PDA

View Full Version : Team you do not want to see in the 1st round

crc21209
03-06-2009, 01:42 PM
So everybody, as we come down the stretch and assuming we keep a top-3 seed we would face either the 6 or 7 seed. Who is the ONE team you would NOT want to see in the 1st round?

A. Utah Jazz
B. Dallas Mavericks
C. Phoenix Suns
D. Portland Trailblazers
E. Houston Rockets
F. New Orleans Hornets
G. Denver Nuggets

I personally would hate to see the Utah Jazz. They're finally getting healthy and theyre a physical defensive team who would give us a good series. And a physical series is the LAST thing I would want Manu to go through in the 1st round. Do I think we would beat them? Yes. But I think it would take a toll on us and could affect the team through the 2nd round and on should we face them first.

td4mvp21
03-06-2009, 01:44 PM
Hornets or the Jazz. Both would be very physical.

sa_butta
03-06-2009, 01:46 PM
So everybody, as we come down the stretch and assuming we keep a top-3 seed we would face either the 6 or 7 seed. Who is the ONE team you would NOT want to see in the 1st round?

A. Utah Jazz
B. Dallas Mavericks
C. Phoenix Suns
D. Portland Trailblazers
E. Houston Rockets
F. New Orleans Hornets
G. Denver Nuggets

I personally would hate to see the Utah Jazz. They're finally getting healthy and theyre a physical defensive team who would give us a good series. And a physical series is the LAST thing I would want Manu to go through in the 1st round. Do I think we would beat them? Yes. But I think it would take a toll on us and could affect the team through the 2nd round and on should we face them first.
if your talking about not going through a physical series in the first round then you don't want to face Denver either. We always come out of that series black and blue. I would think Portland could also be scary just because they are young and atheletic. Im confident we can beat them in a series, but they could wear us a out a bit.

Bartleby
03-06-2009, 01:47 PM
Teams I would prefer the Spurs not play in the first round, in order of preference:

1. Utah
2. Denver
3. NO
4. Portland
5. Houston
6. Phoenix
7. Dallas

Solid D
03-06-2009, 01:48 PM
Rockets

hater
03-06-2009, 01:49 PM
Dallas. Let's be honest, they always play out of their minds vs. Spurs. why would we want to fight so hard on round 1?

other teams I don't wanna see: Lakers, Utah, New Orleans

BUMP
03-06-2009, 01:50 PM
in order to beat San Antonio in the 1st round u will most likely have to beat them multiple times in the AT&T Center, and there is only 1 team that isnt intimidated to go in there and come out victorios.

the Dallas Mavericks. the last team to beat the Spurs in the playoffs besides LA. we might not be able to beat anyone else in the 1st round, but if there's one team i would love to face in the 1st round its the Spurs:hungry:

Texas_Ranger
03-06-2009, 01:50 PM
We can defeat all of them, so I don't care who we face.

hater
03-06-2009, 01:51 PM
in order to beat San Antonio in the 1st round u will most likely have to beat them multiple times in the AT&T Center, and there is only 1 team that isnt intimidated to go in there and come out victorios.

the Dallas Mavericks. the last team to beat the Spurs in the playoffs besides LA. we might not be able to beat anyone else in the 1st round, but if there's one team i would love to face in the 1st round its the Spurs:hungry:

Let's face it. Spurs would win that round 1 vs. Dallas 99 out of 100 times. BUT it might take 6 or 7 hard fought games to do it. IMO I don't wanna do that in round 1

Agloco
03-06-2009, 01:52 PM

A. Utah Jazz
B. Dallas Mavericks
C. Phoenix Suns
D. Portland Trailblazers
E. Houston Rockets
F. New Orleans Hornets
G. Denver Nuggets

Ditty
03-06-2009, 01:54 PM
no jazz, no rockets, no hornets

MaNu4Tres
03-06-2009, 01:57 PM
I would love to see us getting the 3rd or 2nd seed with Jazz and NO getting 4th and 5th then facing LA in the 2nd round....but as long as we are healthy I dont give a damn.

Manufan909
03-06-2009, 01:58 PM
Jazz or Hornets. I'd want the Nuggets, facing them in round 1 tends to bode well.:hat

Or the Rockets, we all know they won't make it out of 1st round.

EJK5032
03-06-2009, 01:58 PM
No team in the NBA is beating the Spurs in a 7 Game series this year.......no one.

MaNu4Tres
03-06-2009, 02:03 PM
No team in the NBA is beating the Spurs in a 7 Game series this year.......no one.

I can see that argument if the Spurs were healthy. Fact is they haven't been healthy since a year ago. Lets cross our fingers.

urunobili
03-06-2009, 02:04 PM
Dallas. Let's be honest, they always play out of their minds vs. Spurs. why would we want to fight so hard on round 1?

couldn't agree more...

Perfect case scenario would be Portland...

Ariel
03-06-2009, 02:05 PM
no jazz, no rockets, no hornets
Ditto. I think we would come on top over any of them, but I'd like to avoid potentially long and grueling series, mainly because of Manu and a potential rematch against the Lakers. Provided the Spurs field a full strength team (mainly Manu), I have a lot of confidence this time around things will go our way.

hater
03-06-2009, 02:06 PM
couldn't agree more...

Perfect case scenario would be Portland...

Portland, Phoenix, Houston. why are ppl scared of Houston?? when is the last time they came out of the 1st round??

timvp
03-06-2009, 02:07 PM
Mavs.

TwelveGs210
03-06-2009, 02:09 PM
fear joey crawford..that is the real threat to the spurs playoff hopes

EJK5032
03-06-2009, 02:11 PM
I can see that argument if the Spurs were healthy. Fact is they haven't been healthy since a year ago. Lets cross our fingers.

we'll be healthy just in the nick of time........hopefully !

smeagol
03-06-2009, 02:11 PM
Rockets.

If Scola eliminates us, whottt would be in suicidal watch . . .

Ariel
03-06-2009, 02:12 PM
Portland, Phoenix, Houston. why are ppl scared of Houston?? when is the last time they came out of the 1st round??
Personally I have no doubt we'd take the series, but I don't want to see Artest and Battier wearing out Manu. Plus, he has a habit of crashing into Yao. A healthy Manu is the key, so I would want to maximize those chances.

Please_dont_ban_me
03-06-2009, 02:26 PM
Phoenix, New Orleans and of course the Lakers.

G-Nob
03-06-2009, 02:33 PM
Josh Howard

bdictjames
03-06-2009, 02:35 PM
A. New Orleans
B. Utah

Dallas would be fodder, assuming Manu is healthy, IMO.

Dex
03-06-2009, 02:35 PM
Mavericks.

I'm not sure if it's the blue or the AAC or what...but something about that team has always been like Spurs kryptonite. Dallas goes nuts, San Antonio goes cold. No surprises there.

I think Spurs would take the series if it came down to it, but I'd still expect a good fight from the Mavs.

MoSpur
03-06-2009, 02:36 PM
A healthy Utah Jazz team or a rejuvinated NOLA team.

Galileo
03-06-2009, 02:37 PM
I hope we don't face the Lakers in round one.

rascal
03-06-2009, 02:45 PM
F New Orleans
They almost beat the spurs last year.

rayray2k8
03-06-2009, 02:54 PM
Doesnt matter.
The most dangerous one's wont play the spurs (Hornet, Jazz)
Rest of the teams wont make it past the 2nd round.

1Parker1
03-06-2009, 03:01 PM
Rockets, Jazz, Hornets...in that order.

Ghazi
03-06-2009, 03:06 PM
Hornets or the Jazz. Both would be very physical.

:rollin:rollin:rollin

And the Jazz being physical simply means they're a shit defensive team and thus has to resort to incessantly fouling, and hope the refs don't call it... they get away with it... at HOME only.

completely deck
03-06-2009, 03:08 PM
New Orleans or Utah would be really bad for us in the first round.

Rockets would choke, Portland isn't even a question (4 MAYBE 5 games), Phoenix would simply be Phoenix.

SpursFan67
03-06-2009, 03:10 PM
The Jazz and the Hornets are the two teams that scared me the most as possible first round opponent

Spork KIller
03-06-2009, 03:19 PM
You won't get out of the first round no matter who you play mother fuckers...

SpursFan67
03-06-2009, 03:27 PM
the team we want to see in the first round : the Suns;i don't know why,but i have a good feeling about this matchup....

Mugen
03-06-2009, 03:31 PM
the mavs would be a very tough matchup.

6 maybe 7 games to get past them

5in10
03-06-2009, 03:31 PM
NO- There not the same team as last year, David West isnt playing like he did last year.
Denver- Although tough everytime we have played the Nuggets in the first round we end up with a championship.
Mavericks- Changed team since 06 we would beat them in five.
Houston-Dont have the personnel to beat us.
Suns-HA!
Portland- Too young and inexperienced

Which leaves Utah although deep as well as tough, I just dont think they have anyone that can guard timmy, which opens everything up for us. It would be a longer series but I think we would win it in 6-7 games.

Duncan74
03-06-2009, 03:33 PM
Jazz or Suns

PDXSpursFan
03-06-2009, 03:34 PM
1. Lakers - for obvious reasons, but very unlikely
2. Mavs -Nowitzki and Howard machup problems
3. Hornets - remember last year? Despite a bad start, West and Chandler are getting close to that level again
4. Jazz - look improved from last years (Millsap)

Brazil
03-06-2009, 03:43 PM
Well I'm scared by playing Jazz on the first if we have HCA, Jazz will be physical but with the HCA I can see a 2 1 for beginning and finish the work at home.

I wouldn't like to see Mavs honestly.

Spurs Brazil
03-06-2009, 03:48 PM
1 - Hornets
2 - Mavs

mudyez
03-06-2009, 04:02 PM
utah

(a poll would have been nice)

quentin_compson
03-06-2009, 04:10 PM

Gotta agree here. For some reason, the Mavs have always been doing well against us. Well, one reason certainly is that they cause some ugly matchup problems for the Spurs.
I still think we would beat them (assuming Manu is healthy by then), but it could be a hard-fought series. I don't see those kinds of problems against the likes of Utah, Portland or Denver. And NO is not nearly as strong as they were last year.

superbigtime
03-06-2009, 04:11 PM
Definitely don't want Jazz 1st round. NO also is really getting rolling now. Would love to see New Orleans and Utah face one another. Even if PHX makes the playoffs (they won't), they would get bounced by LAL. Bring on the Rockets or Denver. Dallas...eh.

DAF86
03-06-2009, 04:28 PM
I would love to face the Lakers in the first round

Old School 44
03-06-2009, 04:30 PM
1. New Orleans - don't want to see any more Paul to Chandler oops
2. Utah - Solid TEAM when healthy
3. Portland - Youth with nothing to lose

DAF86
03-06-2009, 04:51 PM
Which team is more likely to get more tired as the playoffs go on, the youngsters of LA or the oldies of SA?

When is Bynum more likely to get his groove back after beign so much time out, in the first round of the playoffs or in the WCF?

Who would the Lakers most hate to see in the first round of the playoffs?

Do you really think that any Spur cares about in what instance of the playoffs they lose if they end up losing anyways?

The answers to all these questions are the reason why...

I would love to face the Lakers in the first round

Brazil
03-06-2009, 04:53 PM
Which team is more likely to get more tired as the playoffs go on, the youngsters of LA or the oldies of SA?

When is Bynum more likely to get his groove back after beign so much time out, in the first round of the playoffs or in the WCF?

Who would the Lakers most hate to see in the first round of the playoffs?

Do you really think that any Spur cares about in what instance of the playoffs they lose if they end up losing anyways?

The answers to all these questions are the reason why...

won't happen anyway

mexicanjunior
03-06-2009, 04:54 PM
Utah, NO and Portland would be tough. I'd love to see Phoenix make the 7th seed and see them in the first round. Without Amare, they would have alot of problems against us...

DAF86
03-06-2009, 05:00 PM
won't happen anyway

Probably not but we aren't so far away from the 8th spot.

Brazil
03-06-2009, 05:02 PM
Probably not but we aren't so far away from the 8th spot.

I agree but 6 teams are closer than us.

temujin
03-06-2009, 05:32 PM
No Lakers.

Period.

quentin_compson
03-06-2009, 05:32 PM
utah, no and portland would be tough. I'd love to see phoenix make the 7th seed and see them in the first round. With or without amare, they would have alot of problems against us...

fify. ;)

tmtcsc
03-06-2009, 05:40 PM
Not a concern whatsoever. Dallas is terrible. If we have to face them in the first round, I'm confident we'd torch them.

The Hornets aren't as good as they were last year but they are picking up some steam just in time for the playoffs.

The Rockets will fail again. Any team that's led by Artest is doomed.

The Jazz are playing better and may make some noise but we OWN them.

Nope, its all about the Lakers. I want the Lakers in the worst way. First round or Last round. We got payback to deliver. Plus, its the friggin Lakers. There is no team out there more satisfying to deliver a beat down to than the Lakers and their fans.

What we did to them on their floor in 2003 was just awesome. Kobe and Fish brought to tears, a 28 point close-out victory on their floor...nice..or how about the finishing touches of a sweep and the closing down of the Forum ?

Anyone who doesn't want to face the Lakers is missing out.

balli
03-06-2009, 06:00 PM
Absolutely. I'd much rather play the Lakers than you guys. We get curb-stomped in SA.

And I don't know wtf you guys who said the Mavs were/are thinking. They're just awful.

Agloco
03-06-2009, 06:06 PM
Absolutely. I'd much rather play the Lakers than you guys. We get curb-stomped in SA.

And I don't know wtf you guys who said the Mavs were/are thinking. They're just awful.

I also think people need to wake up and realize exactly how dangerous your boys are when healthy. We can count on zero wins in Utah should we meet.
It's gonna take flawless ball in SA to beat you guys.

balli
03-06-2009, 06:10 PM
It's gonna take flawless ball in SA to beat you guys.
Yeah, I think we have a chance to do better than in years past, but considering you have been literally flawless against us in SA for what, 10 years (?), I'm not overly optimistic.

Though ignoring history, you're right, we are incredibly dangerous.

ElNono
03-06-2009, 06:27 PM
Milwaukee

Agloco
03-06-2009, 06:29 PM
Yeah, I think we have a chance to do better than in years past, but considering you have been literally flawless against us in SA for what, 10 years (?), I'm not overly optimistic.

Though ignoring history, you're right, we are incredibly dangerous.

I don't know how much you follow the Spurs, but they aren't looking nearly as sharp as in years past at this time of year. They're really starting to make me nervous. Add in the fact that were signing Gooden who's not the sharpest knife in the drawer when it comes to on the court decisions...... well you get the picture.

It's gonna be interesting regardless.

birdy219
03-06-2009, 07:07 PM
1. Hornets
2. Jazz
3. Houston
4. Denver
5. Portland
6. Mavs
7. Suns

In that order. :flag:

Trimble87
03-06-2009, 07:11 PM
Was thinking about this last night when I was watching Inside the NBA. Us keeping the number 2 spot is certainly not set in stone... but for this discussion lets assume the standings start 1. Lakers 2. Spurs. IMO what we need is for Denver to keep the 3 seed and for Hornets/Utah to get 4th and 5th in whichever order. If we get the nuggets in the second round while the lakers have a more difficult matchup in Utah (preferably) or New Orleans that could make all the difference for us in the WCF. Just think back to how worn we were after the tough 7 game series against New Orleans...

*edit. And as an afterthought getting the Suns or Rockets in the 8th seed would be perfect as well. While we take the Mavs or Blazers in the first round.

RC's Boss
03-06-2009, 07:22 PM
The Mavs are not the same team.... They NEVER had a shot blocker, and now they can't defend the point. 5 games at most. Utah can't defend the pick n roll from the point position. As good as Deron is (at least he tries) he can't defend Tony. Denver???? NEXT! Portland, somewhat, b/c they are young and talented... Not to mention deep. And Houston, they will be a bruiser to any west team. Other than that, there isn't any other team that can threaten us in the 1st 2 rounds if the standings remain the same. See you in LA for the WCF!

RC's Boss
03-06-2009, 07:23 PM
Oh, $got the Hornets, yeah, they're gonna be a handful.

lefty
03-06-2009, 07:53 PM
I definitely want to see the Nuggets in the playoffs (and lose game 1)

The last 2 times it happened, well.......

crc21209
03-06-2009, 07:56 PM
Damn I want it to be late April already so bad and for it to be Playoff time. Best and most stressful time of the yr! lol.

crc21209
03-06-2009, 07:57 PM
I would love it if we could stay #2 and New Orleans and Utah to be #4 and #5 as well, they would beat the hell out of each other and then the team who advanced would face the Lakers. Which would leave us with some combo of Dallas, Portland, Houston, and Denver in Rounds 1 and 2.

lefty
03-06-2009, 07:59 PM
Damn I want it to be late April already so bad and for it to be Playoff time. Best and most stressful time of the yr! lol.

+ 1 :lol

Man, evey time I listen to the song " We made it ", it reminds me of last year's WCF (intro song for the Spurs-Lakers series on TNT) :bang:bang

crc21209
03-06-2009, 08:03 PM
+ 1 :lol

Man, evey time I listen to the song " We made it ", it reminds me of last year's WCF (intro song for the Spurs-Lakers series on TNT) :bang:bang

Yeah I freaking hate that song too. Weird how an "intro song" to the playoffs on a certain channel can remind you of things in the future. Like the "This is how a heart breaks" song from 2005. The song from the Spurs-Pistons Final. Now THAT was a good song. :toast :lol

lefty
03-06-2009, 08:37 PM
Yeah I freaking hate that song too. Weird how an "intro song" to the playoffs on a certain channel can remind you of things in the future. Like the "This is how a heart breaks" song from 2005. The song from the Spurs-Pistons Final. Now THAT was a good song. :toast :lol

Too be fair, I like the " we made it " song, so it's a love-hate relationship

But honestly, the 2005 song was great, and as you mention, great memories :toast

balli
03-06-2009, 09:26 PM
I would love it if we could stay #2 and New Orleans and Utah to be #4 and #5 as well, they would beat the hell out of each other and then the team who advanced would face the Lakers.
Honestly and not to sound overly condescending, but the Jazz have NO's number. There's not a team I'd rather play and they don't scare me at all, either in terms of beating us or wearing us down. I'd say if they played us it would be 5 games max... if not a sweep.

HarlemHeat37
03-06-2009, 09:48 PM
the only 2 teams that give us matchup problems are LA and New Orleans..everybody else should be a definite series win, even Utah..

for first round matchups, Utah and New Orleans would give us tougher matchups than any of the other teams, so I guess that's my answer..

fiona_yin
03-06-2009, 09:51 PM
no hornets,no huston

SpursDynasty
03-06-2009, 09:52 PM
The Jazz are the only team in the West I see challenging the Spurs...there aren't any other teams in the West that are elite.

Ginobilirules
03-06-2009, 10:00 PM
I understand why u might say that"" however i'm really not worried about any of those teams at all seriously, cz when its winning time the Spurs will get the job done as long as our big three are healthy, and our great role players as well as gooden are ready to go to war. the Spurs will beat any one of those teams in 5 games except NO and Utah, Spurs will beat those teams 4-2 in a series. mark my word. and if its dallas, the spurs will destroy them in a sweep 4-0 we've beaten them 5 of the last 7 games and we've mostly had our way with them in the last two yrs.

Ginobilirules
03-06-2009, 10:11 PM
hey elnono you're an idiot for sure if milwaukee got lucky enuf to see us in the 1st rd we'd sweep them 4-0 you can count on it'' the spurs are totally different animal in the playoffs than the season, you obviously know ZERO ABOUT NBA B-BAL. get real"' seriously what an uneducated lowlife. the spurs can beat cle, bost etc in a series than you can bet the spurs would crush an destroy milwaukee. the stakes are higher in the playoffs, and if you wanna know what the Spurs would do to the bucks, think back to how we destroyed cleveland. that would be your answer, 4-0 sweeep"". they zero experience, mental toughness, and leadership, and mediorce defense, plus both bruce, and mason would take turns shutting down both bell, and redd guaranteed. and duncan and gooden would take turns schooling bogut on lthe hardknocks, and complete difference of the playoffs and season. THE SPURS ARE A BEAST IN THE PLAYOFFS"' AND IF YOU PAYED ATTENTION LONG ENOUGH YOU'D KNOW THIS TOO.

balli
03-06-2009, 10:18 PM
hey elnono you're an idiot for sure if milwaukee got lucky enuf to see us in the 1st rd we'd sweep them 4-0 you can count on it''
Just... Wow.

GSH
03-07-2009, 12:32 AM
The Jazz would be the toughest to beat without HCA. But it would be a great series to watch, if you love the game.

I think Denver's frustration level is so high, and collective IQ so low, that I would worry about cheap shots and injuries the whole time. I like Chauncey Billups, but the rest of that group is wasting oxygen.

RC's Boss
03-07-2009, 01:08 AM
The Jazz would be the toughest to beat without HCA. But it would be a great series to watch, if you love the game.

I think Denver's frustration level is so high, and collective IQ so low, that I would worry about cheap shots and injuries the whole time. I like Chauncey Billups, but the rest of that group is wasting oxygen.

The Jazz would go 5 games, book it!!!! Houston & N.O. are the only obstacles. Houston b/c of defense and N.O. b/c of C. Paul.... S.A. has Utah's number just like Phx.... Stop wathcing them against Denver or the win streak.... They do not match up well w/ the Spurs.

GSH
03-07-2009, 01:26 AM
S.A. has Utah's number just like Phx.... Stop wathcing them against Denver or the win streak.... They do not match up well w/ the Spurs.

You mean the streak where they have "matched up well" against L.A., Boston, New Orleans, Atlanta, and Houston? (And, yes, kicked the crap out of Denver tonight.) Yes sir. I'll quit.

Now that you put it that way, forming opinions by watching actual basketball games seems so silly.

senorglory
03-07-2009, 01:36 AM
Denver is a potential upset. Nene plays us well, and Billups is capable of whipping that team into a frenzy.

senorglory
03-07-2009, 01:41 AM
Suns or Mavs in the first round would be great, neither of those teams could beat the Spurs-- too much disarray this year on both those squads.

balli
03-07-2009, 01:49 AM
You mean the streak where they have "matched up well" against L.A., Boston, New Orleans, Atlanta, and Houston? (And, yes, kicked the crap out of Denver tonight.) Yes sir. I'll quit.

Now that you put it that way, forming opinions by watching actual basketball games seems so silly.

The Jazz would scrap with you guys. Depends on Duncan and Manu's health. Frankly, on paper and given the way we've bounced back, I'd be optimistic, but I'm not ready to entirely dismiss the psychological edge SA has over our franchise. I've just seen us get destroyed in SA too many times. With healthy teams, it would be a hell of a series though.

Trimble87
03-07-2009, 01:56 AM
The Jazz would scrap with you guys. Depends on Duncan and Manu's health. Frankly, on paper and given the way we've bounced back, I'd be optimistic, but I'm not ready to entirely dismiss the psychological edge SA has over our franchise. I've just seen us get destroyed in SA too many times. With healthy teams, it would be a hell of a series though.

I agree. Barkley called it a coin flip... might be my spurs biased but I wouldn't go that far. Still I do not want to see NO or Utah in the second round.

peskypesky
03-07-2009, 02:11 AM
Lakers are only team in the West I worry about.

Danny.Zhu
03-07-2009, 04:07 AM
I think Portland, Denver and Houston are easier to handle.

Danny.Zhu
03-07-2009, 04:09 AM
Exactly.

alchemist
03-07-2009, 09:13 AM

they played everyone of those teams at home and each of those teams played the night before (except the Hawks) so that streak is pretty deceiving.

ALAMO-DEFENSE
03-07-2009, 09:45 AM
Whoever whatever wherever team we play 1st 2nd WCF or Finals team, we will destroy them..................im 100% sure this is our year again !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO SPURS GOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jdev82
03-07-2009, 09:52 AM
ok but what team would you want in the first round?
i want the suns. hopefully an easy 5 gamer and fun as hell to watch.

TheManFromAcme
03-07-2009, 09:58 AM
Not a concern whatsoever. Dallas is terrible. If we have to face them in the first round, I'm confident we'd torch them.

The Hornets aren't as good as they were last year but they are picking up some steam just in time for the playoffs.

The Rockets will fail again. Any team that's led by Artest is doomed.

Nope, its all about the Lakers. I want the Lakers in the worst way. First round or Last round. We got payback to deliver. Plus, its the friggin Lakers. There is no team out there more satisfying to deliver a beat down to than the Lakers and their fans.

What we did to them on their floor in 2003 was just awesome. Kobe and Fish brought to tears, a 28 point close-out victory on their floor...nice..or how about the finishing touches of a sweep and the closing down of the Forum ?

Anyone who doesn't want to face the Lakers is missing out.

Hence we forget when the Lakeshow closed down the Alamodump....
Spare me the nostalgia. :nope

raspsa
03-07-2009, 09:58 AM
I don't really care w/c team the Spurs face in the first round. If the team is playing SPurs BB, they can beat anyone. If they're not, they could be beaten by any of those teams.

TheManFromAcme
03-07-2009, 10:01 AM

You should. But with that said, I think a healthy Tim, Manu and Tony will be quite formidable. I give the edge to the Lakers but if we can lose to anyone, it's the Spurs. Pop is the true "x" factor for the Spurs. We shall see.

TampaDude
03-07-2009, 10:08 AM
I'd worry about the Jazz in the 1st round...it could go 7 games and we could get banged up early...Spurs would have HCA, though, so they would likely advance.

Everyone knows it's gonna be Lakers/Spurs in the WCF and Cavs/Celtics in the ECF. Might as well just play those series now and get it over with. :D

Texas_Ranger
03-07-2009, 10:34 AM
I'd really like to get Phoenix!!

TampaDude
03-07-2009, 10:42 AM
I'd really like to get Phoenix!!

Me, too...but they have to make the playoffs first... :lol