PDA

View Full Version : Why so sensitive, Spursfans?

Shank
03-05-2009, 10:58 AM
Seriously - can Spursfans not just accept the loss and move on? I don't know that I've ever recalled such a butt-hurt group after a regular season loss. You knew the Mavs are always geared up to beat the Spurs and had the added incentive of the Cuban Ultimatum (Matt Damon as Cuban). It was a nationally-televised game, the crowd was up for it and there was the homecourt advantage.

No one is saying the Mavs are magically better than the Spurs after one game. Far from it.

But why so damn sensitive? The insults are more personal and fiery than ever. "4 rings, faggot" is being played non-stop in any Mavs-related thread. Do they not understand that the sun still came up this morning and that things are going to be alright?

rayray2k8
03-05-2009, 11:07 AM
That usually comes from members with less than 500 post..
I'll assume you're referring to the lack of calls the spurs got,
but in that's what hurt them.
They payed more attention to the refs than the mavs.
The majority of the game I heard it on the radio, so I didnt see what happened.
I did however here "clank" a lot. :lol

I could care less about the loss, but when late april comes and
the spurs are in trouble in a series, spurs fans start lining up to
jump off the cliff. :lol
Even when they're still up in a series.

IronMexican
03-05-2009, 11:09 AM
I noticed Spur fans were more pissed than usual after this loss.

Shank
03-05-2009, 11:10 AM
I noticed Spur fans were more pissed than usual after this loss.

It's bizarre. Is it because of the OKC loss?

IronMexican
03-05-2009, 11:17 AM
Probably. They were expecting a cake walk after the Mavs lost by 17 to the Durant and Green-less Thunder.

Rummpd
03-05-2009, 11:20 AM
Whoopee Mavs won as they try to make the playoffs:downspin:. This loss means nothing as the Spurs wait for an injured star and a new acquistion to get healthy. Bottom line the Mavs are a team in decline that can throw an occassional scare at any strong team but their inept management, i.e., borderline insane and unethical owner (see recent charges against him), ran off the only great young talent on the team (and a fine young coach with a defensive mindse). Meanwhile while their "superstar", Dirkie is as soft mentally as charmin, and their aging star, Kidd "the wife beater", is a shadow of himself.

Have a nice fishing trip Mavs fans. It will come early this year (again) How can anyone root for the Mavs honestly?????

Amarelooms
03-05-2009, 11:29 AM
Whoopee Mavs won as they try to make the playoffs:downspin:. This loss means nothing as the Spurs wait for an injured star and a new acquistion to get healthy. Bottom line the Mavs are a team in decline that can throw an occassional scare at any strong team but their inept management, i.e., borderline insane and unethical owner (see recent charges against him), ran off the only great young talent on the team (and a fine young coach with a defensive mindse). Meanwhile while their "superstar", Dirkie is as soft mentally as charmin, and their aging star, Kidd "the wife beater", is a shadow of himself.

Have a nice fishing trip Mavs fans. It will come early this year (again) How can anyone root for the Mavs honestly?????

Spurs will be fishing soon enough as well...no way that team comes out the West. Also if "your Spurs" play the Mavs in the first round there is a chance ya'll will be fishing first :elephant

CubanMustGo
03-05-2009, 11:35 AM
It's probably more because Cuban used the Spurs to get his sinking team to wake the fuck up than anything else. That combined with the usual rivalry between the two teams.

I was personally more upset when we lost to Milwaukee - not once but twice. And freakin' Toronto.

Brazil
03-05-2009, 11:37 AM
Shank you are on generalizing mode, most of spurs fans gave props for the Dallas W, no excuse mavs won fair and squair. Most of the fans thought before the game that it will be a tough game, the mavs and the spurs are not playing with the same intensity level than against OKC. We knew for sure that OKC meant shit and the mavs are still a dangerous team especially at home with Cuban calling them out.

Yesterday the mavs were the better team. For the spurs now they have lost by lack of D effort especially in the 3rd, Tim struggling with his js and some pop weird experiments but they played an overall good game. Once props to the mavs and maybe see you on the first round.

Shank
03-05-2009, 11:38 AM

Exhibit A.

tlongII
03-05-2009, 12:34 PM
Spurs fans are nervous. That's clear to me. Their grip on the #2 seed is slipping away.

Dex
03-05-2009, 12:35 PM
http://ihasahotdog.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/funny-dog-pictures-why-so-serious.jpg

dirk4mvp
03-05-2009, 12:35 PM

By not being a bandwagoning fuckstick like yourself.

dirk4mvp
03-05-2009, 12:37 PM
Spurs fans are nervous. That's clear to me. Their grip on the #2 seed is slipping away.

seriously, as successful ast they've been over the last decade, they're still about 5x more sensitive and insecure than sunsfans. It's ridiculous. The thread BUMP made, I believe some spur fans took that so serious, they were thinking about finding him and bbq'ing his head.

Brazil
03-05-2009, 12:43 PM
seriously, as successful ast they've been over the last decade, they're still about 5x more sensitive and insecure than sunsfans. It's ridiculous. The thread BUMP made, I believe some spur fans took that so serious, they were thinking about finding him and bbq'ing his head.

Of what fans are you talking about ?

BlackSwordsMan
03-05-2009, 12:44 PM
:angry post:

BlackSwordsMan
03-05-2009, 12:44 PM
not every fan is mad. I'm not it's only a reg season game.

ChumpDumper
03-05-2009, 12:47 PM
Gotta be a sensitive sort to start a thread like this :tu

JamStone
03-05-2009, 12:49 PM
"Some" fans of each team get butt hurt after a loss.

Newsflash: that happens with every fan base.

We're all fans of our teams. We can get fanatic. Not all fans are rational. Often times, most fans are not rational. Not really a big deal.

Shank
03-05-2009, 12:52 PM
Gotta be a sensitive sort to start a thread like this :tu

Mere observation isn't sensitivity.

dirk4mvp
03-05-2009, 12:54 PM
not every fan is mad. I'm not it's only a reg season game.

I like how if the Mavs lose last night, there'd be 34 The Mavs can't even win the Regular season threads, and if the Mavs win there's 34 It's only the regular season threads. How's that double standard taste, faggot?

My bad. Spurs 4 rings.

Dex
03-05-2009, 12:55 PM
This coming from a fanbase that goes from 'loving their team!' to denouncing them on a daily basis?

dirk4mvp
03-05-2009, 12:58 PM
This coming from a fanbase that goes from 'loving their team!' to denouncing them on a daily basis?

Donnie Nelson != entire mavericks fanbase

BlackSwordsMan
03-05-2009, 01:45 PM
I like how if the Mavs lose last night, there'd be 34 The Mavs can't even win the Regular season threads, and if the Mavs win there's 34 It's only the regular season threads. How's that double standard taste, faggot?

My bad. Spurs 4 rings.

I wouldn't talk shit. I would just be happier than I would have normally been last night.

dirk4mvp
03-05-2009, 01:46 PM
I wouldn't talk shit. I would just be happier than I would have normally been last night.

Well, you're a rare exception :toast

Agloco
03-05-2009, 03:54 PM
Probably. They were expecting a cake walk after the Mavs lost by 17 to the Durant and Green-less Thunder.

And they're idiots for thinking that way. Anyone with a few brain cells knew that Cuban had gotten his guys fired up already. Hell, even without those comments, I'd hope the Mavs were gonna come back and at least have a decent showing on their own......

One meaningless fucking game.

Muser
03-05-2009, 03:58 PM
Get ready for a lot of Spurs fans to be joining the Laker/Cavs bandwagon in the coming years.

dirk4mvp
03-05-2009, 03:59 PM
I wonder if Spurfan gets tired of running the same smack over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

Muser
03-05-2009, 04:00 PM
Yep 4 rings...and what do the Mavs have????? It's very easy. That's all we have to do. Look in our rafters and then your's Memphis Mavs fan.

And no one cares as much about this regular season game more than you loser Mavs fans, since you are all about the regular season. How can Mavs fans talk shit? Win something relevant and then feel free to talk.
:lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt:

:rolleyes

BlackSwordsMan
03-05-2009, 04:01 PM
Get ready for a lot of Spurs fans to be joining the Laker/Cavs bandwagon in the coming years.

yup that's why I don't talk trash one day spurs will be on the decline as well :depressed

dirk4mvp
03-05-2009, 04:02 PM
What else is there to say? The point of playing the game is to win, right? And the Spurs win...don't you get tired of talking about a team that just wins? Someone's jealous. That's alright maybe the Memphis Mavs will win it all soon.

I wonder if Spurfan gets tired of running the same smack over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

IronMexican
03-05-2009, 04:05 PM
14 rings(!), faggots!

BlackSwordsMan
03-05-2009, 04:12 PM
this thread isn't about the lakers faggot

Agloco
03-05-2009, 04:19 PM
14 rings(!), faggots!

Someone missed the boat.....

Muser
03-05-2009, 04:25 PM
Damn man, sometimes i'm embarrased to be a spurs fan with you guys.

Every thread anyone creates and you all instantly move to the "4 rings, faggots!" line. Grow a pair man..

Muser
03-05-2009, 04:34 PM
Or maybe, just like I said some fans could grow a pair and admit defeat and that the Mavs played better ball.

dirk4mvp
03-05-2009, 04:36 PM
I ask again: what else is there? What else should we say??????

Uh how about the game last night instead of turning it into what pea brained spurfans turn it into every time.

Also I know you're really fucking retard, so I'll tell you - Mavfans made up the 4 rings, faggot so when you say that in a serious manner, you're making yourself look like a shithead.

Muser
03-05-2009, 04:39 PM
Next Thursday this forum is gonna be covered in virtual dick waving..

Agloco
03-05-2009, 04:40 PM
Uh how about the game last night instead of turning it into what pea brained spurfans turn it into every time.

Also I know you're really fucking retard, so I'll tell you - Mavfans made up the 4 rings, faggot so when you say that in a serious manner, you're making yourself look like a shithead.

You won.

You've also won a Western Conference title.

dirk4mvp
03-05-2009, 04:41 PM
You won.

You're damn right they did. No one on the Spurs could hold Howard.

Agloco
03-05-2009, 04:43 PM
You're damn right they did. No one on the Spurs could hold Howard.

Why the hell doesn't he show up like that for all of his games?

Muser
03-05-2009, 04:45 PM
If Terry was consistent he'd be one of the top 10 players IMO

Shank
03-05-2009, 04:47 PM
Oh that's fine...yes we lost. I admit it. When someone talks shit "why so sensitive Spursfan" and they are shitty Mavs fans you can't take that. Yeah they won. Good for them, but don't act like you just beat the Spurs in the Finals and talk bad about our city. 4 rings=this is just another game, this meant alot more to your team than our's.

Why so sensitive?

Muser
03-05-2009, 04:49 PM
If it means Jack to you then stop getting so worked up over it..

dirk4mvp
03-05-2009, 04:49 PM
Why the hell doesn't he show up like that for all of his games?

Lack of interest. If he went somewhere else, he'd average 25 and 8.

dirk4mvp
03-05-2009, 04:52 PM
Yep...must of been a regular season game. If it wasn't he would have been a ghost. Spurs fans could care less about this loss. This means more to you Memphis Mavs fans than us cuz we've won before. That's why we say 4 rings....while you are jumping up and down with Mark Cuban at half court b/c you won a game on March 4th, we are all laughing. It's a regular season game. Means jack. When it counts the Spurs win and the Mavs lose...constantly.

Sorry guy, but the regular season is gonna mean a lot more than it does now to spurfans when Duncan retires.

Shank
03-05-2009, 04:55 PM
:sleep

How's Dungeons and Dragons treating you? Nice horse by the way.

Seriously, man. Why are you so sensitive about all of this?

CubanMustGo
03-05-2009, 04:56 PM
Getting worked up and explaining something are 2 different things. I am not worked up. I am meering explaining the 4 rings reference. Are you sure you are a Spurs fan?

All you do with your repeated 4 rings bleating is keep proving the OP's point. Move on.

Muser
03-05-2009, 04:59 PM
Getting worked up and explaining something are 2 different things. I am not worked up. I am meering explaining the 4 rings reference. Are you sure you are a Spurs fan?

I'm not even gonna dignify that with an answer.

Rummpd
03-05-2009, 04:59 PM
By not being a bandwagoning fuckstick like yourself.

I am sure I have been a Spurs fan longer and with more loyalty (i.e. since they were in the ABA) than your love of your dysfunctional team and owner.
That being said I admire your and other Mavs fan's loyalty - at least you are not Lakers or Celtics Bandwagoners!
One thing is for sure an all time Spurs team would stomp on any "all time Mavs team"!

DrHouse
03-05-2009, 05:30 PM
Face it Spur fan. You lost. Accept that and move on.

You show insecurity by having to belittle Mav fan with your stupid "4 RINGS BITCH!" smack talk. It's just one game and if the game didn't mean shit to you then you wouldn't feel the need to talk smack.

Muser
03-05-2009, 05:32 PM
face it spur fan. You lost. Accept that and move on.

You show insecurity by having to belittle mav fan with your stupid "4 rings bitch!" smack talk. It's just one game and if the game didn't mean shit to you then you wouldn't feel the need to talk smack.

+1

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-05-2009, 05:52 PM
2002 was a long time ago.

So is 1999 but every time you say four rings you're referencing 1999.

PS - You might be calling Mavs fans losers, but one of them just completely raped you in the argument.

Findog
03-05-2009, 06:01 PM
14 rings(!), faggots!

:lmao

Findog
03-05-2009, 06:01 PM
Cuatro anillos, puta!

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-05-2009, 06:02 PM
Btw who is that fat fuck in your av?

dirk4mvp
03-05-2009, 06:41 PM
I'll take herpes from Jessica Alba anyday.

Brad Pitt > Steven Seagal

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-05-2009, 06:42 PM
Phx fan? Hmm.

It's Steven Seagal

Great comeback I could have never seen it coming......idiot.

I'm going to guess your next post is going to be something about rings and how the Spurs have more than Phoenix and Dallas.

dirk4mvp
03-05-2009, 06:43 PM
Great comeback I could have never seen it coming......idiot.

I'm going to guess your next post is going to be something about rings and how the Spurs have more than Phoenix and Dallas.

I'll take herpes from Jessica Alba anyday.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-05-2009, 06:44 PM
I want to be a Celtics fan for a week just to see if repeatedly posting about how many rings the team I cheer for has is as entertaining and enthralling as some Spurs and Laker fans make it seem.

Spursdaone
03-05-2009, 07:13 PM
We are just so insecure in knowing the mavs are the better team. Reality bites sometimes.

manufor3
03-05-2009, 08:18 PM

no i was expecting a loss.
because of cuban and losing to thunder

mystargtr34
03-05-2009, 08:32 PM
14 rings(!), faggots!

Your starting to concern yourself with the Spurs alot more now that LA has lost some games in a row and the Spurs have gotten a 6'10" rebounder and scorer on their roster.

Funny that.

mystargtr34
03-05-2009, 08:42 PM
You can only laugh at these Suns, Mavs and Laker fans making their own day by generalising 'SpurFans' as sensitive whiny bitches.

Its obvious your the sensitive ones who want a reaction out of 'Spurfans" by trying to convince yourselfs, and other people that the Spurs are actually sensitive about a regular season loss (to a team thats actually pretty good at home, and especially during the regular season), and generalising 'normal' Spurs fans who know what their team has done, and will continue to do...

Win, when the fuck it matters.

Good job last night Dallas, you played better and deserved to win the game. You were the better team last night. Josh Howard was great, Dirk was great. Good luck in the playoffs.

There, now all you non Spurs fans can start to generalise all 'SpurFans' as generous, classy and rational fans. Go ahead.

Or just pick a few bandwagoners who say "4 Rings"... "Mavs Suck", and make yourselves feel awesome by saying "Look at Spurfan all but hurt over a regular season loss".

:lol. Classic.

SynicFan
03-05-2009, 09:05 PM
This is BAD COMEDY.

Biggems
03-05-2009, 09:34 PM
really the thing that bugs me about this loss.....

Jason Kidd making his 3pt shots. He has had a mediocre jump shot throughout his career, but against the Spurs he always seems to be spot on.

The Spurs had their chances.....they missed several wide open 3s in the second half, especially the 4th quarter. Meanwhile, the Mavs made the shots when it mattered.

Yes the loss last night stung. I am still upset about it. Losing to the Mavs sucks. I hate it, mainly cause of Cuban and Terry.

On a good note, at least Houston lost last night, so they didnt gain any ground on the Spurs.

GO SPURS GO

peskypesky
03-05-2009, 09:56 PM
yawn.....

21_Blessings
03-05-2009, 10:29 PM
Funny that.

:lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt: :lobt: :lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt:

mystargtr34
03-06-2009, 01:56 AM
:lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt: :lobt: :lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt:

Do you brag about the number of women your dad fucked while he was a teenager?

IronMexican
03-06-2009, 01:57 AM
Your starting to concern yourself with the Spurs alot more now that LA has lost some games in a row and the Spurs have gotten a 6'10" rebounder and scorer on their roster.

Funny that.

Que?

Pelicans78
03-06-2009, 02:01 AM
really the thing that bugs me about this loss.....

Jason Kidd making his 3pt shots. He has had a mediocre jump shot throughout his career, but against the Spurs he always seems to be spot on.

The Spurs had their chances.....they missed several wide open 3s in the second half, especially the 4th quarter. Meanwhile, the Mavs made the shots when it mattered.

Yes the loss last night stung. I am still upset about it. Losing to the Mavs sucks. I hate it, mainly cause of Cuban and Terry.

Unfortunately, New Orleans won tonight allowing them to gain ground on the Spurs.

GO SPURS GO

Fixed.

Ghazi
03-06-2009, 02:06 AM
Hornets have a fool's gold win streak going for them.

Pelicans78
03-06-2009, 02:13 AM
Hornets have a fool's gold win streak going for them.

Better to win ugly than to lose pretty. Keep it happening.

Xylus
03-06-2009, 02:48 AM
Hi guys. I like cheese.

spursfan09
03-06-2009, 08:13 AM

You are generalizing. I don't think I can be insecure about the Spurs. If nobody likes them who cares. I do, and thats all I care about- me.

Harry Callahan
03-06-2009, 08:20 AM
My dislike of the Mavs is rooted in the owner. An insufferable A-Hole.

Cuban looked like he wanted to go kill someone last night in new orleans.

Bottom line is the Mavs have moved back to the pack a little bit and don't appear to be real title contenders. This next eight game stretch might mess up things for them.

Biggems
03-06-2009, 08:21 AM
Better to win ugly than to lose pretty. Keep it happening.

at least somebody gets it.....

GO SPURS GO

Biggems
03-06-2009, 08:24 AM
My dislike of the Mavs is rooted in the owner. An insufferable A-Hole.

Cuban looked like he wanted to go kill someone last night in new orleans.

Bottom line is the Mavs have moved back to the pack a little bit and don't appear to be real title contenders. This next eight game stretch might mess up things for them.

thanks to Cuban and the stupid Harris/Kidd trade. He also sent draft picks and some other young talent as well. Basically, Dallas shot their load getting to the Finals...now they are just a bunch of impotent limp dicks badly in need of a Cialis infusion.

Rogue
03-06-2009, 09:02 AM
thanks to Cuban and the stupid Harris/Kidd trade. He also sent draft picks and some other young talent as well. Basically, Dallas shot their load getting to the Finals...now they are just a bunch of impotent limp dicks badly in need of a Cialis infusion.
none of our beloved guys in blue is dick except George, and even George doesn't have any appetite to inject his spurms with his dick into a bitch who likes talking about man's dick.

dirk4mvp
03-06-2009, 10:39 AM
Do you brag about the number of women your dad fucked while he was a teenager?

Uh, spurfans don't do what he just did?

Dex
03-06-2009, 10:47 AM
Whatever happened to the Texas wave?