PDA

View Full Version : When do musicians go past their 'use by date'?

KidCongo
03-06-2009, 09:08 AM
Me nd a friend talked about certain musicians and it eventually went into him saying Mozart isn't past his 'use by date'.

When do famous muso's go past their use by dates?

JoeChalupa
03-06-2009, 09:13 AM
If they are famous and good they have no "use by" date since their music is timeless.

DisAsTerBot
03-06-2009, 09:58 AM
If they are famous and good they have no "use by" date since their music is timeless.

/end thread

desflood
03-06-2009, 10:25 AM
and good
That's the key. Britney, despite being active still, is well past her "use by" date.

NameDropper
03-06-2009, 10:36 AM
That's the key. Britney, despite being active still, is well past her "use by" date.

Well she kicked off her tour the other night in New Orleans and she's looking good.

http://celebslam.celebuzz.com//bfm_gallery/2009/03/Britney%20Spears%20New%20Orleans/gallery_main/gallery_main-britney-spears-concert-tour-15.jpg

mrsmaalox
03-06-2009, 11:19 AM
I don't think the musicians get old as far as their music and talents, I just think that the public's taste changes. The PR machine stuffs new acts down our throats and the industry pretty much determines what we hear depending on what kind of revenue they generate. I like most styles of music but my favorite at any particular moment changes like my hairstyle; it's what I want at that moment.
But...if you're talking about musicians/artists who have overstayed their welcome in my little world, there are usually several. But that's not necessarily because of their music or talent. :)