PDA

View Full Version : What is our crunch time lineup?

VI_Massive
03-06-2009, 11:20 AM
I know a lot of it depends on who we're playing and their lineup, but let's kick a few ideas around.

I think its obvious that it would include:

Duncan
Parker
Ginobili
Another Big, Gooden if he's playing well, likely KT if not

The question for me is who plays the other wing position. Mason is the obvious choice, but if we're playing LA, who guards Kobe? I don't think Mason or Manu can do it. Bowen seems like the best option, but that leaves either Manu or Mason out.

Thoughts?

urunobili
03-06-2009, 11:21 AM
I know a lot of it depends on who we're playing and their lineup, but let's kick a few ideas around.

I think its obvious that it would include:

Duncan
Parker
Ginobili
Another Big, Gooden if he's playing well, likely KT if not

The question for me is who plays the other wing position. Mason is the obvious choice, but if we're playing LA, who guards Kobe? I don't think Mason or Manu can do it. Bowen seems like the best option, but that leaves either Manu or Mason out.

Thoughts?

TP
Manu
Bowen
TD
Thomas

urunobili
03-06-2009, 11:22 AM
Also depending on the game.. Mase or Fin could be in... so Bonner and Oberto... i don;t think Gooden will see much crunch time minutes...

mudyez
03-06-2009, 11:25 AM
defense:
Tony
Manu
Bowen
Thomas
Duncan

offense:
Tony
Mason
Manu
Bonner
Duncan

if we have to go with both:
Tony
Mason
Manu
Thomas
Duncan

but it depends on who you are playing (e.g. bowen allways is a good choice if you are playing against lebron or kobe)

VI_Massive
03-06-2009, 11:28 AM
TP
Manu
Bowen
TD
Thomas

I'm not saying I disagree, but this leaves Mason, our most clutch player THIS season on the bench.

That being said, its hard to imagine Manu on the bench in crunch time.

Wish we could play Mason and Manu, but we'd get killed by any good wings.

Agloco
03-06-2009, 11:33 AM
TP
Manu
Bowen
TD
Thomas

+1

Do don't see any other lineup with the smarts to be in at crunch time.

The thought of having Mason and Gooden on the floor at the same time is still a bit unsettling.

loveforthegame
03-06-2009, 11:38 AM
Duncan, Parker, Ginobli are the only guys set in stone. The other two depend on matchups and who is playing best.

coyotes_geek
03-06-2009, 11:39 AM
The Big 3 are obviously givens, but who's out there with them depends on the situation. Who's the opponent? Are the Spurs ahead or behind? There's a different answer for who I'd want out there with 5 minutes left and the Spurs having a 6 point lead against the lakers versus who I'd want out there with 5 minutes left being down by 6 to the Hornets.

mudyez
03-06-2009, 11:46 AM
The Big 3 are obviously givens, but who's out there with them depends on the situation. Who's the opponent? Are the Spurs ahead or behind? There's a different answer for who I'd want out there with 5 minutes left and the Spurs having a 6 point lead against the lakers versus who I'd want out there with 5 minutes left being down by 6 to the Hornets.

yeah, and often you dont have to go with one lineup the whole 5 minutes. there are so many timeouts and substitutionsituations...often you know: "we need to score on this position, so we go with mason instead of bowen" and take a timeout afterwards...or "we need to get this stop, so bowen is set!"...other than that why not go with bonner if he has a great day?

Old School 44
03-06-2009, 11:50 AM
It does just depend on the situation, but generally speaking:

Manu,
Tony,
Tim,
KT/Bonner (defense/offense)
Bowen/Mason (defense/offense)

In crunch time, Pop will do the defense/offense subs during change of possessions.
Didn't consider Gooden, too early to tell about his health and how he'd fit in.

dbestpro
03-06-2009, 12:39 PM
Is that cruch referring to crunch time or crutch time?

dbestpro
03-06-2009, 12:42 PM
Actually, a line up change I would like to see is Manu to start and bring Parker off the bench. Parker against any teams reserves can get his shot at anytime and he won't wear out so early. It also will allow for the starters to get more into the flow of the game.

tp2021
03-06-2009, 12:55 PM
cruch time lineup would definitely have Mahinmi starting, keep Manu in his 6th man role.

completely deck
03-06-2009, 12:57 PM
cruch time lineup would definitely have Mason starting, keep Manu in his 6th man role.

Fixed

Solid D
03-06-2009, 01:58 PM
To get stops, I'm putting these guys on the floor:

5 Duncan
4 Thomas
3 Bowen
2 Ginobili
1 Parker

hater
03-06-2009, 01:59 PM
Pops Mensa Bonsu
Ian Mahinmi
Luis Scola
James Gist
George Hill

VI_Massive
03-06-2009, 03:19 PM
Beno Udrih
Steve Kerr
Stephen Jackson
Rasho Nesterovic
Nazr Mohammed

Brutalis
03-06-2009, 03:47 PM
There is no sure crunch time five. It depends on who we are playing, if we have been playing good defense through-out the game, and if we need three point shots to fall.

For me it just depends on a lot of things. TD-TP-MG are obvious givens.

tonylongoriafan
03-06-2009, 05:33 PM
it doesn't matter...the play is gonna be 4 down or pick and roll till u die!

NZ Spurs
03-06-2009, 06:12 PM
Crunch time is about execution, thats why Oberto needs to be next to Duncan.

Agloco
03-06-2009, 06:14 PM
Pops Mensa Bonsu
Ian Mahinmi
Luis Scola
James Gist
George Hill

The "Time to get Crunched" lineup....:lol:lol

GSH
03-06-2009, 06:28 PM
Are you talking about theory, or reality? Because 9 times out of 10, Finley is going to be in with the Big 3. The fifth player may be situational, and the Big 3 may be obvious. But whether any of us understand it or not, Finley is probably going to be in there with them.

mabrignani
03-06-2009, 07:37 PM
parker
mason
manu
finley
duncan

Rogue
03-06-2009, 08:21 PM
parker
mason
manu