PDA

View Full Version : In what universe is it ok to eat your roommates food without asking?

MiamiHeat
03-05-2009, 10:11 PM
I ASK YOU!!!

I had the most ridiculous problem with food disappearing with my last roommates. I never touched my roommates' food. And I was constantly tortured with long ass emails like this:

Hey ---,
Sorry to bother you, but this is just something that has been
bothering me for a while so I was just wondering if there had maybe
been some mis comunication or something. Anyways, since I don't eat a
lot at the apartment due to the fact that I eat 95% of my meals at the
[family I nanny for], I kind of notice when my meals go missing. Well, last
night, I cooked a lasagna meal in the oven, ate half of it, and then
put the original (black) container with aluminm foil over it into the
frigde on the middle shelf, next to your bag of pizza. I remember
doing this because it was just last night and I distinctly put it next
to your pizza. Anyways, I only ate half of it in hopes that I would
be able to eat the rest tonight. I am really not trying to be
annoying about this, but I went to go eat it tonight and I noticed
that it was gone. I asked [other roommate] about it, and she swears on her life
she had nothing to do with it. She saw me eating it out of my blue
glass bowl last night and also cooking a piece of low fat garlic bread
I had in the freezer. The REALLY weird thing about it is, I looked
through the trash can and could not for the life of me find the
container. However, I also could not help but notice that your pizza
bag and a few other items were also missing. I was wondering, did you
maybe do a fridge cleaning and throw it out? If so, would it be
helpful if I wrote with permanent marker my name on my leftovers and
also the date? I know that probably sounds annoying, but this has
happened a few times, and with me eating so few of my meals at home, I
kind of "value" what I do spend on food. And if you have no idea what
I am talking about, I guess I am either 1) totally crazy or 2)
literally waking up in the middle of the night and eating everything
out of the fridge and then hiding the trash without me remembering
lol...like those people on Montel!!! And if you were cleaning out the
fridge and accidently threw it away, I appreciate that SOOOO much and
will definitely do a better job of letting you know what is old and
what has just been put there. Thanks and sorry again to bother you!!

Blake
03-05-2009, 10:14 PM
stop eating their food

Chief
03-05-2009, 10:19 PM
ur roomates send u emails about missing food rather then talk to u about it at the apartment ?

InRareForm
03-05-2009, 10:22 PM
cheap motherf'ers, a huge letter for some missing food? I know it is rough times, but really????

what happen to direct communication? :lol

tlongII
03-05-2009, 10:23 PM
You live platonically with 2 chicks???

Bartleby
03-05-2009, 10:28 PM
You live platonically with 2 chicks???

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii297/babbalanja/threescompany.jpg

Arthur
03-05-2009, 10:49 PM
http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii297/babbalanja/threescompany.jpg

So long as I can have a munch on their pretties i see no foul.

Moocher
03-05-2009, 10:53 PM
Unless your name is on it it is fair game.

florige
03-05-2009, 11:48 PM
So was the lasagna good at least Garfield? You didn't have to eat half the fucking bowl dude.

MiamiHeat
03-06-2009, 12:11 AM
I'll give you some more entertainment-

So, the other week I get an IM from the roommate who swears she didn't eat the food asking how long it takes mayo to expire because the one who emailed me about the food in the first place threw away her (unexpired) mayo while on one of her extreme cleaning binges. So the celery-eating one texts her saying could you not throw away my unexpired food I just bought 2 months ago. And the "anyways" emailer sends her a novel of text messages consisting of:

yes it expired 3 months ago. i don't believe in keeping things in the fridge that have expired over a month bc its just kinda nasty and it can honestly make you VERY sick

i guess if you really really want to keep very expired food in the fridge we can talk about what we could do about that, but it just kinda starts to smell and get moldy and 3 months expried is kinda not at the point where its healthy anymore

i was just making sure! geez take a deep breath! i didnt know if you were one of those people who doesnt care about expiration dates, some people don't at all so i was just trying to be helpful and compromising

obviously we will just have to have a difference of opinions there which is fine. next time i will just leave all of your expired things on the shelf in the fridge that way you can double check the expiration date so we wont have to have this problem again. should make things easy enough

the only one i threw out was a reduced fat mayo in a jar and then a miracle whip in a squeeze bottle, and i am 100% sure they were both expired. oh sorry i dont classify miracle whip as mayo... my bad!!!

marini martini
03-06-2009, 12:21 AM
Damn.............I'd be bi, if I were you!!! Hell I'd go out full gay!!!:toast

mrsmaalox
03-06-2009, 12:25 AM
Damn.............I'd be bi, if I were you!!! Hell I'd go out full gay!!!:toast

:lmao WTF?!? I thought this was about eating someone's food!!!

Anyway I only ever had one roommate in my time and we never had trouble with food. We each bought groceries, cooked, shared anything we had.

completely deck
03-06-2009, 12:28 AM
Can't you just talk to these people face to face? I don't understand what the problem is. If you didn't eat their food, tell them that and thats all you should do. Their food isn't your responsibility.

Dr. Gonzo
03-06-2009, 12:31 AM
A bag of pizza?

Winehole23
03-06-2009, 12:32 AM
When I was in college we had something called the *who fucked up?* rule. It applied mainly to beer. It goes something like this --

Go to the fridge. Open the door. If you see beer in the fridge that's not yours you say:

"Who fucked up? Somebody's just going to drink this." And claim the beer as yours.

Also good as a reply to where's my beer?

Richard Cranium
03-06-2009, 12:45 AM
A simple reminder works for me.

http://content5.videojug.com/48/48461a4f-8dbc-04e6-bea8-ff0008cafb57/how-to-stop-co-workers-from-stealing-you.jpg

completely deck
03-06-2009, 12:46 AM

http://content5.videojug.com/48/48461a4f-8dbc-04e6-bea8-ff0008cafb57/how-to-stop-co-workers-from-stealing-you.jpg

:lol I love the frown

BlackSwordsMan
03-06-2009, 12:50 AM
your roommate needs to be taught paragraphs

Viva Las Espuelas
03-06-2009, 01:12 AM
miamiheat. you need another roommate. that dude is cuckoo.

Viva Las Espuelas
03-06-2009, 01:14 AM

we had some jackass at my work stealing peoples lunches out of the fridge.whoever it was was a sneaky bastard. anyway, one time i had a bottle of apple juice. i would shake it up really good to build up foam and wrote SAMPLE on it..............................it was never touched.

dickface
03-06-2009, 01:14 AM
Just how fat are these female roommates of yours?

David Bowie
03-06-2009, 01:18 AM
I used to live in an apartment where people would post notes such as this

"GIVE ME BACK MY PINEAPPLE, YOU BITCH! I KNOW WHO YOU ARE"

marini martini
03-06-2009, 01:23 AM
I used to live in an apartment where people would post notes such as this

"GIVE ME BACK MY PINEAPPLE, YOU BITCH! I KNOW WHO YOU ARE"

:lmao

TDMVPDPOY
03-06-2009, 04:19 AM
pics of room mates

mavs>spurs2
03-06-2009, 05:28 AM
wait, miamiheat is a chick?

JoeChalupa
03-06-2009, 09:14 AM
wait, miamiheat is a chick?

Didn't she post she was "F" awhile back?

florige
03-06-2009, 09:27 AM
When I worked inside last year while I was injured there was this person at my job who would eat peoples lunch in the fridge. They kept saying it was the maintanance guy, but a couple of times that crap happened when he wasn't working. When that would happen the excuse was it got thrown away because it had been there more than a week. I don't know when Monday to Tuesday became a week. It got so bad that I started keeping my lunch in a cooler.

Richard Cranium
03-06-2009, 09:55 AM
These help too.

http://larryfire.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/lunch-1.jpg

MiamiHeat
03-06-2009, 05:20 PM
lol

MissAllThat
03-09-2009, 03:57 AM
Miamiheat, I feel sorry for you. Looks like your roommates are crazy. I had a crazy roommate last year. I used exactly one shelf in the whole refrigerator for my stuff. Well, she would get annoyed when her and my other roommate ran out of room and decide that she could just take my beer or wine out and set it on the counter. I finally got annoyed and was like ok look, I use one shelf. Doesn't matter what its for, but its mine. You 2 have the rest of the stupid thing, so next time you run out of room move something of yours because if I come home and see a full beer or bottle of wine on the counter getting hot, I'm taking your milk out in the middle of the night and letting you wake up to that...at least drink the beer, gosh. That was the last time such a thing happened. I hate living with girls though. They are pretty much all retarded. I think I love living alone now.

Ugh, and what is with the girl habit of sending texts/emails about problems or leaving post its everywhere? Who came up with this idea? They should be slapped.

tlongII
03-09-2009, 09:05 AM
Didn't she post she was "F" awhile back?

I don't think so. I suppose it's possible though.

TDMVPDPOY
03-09-2009, 09:57 AM
its even shitter when they dont do the dishes or take out the bin.....fokn freeloaders i hate them