PDA

View Full Version : Houston Phoenix game thread/predictions

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-06-2009, 10:46 AM
Final Score:

Suns 125
H-town 137

If you're an Aaron Brooks or Von Wafer fan have fun tonight because they're both having career nights.

If you're a Phoenix fan have fun because this game edges them closer to Greg Monroe.

The Canadian Cancer might play horrible but he'll have fun which is all that matters to him.

sribb43
03-06-2009, 10:51 AM
Please win PHX...please take Mavs fans out of our misery and put us at the #9 seed

IronMexican
03-06-2009, 10:52 AM
I'd rather have the Lakers play the Mavs than the Suns. Go Rockets!

IronMexican
03-06-2009, 10:53 AM
But I still really hate the Suns for knocking LA out twice.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-06-2009, 10:54 AM
I'd rather have the Lakers play the Mavs than the Suns. Go Rockets!

That would depend IMO. If Nash were to get a season ending injury tomorrow, I'd be scared to death about the Suns if I were LA. If Nash stays healthy, LA will sweep.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-06-2009, 10:55 AM
But I still really hate the Suns for knocking LA out twice.

One reason I want them to miss the playoffs is just so I can still say, "Last two times they met in the playoffs Phoenix won" :lol

IronMexican
03-06-2009, 10:57 AM
One reason I want them to miss the playoffs is just so I can still say, "Last two times they met in the playoffs Phoenix won" :lol

:flipoff

I remember watching Kobe's press conference after game 5 in 2007, and I could tell at the time he was going to ask for a trade. I was right:king

Girasuck
03-06-2009, 10:57 AM
Go Suns!!

balli
03-06-2009, 10:59 AM
go suns!!

+1

sribb43
03-06-2009, 11:00 AM

Thank you Suns for coming back from 3-1 in '06 vs. LA bc we probably would have lost to the Lakers in the WCF bc Kobe would have rapped us for 50+ a night

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-06-2009, 11:01 AM
Please win PHX...please take Mavs fans out of our misery and put us at the #9 seed

No, that 14th overall pick is Steve Kerr's to screw up. Donnie Nelson is gonna have to settle for another pick to screw up.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-06-2009, 11:03 AM
Thank you Suns for coming back from 3-1 in '06 vs. LA bc we probably would have lost to the Lakers in the WCF bc Kobe would have rapped us for 50+ a night

No dude, Dallas would have won that series handedly assuming the refs weren't in full blown we want a Kobe vs. Shaq finals.

You forget the bums LA had on that team. If the 2006 Suns beat them the 2006 Mavs would too.

djohn2oo8
03-06-2009, 11:04 AM
Fuck UTAH!!! I hope Yao plays pissed off, it is when he is at his best.

sribb43
03-06-2009, 11:05 AM
No, that 14th overall pick is Steve Kerr's to screw up. Donnie Nelson is gonna have to settle for another pick to screw up.

Donnie is gonna draft another Pavel Podkolzin.

http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2005/players/06/21/hat.lady0627/t1_hat.jpghttp://www.solobasket.com/fotos/3703_2.jpg
http://www.reebokeurocamp.com/images/gallery/pdg/Pavel%20Podkolzine.jpg

IronMexican
03-06-2009, 11:06 AM
How come the Laker fans aren't gold? This purple is ugly. I hope you guys do to the rest of the forums to what you did to the CSF.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-06-2009, 11:07 AM
Go rockets!!!!

Eyes on the prize suns!!!

And when i say prize i don't mean a championship, i mean greg monroe!!!

sribb43
03-06-2009, 11:07 AM
No dude, Dallas would have won that series handedly assuming the refs weren't in full blown we want a Kobe vs. Shaq finals.

You forget the bums LA had on that team. If the 2006 Suns beat them the 2006 Mavs would too.

Smush Parker, Kwane and Mihm:lol

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-06-2009, 11:10 AM
sribb, Stevie Kerr is gonna draft Tyler Hansbrough and then give a press conference about how "NBA ready" he is.

I swear to god, if Phoenix drafts another scrub white player to cater to their lily white fan base, Ima choke a bitch.

IronMexican
03-06-2009, 11:11 AM
Everybody loves the silly white guy. Slava Medvedenko and Mark Maddogg Madsen were fan favorites forever.

sribb43
03-06-2009, 11:12 AM
sribb, Stevie Kerr is gonna draft Tyler Hansbrough and then give a press conference about how "NBA ready" he is.

I swear to god, if Phoenix drafts another scrub white player to cater to their lily white fan base, Ima choke a bitch.

your GM drafts scrub white players and our GM drafts super scrub Euro's...i dont know why mavs fans are so upset about the draft picks given up in the harris trade. You really believe in Donnie to draft well. He will get a Euro that still needs to play overseas then we will bring him over in 2013

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-06-2009, 11:14 AM
Everybody loves the silly white guy. Slava Medvedenko and Mark Maddogg Madsen were fan favorites forever.

Maybe when they're a late 2nd round pick and were drafted to keep the bench warm, when the 15th pick is used on one of them like Robin "Useless fuck" Lopez, the silly white guy pisses you the fuck off.

IronMexican
03-06-2009, 11:14 AM
CTRuCPddhbU

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-06-2009, 11:18 AM
The silly white guy the Suns fans actually liked was Pat Burke but he actually thought he deserved PT so he left.

Darthkiller
03-06-2009, 12:22 PM
the suns need to get stephen curry. that's what nbadraft.net list atm.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-06-2009, 12:46 PM
the suns need to get stephen curry. that's what nbadraft.net list atm.

No they don't, they need to scrap the whole point guard dominated offense and get back to basics. First off, hire Avery Johnson. I know some Mavs fans will laugh at that but he'd be a great coach if given the right players. Next, do whatever it takes to get Greg Monroe, even if it means trading Amare, Monroe is massively undervalued because there's no hype around him.

In the off season, make sure Barnes gets a "Good Riddance" note. Unless he wants to stay (idk why he would), wish Hill the best of luck in his search for a title. Trade away basically everyone except for Richardson, he'll be a good temporary player who can slash and shoot so Monroe learns how to pass out of the post and become a complete offensive player. Give "White Magic" Dragic a full season as starter to see if he has any future at all.

It would be a tough season and they won't have their draft pick, but things are going to have to get a lot worse before they get better.

kcplayboi_26
03-06-2009, 12:51 PM
The silly white guy the Suns fans actually liked was Pat Burke but he actually thought he deserved PT so he left.

haha i remember Pat Burke, everyone use to get so happy when he got in the game and touched the ball, i think he drained a couple 3s once lol

sribb43
03-06-2009, 12:54 PM
What about Paul Shirly and Eric Piakowskti (sp?)? :lol

Girasuck
03-06-2009, 12:59 PM

That's all well and good but aren't you playing the Suns tonight? You know what's funny? After the Rockets lose tonight to the Suns, you'll still be bitching about the Jazz game.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-06-2009, 01:00 PM
What about Paul Shirly and Eric Piakowskti (sp?)? :lol

Idk, my favorite all time white scrub on the Suns was jake tsakalidis

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/050L2WG52F23H/340x.jpg

kcplayboi_26
03-06-2009, 01:03 PM

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/050L2WG52F23H/340x.jpg

hahaha Jake Tsakalidis, thats when i moved here to Phoenix and I started being a Suns fan, I think they had that skinny old guy too with the high socks, last name Perry............

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-06-2009, 01:08 PM
Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Lu ck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_ Perry i think it was

for some reason there's a glitch where you type in E-L-L-I-O-T and that pops up no idea why.

kcplayboi_26
03-06-2009, 01:09 PM
yea that was weird

shelshor
03-06-2009, 01:18 PM
Referee Assignments
Fri. Mar. 6
Phoenix @ Houston: J. Crawford, S. Corbin, E. Dalen

Texas_Ranger
03-06-2009, 01:37 PM
Rockets 111 - Suns 23

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-06-2009, 01:37 PM
Rockets 111 - Suns 23

You are some kind of dumb for thinking the Suns will hold Houston to 111.

sribb43
03-06-2009, 02:01 PM

I think your all-time favorite Suns white scrub should be this White.....

http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/3010944.jpg?v=1&c=ViewImages&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF193B3EA2C03450C9486261956B21B3413DC 5A5397277B4DC33E

sook
03-06-2009, 02:35 PM
i will be 2 rows away from the court, so excited!!!! :blah

Ghazi
03-06-2009, 02:53 PM
It's just the law of averages for the Mavs.

When you get Dirk Nowitzki for Tractor fucking Traylor, it has to even out somewhere.

J-Ho was the last solid pick though, that's 4 years without a solid draft addition. veeeexing.

But again, they were all low 20's.

ANYWHO as for this game, I don't think it'll be 137-125 but I think the Rockets will win. Superior team, good at home, and they play defense.

Ghazi
03-06-2009, 03:03 PM

You and I are Mavs fans, and since Dirk is a Mav, we should want what he wants. And I believe Dirk wants to be in the playoffs, even though he is aware that this team is 1st round fodder.

I shouldn't compare it to the Olympics, since getting Germany to the Olympics apparently is more important to Dirk than even winning an NBA CHampionship, but it's kinda the same thing. He knows Germany won't do much once they get there, but he still wants to get there.

We fans of the beloved Mavs should never direct our frustration at the FO or the players. Yeahhh the FO has been incompetent, and yeahhh teams have passed us by as a result of an aging roster and depleted talent, but let's direct our frustration where it belongs: the bullshit officiating of the 2006 Finals and the heartbreak of the Warriors hitting fluke shot after fluke shot in the 2007 series.

If you think the Kidd trade doomed us? It wouldn't have happened without those two preceding events.

And the Mavs are mediocre, in part because they just don't shoot and defend as well anymore. And I promise it wouldn't have been this bad if not for the Golden State series. It's like that series sapped this team of it's energy, swagger, and confidence, and thus it reflects on the defensive end and in the shooting that went from Top 5 in the league to bottom 5 (from behind the arc).

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-06-2009, 03:07 PM
Directing your anger at officiating and "fluke shots" doesn't do anything. It actually sends the front office the message, "It's ok if you fuck up because we'll still feel bad for you that that happened."

If the FO feels some pressure they might be motivated to step it up a little as far as decision making goes.

Look at Phoenix, Sarver has felt no pressure to do anything to improve the team because the fans still want to bitch about Amare getting suspended and Tim Donaghy. Saying you deserve the title doesn't make it so you get the title.

Indazone
03-06-2009, 03:10 PM
Defense is going to win this game and the Rockets have that in spades. On the other hand, we used to get owned by the Suns when we ran that stale JVG set offense where all the players played like robots. With Adleman's motion offense and a stout defense, we should win this one.

Ghazi
03-06-2009, 03:13 PM
In fairness to the FO, this roster on paper isn't much less talented than the team that won 67 games 2 years ago.

It is older though. It's the core really. Stackhouse, Howard, Dirk, Terry aren't playing at the level they were 2 years ago. Maybe teams passed us by, maybe guys in blue just got older, or maybe their energy and motivation has been sapped by the horseshit officiating of Miami and bullshit shots of Golden State.

Maybe we just weren't that great to begin with, and were just really hot that year shootingwise. 4 guys shot 38.3% or better that year from behind the arc, even Deaven fucking George shot a passable 35.3%. Everyone's numbers are down though, maybe we just Had to cool off.

And the team just doesn't defend as well and shoot as well. Some people call our guys inblue soft or "Allas Mavericks", but it wasn't always like this you know. the team was solid defensively 2 years ago.

If we stand pat this offseason I will be very disappointed. But I would hope we don't blow it up next year, since New Jersey has the draft pick.

But enough about the guys in blue, we should focus on this game. I look forward to watching it.

Xylus
03-06-2009, 03:15 PM
I miss the JVG Rockets. It was like a guaranteed victory for the Suns every time they played each other. Now, not so much. Suns are going to get raped tonight.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-06-2009, 03:17 PM
Defense is going to win this game and the Rockets have that in spades. On the other hand, we used to get owned by the Suns when we ran that stale JVG set offense where all the players played like robots. With Adleman's motion offense and a stout defense, we should win this one.

Motion offenses rape the Suns. Basically motion offenses are the Duke Lacrosse team and the Suns are a stripper in Durham North Carolina.

Nash Richardson Barbosa and Barnes have enough problems guarding players when they're standing still, when they are constantly moving it's really ugly.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-06-2009, 03:19 PM
In fairness to the FO, this roster on paper isn't much less talented than the team that won 67 games 2 years ago.

It is older though. It's the core really. Stackhouse, Howard, Dirk, Terry aren't playing at the level they were 2 years ago. Maybe teams passed us by, maybe guys in blue just got older, or maybe their energy and motivation has been sapped by the horseshit officiating of Miami and bullshit shots of Golden State.

Maybe we just weren't that great to begin with, and were just really hot that year shootingwise. 4 guys shot 38.3% or better that year from behind the arc, even Deaven fucking George shot a passable 35.3%. Everyone's numbers are down though, maybe we just Had to cool off.

That's my view with the 2007 Suns. Incredibly fluky shooting years from Bell and Barbosa are what got them so many wins. Once Bell fell apart after the all star break they started losing more games.

Indazone
03-06-2009, 03:20 PM
I miss the JVG Rockets. It was like a guaranteed victory for the Suns every time they played each other. Now, not so much. Suns are going to get raped tonight.

I used to hate those games. Everytime I saw the Suns coming up on our schedule I knew it was a guaranteed L.

djohn2oo8
03-06-2009, 03:24 PM
That's all well and good but aren't you playing the Suns tonight? You know what's funny? After the Rockets lose tonight to the Suns, you'll still be bitching about the Jazz game.

It's funny to see how jazz fans think the jazz are good. I guess it's comforting to know that every home game is already decided before it starts, and that your whole team reeks of flopping bitches.

sook
03-06-2009, 05:01 PM
I used to hate those games. Everytime I saw the Suns coming up on our schedule I knew it was a guaranteed L.

it was everytime for like 4 yrs straight, the only W i can rmbr is the one tmac scored 49 points in

Rogue
03-06-2009, 11:32 PM
son that's enough, we've already known for long that you have a dick that can do both of the two works- piss and F. Is it something that deverves you to boast of time after time?

djohn2oo8
03-06-2009, 11:35 PM
This thread doesn't have dallas anywhere in the title

Rogue
03-06-2009, 11:38 PM
It's funny to see how jazz fans think the jazz are good. I guess it's comforting to know that every home game is already decided before it starts, and that your whole team reeks of flopping bitches.
I didn't know your mom was also on the Utah Jazz team until you gave this remarkable post, thanks a lot, it's pretty kind of you to tell us that despite the shame that you should have felt about.

Roxsfan
03-06-2009, 11:42 PM
Go Suns!!

Go Denver :toast

Roxsfan
03-06-2009, 11:48 PM

Hey dumb fuck, umm...maybe you should worry about the denver-Jizz dripping from the ass of your Utah Jizz players. Yeah, the rox won their Fri nite game, and at this point the jizz are fucked:toast

The only reason the jizz won the last game against the rox is due to the bs officiating and rox missed fts.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-07-2009, 12:00 AM
I've got a question, was that Brook's career high? I wanna know if half my career night prediction was true.

GuerillaBlack
03-07-2009, 12:01 AM
Yep. It was his career high.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-07-2009, 12:02 AM
Yep. It was his career high.

Thanks. Easiest career night prediction in NBA history.

sook
03-07-2009, 12:27 AM
Holyshit that game was amazing, we were standing the entire 4th qrtr and MY GOD...

Steve Nash

Shot after Shot

After Shot. He singlehandedly kept the suns in the game

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-07-2009, 04:11 AM
Fuck Nash, for every basket he made he allowed to Brooks.

Ghazi
03-07-2009, 04:19 AM
Fuck Nash, for every basket he made he allowed to Brooks.

Why you gotta hate :depressed

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-07-2009, 04:48 AM
Why you gotta hate :depressed

Because I have to watch a PG or SG have a career scoring night every time the Suns play. The Canadian Cancer is the reason why.

Rogue
03-07-2009, 07:05 AM
it was really a pretty bad lose for your guys in orange to lose to the rockets which are actually an scrub team. this lose makes it tougher for suns to get a playoffs' ticket and the very chance is the suns will get a lottery pick instead of a ticket to the playoffs or even the second round of playoffs. but it's even worse to blame your franchise player for the lose...

Nash did try his best to win that game, he hit a very hard 3pt shot to tie the game with a couple of seconds to go in the whole game. it's the poor defense of suns that eventually put that game to funeral instead of celebration.

djohn2oo8
03-07-2009, 08:17 AM
it was really a pretty bad lose for your guys in orange to lose to the rockets which are actually an scrub team. this lose makes it tougher for suns to get a playoffs' ticket and the very chance is the suns will get a lottery pick instead of a ticket to the playoffs or even the second round of playoffs. but it's even worse to blame your franchise player for the lose...

Nash did try his best to win that game, he hit a very hard 3pt shot to tie the game with a couple of seconds to go in the whole game. it's the poor defense of suns that eventually put that game to funeral instead of celebration.

The same scrub team that beat the mavs twice???

Indazone
03-07-2009, 10:23 AM

Rockets just taking care of business and beating a team they are supposed to beat. :hat

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-07-2009, 11:22 AM
but it's even worse to blame your franchise player for the lose...

I'm not blaming Shaq

Nash did try his best to win that game.

ya especially on that brooks game winner.....boy was that some tough D.

Rogue
03-07-2009, 04:36 PM
The same scrub team that beat the mavs twice???
my boy it's NBA where every team can be beaten by any other team, it really doesn't matter for a professional team to get one or two losses from a scrub team that they shouldn't have lost to. as halle berry's mother once summerized "if you can't be a good losser, then you can never be a winner."

but i don't think losing a game means the loser of this single game will be a loser for ever. although the rocktes were badly demolished in Game 7 of 04-05 season's playoffs, they still managed to rebuild their team soon after that and broke into the playoffs in 06-07 season, though they were demolished in the first round again and again in the two straight seasons. I think the rockets will definitely make their trip to the playoffs for the 3rd straight year, and the result won't be quite different from the past two years. :lol

j-money24
03-07-2009, 04:43 PM
i got a question.
do the suns have a draft pick this upcoming draft?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-07-2009, 04:51 PM
i got a question.
do the suns have a draft pick this upcoming draft?

Yes, but not next year, so they in all likelihood gave a top 10 pick away.

djohn2oo8
03-07-2009, 05:01 PM
my boy it's NBA where every team can be beaten by any other team, it really doesn't matter for a professional team to get one or two losses from a scrub team that they shouldn't have lost to. as halle berry's mother once summerized "if you can't be a good losser, then you can never be a winner."

but i don't think losing a game means the loser of this single game will be a loser for ever. although the rocktes were badly demolished in Game 7 of 04-05 season's playoffs, they still managed to rebuild their team soon after that and broke into the playoffs in 06-07 season, though they were demolished in the first round again and again in the two straight seasons. I think the rockets will definitely make their trip to the playoffs for the 3rd straight year, and the result won't be quite different from the past two years. :lol

Mavs fans seem proud of the 8th seed...I don't blame them, it's where the mavs belong

https://www.crownawards.com/StoreFront/jsp/images/products/PLR8P1X2N_TH.JPG

Rogue
03-07-2009, 05:25 PM
Mavs fans seem proud of the 8th seed...I don't blame them, it's where the mavs belong

https://www.crownawards.com/StoreFront/jsp/images/products/PLR8P1X2N_TH.JPG

at least the 8th place won't push us to the Utah Jazz :lol