PDA

View Full Version : GUNS N' ROSES, VAN HALEN To Co-Headline Tour?

JudynTX
03-06-2009, 03:56 PM
On the heels of news from RollingStone.com stating that GUNS N' ROSES mainman Axl Rose intends to follow last November’s release of Chinese Democracy with a worldwide stadium tour this summer, HITS Daily Double reports: "Right on the heels of this news come unconfirmed reports about a co-headlining tour with GN'R and fellow L.A. hard-rock icons VAN HALEN. If this pairing comes to pass, we’re betting it’ll move some serious ducats."

In regards to a GN'R tour, RollingStone.com reported: If it comes to pass, the tour would mark the first US stadium dates for the current line-up of Guns - their 2002 and 2006-’07 tours were arena outings, with some overseas stadium shows. (And contrary to one persistent online rumor, the band has absolutely no plans of playing Spain’s Kobetasonik Festival this June.)

Meanwhile, Guns’ manager, Irving Azoff, tells Rolling Stone that the band has big plans for this year. “Axl has been basically quiet, keeping out of the limelight for almost 15 years. People think they know him but they only really only know what has been said about him by questionable people,” Azoff says. “He is a good guy and often misunderstood — he is a professional who has worked very hard to build and maintain a high creative standard for Guns N’ Roses, which I support. We have some exciting things in the works this year for GN’R, I’m looking forward to it.”

link (http://http://www.bravewords.com/news/108291)

S_A_Longhorn
03-06-2009, 04:17 PM
Sounds cool, but who is singing with Van Halen these days? And a stadium tour...in this economy? Not likely very succssful.

JudynTX
03-06-2009, 04:18 PM
David Lee Roth :D

jack sommerset
03-06-2009, 04:19 PM
This would be great 20 years ago.

peewee's lovechild
03-06-2009, 04:21 PM
This would be great 20 years ago.

Maybe.

I just can't see Van Halen and GNR working together.

Fuck, Axl couldn't make it work with Metallica at times.

I say Roth and Axl get in a bitch fight 3 weeks into the tour.

JudynTX
03-06-2009, 04:22 PM
Maybe.

I just can't see Van Halen and GNR working together.

Fuck, Axl couldn't make it work with Metallica at times.

I say Roth and Axl get in a bitch fight 3 weeks into the tour.

I would only go to hear VH.....not a fan of GnR. :td

Dr. Gonzo
03-06-2009, 04:23 PM
3 weeks? You are really giving them that long? I would say they would be bitching before the tour even started. They would fight over who closes the show.

This will never happen. Van Halen couldn't even stay together the full length of their last tour.

The Franchise
03-06-2009, 05:19 PM
I would only go to hear VH.....not a fan of GnR. :td

+1 Axl is a piece of crap.

Pistons < Spurs
03-06-2009, 09:47 PM
I could care less about GnR, but to see VH again would be awesome. I saw them in 85 and was blown away.

dirk4mvp
03-07-2009, 11:09 AM
GNR >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> van halen

leemajors
03-07-2009, 11:27 AM
GNR >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> van halen

Maybe van Hagar, unless you're spurminator...

dirk4mvp
03-07-2009, 11:33 AM
Maybe van Hagar, unless you're spurminator...

very few bands are better than gnr, and van halen sure as hell isn't one of them.

David Bowie
03-07-2009, 11:52 AM
I'm a huge fan of 80's music. However, after seeing Poison and Brett Michael's triple chin, I think that I'll skip this one. I don't really feel like seeing Axle Rose's cornrowes or David Lee Roth's three clumps of hair.

(Ratt, by the way, still rocks live. And Stephen Pearcy looks great :drool:)

Bender
03-07-2009, 12:28 PM
but to see VH again would be awesome. I saw them in 85 and was blown away. I saw them in 1978. They opened for black sabbath.

I'm not a GnR fan either...

pablo3po
03-08-2009, 04:52 PM
GnR?? or Axl and 4 other guys?

Whisky Dog
03-08-2009, 05:24 PM
Axel and 4 other guys. And not even Buckethead:bang

No thanks. I'll reserve my time and money to see bands that actually are worth a shit these days. I don't have a time machine.

dirk4mvp
03-08-2009, 06:45 PM
bands that actually are worth a shit these days.

They still makes those?

exstatic
03-08-2009, 08:56 PM
GnR?? or Axl and 4 other guys?

+1 I have no interest in seeing the Axl Rose Band, assuming he even shows for the gig.

Fabbs
03-09-2009, 03:15 AM
*love* how Roth shot his mouth off about other bands before Van Lamers last tour. "This isn't going to be another Rockers with Walkers tour like other bands have done. We are going to continue this far beyond the tour."

Post shortened tour VH puts on their website "the highest grossing tour for VH ever". Thats it.

Translation: It was all about the money all along. (Big surprise :lol ) Thanks for playing suckers.

Agree with the others who say these two jr high bitches (Roth and AxL) wouldnt last 48 hours.

SpursStalker
03-09-2009, 09:33 AM
I have no desire to see either ...

:sleep