PDA

View Full Version : Crappy Threads

tmtcsc
03-06-2009, 05:28 PM
What's going on with all the stupid threads ? It's not like we are in the middle of the summer with no legitimate topics to talk about.

Silly threads seem to be over taking this forum. I'm no purist or snob about basketball but it just seems like there are tons of juvenile, idiotic or just plain stupid topics being put up for discussion.

I hate even starting this thread about other crappy threads because its more waste. I just want to know if anyone else is noticing or getting annoyed with it.

I mean, who cares about fantasy Spurs line-ups, "if so and so were Spurs would we win" , unrealistic trade scenarios, favorite this or that ?

How old are you people out there ? What happened to the realistic and informative threads about past or upcoming games ?

How many minutes do you see Gooden playing ? Whose minutes will he take ? Is Mason good enough to be the back-up point ? Will Rocket be more productive now that Gooden will play more post position ? What will this do to Fab's minutes ? Whose our best defensive Center ?

I would think those are legitimate topics to discuss but they seem to be fewer and fewer. Ah well, I'm done venting.

iilluzioN
03-06-2009, 05:29 PM
I completly agree with you man, plz ban all trolls

and make me a MOD, ill take care of em for ya :D

Nathan Explosion
03-06-2009, 05:30 PM
I started my Pops/Scola thread as a joke in response to all the Pops and Scola threads popping up.

Everyone listen up, Pops and Scola are not Spurs. Get over it. Who cares how the Spurs would have done with either or both because neither is a Spur.

Nathan Explosion
03-06-2009, 05:40 PM
You know, having said that about the threads, our team is boring. Now that's not a bad thing. But they don't necessarily leave you much to talk about in between games. During games they are exciting, but on off days, how often can we talk about Gooden's impact or our chances or winning it all.

Do you think Gooden coming will be good for the Spurs. (Yes/No)
Can the Spurs win it all? (Yes).
What happens in the offseason? (If Gino is healthy...)

I mean, how many threads can be started on those topics and yet, they pop up ALL THE TIME.

TwelveGs210
03-06-2009, 05:41 PM
who gives a shit really? click on threads that interest you is the way i see it..just a suggestion

Agloco
03-06-2009, 05:44 PM
who gives a shit really? click on threads that interest you is the way i see it..just a suggestion

Amen.

honestfool84
03-06-2009, 05:45 PM
example of such thread. (http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3171520&posted=1#post3171520)

Agloco
What's going on with all the stupid threads ? It's not like we are in the middle of the summer with no legitimate topics to talk about.

Silly threads seem to be over taking this forum. I'm no purist or snob about basketball but it just seems like there are tons of juvenile, idiotic or just plain stupid topics being put up for discussion.

I hate even starting this thread about other crappy threads because its more waste. I just want to know if anyone else is noticing or getting annoyed with it.

I mean, who cares about fantasy Spurs line-ups, "if so and so were Spurs would we win" , unrealistic trade scenarios, favorite this or that ?

How old are you people out there ? What happened to the realistic and informative threads about past or upcoming games ?

How many minutes do you see Gooden playing ? Whose minutes will he take ? Is Mason good enough to be the back-up point ? Will Rocket be more productive now that Gooden will play more post position ? What will this do to Fab's minutes ? Whose our best defensive Center ?

I would think those are legitimate topics to discuss but they seem to be fewer and fewer. Ah well, I'm done venting.

Duncan? Not much of a discussion really.....

tmtcsc
Off day topics ?

How about discussing the upcoming match ups in the last quarter of the season.

Where do you see the Spurs ending up in the playoff seeding ?

Do you see the Spurs cathing up to the Lakers or being caught from behind by the Hornets or Rockets ?

How important is Home Court Advantage ?

Can this team win it all if Manu doesn't come back ?

Who do you think the Spurs playoff rotation will be ?

Does Tim seem like he's still limping a bit ?

tmtcsc
Duncan? Not much of a discussion really.....

Duncan is playing Forward. That leaves Oberto, Bonner, Thomas and now Gooden to get minutes at Center.

DMX7
03-06-2009, 05:47 PM
you're contributing to it.

Agloco
Duncan is playing Forward.

He's a center by trade.

DAF86
Drama queen thread

tmtcsc
03-06-2009, 05:48 PM
He's a center by trade.

What do you mean by that ? Does he guard the other team's centers ?

Nathan Explosion
03-06-2009, 05:49 PM
Off day topics ?

How about discussing the upcoming match ups in the last quarter of the season.

Where do you see the Spurs ending up in the playoff seeding ?

Do you see the Spurs cathing up to the Lakers or being caught from behind by the Hornets or Rockets ?

How important is Home Court Advantage ?

Can this team win it all if Manu doesn't come back ?

Who do you think the Spurs playoff rotation will be ?

I think I've seen all those threads posted already in some form or fashion. And each one has been duplicated time and again.

Face it, off the court, our team is boring. No shootings, arguing, dividing the locker room, bickering amongst coaches and players and what not.

Nothing like that football team up I-35 that many Spurs fans follow.

Oh well, such is life when you have a stable team that wins over and over again.

TwelveGs210

this rant reminds me of the disgruntled waitress that hates her life on the movie, "Waiting"

TwelveGs210
Drama queen thread

lol :toast

tmtcsc
03-06-2009, 05:51 PM
lol :toast

Hey look, you two butt queens are friends.

Agloco
03-06-2009, 05:52 PM

You've never seen him on Yao, Dampier or Shaq?

He slides to the four when Thomas or Oberto is in, but he plays both.

tmtcsc
03-06-2009, 05:54 PM
Tim will guard 4 or 5's but the guy plays PF. He is not our Center.

timvp
03-06-2009, 05:56 PM
The Gooden signing has for some reason riled up Spurs fans into starting an ungodly amount of threads. I expect for it to get back to normal once there's a next game to talk about.

WildcardManu
03-06-2009, 05:56 PM
It only takes a few seconds to breeze through the topics before you surf away.

Nathan Explosion
03-06-2009, 05:57 PM

The better question is, is there really a difference between a 4 and 5 in the Spurs system? Same with the 2 and 3.

Because when you really think about it, the Spurs have a bunch of PFs and SGs on the team and spread them out of 4 different spots on the floor.

timvp
03-06-2009, 05:58 PM
But yeah, this thread doesn't help matters. Instead, *gasp*, make a quality thread rather than whine. This only adds another derailed thread to the mix.

duncan228
03-06-2009, 05:59 PM

Yes. I think both of his knees aren't great at the moment. Hopefully it all settles down soon.

usckk
03-06-2009, 05:59 PM
I hope so.

Agloco
03-06-2009, 06:03 PM

Ummmm.......ok :(

Nathan Explosion
03-06-2009, 06:07 PM
Tim plays in the center of the defense. What does that make him?

TwelveGs210
03-06-2009, 06:09 PM
want some cheese with that "whine"?

ElNono
03-06-2009, 06:25 PM
Tim plays in the center of the defense. What does that make him?

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/42/573.gif

Kori Ellis
03-06-2009, 06:30 PM
I have a theory about crappy threads.

Don't like 'em. Don't post in 'em.

The forum has enough traffic that they'll be off the front page in a few hours.

We have consolidated dozens of Gooden threads in the past few days, but there's only so much policing that you can (want) to do.

Post in the good threads or make a good thread of your own. Then it will be on top.

Let the waste fall away.

Nathan Explosion
03-06-2009, 06:31 PM
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/42/573.gif

People talked about whether Duncan was a C or PF. I just commented. Who cares what direction the thread takes, people will complain no matter what.

Some call it a crappy thread, but when you try to talk ball and make it better, others complain it's off topic.

Go figure.

ElNono
03-06-2009, 06:32 PM
I have a theory about crappy threads.

Don't like 'em. Don't post in 'em.

The forum has enough traffic that they'll be off the front page in a few hours.

We have consolidated dozens of Gooden threads in the past few days, but there's only so much policing that you can (want) to do.

Post in the good threads or make a good thread of your own. Then it will be on top.

Let the waste fall away.

Either that, or enable the cat:

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/new_thread_cat.gif

Rogue
03-06-2009, 06:37 PM
I know some foreigners just treat our forum as a place where they can develop their language skills, but they haven't ever taken our feeling into their considerations. I just think they should post under the existing threads instead of starting new ones themselves.

/good thread

Mr Bones
03-06-2009, 06:39 PM
Threads are mysterious on spurstalk. The recent thread on Scola is locked now, for better or worse. I admit that I am tired of hearing about Scola too, but that thread can't begin to compete with the sequspur thread from a few days ago whose title was something like you can all lick my balls now or something like that. Strange.

sananspursfan21
03-06-2009, 06:40 PM
who cares?

Mr Bones
03-06-2009, 06:46 PM
Well, I do. If I'm at work taking a quick look at spurstalk to catch up on some hoops news and the bold titles say things like LICK MY BALLS and BONNER SUCKS MY ASS, I have to click it off because it's inappropriate. I thought it was a rule that people weren't supposed to curse in the thread titles...

SpursDynasty
03-06-2009, 06:56 PM
How about let's start a Tony vs Manu thread?

Agloco
03-06-2009, 07:00 PM
Threads are mysterious on spurstalk. The recent thread on Scola is locked now, for better or worse. I admit that I am tired of hearing about Scola too, but that thread can't begin to compete with the sequspur thread from a few days ago whose title was something like you can all lick my balls now or something like that. Strange.

Amen. SequSpur offers up some of the most asinine shit you'll ever see. He's usually lit up when he does it, but......

tlongII
03-06-2009, 07:05 PM
I don't start many threads in the Spurs Forum. I apologize.

Nathan Explosion
03-06-2009, 07:05 PM
How about let's start a Tony vs Manu thread?

I guess with the trade deadline come and gone, I can't start a "Trade Tony" thread then, huh?

How about, bench Tony and start Manu in his place.

Oh wait...

Nathan Explosion
03-06-2009, 07:07 PM
To be perfectly honest, I wasn't trying to take a shot at the "Line Up Change" thread. It sort of just happened.

A case of trying to make a joke and it coming true sort of deal.

wannabe Moderator
03-06-2009, 07:49 PM
iilluzioN and (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=15465)tmtcsc (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=2574)

Can you PM me? I may have some extra work for you this weekend.

Spur|n|Austin
03-06-2009, 07:53 PM
So now there's a thread to talk about crappy threads? That's funny.

lefty
03-06-2009, 08:00 PM

Then we should start by deleting yours

ducks
03-06-2009, 08:07 PM
I don't start many threads in the Spurs Forum. I apologize.

:bang:bang:bang

Austin_Toros
03-06-2009, 08:13 PM
"Crappy threads" better not refer to threads about waived spurs players. We love our James White threads!

Now it looks like we will be getting a fair dose of Mensah-Bonsu threads, too.

tmtcsc
03-06-2009, 09:29 PM
this rant reminds me of the disgruntled waitress that hates her life on the movie, "Waiting"

Dy' know how I know you're gay ? You watched the "Waitress".. :lol

http://www.polyfro.com/images/40yearold-1.jpg

tmtcsc
03-06-2009, 09:36 PM
Ummmm.......ok :(

What don't you understand ? Tim plays Power Forward. Roger Mason is a 2 guard that sometimes plays the point. Tim is a PF that sometimes rotates on D and covers the other team's center. I get it.

Does that make him our Center ? No. Rasho was our Center, Nazr was a Center and Fab plays center. When was the last time Tim went to the All Star game as a Center ? :depressed

tmtcsc
03-06-2009, 09:38 PM
Then we should start by deleting yours

Oh gawd.

B-Boys
03-06-2009, 09:46 PM
tmtcsc is a punk ass bioch!

tmtcsc
03-06-2009, 10:07 PM
tmtcsc is a punk ass bioch!

Nice. Now go start a thread about it, Chicken Lips.

Word!
03-06-2009, 10:16 PM
Is it safe to say tmtcsc pw3n'd himself making this thread?

tmtcsc
03-06-2009, 10:17 PM
want some cheese with that "whine"?

Want some funny for that joke ?

tmtcsc
03-06-2009, 10:24 PM
Is it safe to say tmtcsc pw3n'd himself making this thread?

It's safe to say "pw3n'd" is a pretty tired and old expression. Good for you. :toast

Palabra!

Flux451
03-07-2009, 02:16 AM
and they lived happily ever after.

Brutalis
03-07-2009, 03:27 AM
I don't believe the Spurs are boring.

Austin_Toros
03-07-2009, 04:50 AM
It's safe to say "pw3n'd" is a pretty tired and old expression. Good for you. :toast

Palabra!

Correction: parabola

:lol

rayray2k8
03-07-2009, 05:25 AM
We got people complaining about the fucking floors now..
Ridiculous.

ohmwrecker
03-07-2009, 10:54 AM
When is everyone going to stop pretending that Tim is not our center? He is the tallest player on the floor, he works post pivot plays and all of the offense and defense schemes go through and around him. Whatever. I don't care. This thread sucks.

Nathan Explosion
03-07-2009, 11:46 AM
In the grand scheme of Spurs basketball, NBA basketball, and ultimately life, does it matter if Duncan is a PF or a C?

Not really. Technically he's listed as a PF, and therefore is the greatest PF of all time. I guess you could argue that it matters according to history. But as for the Spurs scheme, it really doesn't matter what his "position" is.