PDA

View Full Version : Wade Fine With MVP Chances After 15-Win Season

duncan228
03-05-2009, 07:20 PM
Wade fine with MVP chances after 15-win season (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ap-heat-mvpwade&prov=ap&type=lgns)

For months, Miami Heat president Pat Riley has been telling Dwyane Wade that he’s “BIW,” his text-message shorthand for Best In the World.

But it’s another acronym beginning to creep into Wade’s psyche.

Let MVP talk begin. LeBron James, Kobe Byrant, Wade?

“I’m just happy to be in the discussion,” the star Heat guard said. “Coming from where I came from last year, my team winning 15 games to where we are now, it’s a blessing.”

iggypop123
03-05-2009, 08:42 PM
he should finish no higher than 4th in voting

mystargtr34
03-05-2009, 08:44 PM
1. LeBron
2. Kobe
----------
3. Wade
4. CP3
5. Duncan
6. Howard
----------
7. Roy
8. Williams

Trying to get as many names in as i can.

JamStone
07-12-2010, 08:33 AM
Pat Riley new texts:

To Dwyane Wade: "y.b.S.n." = you better swallow now

To LeBron: "B.s.I.W." = best sidekick in the world

To Chris Bosh: "Y.P.G.T.b.l.b.s.y.t.b." = you're pretty good too but let's be serious, you're the third banana

To Mario Chalmers: "d.f.t.u.a." = don't fuck this up, asshole

To Erik Spoelstra: "d.g.c." don't get comfortable

To Michael Jordan: "t.m.h.m.a.t." = tell me how my ass tastes

Basketballgirl25
07-12-2010, 08:37 AM
Pat Riley new texts:

To Chris Bosh: "Y.P.G.T.b.l.b.s.y.t.b." = you're pretty good too but let's be serious, you're the third banana

like Chris Bosh text:lol, he really is the third banana.

Drachen
07-12-2010, 08:39 AM
MVP next year is either Durant or Kobe. I don't see any other scenario that could possibly happen.

2Cleva
07-12-2010, 08:44 AM
MVP next year is either Durant or Kobe. I don't see any other scenario that could possibly happen.

Agreed unless Howard finds a post game.

MiamiHeat
07-12-2010, 09:23 AM

If the HEAT end up with the best record in the league (very likely) and they are playing beautiful basketball, LeBron being the best player on the team....

he can win MVP.

in fact, This is a guaranteed discussion when MVP talk heats up.

"Who's the mvp for the heat???"

Pretty much guaranteed that either Bron or Wade will be in MVP talk and will win it IF the Heat is dominating on the court

Flo-Rida
07-12-2010, 09:24 AM
Durant is gonna win it this year

ffadicted
07-12-2010, 09:29 AM
If you're in the Miami Heat this year, you are NOT winning the MVP, even if your team goes 82 - 0. That's a fact

Basketballgirl25
07-12-2010, 09:34 AM
If the HEAT end up with the best record in the league (very likely) and they are playing beautiful basketball, LeBron being the best player on the team....

he can win MVP.

Pretty much guaranteed that either Bron or Wade will be in MVP talk and will win it IF the Heat is dominating on the court

it's guaranteed? nothing guaranteed in this world

Kai
07-12-2010, 09:38 AM

he can win MVP.

I mostly agree.

JamStone
07-12-2010, 09:42 AM
LeBron's scoring may go down, but I think the rest of his stats will go up. If LeBron averages 22-24 ppg, 9 apg, 8-9 rpg, he's going to be in the MVP discussion, absolutely.

But this thread is getting off topic. This is about Pat Riley's new texts to people...

Killakobe81
07-12-2010, 10:15 AM
durant wont win unless OKC finshes in the top 2 in the west ...

Cp3 almost beat out kobe with a #2 seed ...

Durant needs the same ...

Killakobe81
07-12-2010, 10:18 AM
I mostly agree.

if they are playing REALLY well as a team Wade and Lebron will split votes ...

Im guessing Howard, durant and kobe will be favorites but who knows and really I could care less if kobe gets it ...

MVP awards has been horeshit ever since they stopped giving it to MJ ...and I'm not a huge MJ fan.

But ever since they have been looking for reasons not to give it to the best player every year ...

MiamiHeat
07-12-2010, 10:22 AM
if they are playing REALLY well as a team Wade and Lebron will split votes ...

Im guessing Howard, durant and kobe will be favorites but who knows and really I could care less if kobe gets it ...

MVP awards has been horeshit ever since they stopped giving it to MJ ...and I'm not a huge MJ fan.

But ever since they have been looking for reasons not to give it to the best player every year ...

yup, too many times the best player doesn't get it.

most of the time, they give it to the best player on the best team....which ignores the great players on teams that are "middle of the pack" but in reality, those teams are complete shit without the great player.

those guys get ignored.

that was the case with Kobe in 2006, he should have won that one and not the 2008 one

2008 was chris paul's year.

Killakobe81
07-12-2010, 12:01 PM
yup, too many times the best player doesn't get it.

most of the time, they give it to the best player on the best team....which ignores the great players on teams that are "middle of the pack" but in reality, those teams are complete shit without the great player.

those guys get ignored.

that was the case with Kobe in 2006, he should have won that one and not the 2008 one

2008 was chris paul's year.

I thought he deserved it in 2006 and 2008 but i can see why stat heads preferred CP3 ...

Like I said award means little to me Nash should not have 2 ...one maybe i would of gave 1 to Lebron 1 to Kobe

Ditto Malone ...they robbed MJ one year
Barkley was great but he has one of Mj's too ...

TinTin
07-12-2010, 12:09 PM
1. LeBron
2. Kobe
----------
3. Wade
4. CP3
5. Duncan
6. Howard
----------
7. Roy
8. Williams

Trying to get as many names in as i can.

As much as it pains me to say it, come on man, you know Duncan is not in the discussion :lol

Kevin Durant 35
07-12-2010, 12:17 PM
If OKC has a better record than last year and KD average around 30 ppg then he will get it Unless Miami Heat record would be like 68 wins or more, then someone on their team will get MVP.

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-12-2010, 12:19 PM
Pat Riley new texts:

:lol

2Cleva
07-12-2010, 12:56 PM
LeBron lost his chance at MVP in the playoffs. Back-to-back MVPs but couldn't get his team to the Finals? Even averaging a triple-double wouldn't be enough for writers to vote him in again.

Him going to gravy train in Miami instead of making his own way in Cleveland, NY, or Chicago sealed it.

himat
07-12-2010, 01:13 PM
I can see LBJ averaging a triple double next year...

He averaged about 30, 8, and 8.

I can see him averaging 20,10, and 10.

Did you see how easily LeBron got that triple double in game 6 when he didn't care about helping his team score? That's what Miami might be like.

picc84
07-12-2010, 01:13 PM
Well, there's one thing we know - Lebron is MVP of the Greenwich, CT boys and girls club. And thats something Wade's chances will never be "fine" with.

Who knows where those kids would be now if not for that special. They might be forced to relocate to a community where everyone makes only a couple million a year. It'd be devastating.