR. Unfair yes. Will this help the boys out, no.

Don't forget all the players that were injuried last year. So when you see a better record don't go off thinking because T.O is gone is why. They went 13-3 the year before and lost in the first round because Romo sucked dick. They lost the year before because Romo couldn't handle a freaken extra point. It was not T.O going off to Mexico before a playoff game. That was Witten and Romo. I can go on but I won't

stretch
03-09-2009, 04:06 PM
Don't forget all the players that were injuried last year. So when you see a better record don't go off thinking because T.O is gone is why. They went 13-3 the year before and lost in the first round because Romo sucked dick. They lost the year before because Romo couldn't handle a freaken extra point. It was not T.O going off to Mexico before a playoff game. That was Witten and Romo. I can go on but I won't

lol my point exactly. There were a shitload of other problems that has gone on during his time here, yet he basically has recieved blame for it all, while guys like Wade, Romo, and Garrett all get free passes (except by the people that know that those are the guys fucking up worse than TO), when those guys did much bigger things to harm the teams chances at winning. Yet TO is the one that gets cut. He's an easy target, and was used as the scapegoat, nothing more. Again, when the Cowboys miss the playoffs once again, people will realize that there were far bigger problems on the team than whatever minor problems TO may have caused.

monosylab1k
03-09-2009, 04:08 PM
Bobby Carpenter's master plan succeeded!

monosylab1k
03-09-2009, 04:10 PM
http://static.nfl.com/static/content/catch_all/nfl_image/bobby-carpenter-655x350.jpg

This is the genius mastermind who took TO, the innocent lamb, and villified him with a little help from the big bad media.

All Hail Bobby Carpenter, the scheming rogue genius!

monosylab1k
03-09-2009, 04:11 PM
It was not T.O going off to Mexico before a playoff game. That was Witten and Romo.

and..........

BOBBY

CARPENTER

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

monosylab1k
03-09-2009, 04:12 PM
and it's funny how "TO has a long history of being a serious problem in the locker room" is easily dismissed by TO knobslobbers, but suddenly when it's convenient, they use the "Jerry Jones has a long history of making poor football decisions" excuse.

monosylab1k
03-09-2009, 04:13 PM
it's also funny how stretch's gay man-crush Donovan McNabb got absolutely roasted by TO plenty of times (especially when he outed McNabb as a choker who dry heaved at the end of the Super Bowl), yet he's still defending that son of a bitch.

LEONARD
03-09-2009, 06:43 PM
:lol:lmao @ this thread

You didn't even know the cap hit when you started your rant...probably should've started there at least...

and downhill from there...

stretch
03-09-2009, 06:53 PM
:lol:lmao @ this thread

You didn't even know the cap hit when you started your rant...probably should've started there at least...

and downhill from there...

LMAO mma

shaq >>>>>>>>>>>> bj penn, or whatever that fags name is

Obstructed_View
03-09-2009, 06:55 PM

I never made any attempt to hide the fact that I've hated TO for the better part of his career, not only for the volumes of team problems, drama and controversy he's brought with him, through his complete inability to put team goals above personal goals, but also for being second in the entire league in dropped passes and committing numerous bonehead plays this season when one more victory puts the team into the playoffs.

I really find it humorous that you are asking for proof that TO is a team cancer when you paraded in that bullshit about Bobby Carpenter as an alternative explanation. :lol

stretch
03-09-2009, 06:57 PM
it's also funny how stretch's gay man-crush Donovan McNabb got absolutely roasted by TO plenty of times (especially when he outed McNabb as a choker who dry heaved at the end of the Super Bowl), yet he's still defending that son of a bitch.

LMAO @ mono talking about a gay man-crush when he fantasizes about sucking tom bradys cock on an hourly basis, and cried like a faggot bitch when he got his ass kicked both against the colts in 06, then in the superbowl in 07.

stretch
03-09-2009, 07:04 PM
I really find it humorous that you are asking for proof that TO is a team cancer when you paraded in that bullshit about Bobby Carpenter as an alternative explanation. :lol

I never said it was true. I simply said something else I heard, and left it at that. If you notice, not again, did i ever mention anything about it, as there is no actual proof, just like there is no proof that TO had done anything to destory the lockerroom as is suggested.

again, there is no reason shown to believe that TO was a major problem, or that cutting him solved any major problems. all i see are some small flaws he has here and there, and your personal dislike for him. however, to simply point out his flaws and say thats why he should have been cut, is fucking retarded. i could pull up a shitload of flaws tony romo has, and say he should be cut for those. however, there is no hiding that his positives clearly out-weigh his negatives. same can be said for TO (from a non-biased standpoint). however, one thing can be said... TO's flaws have never cost his team a playoff game. romo's have.

stretch
03-09-2009, 07:05 PM
and it's funny how "TO has a long history of being a serious problem in the locker room" is easily dismissed by TO knobslobbers, but suddenly when it's convenient, they use the "Jerry Jones has a long history of making poor football decisions" excuse.

kinda like you did on the quincy issue, hypocrite.

SouthTexasRancher
03-09-2009, 07:39 PM
The only way DallASS, will ever get another championship in any sport is to get rid of the shitty owners up there in flatland, starting with Jerry 'Asshole' Jones and Mark 'The Fag' Cuban.
Spurs coach Pop and owner Peter Holt, OWN little Markie!

It amazes me even today that both of them nitwit's ever became billionaires. They come across more as idiots in an insane asylum!

stretch
03-09-2009, 07:40 PM
The only way DallASS, will ever get another championship in any sport is to get rid of the shitty owners up there in flatland, starting with Jerry 'Asshole' Jones and Mark 'The Fag' Cuban.
Spurs coach Pop and owner Peter Holt, OWN little Markie!

It amazes me even today that both of them nitwit's ever became billionaires. They come across more as idiots in an insane asylum!

you're a fucking dumbshit.

Obstructed_View
03-09-2009, 07:52 PM
I never said it was true. I simply said something else I heard, and left it at that. If you notice, not again, did i ever mention anything about it, as there is no actual proof, just like there is no proof that TO had done anything to destory the lockerroom as is suggested.
You know, you're right. When one refuses to look at his history with San Francisco, Philly and Dallas, the hundreds of stories about it, the deterioration of the team's unity the more time he spends on it, and the dissention that quickly enveloped Valley Ranch following the team rewarding TO for not being a disruption last year that resulted in a 13 win super bowl favorite failing to make the playoffs.

Even refusing to look at that, I'll put his performance, or lack thereof, in any meaningful way to the team, coupled with the hindrance to the development of other talented receivers on the team that his presence causes as good enough reasons to want him gone. There was certainly no way that the relationship was suddenly going to change direction considering the downturn it took once the Cowboys no longer had a contract to hold over his head to keep him in line. Then again, I've been a fan of the Cowboys for nearly 40 years so I actually give a rat's ass what happens to the team, and there ain't a single member of the team that's above that. You as a Raiders fan probably don't understand that, which is why your team continues to have big name players and double digit losses virtually every year.

again, there is no reason shown to believe that TO was a major problem, or that cutting him solved any major problems. all i see are some small flaws he has here and there, and your personal dislike for him. however, to simply point out his flaws and say thats why he should have been cut, is fucking retarded. i could pull up a shitload of flaws tony romo has, and say he should be cut for those. however, there is no hiding that his positives clearly out-weigh his negatives. same can be said for TO (from a non-biased standpoint).

Time will tell if TO's departure was a big factor. If Romo's numbers go up and Garrett's offense suddenly looks good is that going to be evidence enough for you?

"non-biased" :lol

however, one thing can be said... TO's flaws have never cost his team a playoff game. romo's have.

Who dropped the touchdown pass in the third quarter of the playoff game against the Giants that forced the Cowboys to settle for a field goal in a game that ended with the Cowboys in easy field goal range that they lost by 4 points? Hmmm....

LEONARD
03-09-2009, 07:58 PM
LMAO mma

shaq >>>>>>>>>>>> bj penn, or whatever that fags name is

Odd reply...

You're really getting torched in this thread...great stuff.

SouthTexasRancher
03-09-2009, 08:25 PM
you're a fucking dumbshit.

Ouuuhhh, lil' stretchie_wretchie, the Idiotic, Moronic, Imbecilic, Ignoramus, sounds so tuff when the little girlieboy talks dirty.

BTW, dipshit, little DallASS is known to be the capital of shemales so you shouldn't have any trouble getting a date with someone just like you! But, who would be the male?

ROTFLMAO@U

stretch
03-09-2009, 10:16 PM
You as a Raiders fan probably don't understand that, which is why your team continues to have big name players and double digit losses virtually every year.

Great logic. I'm blown away.

Time will tell if TO's departure was a big factor. If Romo's numbers go up and Garrett's offense suddenly looks good is that going to be evidence enough for you?

And if it goes to shit, idiots like you will still find a way to discredit TO and his positive affect on this offense. However, I have a hard time believing they will be running the same scheme again. If they do, it will be yet another big fucking mistake.

Who dropped the touchdown pass in the third quarter of the playoff game against the Giants that forced the Cowboys to settle for a field goal in a game that ended with the Cowboys in easy field goal range that they lost by 4 points? Hmmm....

Who dropped the snap for a FG that would have won the game for the Cowboys? Who quarterbacked 8 mediocre-to-shitty quarters of playoff football? Who dropped an easy pass in the 4th quarter, only to follow it up by stopping running on a route that he would have been wide open on for a TD in the endzone? Who tried returning a kick he had no business returning and fumbled in his own red zone?

Hint: None of them were TO.

stretch
03-09-2009, 10:19 PM
Odd reply...

You're really getting torched in this thread...great stuff.

Coming from the biggest obsessor on spurstalk, trying to pull information on mono's identity, and being completely fucking obsessed with spursdynasty (since you claim its not you).

monosylab1k
03-09-2009, 10:21 PM
Who dropped the snap for a FG that would have won the game for the Cowboys? Who quarterbacked 8 mediocre-to-shitty quarters of playoff football? Who dropped an easy pass in the 4th quarter, only to follow it up by stopping running on a route that he would have been wide open on for a TD in the endzone? Who tried returning a kick he had no business returning and fumbled in his own red zone?

And to TO's credit, after both Cowboy playoff losses, he didn't once accuse his quarterback of being gay, or throw anybody under the bus for getting tired. I guess that got played out.

Blake
03-09-2009, 10:48 PM
Ouuuhhh, lil' stretchie_wretchie, the Idiotic, Moronic, Imbecilic, Ignoramus, sounds so tuff when the little girlieboy talks dirty.

BTW, dipshit, little DallASS is known to be the capital of shemales so you shouldn't have any trouble getting a date with someone just like you! But, who would be the male?

ROTFLMAO@U

gong

:td

Obstructed_View
03-10-2009, 01:15 AM
Great logic. I'm blown away.
True. Since you deleted the other paragraph and a half of logic and only chose to address the insult, it's clear that you are hugely overmatched.

And if it goes to shit, idiots like you will still find a way to discredit TO and his positive affect on this offense. However, I have a hard time believing they will be running the same scheme again. If they do, it will be yet another big fucking mistake.
I'm not quite sure I understand: If the scheme is so bad, and if team chemistry is rotten, why does it matter if TO is on the team or not?

Ah, so now you start talking about team accomplishments when it's time to attempt to absolve one guy of blame, but again you miss the point whether you meant to or not. You said that none of TO's flaws ever cost his team a playoff game. As with all of your arguments of this topic, you fail once again.

I'm not building up Romo at all. In fact, I was clearly in favor of ridding him of his last excuse for failing. Since you clearly hate Romo more than I hate TO it seems like you'd be excited for the upcoming proof that he's as bad as you've always said. Somehow it comes across as bluster now that TO's gone.

stretch
03-10-2009, 08:31 AM
True. Since you deleted the other paragraph and a half of logic and only chose to address the insult, it's clear that you are hugely overmatched.

Because the rest of what you said was fucking retarded. Of all the things that went bad, TO gets the most blame, when in fact, he was among the smallest of problems. It's hilarious how you try to twist shit, saying that I am taking all blame off TO for those playoff losses, and saying that I missed the point. Fact is, TO gets hit the hardest, when in fact, he had some of the smallest hands in what went wrong with the team and their losses. He may have made mistakes, but other players made bigger and worse mistakes. But since he is "TO", he gets the majority of the blame. How the hell can you not tell me that Romo, Crayton, and other players/coaches mistakes, werent bigger than what TO did in those games? Get the fuck out.

Once again, you still have not shown me a fucking thing to prove that he destroyed a lockerroom, or is among the main reasons the team massively underachieved this season, or that cutting him solves a major problem. The closest things was an alleged altercation between him and Witten one day, and that he wanted to get utilized more. But fact is, altercations like that happen on every NFL team, and ALL recievers think that they need to get utilized more. In fact, again, Witten who allegedly hates TO, stuck up for him again, saying that there is nothing wrong with wanting the ball more, that all recievers do, and that its part of his desire to win, which he wishes more players on the team had.

Anyways, until you prove how he was a problem, or that cutting him solved a problem (other than getting rid of a player you dislike), I choose not to debate this topic with you. I've asked for proof numerous times, yet still never got anything. Until you do, good day sir.

BTW - I actually like Romo and tend to defend him actually. Obviously you again missed the point, in unfairly bashing him, not seeing the whole picture, much like you and others do TO.

Bandwagon Bill
03-10-2009, 11:40 AM
You dumbasses trying to argue for proof that TO was a cancer and a bad locker room guy are fucking stupid.

Proof? The GM and Owner of the Dallas Cowboys cut an on the field productive player that cost him $9 million against the cap. You fucking think he would do that just for fun? When has he ever cut a productive player putting up those stats before? Of course they cut him because he is a pain in the ass and was playing a role in destroying the locker room. Dumbasses.

Obstructed_View
03-10-2009, 03:40 PM
Anyways, until you prove how he was a problem, or that cutting him solved a problem (other than getting rid of a player you dislike), I choose not to debate this topic with you. I've asked for proof numerous times, yet still never got anything. Until you do, good day sir.

Yeah, you're right. I'm sorry I started the thread.

stretch
03-10-2009, 03:49 PM
Yeah, you're right. I'm sorry I started the thread.

:cry

monosylab1k
03-10-2009, 09:00 PM
Proof? The GM and Owner of the Dallas Cowboys cut an on the field productive player that cost him $9 million against the cap. You fucking think he would do that just for fun? When has he ever cut a productive player putting up those stats before? Of course they cut him because he is a pain in the ass and was playing a role in destroying the locker room. Dumbasses.

Yeah but this one time Jerry made a bad decision, so that means he always makes bad decisions, therefore TO is the bestest teammate in the world and we can just blame this on the new Axis Of Evil that includes The Big Bad TO-hatin' Media, Nazi Germany, and Bobby Carpenter.

stretch
03-11-2009, 01:01 AM
Yeah but this one time Jerry made a bad decision, so that means he always makes bad decisions, therefore TO is the bestest teammate in the world and we can just blame this on the new Axis Of Evil that includes The Big Bad TO-hatin' Media, Nazi Germany, and Bobby Carpenter.

hit the nail right on the head. glad to see you came around.

Bigzax
03-11-2009, 02:02 AM
i'll miss owens in dallas...

he killed my skins one game i remember for sure...

but i'll still miss the drama.

Warlord23
03-11-2009, 02:45 PM
:lol at stretch salivating about TO. The Raiders are already too far fucked up for TO to wreck them any further. I hope the Pats had got him, that would've been the end of a dynasty right there. As it is, there's sure to be enough entertainment in Buffalo

Borosai
03-11-2009, 03:32 PM
If T.O. want's to complain about something in Buffalo, he should start with the uniforms.

stretch
03-11-2009, 04:48 PM
:lol at stretch salivating about TO. The Raiders are already too far fucked up for TO to wreck them any further. I hope the Pats had got him, that would've been the end of a dynasty right there. As it is, there's sure to be enough entertainment in Buffalo

LMAO @ steeler fan's penis envy of the pats

what a fag

Pats >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Steelers

Warlord23
03-11-2009, 11:55 PM

what a fag

Pats >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Steelers

6 Rings, Faggots!

Blake
03-12-2009, 12:33 AM