PDA

View Full Version : Hornets 104, Mavericks 88

SpursDynasty
03-06-2009, 12:30 PM
You might have thought that the Mavericks took a big step in the right direction when they beat the Spurs on Wednesday, but like I said, that win was not a big deal. They just came out and made their shots and were in the right place at the right time....getting called out after losing to OKC, they came out and competed and won. No talent required for that...they just came out and made their shots....

So what happened last night? After a one-time deal of playing like they care, the Mavericks returned to mediocrity. 3-for-10 for Howard, 4-for-13 for Terry? Like I said, these guys will shoot along the lines of 12-for-17 against the Spurs, but it's gone by the next game and that is what happened here. Paul, West, and Chandler were dominant, shooting 23-for-39 last night. Not much you can do when those guys are shooting like that. Either way, it was Dallas, a weak team defensively, so those were shots they were supposed to make.

Just makes you question Dallas again...their win against the Spurs was a fluke. No big surprises here..no trash talking...this was a game the Hornets were supposed to win and they did.

The worst part of this all for Dallas? This may be the worst record they've have after 62 games since the pre-Dirk era. 37-25? Geez. This was a 57-25 type of team before Kidd came in, and already they've got 25 losses. They'd have to go 13-7 the rest of the way get 50 wins, I guess that's the new standard for Dallas. Don't be surprised at a 48-34 type of finish for these guys/

Ditty
03-06-2009, 12:37 PM
You might have thought that the Mavericks took a big step in the right direction when they beat the Spurs on Wednesday, but like I said, that win was not a big deal. They just came out and made their shots and were in the right place at the right time....getting called out after losing to OKC, they came out and competed and won. No talent required for that...they just came out and made their shots....

So what happened last night? After a one-time deal of playing like they care, the Mavericks returned to mediocrity. 3-for-10 for Howard, 4-for-13 for Terry? Like I said, these guys will shoot along the lines of 12-for-17 against the Spurs, but it's gone by the next game and that is what happened here. Paul, West, and Chandler were dominant, shooting 23-for-39 last night. Not much you can do when those guys are shooting like that. Either way, it was Dallas, a weak team defensively, so those were shots they were supposed to make.

Just makes you question Dallas again...their win against the Spurs was a fluke. No big surprises here..no trash talking...this was a game the Hornets were supposed to win and they did.

The worst part of this all for Dallas? This may be the worst record they've have after 62 games since the pre-Dirk era. 37-25? Geez. This was a 57-25 type of team before Kidd came in, and already they've got 25 losses. They'd have to go 13-7 the rest of the way get 50 wins, I guess that's the new standard for Dallas. Don't be surprised at a 48-34 type of finish for these guys/

:toast

crc21209
03-06-2009, 01:20 PM
When I saw they were tied at halftime, I knew it was only a matter of time before they got blown out. Thats the same way their series with NO was last yr. Kept it competitive for a half, then got blown out.

Cry Havoc
03-06-2009, 03:14 PM
Good post SD, but Mavs fans were even saying how they expected their team to have one big night against the Spurs and then get pasted the next game.

When Jason Kidd is dead-on from downtown and JoHo can't miss, there's not much you can do to stop the Mavs. Fortunately that's an infrequent occurrence.

Muser
03-06-2009, 03:33 PM
If the spurs had a match against Dallas, then the night after a back to back in New Orleans, i'd expect them to lose.

Having a back to back in NO is one of the hardest things you can do in the league.

LEONARD
03-06-2009, 03:40 PM

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_UYoyYPYwlpM/R4vI26eOzwI/AAAAAAAAAuo/KisrGa0TZAw/s320/dog%2Bshit.jpg