PDA

View Full Version : The Allas Mavericks disgust me...

nsrammstein
03-05-2009, 10:59 PM
They have no one that can step up and give us a 20 point performance right now, all they have is a clusterfudge of players that would be the 8th or 7th players on other teams,

No wonder teams can go stretches by sending 2 or 3 players at Dirk without worrying other players on the Mavs are going to torch them, not even Jet.
The team chemistry, defense, effort and ball rotation disgusts me more than a rotting body that has been left out in the sun for a couple of day. This was just another fine example of how the Mavs need to gut the team completely this offseason starting with Barea, Bass and Josh Howard.

I don't know why Aintoine Wright keeps getting all these minutes the guy can't even make his free throws, yeah he'll drain a wide open three once in a while but he's useless, I don't know what defense Carlisle keeps talking about if he really does play any defense then why wasn't he guarding or even trying to put a face on Paul's face?

Ghazi
03-05-2009, 11:01 PM
*yawn*

We knew this shit 3 months ago, we really did.

Ghazi
03-05-2009, 11:02 PM
Are Barea and Bass such a huge part of this rotation that ridding them would be considered "gutting"? lol

BlackSwordsMan
03-05-2009, 11:03 PM
they won last night

nsrammstein
03-05-2009, 11:04 PM
Are Barea and Bass such a huge part of this rotation that ridding them would be considered "gutting"? lol

Sadly yes

Donnie Nelson
03-05-2009, 11:07 PM
they won last night
:clap

Spursmania
03-05-2009, 11:16 PM
Sorry you lost tonight. I was hoping you'd beat the Hornets, because I can't stand the coach. Like Chandler though.

Indazone
03-05-2009, 11:23 PM
It took everything they had to put down the Spurs. Now that they played their guts out yesterday, the mental letdowns have come back.

Ghazi
03-05-2009, 11:23 PM
I know it's a message board.

But we beloved Mavs fans really shouldn't start threads belittling our team at this point.

The tempo of the season was set 9 games into the season when we were 2-7.

That's when we basically found out the Mavs weren't going to be anything special this year... although personally before the year I had thought we'd finish 54-28 and that's in all likelihood unachievable at this point.

But yeah... 9 games into the season it was clear we werent' special.

Actually 3 for me... when the Cavs came into our beloved AAC and skullfucked us, I just knew we weren't great this year.

so we really shouldn't start threads from here on out belittling our beloved boys in blue. I mean, they are what they are. What they are in the first 62 they will be in the final 20. Maybe we'll pick up a solid win here and there, a bad loss there, a blowout loss here, etc etc... it's just the way it is for now.

Teams may have little win streaks here and there, but nobody "turns it on" 2/3 into the season. The elite teams right now are the Cavs/Celtics/Lakers, and there's a 98% chance the champion will be one of these 3 teams.

I'm just looking forward to the offseason at this point, although I will continue to follow our beloved boys in blue to the gates of hell.

And chances are nothing can be done in the offseason. When teams go from elite to mediocre, it means they're on the decline and it's hard to stave that off. I'm just hoping some how some way the economic climate creates valuable offers for the likes of Stackhouse, Howard, and somewhere I heard Dampier's contract becomes friendly since not all of his 2010-2011 contract is guaranteed.

It's a long shot though.

We had our time, it was 2006. We won a championship, but the refs decided it wasn't meant to be. Then in 2007 the Warriors slayed us with their onslaught of 3 pointers.

8 straight 50 win seasons... that's an impressive feat... it has to come to an end at some point and this looks like the year. Not everyone can be like the Spurs and new elite teams emerge to replace the old elite teams.

I know it's an empty feeling thouhg, all these great years but no title. But do not be mad at our beloved boys in blue for this, be mad at Bennett Salvatore and his cursed Game 5 whistle that shall go down as the worst call in the history of the NBA Finals.

Rogue
03-05-2009, 11:32 PM
We love our boys in blue

Ghazi
03-05-2009, 11:33 PM
On a vexing note the Mavs haven't won a roadie since February 2nd v the Magic and have shot 42.5% or worse in all of those road games since. 40% or under 4 times too.

Bottom line, team is having trouble putting the ball in the basket on the road.

IronMexican
03-05-2009, 11:40 PM
I see what you did with the thread title! That was clever.

mystargtr34
03-06-2009, 01:59 AM
Fuck the Mavs.

Ditty
03-06-2009, 02:03 AM
Fuck the Mavs.

:toast

dirk4mvp
03-06-2009, 10:42 AM
Fuck the Mavs.

Since that might be the only thing you ever will, go for it :toast

stretch
03-06-2009, 10:45 AM

:lol

Mr.ChugDynasty
03-06-2009, 11:46 AM
It took everything they had to put down the Spurs. Now that they played their guts out yesterday, the mental letdowns have come back.

Can rockets fans just stick to rockets threads yeah?

fuck off and die

BUMP
03-06-2009, 12:45 PM

huh? what did he do?