View Full Version : Fire Hut Grill & Bar

Shelly
03-10-2005, 02:49 PM
is some damn good food.

http://www.firehutgrill.com/

That is all....

JoeChalupa
03-10-2005, 03:55 PM
I agree. I have to take my wife one of these days.

blackbucket
03-10-2005, 04:30 PM
I enjoyed it. Lunch prices are outstanding. Dinner is a little pricy considering it is essentially the same food items.

I prefer Fire Wok in Huebner Oaks Shopping center. Their website sucks but it is a local restaurant.
Fire Wok (http://www.firewok.com/)

A casual version of Fire Hut is Fire Bowl Cafe in Alamo Quarry. It is very good.
Fire Bowl (http://www.firebowlcafe.com/)

You can't go wrong with any of these places. And they are all very creative with their names! :lol

tlongII
03-10-2005, 05:10 PM
These are restaurants that cater to "older people", correct?

bigzak25
03-10-2005, 05:13 PM
:lol that's low...

Useruser666
03-10-2005, 05:32 PM
It's not the Matlock Bar and Grill.

Shelly
03-10-2005, 05:33 PM
Blackbucket, dinner is all you can eat, hence, the higher prices.

When you fill up your bowl, it doesn't look like a lot of food, but it's more than enough after they cook it and bring it to your table.

p.s. The door to Malik's restaurant was open, so they must be working on finishing it.

2Blonde
03-10-2005, 05:49 PM
The "Pei Wei Restaurant" is also very good. It's kind of like a diner version of PF Chang's. Seating for large groups at peak times are difficult though because it's not terribly big. It's by Red Robin at 1604/281N

...2Blonde

mouse
03-10-2005, 06:55 PM
Do Midgets pay 1/2 price?

http://www.boomspeed.com/woaimouse/Mouse-Rack.jpg

davi78239
03-10-2005, 07:12 PM
Agree on Fire wok in Huebner. That's some good shit. Asked one of my classmates who worked there last semester if they plan on expansion. He said that they are probably gonna close in on a 281/1604 location.

davi78239
03-10-2005, 07:15 PM
I would also like to add that I hope there's expansion plans in the future for California Pizza Kitchen. Huebner oaks is too far of a drive for me to go there more often.

blackbucket
03-10-2005, 08:27 PM
Blackbucket, dinner is all you can eat, hence, the higher prices.

Oh, I thought it was all you can eat all the time. My bad.

I will have to try that Pei Wei joint.

scott
03-10-2005, 10:53 PM
I've only been to the Fire Hut @ Bandera & 1604 and thought it was fairly disgusting.

Flea
03-11-2005, 08:54 AM
Pei Wei is very good. Expect to wait in line during peak hours. The prices are better than PF Changs but the food is just as good. They also have lettuce wraps. :spin

tsb2000
03-11-2005, 09:11 AM
They've got a Pei Wei in Arizona. It's awesome, but don't go there if you're pressed for time. (You can call ahead to place your order, though, for pick up.) You'll have less of a wait at the regular PF Changs. :)

blackbucket
03-14-2005, 12:15 AM
Oh, I thought it was all you can eat all the time. My bad.

I will have to try that Pei Wei joint.

I went to Pei Wei today. It was awesome! I had the Orange Peel chicken and it was unbelievable. I think it was actually better than anything I have had at PF Changs and I like PFs. I am drooling thinking about it now :hat

Kori Ellis
03-14-2005, 12:17 AM
I keep hearing that Pei Wei is great from everyone. We are going to have to go.

TheWriter
03-14-2005, 12:22 AM
They're opening another Pei Wei at Huebner Oaks.

KEDA
03-14-2005, 08:46 AM
I keep hearing that Pei Wei is great from everyone. We are going to have to go.

Let me know, its 2 minutes away form the casa!

jcrod
03-14-2005, 01:43 PM
is some damn good food.

http://www.firehutgrill.com/

That is all....

Awesome, thanks. I've looking for a place like this. When we lived in Plano we use to love going to a place called Mangolian BBQ and been looking for a similar place here to no avail. The couple of places I've found have sucked, but the website looks promising.

TheWriter
03-14-2005, 01:49 PM
Awesome, thanks. I've looking for a place like this. When we lived in Plano we use to love going to a place called Mangolian BBQ and been looking for a similar place here to no avail. The couple of places I've found have sucked, but the website looks promising.

Have you tried HuHot?

http://www.huhot.com/

nacho estrada
03-14-2005, 02:07 PM
Pei Wei is the bomb bizzle.. I recommend it to anyone and everyone..

NameDropper
03-14-2005, 02:54 PM
I don't know, with a name like Pei Wei it makes me wonder.

jcrod
03-14-2005, 03:13 PM
Have you tried HuHot?

Huh, no. But i'll try it first. Thanks.

blackbucket
03-14-2005, 03:50 PM
Have you tried HuHot?

Is it open yet? Website says spring 2005. Yet another place to get my Chinese fix.

TheWriter
03-14-2005, 06:06 PM
Also,

Have you tried:

Ova's Mongolian Bar B Q

Off of I-10 and Wurzbach.

jcrod
03-15-2005, 02:10 PM
Have you tried HuHot?

Hey, is this open. I went yesterday, but i forgot to look up the exact address before i left and couldn't find the damn place. I'm looking at the address now, and I know I passed by where is says it's located.

Duff McCartney
03-15-2005, 03:57 PM
Is this a buffet? Or a regular restaurant?

TheWriter
03-15-2005, 05:30 PM
Fire Hut is an all you can eat buffet. But the serving is very large and you'll probably eat one and a half plates before you want to burst.

It's very good!

timvp
03-15-2005, 08:50 PM
Sorry peeps but today we went to Pei Wei to try it out and I was less than impressed.

When we walked in, I realized we had already been there. We went to one in Salt Lake City :shootme

I don't like that waiting in line style of place. It makes it feel like you're at Mr. Gatti's or something. The prices were pretty good but the servings were even smaller than PF Changs and they flooded the food with carrots. You don't even get that much rice. The lettuce wraps were decent but the quality of lettuce was pretty substandard.

The one in Salt Lake was much nicer in the inside. This one had like 100 people crammed into a small room. If I'm not going to have a waiter, then I at least expect it to be a buffet style.

Oh and I don't like getting my own drinks. I don't even do that at home. :smokin

So far the best chinese food in San Antonio that I've had is:

1) Golden Wok
2) PF Changs
3) HEB chinese kitchen :lol

blackbucket
03-15-2005, 11:23 PM
Sorry peeps but today we went to Pei Wei to try it out and I was less than impressed.

When we walked in, I realized we had already been there. We went to one in Salt Lake City :shootme

I don't like that waiting in line style of place. It makes it feel like you're at Mr. Gatti's or something. The prices were pretty good but the servings were even smaller than PF Changs and they flooded the food with carrots. You don't even get that much rice. The lettuce wraps were decent but the quality of lettuce was pretty substandard.

The one in Salt Lake was much nicer in the inside. This one had like 100 people crammed into a small room. If I'm not going to have a waiter, then I at least expect it to be a buffet style.

Oh and I don't like getting my own drinks. I don't even do that at home. :smokin

1) Golden Wok
2) PF Changs

Sorry you didn't care for it Timvp. Some of the reasons you stated is why I like it. I love carrots, hate it when I can't get a damn refill so I'd rather get it myself, prefer more entree than rice, and it is a good value for me. I do think that location is way too small. I was there today for lunch and had the orange peel chicken once again. The quality was consistent so I enjoyed it.

Then for dinner, I had Fire Wok :fro Hong Kong soup with beef. I am telling you, I am an asian food freak!

Kori Ellis
03-16-2005, 12:46 AM
prefer more entree than rice

So do I.

But unfortunately they didn't serve much meat or rice. :wtf

timvp
03-16-2005, 04:18 AM
Sorry you didn't care for it Timvp. Some of the reasons you stated is why I like it. I love carrots, hate it when I can't get a damn refill so I'd rather get it myself, prefer more entree than rice, and it is a good value for me. I do think that location is way too small. I was there today for lunch and had the orange peel chicken once again. The quality was consistent so I enjoyed it.

Then for dinner, I had Fire Wok :fro Hong Kong soup with beef. I am telling you, I am an asian food freak!

No problem. If we ever go there again, I think I'll go with their noodles. I saw a lot of people get that and it looked good. It's probably also a better lunch place than a dinner place.

We're going to have to try Fire Wok.

Shelly
03-16-2005, 08:37 AM
At Fire Hut (the one by us) you can put as much rice and/or noodles and beef as you want. At first it doesn't seem like a lot of food, but when they cook it, it's way too much.

MannyIsGod
08-01-2005, 04:52 PM
Jess took me to Fire Bowl in the Quarry this weekend, and I loved it so much I made her go back there today. The first time we went we werne't hungry so we split one bowl of pad thai and got some egg rolls and it was MORE than enough. We were both stuffed. Today we both got our own bowls but we came home with a lot of leftovers.

I love how cheap this place is. It is really ridiculous. I wouldn't mind trying Fire Hut, but the idea of an all you can eat place where I can't even finish a bowl is odd. I'm going to have to try Fire Wok also!

Xolotl
08-01-2005, 05:05 PM
Hey, is this open. I went yesterday, but i forgot to look up the exact address before i left and couldn't find the damn place. I'm looking at the address now, and I know I passed by where is says it's located.

Its in the shopping center behind the TGIFridays. If anybody has eaten there let me know how it is I want to go tomorrow

Duff McCartney
08-01-2005, 05:07 PM
They are making a brand new chinese place near my house called Wok Inn....I'm not sure how it's gonna be. I doubt it'll be a buffett, but it says Asian Cafe.

Anyway, I'll check it out once it's open.

Xolotl
08-01-2005, 05:08 PM
They are making a brand new chinese place near my house called Wok Inn....I'm not sure how it's gonna be. I doubt it'll be a buffett, but it says Asian Cafe.

Anyway, I'll check it out once it's open.

I love Wok Inn they have some of the best egg drop soup I've had. They're located on Grissom near some old run down club called VIP.

Duff McCartney
08-01-2005, 05:11 PM
Really? Well this is a new one near my house. It's not done being built. It's on Potranco and Ellison intersection across from the new Stevens High School.

It looks like it'll be nice inside...but I'll have to see. They are opening all kinds of stuff near that high school. Marble Slab, some pizza place and that chinese restaurant.

samikeyp
08-01-2005, 05:13 PM
I love Wok Inn they have some of the best egg drop soup I've had. They're located on Grissom near some old run down club called VIP.

Wok Inn is still open? Sweet! I used to live in Misty Oaks and we got food from there all the time...yes their egg drop soup is great.

ObiwanGinobili
08-01-2005, 05:38 PM
HuHot has Smores on the dessert menu. :tu
that fucking rocks!

Ishta
08-01-2005, 05:41 PM
They're opening another Pei Wei at Huebner Oaks.

It's already open!! Foods great especially the prk lettuce wraps very good!

tlongII
08-01-2005, 06:16 PM
I had heard that Fire Hut Grill & Bar catered to an "older crowd." Apparently it is true.

SpursWoman
08-01-2005, 06:21 PM

1) Golden Wok
2) PF Changs

If you're ever on my side of town, you have to try Golden Phoenix. It's buffet or order from a menu....just too damn good. I think we go there at least once every other week...if not more than that.

They have a really good steak & sushi bar. :)

TheWriter
08-01-2005, 06:47 PM
Wok Inn is still open?

Hell yes it is!

And the lunch crowds are always huge because the price is so damn cheap and you get all you can eat soup (3 different kind) and a nice size lunch serving!

God I love Wok Inn.

Maybe they're expanding. Maybe they're closing up shop on Grissom and focusing on a bigger, newer place. Maybe it's not even the same owners just a new place with the same name.

tlongII
08-01-2005, 06:56 PM
Question: Would anybody here order the lettuce wraps at P.F. Chang's to go? Would the lettuce be soggy before you made it home?

Shelly
08-01-2005, 07:03 PM
Question: Would anybody here order the lettuce wraps at P.F. Chang's to go? Would the lettuce be soggy before you made it home?

The ones from Chili's have the lettuce separate from the fixings. So no sogginess.

PF Chang's isn't near me (yet)

Cant_Be_Faded
08-01-2005, 07:06 PM
Shelly, will you go to Down Town Bar and Grill with me?

The Question Guy
08-01-2005, 07:10 PM
The ones from Chili's have the lettuce separate from the fixings. So no sogginess.

PF Chang's isn't near me (yet)

Question: Will the one at The Shops at La Cantera be near you!?

And will you save money by going there instead of the Quarry location!?

Saving money is go! Breaking down governments is better!

Cant_Be_Faded
08-01-2005, 07:12 PM
The Blue Ranger is funnier than thou.

Blue Power Ranger
08-01-2005, 07:13 PM
Oh, I do declare.

Cant_Be_Faded
08-01-2005, 07:15 PM
Too bad he always got douched by Rita and that guy whose name started with a Z

Cant_Be_Faded
08-01-2005, 07:19 PM
Shelly, will you go to Down Town Bar and Grill with me?

:eyebrows

Peter Griffin
08-01-2005, 07:30 PM
Ohmifreakin'God! This thread sucks.

Speaking of sucks. Anyone seen Meg?

Cant_Be_Faded
08-01-2005, 08:05 PM
Lil' Mo > Peter Griffin

Johnny Tightlips
08-01-2005, 08:34 PM